• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Let me reiterate - NONE of the leakers had physical copies of the game. What we've been seeing are actually screenshots from a video/videos sent from Nintendo to the ESRB. They rate based on the content handed to them (hence all the female trophies, "gross" characters, and religious-related content like Devil Car).

One side says that Sakurai is obligated to send them all possible content for them to rate. Another side says Sakurai only needs to hand in the content that could be considered "questionable material". This would explain the locked All-Star mode, and why we don't have pictures of, say, every single trophy. They don't need to see everything - only enough to get a handle on what the game is about, and making determining a rating easier.

I hate to admit, but I'm part of the pessimistic group that think s what we've seen is what we're going to get. I've been saying there's a chance Sakurai could pull a cruel move and make really hype characters DLC content to pad the waiting time between the 3DS and Wii U release (3DS Smash DLC being immediately available, on-disc content for Smash Wii U). But I suppose it'd be better than Mewtwo not being in at all.

I'll wait until hackers get ahold of the game themselves, and see if they can find any hidden data, like how they found the Forbidden Seven from SSBB. Only about two more weeks until then...
If the hyped characters are DLC, that's still ok for me. That means we can still play them. I know everyone's annoyed by the concept of having to pay more to play as characters who 'should have been in the game already,' but Sakurai can't plaease everyone. That's what the game industry does now. Sakurai wanted to put in his KI franchise, so him excluding hyped characters is a conscious choice. If we can get it by paying more, it's ours.

I definitely would pay for DLC Mewtwo, Ridley, K.Rool, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, etc. But not every character that people want needs to be bought. I'd probably not end up getting JRPG characters since I don't know them.

One thing I would want is the ability for DLC characters to also be included in game modes so we could meet them in Classic or AllStar modes. But I'm getting ahead of myself - DLC isn't even confirmed. Heck, the final roster isn't even confirmed.

Polo

Smash Cadet
Oh, by the way, sorry to go a bit off-topic, but on the subject of Pokken Tournament, there is actually still a good chance that it will be released on Wii U after it is released on arcade. It's being developed by Bandai Namco, and they have a tendency to release Tekken games on arcade first, and then port them to consoles later on.
Also, apparently, the phrasing used during the live stream was that it is coming to arcade "first", which suggests that it could come to Wii U later (I don't know how accurate/reliable the person who translated that was, so take it with a grain of salt).

If it does come to Wii U, then I am looking forward to it, and I hope Mewtwo is playable (or Mega Mewtwo X if it's Fighting-Type exclusive, as woopyfrood suggested).

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Oh, by the way, sorry to go a bit off-topic, but on the subject of Pokken Tournament, there is actually still a good chance that it will be released on Wii U after it is released on arcade. It's being developed by Bandai Namco, and they have a tendency to release Tekken games on arcade first, and then port them to consoles later on.
Also, apparently, the phrasing used during the live stream was that it is coming to arcade "first", which suggests that it could come to Wii U later (I don't know how accurate/reliable the person who translated that was, so take it with a grain of salt).

If it does come to Wii U, then I am looking forward to it, and I hope Mewtwo is playable (or Mega Mewtwo X if it's Fighting-Type exclusive, as woopyfrood suggested).
And by good chance you mean guaranteed since it will sell like hotcakes...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
http://smashboards.com/threads/pokken-fighters-its-an-actual-thing-now.340170/#post-17397205

Since there was nothing on Mewtwo (even though $5 says Mega X is the Final Boss), for now take the announcement discussion here.
We could always make a thread in Nintenzone or Lighthouse for Pokken Fighters, I suppose. There isn't much to talk about atm, though, besides the fact that it looks great! I was very pleased they went with Machamp. Very underrated Pokemon.

If it has a halfway decent roster and plays like Tekken, I'm sold. Port that sucker!

Normal-types are my favorite type, so I would want Meloetta Pirouette or Mega Lopunny in the roster. Mewtwo X would be nuts. Straight up super saiyan stuff.

Steelia

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/threads/pokken-fighters-its-an-actual-thing-now.340170/#post-17397205

Since there was nothing on Mewtwo (even though $5 says Mega X is the Final Boss), for now take the announcement discussion here.
Or Arceus.
With the Fighting-type plate.
Buzz off, Arceus. :mad088:

Am I the only one who hates the leaker?
I really wanted to be surprised by the roster.
Not really. If anything, you should hate the internet for spreading the news around so much :p In this day and age, it's just about impossible for anything to remain secret. Had to stay off the internet for a week or two before Pacific Rim and Godzilla came out just to avoid all the spoilers. But speaking personally, all I really want to know is if Mewtwo (and others) made the cut... Don't need to know how to unlock him, just if he's there to play. I'm guessing defeating Classic on the highest Intensity or something.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Or Arceus.
With the Fighting-type plate.
Buzz off, Arceus. :mad088:

Not really. If anything, you should hate the internet for spreading the news around so much :p In this day and age, it's just about impossible for anything to remain secret. Had to stay off the internet for a week or two before Pacific Rim and Godzilla came out just to avoid all the spoilers. But speaking personally, all I really want to know is if Mewtwo (and others) made the cut... Don't need to know how to unlock him, just if he's there to play. I'm guessing defeating Classic on the highest Intensity or something.
It's insanely likely that Ridley and Mewtwo are the most secretive characters, and thus...are the hardest to unlock.
I honestly think that's why we don't see them in the leaked images. Plus, we've got a lock on All Star Mode. It makes perfect sense.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
http://smashboards.com/threads/ice-climbers.324176/page-19#post-17398424

Acoording to the leaker cited in this post...it seems mewtwo is not returning?.

He denies ridley, dixie and Krool. Says IC will return but one IC at a time. And says that all veterans are returning.... but it hik he refers to the Brawl´s veterans right?

I think this roster is more credible then the ones including ridley... because of this im fearing the worst.

Mew2 is too awesome to be left out...specially because he has stayed releveant thru the years, even appearing in movies with megacharizard

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

He denies ridley, dixie and Krool. Says IC will return but one IC at a time. And says that all veterans are returning.... but it hik he refers to the Brawl´s veterans right?

I think this roster is more credible then the ones including ridley... because of this im fearing the worst.

Mew2 is too awesome to be left out...specially because he has stayed releveant thru the years, even appearing in movies with megacharizard
EVERY VETERAN EXCEPT SNAKE, IVYSAUR, AND SQUIRTLE!
Mewtwo is a veteran!!!!! Did you not notice he said he was listing newcomers?!

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
:facepalm:
Yep. It's official. My posts are invisible to everyone but me.
They aren't invisible, people are just too lazy to read them. I will agree that Mewtwo and Ridley will be the Hardest to unlock for the sole purpose of surprising the players. Well, it would be a surprise if our peers had any sense of restraint...

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
All of my wish characters has been burst like a bubble except Wendy Koopa. I can play as her as Bowser Jr. alternatives Costume. ._.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Where is this new leak from? Honestly, I think it's really poor form for Sakurai to not include the most requested characters in the game, and the thing that sets it off is the Ridley trolling. Trolling him for over a year only to reveal nothing is poor form, and that may actually affect sales. EVERY other stage hazard was mentioned by name or shown soon afterwards, if not the same day as the stage reveal. Why not this one? For trolling? Is a spot of fun by making fans agonize really going to help sales?

Mewtwo is extremely highly requested, and the massive fan uproar after Brawl was revealed was enough to see that. Ridley is very highly requested, and has been hinted at for over a year with no explicit mention. If this new leak is true, I'd really want to go up to Sakurai and ask why. Why do you want to dissuade people from buying your product?

I still think Mewtwo has a good chance, but there's not much time left to hope. And if it doesn't work out, this is really a sorry excuse for 'the best character game' if the most requested characters are cut.

EVERY VETERAN EXCEPT SNAKE, IVYSAUR, AND SQUIRTLE!
The question is asking about veterans being 'been in Brawl' or 'been in Smash before.' Most of the time, we'd only talk about the previous game - Mewtwo is in that weird space. Besides, that would therefore also include Pichu (who Sakurai hated), Young Link (don't we have enough Link clones already?), and Roy (How many FE series reps are we getting?)

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
are you here just to troll? I can report you for that, you know.
No I am not here to troll and I did not mean to come off that way. I think he has a high chance to be a character for Smash 4 but after having a discussion with my friend about the situation. It feels like Mega Mewtwo might be a boss in one of the Pokemon stages due to Charizard X and Mega Lucario already being characters.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
There is no leak, people. Nothing that comes down from anyone other than Sakurai himself should be considered.

Mewtwo is in. I can SMELL IT. :evil:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Where is this new leak from? Honestly, I think it's really poor form for Sakurai to not include the most requested characters in the game, and the thing that sets it off is the Ridley trolling. Trolling him for over a year only to reveal nothing is poor form, and that may actually affect sales. EVERY other stage hazard was mentioned by name or shown soon afterwards, if not the same day as the stage reveal. Why not this one? For trolling? Is a spot of fun by making fans agonize really going to help sales?

Mewtwo is extremely highly requested, and the massive fan uproar after Brawl was revealed was enough to see that. Ridley is very highly requested, and has been hinted at for over a year with no explicit mention. If this new leak is true, I'd really want to go up to Sakurai and ask why. Why do you want to dissuade people from buying your product?

I still think Mewtwo has a good chance, but there's not much time left to hope. And if it doesn't work out, this is really a sorry excuse for 'the best character game' if the most requested characters are cut.

The question is asking about veterans being 'been in Brawl' or 'been in Smash before.' Most of the time, we'd only talk about the previous game - Mewtwo is in that weird space. Besides, that would therefore also include Pichu (who Sakurai hated), Young Link (don't we have enough Link clones already?), and Roy (How many FE series reps are we getting?)
Point is; he didn't mention Mewtwo at all. Therefore, even if that leak was true...it does NOT disconfirm him.
Anyways, the Ninkata leak is obviously in the 'truth' lane due to it predicting the Koopa Kart and Kooplings...it also predicted Dark Pit AND Dr. Mario.
There's no need for any Mewtwo fan to worry.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Agreed. I'm calling this leak into question, because it seems to go against every other 'credible' leak so far, like the 4chan post that was made before the Ninka leak was brought to light.

I'm still hopeful for Mewtwo, but there's this feeling inside of me that he still might not get in.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Think about it for one second: Single Ice Climber.

That should be the answer for why this leak is 100% fake.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Point is; he didn't mention Mewtwo at all. Therefore, even if that leak was true...it does NOT disconfirm him.
Anyways, the Ninkata leak is obviously in the 'truth' lane due to it predicting the Koopa Kart and Kooplings...it also predicted Dark Pit AND Dr. Mario.
There's no need for any Mewtwo fan to worry.
I really wish i could be as optimistic as you

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
There is no leak, people. Nothing that comes down from anyone other than Sakurai himself should be considered.

Mewtwo is in. I can SMELL IT. :evil:
Care to explain why Nintendo took that one "leak" down and ignored all the rest?

Also, I seem to have lost all faith in Mewtwo being in.Hopefully Sakurai won't be much of a troll and put him as a boss/pokeball. I would seriously consider punching him in the throat for that.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Correction: Are me and Speed the only people who think Mewtwo still had a good chance of being in the game?
No. I'm in the same boat as you two about Mewtwo. I came to the conclusion that since none of the leakers have unlocked the full roster, nor do they have a consistent idea about anyone left to unlock, nor how many are left to unlock, that none of the cuts are set in stone yet.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Think about it for one second: Single Ice Climber.

That should be the answer for why this leak is 100% fake.
I know, but also take in consideration that Sakurai is standarizing the mechanics this time:
-Divided Samus and Zero suit to avoid switching and complications infight
-Did the same with Selda and Sheik
-Scrapped the poketrainer concept and just kept charizard.

See the trend?. The only survivors left with weird mechanics are the climbers, and even when they always have been funny, and even they were competitive in Brawl..its really a handicap when you lose nana midbattle. Yes is also a pro for comboing, but not everyone who used the climbers is skilled enougt to pull those nasty combos, while every noob and pro alike suffer from losing nana.

So is roy and Pichu... and they are pretty much dead since long time ago.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I know, but also take in consideration that Sakurai is standarizing the mechanics this time:
-Divided Samus and Zero suit to avoid switching and complications infight
-Did the same with Selda and Sheik
-Scrapped the poketrainer concept and just kept charizard.

See the trend?. The only survivors left with weird mechanics are the climbers, and even when they always have been funny, and even they were competitive in Brawl..its really a handicap when you lose nana midbattle. Yes is also a pro for comboing, but not everyone who used the climbers is skilled enougt to pull those nasty combos, while every noob and pro alike suffer from losing nana.

So is roy and Pichu... and they are pretty much dead since long time ago.

But who the heck would ever play the "Ice Climber"? Unless they were HUGELY revamped, they would bar none be th worst character in the game, no question. Seeing how Falcondorf was left unchanged, I don't thing he would for the solitary Ice Climber either.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Ice Climbers back but only one IC playable at a time? I have to call baloney on that. The playstyle wouldn't be the same as before at all if that were the case, but Sakurai's surprised us like that before, so who knows. But if he can change the IC's like that, why can't he give Ganondorf such treatment?

:facepalm:
Yep. It's official. My posts are invisible to everyone but me.
Or just a lot of people don't read anything here except what they post now.

Correction: Are me and Speed the only people who think Mewtwo still had a good chance of being in the game?
.. No? But can't really blame these other people who had their hopes up only to go right back down after some of these recent developments.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If the Ice Climbers were reduced to just one character...I really hate to say this, but I would rather have them cut than be put into such a pathetic state. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the development team taking such a lazy approach to what many consider one of the more beloved veterans, and if that ever happened I wouldn't think highly of them anymore.

Also, the "Ridley hazard" thing is something I find to be questionable, because the "leaker" is making a lot of assumptions as to why Sakurai hasn't bothered to reveal him for over a year if he isn't playable. Every other stage hazard was shown and described as such with no teasing and vague words, why is he the exception?

But on-topic: Whatever drivel this..."leaker" is spousing, it doesn't sound like he believes Mewtwo is in TBH. There are many people in the community who believe that Mewtwo has no chance of appearing in SSB4 because of various reasons (i.e. Lucario, Greninja), which is really sad because some of those things (like Greninja's trailer) were actually teasing his presence, at least to some extent. Why else was Greninja's silhouette framed to look like Mewtwo's?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
But if he can change the IC's like that, why can't he give Ganondorf such treatment?
I find no answer to this. The Ganon fans in teh ganon treat are also in awe, as he revamped bowser heavily and also did monster characters like the Miis, which are like 24 chars in one slot. Yet falcondorf keeps getting falcondorfed.

Some say that is because Sakurai "mains" him and love the way he is, brutal and so on... but i despise that excuse because we all know he is not a WWE wrestler but a powerful wizard. Sakurai contradicts himself in a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom