• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So wait did that video that was taken down have Mewtwo or was it just some guy talking?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I wish on Friday this is the pic of the day:"Super Smash bros 3ds releases in a couple weeks and I wanted to leave some characters as secrets but word is getting out,so here is a picture if the entire official roster.It has X characters.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
If I never see that stupid bird again, it will be too soon. What in the hell was Gamefreak thinking when they made Gale Wings? Oh wait, Gamefreak doesn't think
They were thinking he's a peregrine Falcon so he should basically be the fastest there is. He's good but he's not ridiculously stupid like blaziken

More on topic, I'm not incredibly confident mewtwo will be in smash... At launch. If he's not, he'd obviously be an easy hit for dlc characters

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
So since theres is no SSE sucking up time and effort from the team...then theres no excuse to leave Mewtwo out.

The fact alone that mewtwo was going to be in but scrapped at last minute... gives me enought confidence to think that Sakurai will do his best to include him now.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Rumour is false. They could of easily exported Mewtwo from Melee and revamped him. They did it with most of the veterans.
Exactly.

What kind of technical problems he could generate?. Heck, he had even physics similar to the brawl engine in Melee.

The only way i can believe this.. is if like mewtwo had an annoying bug and other unfinished skills/coding to do, and the deadline of the character creation phase was just days afar. So it forced Sak to let him out.

Taking in consideration they were losing time doing the SSE, i can really think this was the case. more than technical difficulties..it was a matter of priority and time constraint. After all, Brawl had a lot of newcomers with particular moves like Poke trainer and Dedede. Also having Sonic and Snake. All those new shiny toys must have been way above Mew2 in the pecking order of development

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Okay. Here's a Question i want EVERYBODY to answer to you thing Dropping Mewtwo in Brawl was necessary. Are you glad Sonic got in instead of Mewtwo and Roy returning? I WANT TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Okay. Here's a Question i want EVERYBODY to answer to you thing Dropping Mewtwo in Brawl was necessary. Are you glad Sonic got in instead of Mewtwo and Roy returning? I WANT TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS?
...at the time...yes. I'll admit, I wanted Sonic more then anything else when I heard Brawl was to be.
But we're in a different time now, and I want both.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
No sse+Sonic revealed early and his vet status means most things carried over from brawl=Mewtwo.Its simple math people focus.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Sonic was cool. I thought his moveset was very underwhelming though. The character inclusions that made me happy for Brawl were Meta Knight and Ike. I was sad when I found out Mewtwo wasn't present.
then why are you here then?
Because he still wants Mewtwo in, scrublord. :4falcon:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Talking about being unhappy with the roster,,,, why is that?.

Lets forget mewtwo for a second...
We got in the roster a gazzillion characters from all the nintendo Universe, and those are the most famous in their franchises.

I dont undertsand the logic behind saying the roster is weak.

Is this truly a case of the roster being weak, or most peeps just say this because certain X characters they wanted in will not be in the game?.

We need to get this straight. Because if you ask me, the SSb4 roster is big and awesome.

I dont get it. Apart from the exlcusion of Ridley and Mew2, this roster is really monstrous.
"let's forget Mewtwo for a second"
WHAT?! this is the Mewtwo thread dude! go talk about your crazy generic character celebrations somewhere else.
the roster is weak, it's decaying into the bland summer breeze now get over yourself dude.
Smash is about the gameplay and the characters and no matter whether you are Competitve (me) or Casual, both have agreed to this. this game already took away the Melee gameplay that allot of people love, now it takes away our characters?
no.
this game is bad.

D

Deleted member

Sonic was cool. I thought his moveset was very underwhelming though. The character inclusions that made me happy for Brawl were Meta Knight and Ike. I loved Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance.

Because he still wants Mewtwo in, scrublord. :4falcon:
WHO?!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
"let's forget Mewtwo for a second"
WHAT?! this is the Mewtwo thread dude! go talk about your crazy generic character celebrations somewhere else.
the roster is weak, it's decaying into the bland summer breeze now get over yourself dude.
Smash is about the gameplay and the characters and no matter whether you are Competitve (me) or Casual, both have agreed to this. this game already took away the Melee gameplay that allot of people love, now it takes away our characters?
no.
this game is bad.

Don't act like you're entitled to say anything you just posted. They aren't "our characters."

And don't double-post.

This game is looking to be very high-quality, Mewtwo or not.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo definitely has a better chance then K.Rool or Ridley because they would need to come up with completely new movesets for both. They can just take Mewtwo's moveset from melee and buff it.

D

Deleted member

Don't act like you're entitled to say anything you just posted.

And don't double-post.

This game is looking to be very high-quality, Mewtwo or not.
let's just stop while we are ahead, because this is the Mewtwo thread. the war thread is elsewhere.
best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I think Mewtwo definitely has a better chance then K.Rool or Ridley because they would need to come up with completely new movesets for both. They can just take Mewtwo's moveset from melee and buff it.
Although I'd prefer it if the moveset was different. It probably won't be. Except for, of course, the fact that he'll have a Final Smash now.

Also. Found this image. Made me think of when Sakurai excluded Mewtwo from Brawl.

(warning: strong language)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If they were in the middle of revamping Mewtwo when he was dropped for Brawl, I doubt they'd use Melee Mewtwo for this game. Not to mention Melee Mewtwo had a very uninspired set of non-special moves.

Anyone recognize if M2's portrait comes from any other source? I've not seen it before.

No, but that ROB is from Mario Kart DS, Wario is from Mario Power Tennis, Ness is from that fake leak, Jigglypuff is from Brawl, Mr. Game & Watch is from Pac-Man's trailer, and Dixie is from Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Could you imagine what the Mega Evolutions are going to look like on the Wii U version? MMMmmmm. The transformation cutscenes already look pretty good on the DS.
I think that mewtwo should have both his megas for his final smash. It would be random witch one you get but instead of like charizard and lucarios mega where they go mega and they are stronger for a while. Mewtwos should be he mega evolves and does a really strong attack (Psystrike if mewtwo y and close combat if mewtwo x) then he proceeds to go back to his normal form!!!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think that mewtwo should have both his megas for his final smash. It would be random witch one you get but instead of like charizard and lucarios mega where they go mega and they are stronger for a while. Mewtwos should be he mega evolves and does a really strong attack (Psystrike if mewtwo y and close combat if mewtwo x) then he proceeds to go back to his normal form!!!
He doesn't learn CC lol

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Lets forget mewtwo for a second...
We got in the roster a gazzillion characters from all the nintendo Universe, and those are the most famous in their franchises.

I dont undertsand the logic behind saying the roster is weak.

Is this truly a case of the roster being weak, or most peeps just say this because certain X characters they wanted in will not be in the game?.

We need to get this straight. Because if you ask me, the SSb4 roster is big and awesome.

I dont get it. Apart from the exlcusion of Ridley and Mew2, this roster is really monstrous.
People think the roster is weak because the lineup of newcomers isn't impressive, and the reason for that is obvious. The "Nintendo history and All-Stars" theme of the roster has become diluted. Nintendo has a style all to itself that most of their IP's fall under. It's hard to define, but it's why Smash Bros works as a crossover. It's what sets the series apart aesthetically from the likes of BlazBlue or Mortal Kombat, and It's also why Solid Snake was a very odd addition. King K. Rool and Mewtwo are immediately recognizable Nintendo icons. Wii Fit Trainer? She is recognizable, but she is not very "Nintendo-y" in that way we know Smash Bros to be. Bowser Jr? Anybody could look at him and know he's a Mario character, but frankly he's rather tertiary. Then there is Dark Pit and Doctor Mario, who for all intents and purposes are just another character in different clothing, and they seem more like filler than "extras that took no time."

We needed more Little Macs and Mega Mans, not more Lucinas and Greninjas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom