• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Well, glad I held up on getting a 3DSXL, I almost brought one the other week.

Nothing else of note really, a couple of generic J-RPG's and a new One Piece fighting game, I see why they didn't show this to the western audience.

Oh yeah, and Shulk, hooray I guess...

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well, glad I held up on getting a 3DSXL, I almost brought one the other week.

Nothing else of note really, a couple of generic J-RPG's and a new One Piece fighting game, I see why they didn't show this to the western audience.

Oh yeah, and Shulk, hooray I guess...
I'll totally be maining Shulk. But still a disappointment because we can expect Duck hunt dog. Dark pit. And DR mario.

And most likely not getting Mewtwo.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
What does this mean for Mewtwo then? Missed the direct :(
Its means the leak is true and that Mewtwo is most definitely cut.... (he was already gone since Melee anyways)

kinda sucks to be a mewtwo fan today.... or a fan of any other character not found in the leak.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I'll totally be maining Shulk. But still a disappointment because we can expect Duck hunt dog. Dark pit. And DR mario.

And most likely not getting Mewtwo.
Don't set yourself up for disappointment, Mewtwo could be in the game. Remember the leaked roster is not the full roster

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917

MYU2

Smash Apprentice

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
GUYS GUYS MEWTWOS CHANCES HAVE BEEN UPPED

Remember that leak that we were talking about a few pages ago, for reference here it is http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2epp5d/v_leaks_more_information_on_smash_4/

He talked about Shulks moveset AND HE WAS 100% RIGHT
This guy now has cred meaning Mewtwo might be confirmed.

But then again the Gematsu leak seemed real aswell.
He got shulk's final smash wrong (assuming the part where shulk's party members help him is his FS)

ayy lmao

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Every leak got some things wrong.

Look at Gematsu, it didn't say anything about Rosalina, didn't specify Greninja, and was completely wrong with Chrom.

This looks a little good for Mewtwo, but I wouldn't invest too much faith into it.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Its means the leak is true and that Mewtwo is most definitely cut.... (he was already gone since Melee anyways)
It seems like you're using that as a bit of evidence as to why Mewtwo can't come back. You realise you are referencing a leak that had Dr Mario in it? A cut character from Melee. Anyways we know the leak does not have the full roster so you're wrong. On every account.

I will admit,though things don't look too good for Mewtwo but you can't come outright and say he is gone without any actual evidence to back it up.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

kinda sucks to be a mewtwo fan today.... or a fan of any other character not found in the leak.
If the leak is true it pretty much means the opposite. I think this helps Mewtwo actually, and I'm pretty sure he is in.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'm afraid this is it. We were going to get one last pre-release-hype reveal, and that was Shulk. If he's the biggest shot they've got left, then the leak is pretty much guaranteed to be complete roster.

All we can do now is hope for DLC.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I'm afraid this is it. We were going to get one last pre-release-hype reveal, and that was Shulk. If he's the biggest shot they've got left, then the leak is pretty much guaranteed to be complete roster.

I wouldn't count Mewtwo out yet. We know the leak was not the complete roster. This is fact. There are more to come.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It's not a fact, it is speculation. There is no way to be sure if the person who said that was truly the source of the video leaks.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Did you even look at the correct rumors

They mention stuff thats incorrect

Gemusuto got chrom wrong for example

So now i sure chorus men is 1 of the 5 missing in that leak roster

And mewtwo is in speculation in the ninka leak ( and possible he will get wolf wrong.)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

That was last pre-relase-hype reveal FOR JAPAN, and Shulk was the most requested character over there. They will probably reveal Mewtwo before West relase. You may says "But we will already know all the roster!" True, but with Brawl, they had stopped revealing new hidden characters AFTER japanese relase? NO.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It would make sense, considering Xenoblade had the bulk of its success in Japan, while Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo have the bulk of their popularity in the west.

But no. The trailer said "Over 40 character!" instead of 50.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Unless you have evidence to back this, you shouldn't go about saying he is cut. All-Stars mode showed a padlock in one of the leaks, and there still hasn't been any mention of Mewtwo or other characters that have been in since Melee such as Jigglypuff and Ganondorf.

From what I saw, if the leak was true, Mewtwo's chances were upped.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
It would make sense, considering Xenoblade had the bulk of its success in Japan, while Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo have the bulk of their popularity in the west.

But no. The trailer said "Over 40 character!" instead of 50.
Could be them speaking at this moment in time.

Well, at least we know the roster will be more than 40 characters so that's a plus.

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Unless you have evidence to back this, you shouldn't go about saying he is cut. All-Stars mode showed a padlock in one of the leaks, and there still hasn't been any mention of Mewtwo or other characters that have been in since Melee such as Jigglypuff and Ganondorf.

From what I saw, if the leak was true, Mewtwo's chances were upped.
The lock was so small, it looks like photoshop. And on the Top screen there wasnt even a line trough the mode:(

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The 40 theory is b*******. The leak (that is real) had already 48 characters on it, BUT it is missing Mii Fighters, and they are counted as 3, so we get already 51 playable characters. And Nintendo always use the highest 10 multiples for describe his amount of thing (I remember the "More that 100 new pokemon" for Diamond and Pearl, which had 107 new pokemon). They probably used the number 40 because we have already 40 characters, and that teases that there will be more hidden in the game. Honestly, I highly doubt that there will be any other kind of reveal until release.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I don't understand those that claim this lessens Mewtwo's chances. Both he and Dr. Mario WERE supposed to be in Brawl, but ended up getting cut. Now that the good doctor has returned I believe we can reasonably hope for Mewtwo's return as well.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
they cannot ignore this flawless design. Hell even Mega Mewtwo X is a fighting type. They cannot ignore his existence and accomplishments.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
100% agreed.

Also, welcome to the Mewtwo thread and to Smashboards!!
Thank you very much!! I appreciate it. I joined because I lurk this thread every chance I get. I believe it would be dishonorable and disrespectful to fans to have him and his mega evolutions appear only as trophies, because the potential thats there is unreal and gut-wrenching

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp, all we need now is for one Japanese guy to get his hands on the game. Once we see the full All-Star mode, we will know what is included in the base game.

The fact that they were able to include Link into Mario Kart 8 as DLC gives me a lot of faith in Nintendo's DLC capabilities, though, if Mewtwo isn't in the game. He'd definitely be a prime candidate for an extra character later on. I hope we don't have to resort to that, though. I really hope we don't. That's a dark path to walk. There is no real hope to be had there, only blind faith.

What I mean is, while it would make sense to make DLC for Smash 4, there is no guarantee that it will ever happen, and certainly no guarantee that Mewtwo will be a part of it. There was no indication that it absolutely was going to happen for Mario Kart 8, nor which characters it was going to be. There was a confirmation of the ability - the possibility that it could happen through data diving, but no hints as to what it could be, if it would be, etc.

I guess very soon we shall see. But @ woopyfrood woopyfrood is right: we have assumed that locked All-Star correlates with the roster we have seen, but there is actually no proof that they correlate. Only hope. So, we shall see.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
It would suck if Jigglypuff is the only unlockable Pokemon character. I believe he's one of the last remaining veteran/newcomer that has yet to be revealed. Sakurai just can't leave him out this time

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

There is also this leak that states that Mewtwo is apart of the roster. There are so many leaks at this point it's hard to know if anything is real or fake at this point.

Don't give up hope guys. Let's stick by our wanted characters until the full roster has been official released. And then for Sakurai to tell us his final decision on DLC.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It would suck if Jigglypuff is the only unlockable Pokemon character. I believe he's one of the last remaining veteran/newcomer that has yet to be revealed. Sakurai just can't leave him out this time
I have nothing against Jigglypuff per se, but I do agree with you. I hope you are right.

Won't be long, now. Could be pretty much any day now.

http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg

There is also this leak that states that Mewtwo is apart of the roster. There are so many leaks at this point it's hard to know if anything is real or fake at this point.

Don't give up hope guys. Let's stick by our wanted characters until the full roster has been official released. And then for Sakurai to tell us his final decision on DLC.
One of the more famous leakers admitted that they lied about Mewtwo and others. I believe it was the one who supplied the photos and video. Another one supposedly went back on their inclusion of Mewtwo and others, though I have seen no proof. I agree that the situation is confusing, but it is also not encouraging, either.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
There were two leaks

One said Mewtwo/Dixie/Ridley/Mach Rider/Impa which was proven fake. The other one was Mewtwo/Dixie/Ridley/Chorus Men. Also, wasn't there a 4chan leak that stated Mewtwo, Bowser Jr. etc. would be in, and that was the one that made Ninka/Vaanrose come forward right?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Isn't it already said that the bit wih Mewtwo and other wanted characters was mere speculation?

I personally think this is it: the final roster is the one in the leaks. We're not gonna see Mewtwo.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Isn't it already said that the bit wih Mewtwo and other wanted characters was mere speculation?

I personally think this is it: the final roster is the one in the leaks. We're not gonna see Mewtwo.
That 4chan post which included Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, DHD, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. was made before the Ninka/Vaanrose leak was ever made known to the public. Either the user who posted the leak had made the luckiest guess in the world, or those are the remaining characters that are not on the roster.

That, or the user knew about the remaining newcomers, but made some up to **** with the fanbase. Which I kind of doubt.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys. I just wanted to thank you guys and let you all know that chatting with you and getting a glimpse at the unbridled passion you each have for Super Smash Bros. got me inspired enough to jump into a different medium – making videos.

I'm still very much a part of Game Rant, but here's my first vid talking about the roster leak and all the additional rumors that have surfaced in its wake. I hope you enjoy it and there will be more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc3CcYfCV8

P.S. To keep it relevant to this thread, I do mention Mewtwo. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom