• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Dr mario was slower and more powerful and had altered specials same as toon link.
....I'm really tired of arguing about this.
Dr. Mario had the same animations besides the pills. It does not matter how hard or weak the attacks hit. Toon Link has different animations AS WELL as different properties in his attacks.
I gave you a valid reason. I'm done talking about this.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
....I'm really tired of arguing about this.
Dr. Mario had the same animations besides the pills. It does not matter how hard or weak the attacks hit. Toon Link has different animations AS WELL as different properties in his attacks.
I gave you a valid reason. I'm done talking about this.
Okay than i did'nt want to pin this nail but what proof is there of DR mario and dark pit being full clones present them and I will yield.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Major DLC has just been confirmed for Mario Kart 8 that adds The Legend of Zelda's Link and Animal Crossing's Villager to the roster. I'd imagine that it's very likely that Super Smash Bros. will follow this trend given that it's such an anticipated game that has potential to make Nintendo significant profit post-release.

If that's the case and Mewtwo is left out of the initial roster, then I'd imagine it'll finally "strike back" as paid content. Ladies and gentlemen, provided Mewtwo can avoid boss or Masterball status in this scenario, we have our safety net.

Source: Game Rant

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
what is sakurai's email?
I personally don't know. I was expressing that I would if I knew it.

So many clone terms it's like describing pokemon classes frankly.
Clone
Semi-clone
Pseudo-clone
quasi-clone

Bottom line is, they're all clones. I will always enjoy bashing Ganondorf secretly for being Falcondorf to Falcon. Toon Link is still a clone of Link. Falco & Wolf's game-play was still clone to Fox, despite Wolf being quasi-clone.

Al of these characters, were clones.
:jigglypuff64::luigi64::drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee:(clonejoke):pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::ganondorf::lucas::luigi2::toonlink::wolf:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Major DLC has just been confirmed for Mario Kart 8 that adds The Legend of Zelda's Link and Animal Crossing's Villager to the roster. I'd imagine that it's very likely that Super Smash Bros. will follow this trend given that it's such an anticipated game that has potential to make Nintendo significant profit post-release.

If that's the case and Mewtwo is left out of the initial roster, then I'd imagine it'll finally "strike back" as paid content. Ladies and gentlemen, provided Mewtwo can avoid boss or Masterball status in this scenario, we have our safety net.

Source: Game Rant
....MK8 and Smash Bros. are two entirely different games. Don't forget...Sakurai calls the shots when it comes to his game. He may not want to have any DLC.
I won't deny that I'm extremely happy that Nintendo has decided to go forward with MK8 dlc to this extent. I will most likely purchase both packs. <3

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Thanks, @ Gnarleysquid Gnarleysquid . I had said on page 201 that people ought to disregard all text leaks. Even so, people on this same page are still posting stuff from Neogaf of all places.

DISREGARD ALL TEXT-ONLY LEAKS

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood Aninymouse. You may now return to your regularly scheduled speculation :)

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
....MK8 and Smash Bros. are two entirely different games. Don't forget...Sakurai calls the shots when it comes to his game. He may not want to have any DLC.
I won't deny that I'm extremely happy that Nintendo has decided to go forward with MK8 dlc to this extent. I will most likely purchase both packs. <3
I'm not going to debate that they are different games because, well, they are different games. At the end of the day additional DLC is Nintendo's call though. If Smash manages to sell at a rate similar to Mario Kart 8 then the company will offer additional content packs, and that's just because it's good business. Releasing content packs for existing games brings in cash when the Big N is between major releases, plus it's easier to produce and keeps Wii U owners happy.

Take into account the forthcoming Amiibo initiative and Nintendo could continue to design and sell more characters as a result. The same can easily be said for Mario Kart 8.

I agree though, the content packs are very appealing. I'll definitely be investing in both. Now, where's that Epona-themed kart?

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't know. I was expressing that I would if I knew it.

So many clone terms it's like describing pokemon classes frankly.
Clone
Semi-clone
Pseudo-clone
quasi-clone

Bottom line is, they're all clones. I will always enjoy bashing Ganondorf secretly for being Falcondorf to Falcon. Toon Link is still a clone of Link. Falco & Wolf's game-play was still clone to Fox, despite Wolf being quasi-clone.

Al of these characters, were clones.
:jigglypuff64::luigi64::drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee:(clonejoke):pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::falco::ganondorf::lucas::luigi2::toonlink::wolf:
i dont consider wolf a clone he is very diffrent from fox and was my main in brawl but falco is a complete clone and sucks :p

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Thanks, @ Gnarleysquid Gnarleysquid . I had said on page 201 that people ought to disregard all text leaks. Even so, people on this same page are still posting stuff from Neogaf of all places.

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

ONLY ACCEPT VISUAL PROOF

This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood Aninymouse. You may now return to your regularly scheduled speculation :)

Well Gematsu was a text only leak and everyone was buying it.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yeah, and Gematsu has predicted everything correctly except Chrom, who we know was at least considered at one point, only leaving Chorus Men up in the air. If they get confirmed I honestly think Gematsu was right tbh.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ugh... I just accidently deleted my entire post. Not cool.

Valid statement, but is this your madness mantra?
No. On the contrary. In the face of prime leak time madness, this is a call to sanity. The game is likely nearly done and nearing print/gold status. Legit leaks will begin to take place in greater frequency as more time goes by. We can afford to be choosy and disregard the unsubstantiated text-only leaks of the past, especially since we know so much about the game already. More fake leaks will crop up now, close to the finish, than ever before. Trolls and clickbait-mongers want to capitalize on the feeding frenzy. Guard yourself.

Gematsu was mostly correct, however, it came months before release! That's a lot different than today, when we are mere weeks away from people owning physical copies. Back then we took whatever we could get, since visual leaks at that stage of a mainline AAA Nintendo title are all but unheard of. But, the closer to release we get, the more proof we should expect!

And just as a general aside: 4chan is known to be full of liars and con men. Don't believe anythong from 4chan that doesn't have substantial visual proof, like the recent legit leaks. Neogaf, too, should be scrutinized quite heavily, as they have a terrible track record regarding Nintendo (much of the staff there is anti-Nintendo) and they are not known for being reliable for Nintendo leaks. I would sooner trust a random guy on GameFAQs than a Neogaf poster. Regardless...

Please disregard all baseless "leaks." Demand proof. Now that we've seen actual game content we must hold to that same standard.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Wow, do I have to step in every time to tell you guys that leaks are in the end just some guy posting things on the internet without any real proof that they are legit besides things that are possible to fake In regards to things. I myself am a little skeptical this video, the only leak ever to make me think twice on the conformation or disconfirmation, but in the end itsjust a leak.

You know what? I'm setting up a new rule that we should follow in case of leaks. If the leak has room for reasonable doubt towards its legitimacy then we should call it as fake until proven otherwise.

This way we don't take leaks in the form of "omg, thing right CONFIRMED" and more to "This leak seams fishy enough to be put aside of my trust" Because honestly all this leak believing is bull****.

Does this seem fair?

PS. I'm posting less due to job related things

Mewter

Smash Master
Wow, do I have to step in every time to tell you guys that leaks are in the end just some guy posting things on the internet without any real proof that they are legit besides things that are possible to fake In regards to things. I myself am a little skeptical this video, the only leak ever to make me think twice on the conformation or disconfirmation, but in the end itsjust a leak.

You know what? I'm setting up a new rule that we should follow in case of leaks. If the leak has room for reasonable doubt towards its legitimacy then we should call it as fake until proven otherwise.

This way we don't take leaks in the form of "omg, thing right CONFIRMED" and more to "This leak seams fishy enough to be put aside of my trust" Because honestly all this leak believing is bull****
It's completely reasonable to say that the current leak is likely 99.999% true. Far too many pictures and strong video evidence to suggest otherwise. There's an entire album separate from the ones seen on the Home Page (more than 20 pictures) of random but entirely new details, some of which (one that I'm aware of) match the pic of the day from today.
Also, leaks shouldn't be held as fake until proven otherwise. They shouldn't be held as anything actually until there's reason for it. The most we can say is "this can be easily faked" if it seems consistent with other things but doesn't seem to require a lot of effort.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's completely reasonable to say that the current leak is likely 99.999% true. Far too many pictures and strong video evidence to suggest otherwise. There's an entire album separate from the ones seen on the Home Page (more than 20 pictures) of random but entirely new details, some of which (one that I'm aware of) match the pic of the day from today.
Also, leaks shouldn't be held as fake until proven otherwise. They shouldn't be held as anything actually until there's reason for it. The most we can say is "this can be easily faked" if it seems consistent with other things but doesn't seem to require a lot of effort.
Exactly. We need to be keen and discerning regarding any leaked material. For instance, I would even accept a text-only leak if it was substantiated by a very credible person, like, say, @Serebii . But when a no-name nobody comes out of nowhere and starts saying "my dad is Nintendo and Porky, Mach Rider and the Moon from Majora's Mask as in and so-and-so is cut, believe me," you need to take a step back and realize that a lot of people just enjoy lying on the internet. Especially when they are anonymous or a no-name nobody.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am very concerned for Mewtwo, i really want him back in smash bros...
But just to be honest, the chances seem slim. However out of everyone that has been revealed and wanted. I want Mewtwo the most, then probably Ridley. (hence that i took 4 days to make that Mewtwo icon of mine that you guys view so casually)
the reason i want Mewtwo back into the fray is that when i first started pokemon back in the red/green days the first think i did was get bored, i mean yeah, Bellsprout and the other grass pokemon were adorable and i even trained him to a Victreebel (prior to hacking) and it was okay, but something was missing. When i heard about the Legendary pokemon i transported my pokemon to my other game, deleted my save, and went old man glitch, and since i had a certain name, when i did it, i got a Mewtwo.

i literally dropped my game and stared for hours before masterballing him. and from there on, the only Pokemon with depth became my favorite, and i loved him in every game he appeared in and no Mewtwo = no buy.

when Melee got around and i heard about the competitive scene developing, i quickly started to practice with good players and get thrashed, then, after finally getting good after my 1,745 loss divided amoungst about 100 players, i had every character, and when i saw Mewtwo there....

when brawl came along i was expecting Mewtwo to return, but all i got was an effectmewtwo.pac with the word "dull" within it.
luckily, my friend helped me transfer his game files to my Wii so Nintendo got 50$ less money then they would have i gotten Mewtwo.

now we are here. and i desperately wait for the return of Mewtwo. This is only half the story, but i will cut it short here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for Ridley.

I honestly think that due to Ridley's build more so than size, but also a little bit of both, he wouldn't fit in, however, if you can scare Samus, a warrior who has both the bravery and the looks to back that Power Suit of her's up, you deserve my respect.

Also, i hate Ridley for killing Samus family, we all do.. so, i think he should be put in smash bros so we can get him back.
knocking down that red bar in brawl and an invisible HP count in Metroid isn't doing it for me.

The same goes for those who hate Mewtwo, if you hate him, ask for him to return and go Lucario and beat him up.

Also, Ridley is so highly requested, Mewtwo being to most wanted, but Ridley being right there, sometimes even outvoting Mewtwo in more Metroid focused forums, others with Mewtwo being most wanted, why not?

It's not too late for either as well, because since Greninja's reveal didn't debunk Mewtwo, and Ridley's body wasn't shown outside out shadows.

So, we see Greninja's reveal and Mewtwo is shown walking away, then Master Hand pops up literally out of nowhere and does that "you" point at Mewtwo, then Mewtwo makes a small smile, (this is maletwo by the way) then it says "Mewtwo Strikes Back" then Mewtwo pops a smash ball, goes MMX, and destroys everything on the smasher's battlefield (this would explain how they jump from the battlefield to the greninja footage.) then it shows gameplay of normal Mewtwo beating people up and BAM! 1,299,452,878 more dollars.

Then for Pyrosphere, the shadow is revealed to be Meta-Ridley, then random footage is shown, then on the last scene it shows 2 characters battling Samus, then, once they get beat, the forth player is revealed, then Samus looks up at them then the smash sign pops up.

That is how Nintendo can redeem themselves

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
^ you sir are in the wrong thread to post Ridley stuff

But it has Mewtwo so it's excusable

That and you're losing hope already, das bad yo

D

Deleted member

^ you sir are in the wrong thread to post Ridley stuff

But it has Mewtwo so it's excusable

That and you're losing hope already, das bad yo
that's not the point of the post, i am implying that Ridley is wanted and asked for on this thread by others than just me, and i could care less for him, but those are too very important characters and why not cover everything, also, did you completely ignore the Mewtwo parts of that?, interesting...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I am very concerned for Mewtwo, i really want him back in smash bros...
But just to be honest, the chances seem slim. However out of everyone that has been revealed and wanted. I want Mewtwo the most, then probably Ridley. (hence that i took 4 days to make that Mewtwo icon of mine that you guys view so casually)
the reason i want Mewtwo back into the fray is that when i first started pokemon back in the red/green days the first think i did was get bored, i mean yeah, Bellsprout and the other grass pokemon were adorable and i even trained him to a Victreebel (prior to hacking) and it was okay, but something was missing. When i heard about the Legendary pokemon i transported my pokemon to my other game, deleted my save, and went old man glitch, and since i had a certain name, when i did it, i got a Mewtwo.

i literally dropped my game and stared for hours before masterballing him. and from there on, the only Pokemon with depth became my favorite, and i loved him in every game he appeared in and no Mewtwo = no buy.

when Melee got around and i heard about the competitive scene developing, i quickly started to practice with good players and get thrashed, then, after finally getting good after my 1,745 loss divided amoungst about 100 players, i had every character, and when i saw Mewtwo there....

when brawl came along i was expecting Mewtwo to return, but all i got was an effectmewtwo.pac with the word "dull" within it.
luckily, my friend helped me transfer his game files to my Wii so Nintendo got 50$ less money then they would have i gotten Mewtwo.

now we are here. and i desperately wait for the return of Mewtwo. This is only half the story, but i will cut it short here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for Ridley.

I honestly think that due to Ridley's build more so than size, but also a little bit of both, he wouldn't fit in, however, if you can scare Samus, a warrior who has both the bravery and the looks to back that Power Suit of her's up, you deserve my respect.

Also, i hate Ridley for killing Samus family, we all do.. so, i think he should be put in smash bros so we can get him back.
knocking down that red bar in brawl and an invisible HP count in Metroid isn't doing it for me.

The same goes for those who hate Mewtwo, if you hate him, ask for him to return and go Lucario and beat him up.

Also, Ridley is so highly requested, Mewtwo being to most wanted, but Ridley being right there, sometimes even outvoting Mewtwo in more Metroid focused forums, others with Mewtwo being most wanted, why not?

It's not too late for either as well, because since Greninja's reveal didn't debunk Mewtwo, and Ridley's body wasn't shown outside out shadows.

So, we see Greninja's reveal and Mewtwo is shown walking away, then Master Hand pops up literally out of nowhere and does that "you" point at Mewtwo, then Mewtwo makes a small smile, (this is maletwo by the way) then it says "Mewtwo Strikes Back" then Mewtwo pops a smash ball, goes MMX, and destroys everything on the smasher's battlefield (this would explain how they jump from the battlefield to the greninja footage.) then it shows gameplay of normal Mewtwo beating people up and BAM! 1,299,452,878 more dollars.

Then for Pyrosphere, the shadow is revealed to be Meta-Ridley, then random footage is shown, then on the last scene it shows 2 characters battling Samus, then, once they get beat, the forth player is revealed, then Samus looks up at them then the smash sign pops up.

That is how Nintendo can redeem themselves
The shadow of Ridley had the Other M tail. Whether Clone Ridley is playable or a boss, you decide, but that was the incarnation that was shown.

I don't have any special memories tied to Mewtwo, really. No, other than the fact that I really liked him, the only thing was going to see the first Pokemon movie twice in theatres.

I actually liked Mewtwo more when I finally found out the origin of Mewtwo existed, which was cut from the American release of the movie. It was such a touching story, and it made me sympathize with Mewtwo a lot more.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The shadow of Ridley had the Other M tail. Whether Clone Ridley is playable or a boss, you decide, but that was the incarnation that was shown.

I don't have any special memories tied to Mewtwo, really. No, other than the fact that I really liked him, the only thing was going to see the first Pokemon movie twice in theatres.

I actually liked Mewtwo more when I finally found out the origin of Mewtwo existed, which was cut from the American release of the movie. It was such a touching story, and it made me sympathize with Mewtwo a lot more.

"Amber...."

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Never had a connection to Mewtwo. Watched the movie as a kid, but that was about it. The main reasons I want Mewtwo are because he deserves to be in, he's one of my favorite legendary Pokemon, and I want to use a Pokemon character, since I love the series, but dislike all the other candidates.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo's the only reasonable character I want confirmed at this point since Ness is basically in and I really doubt Pichu will make it.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
The 3 characters in your signature best be in the game real talk...
Haha. I didn't know who the third was for a second. Anyways. I don't know. Wolf's chances aren't looking too good. I personally preferred him over Fox. As your signature says, hopefully DLC gives him a chance.

But yeah, Mewtwo and Ridley are the most wanted characters for this game, by far. Hopefully they're the unlockables that we haven't seen.

All I know is, the next newcomer trailer is going to be amazing in every way possible.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Haha. I didn't know who the third was for a second. Anyways. I don't know. Wolf's chances aren't looking too good. I personally preferred him over Fox. As your signature says, hopefully DLC gives him a chance.

But yeah, Mewtwo and Ridley are the most wanted characters for this game, by far. Hopefully they're the unlockables that we haven't seen.
Wolf was thelast one to unlock in Brawl so hopefully he is in there along with those 2.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Pichu is dumb. Not every gen needs a rep, not many pokemon are really worthy of being in smash as a pc.
With Pokemon, it's as simple as finding out what the most popular ones are. Right now it seems to be Pikachu(obviously), Charizard, Zoroark, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I know i'm rather late, but I do think Mewtwo will be one of the remaining characters, if there are remaining characters left that we did not see in the leak. It's obvious the Smash 4 team has acknowledged Melee because the Doc is back and the Shulk video looks like a much better smash engine than the one at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom