• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Blegh.
Mewtwo is about "mind" not "muscle"...I always preferred Y for this reason.
I honestly think that both of the Mega Evolutions are poorly designed and mostly unneeded. They're a little ugly in my eyes and I mean, this is Mewtwo. He doesn't need buffs, but that's just my opinion. I guess with all of the new, really powerful pokemon, they needed to make him stronger. "World's Strongest Pokemon" and such... Whatever helps him get into Sm4sh, I suppose. The Y version is most likely the one that Sm4sh is getting. The only chance Mewtwo X has is the fact this is a fighting game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think that both of the Mega Evolutions are poorly designed and mostly unneeded. They're a little ugly in my eyes and I mean, this is Mewtwo. He doesn't need buffs, but that's just my opinion. I guess with all of the new, really powerful pokemon, they needed to make him stronger. "World's Strongest Pokemon" and such... Whatever helps him get into Sm4sh, I suppose. The Y version is most likely the one that Sm4sh is getting. The only chance Mewtwo X has is the fact this is a fighting game.
i see what you did there.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly think they buffed due to the presence of Arceus.
While Arceus is the GOD Pokemon, Mewtwo is meant to be the strongest. That's just how we was made, and how he should stay.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think they buffed due to the presence of Arceus.
While Arceus is the GOD Pokemon, Mewtwo is meant to be the strongest. That's just how we was made, and how he should stay.
it said Arceus hatched from an egg and SHAPED all there is in the world.
but you can't shape what doesn't even exist.
so... somebody had to make it...
and that pokemon... was

BELLSPROUT!
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a2/069Bellsprout.png/250px-069Bellsprout.png

(obviously neither Arceus or Bellsprout are actually God for real, however, in pokemon Bellsprout was PRETTY strong)

Last edited by a moderator:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say mewtwo badly needed a mega evolution to keep up or anything, even with no mega he's the fastest legendary there is other than deoxys speed form, and his psystrike gives him really dangerous coverage on both defenses.

But I like y, I think it's got a nice look for a temporary power up.

I'd like Psystrike to be integrated into his normal moves though, like as a special or a smash attack

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
"let's forget Mewtwo for a second"
WHAT?! this is the Mewtwo thread dude! go talk about your crazy generic character celebrations somewhere else.
the roster is weak, it's decaying into the bland summer breeze now get over yourself dude.
Smash is about the gameplay and the characters and no matter whether you are Competitve (me) or Casual, both have agreed to this. this game already took away the Melee gameplay that allot of people love, now it takes away our characters?
no.
this game is bad.
You misunderstood al what i said. I was not even saying that mewtwo should be left out. Whats up with you sir? reading comprehension much?

D

Deleted member

You misunderstood al what i said. I was not even saying that mewtwo should be left out. Whats up with you sir? reading comprehension much?
that's not the implication, it is that if this is a celebration of all things Nintendo, then doesn't Mewtwo count as a "thing Nintendo"?
in the end Nintendo does what will give them money, they don't care about us, so wouldn't the best business choice be to add Mewtwo in? that's why we can't forget him. i never said you wanted him gone.

misunderstanding much?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Some guy on Reddit made this to show his ideal roster. Its not meant to look real. This is just what he wants from the final game.
I think that's what we ALL want.
(except Ice Climbers because I hate them and their stupid, cheap grab mechanics)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I really hope this is legit.
Does he sport any proof?
Nah no proof. He said several times no proof because I like my job and I want to keep it.

Im not believing it just yet because any old joe could have made this up but its good for some fresh speculation. If it is true Im kind of happy in a way that Mewtwo has the same moveset. I know its ins and outs I know the good combos with it. Hopefully he has some really cool custom moves though.

D

Deleted member

Nah no proof. He said several times no proof because I like my job and I want to keep it.

Im not believing it just yet because any old joe could have made this up but its good for some fresh speculation. If it is true Im kind of happy in a way that Mewtwo has the same moveset. I know its ins and outs I know the good combos with it. Hopefully he has some really cool custom moves though.
yeah we need some Mewtwo! i would love to see pics though.
however that "leaker" is very "interesting".

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Simply because of how he worded things and openly declared that he doesn't want to loose his job by sharing stuff....
I actually am going to go ahead and believe what this guy had to say. Call me crazy, but I think this is actually it guys. ^^

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Simply because of how he worded things and openly declared that he doesn't want to loose his job by sharing stuff....
I actually am going to go ahead and believe what this guy had to say. Call me crazy, but I think this is actually it guys. ^^
If he didn't want to lose his job, he wouldn't be revealing info. Especially not personally. He'd pass it to someone else to create a buffer in case the source of the post gets tracked down.

D

Deleted member

yeah, i have to agree there, i wonder if Mewtwo will at least get a new model, however, even if he gets WORST since Melee despite how much i liked playing as him, so long as Mewtwo is in as a playable character that is good enough for me

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If he didn't want to lose his job, he wouldn't be revealing info. Especially not personally. He'd pass it to someone else to create a buffer in case the source of the post gets tracked down.
You do realize that Nintendo won't go after you for saying these things....the reason being, is because people everywhere are saying similar things. There's no point in going after someone when they have no evidence to back themselves up. I mean, think about it....everybody wants photos or videos now-a-days.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You do realize that Nintendo won't go after you for saying these things....the reason being, is because people everywhere are saying similar things. There's no point in going after someone when they have no evidence to back themselves up. I mean, think about it....everybody wants photos or videos now-a-days.
If Nintendo finds out (and they do have people actively searching for leaks), you're out of your job just the same. If Nintendo finds an actual leak, visual evidence or not, and tracks it back to a Nintendo employee, that employee is out a job. Period. It's still violation of NDA, and terms of employment. Whether anyone believes you or not.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If Nintendo finds out (and they do have people actively searching for leaks), you're out of your job just the same. If Nintendo finds an actual leak, visual evidence or not, and tracks it back to a Nintendo employee, that employee is out a job. Period. It's still violation of NDA, and terms of employment. Whether anyone believes you or not.
It's still difficult to track someone if they're simply posting words with no videos or anything of the sort.

Edit; in other news....I am now a Smash Lord!!!
huzzah.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's still difficult to track someone if they're simply posting words with no videos or anything of the sort.
Not if you're doing it from a personal machine. If the leak gets spread around at all (and if it winds up here, it has been), it's high profile enough that it will probably be noticed. And Nintendo can certainly track down where the original post came from.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo needs to stop hiding stuff and just reveal Mewtwo already, i don't want to wait! i wan't to know!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What makes you say that? XD
Past experience.

August 4th, 2014. Ten days before the release of Hyrule Warriors, a Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct was held. It ended with a trailer reveal of the most heavily requested character in the game since the time it was announced: Ganondorf.

September 3rd, 2014. Ten days before the release of Smash Bros. for 3DS, a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct will be held. It will end with a trailer reveal of the most heavily requested character(s) in the game since the time it was announced: Mewtwo and Ridley.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'll bet they do a general direct to capitalize on Mario Kart dlc and other holiday goodies too

I think you're a little over confident though

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Past experience.

August 4th, 2014. Ten days before the release of Hyrule Warriors, a Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct was held. It ended with a trailer reveal of the most heavily requested character in the game since the time it was announced: Ganondorf.

September 3rd, 2014. Ten days before the release of Smash Bros. for 3DS, a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct will be held. It will end with a trailer reveal of the most heavily requested character(s) in the game since the time it was announced: Mewtwo and Ridley.
....don't suppose you can confirm this?
...I'll go along with it. Hope you're right.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
....don't suppose you can confirm this?
...I'll go along with it. Hope you're right.
Every poll I've ever seen has had Mewtwo massively crushing everyone on requests, even newcomers. He's the most heavily requested character, and is even more popular in Japan than over here. Ridley just makes too much since. While he may not be the most heavily requested newcomer, he is definitely the most heavily requested remaining, and I still believe the teases were done on purpose. Since Mewtwo is technically a veteran, he might not get a trailer to himself (since no veteran has so far). Sharing the screen with Ridley would get him a trailer, and put two of the biggest hype characters together for the final reveal.

I can think of no bigger way to build last minute hype for the game. I can't imagine Nintendo's marketing not capitalizing on that potential.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I agree both have flawed designs and Mega Mewtwo X needs more spotlight, im tired of seeing that fetus head all over the place (my Mega Charizard X bias does make me a hypocrite though). Pokken seems like the best shot for MMX at this point.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I agree both have flawed designs and Mega Mewtwo X needs more spotlight, im tired of seeing that fetus head all over the place (my Mega Charizard X bias does make me a hypocrite though). Pokken seems like the best shot for MMX at this point.
And I'm tired of seeing my psychic master bulked up with massive muscles like he's been on steroids forever. Mewtwo destroys you with his mind, not his body.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
And I'm tired of seeing my psychic master bulked up with massive muscles like he's been on steroids forever. Mewtwo destroys you with his mind, not his body.
Someone who would posses immense power both mental and physical would be considered godlike. Thank Gamefreak for giving us two bland designs that don't portray Mewtwo's true nature.

D

Deleted member

No i said mega mewtwo y should use psystrike and mega mewtwo x should use close combat! but then someone pointed out that mewtwo cannot learn that so you said he should use bulk up then drain punch
okay, meanwhile, some hackers (me included) will go "hunting" when smash 4 comes out and see if we can find some files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom