• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This may just be me being hopeful though...

Look at the sillhouetted portraits in the background of With Anyone, to the right of Lucario. Do we know of any character those spikes and loop might belong to?
If Mewtwo's some super-secret unlockable, I'm pretty confident they wouldn't give him away on any of the 3DS icons... not even his silhouette :p Who knows what those silhouettes are comprised of, or how many chars are meshed together. It's wishful thinking at best.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Really curious to see what the Pic of the day is. I doubt it will be Mewtwo but maybe Sakurai will address the leak?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if the picture that has a lock on All-Star was posted by the same person who posted the character select screen?

Edit: YES 200! I CAN'T BELIEVE MEWTWO HAS GOTTEN THIS MUCH SUPPORT!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Really curious to see what the Pic of the day is. I doubt it will be Mewtwo but maybe Sakurai will address the leak?
Seriously doubt it. I honestly think he'll try his best to avoid it and put off showing any characters or stages.
If he WAS going to show something, he most certainly won't now.

Does anyone know if the picture that has a lock on All-Star was posted by the same person who posted the character select screen?
It was the same person.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Edit: YES 200! I CAN'T BELIEVE MEWTWO HAS GOTTEN THIS MUCH SUPPORT!
Same person, yes.

Mewtwo's support still pales in the face of Ridley's but it's quite the milestone :cheep:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
LETS GO MEWTWO HAPPY 200 PEOPLE

Mewtwo's support still pales in the face of Ridley's but it's quite the milestone :cheep:
I think thats because the Ridley thread is on the front page of the character discussion where Mewtwo's is in the veterans section which people dont check as much.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Sorry i haven't been on the thread been upset about Solid Snake So Mewtwo is in the game! Sakurai should either de-bunk or support this leak tomorrow!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I honestly think there's more Mewtwo support in the world then there is Ridley.
Just not here.
There is. People forget to account for Japan. Mewtwo isn't hugely popular over there but Ridley is almost non existent. It seems to be the Western countries that want Ridley. Here in Australia nearly everyone wants Mewtwo but Ive met a few people who didn't even know who Ridley was and the others mostly didn't care if he was in or not.

Im not denying his popularity because he is the most wanted newcomer but he isn;t as popular as people make him out to be.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Most of my friends around here only seem to care for Mewtwo and Shulk.

They're like WTH is a Ridley-oh that dragon thing? Too big.

They'd made the Ridley thread erupt a volcano of hate, lemme tell you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I honestly didn't care much for Ridley until I saw that thread....with all that support he's getting....he seriously does deserve a slot just as much as Mewtwo does.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There is. People forget to account for Japan. Mewtwo isn't hugely popular over there but Ridley is almost non existent. It seems to be the Western countries that want Ridley. Here in Australia nearly everyone wants Mewtwo but Ive met a few people who didn't even know who Ridley was and the others mostly didn't care if he was in or not.

Im not denying his popularity because he is the most wanted newcomer but he isn;t as popular as people make him out to be.

What are you talking about mewtwo is the most wanted character in the world for ssb4 right now.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ehh, I'd rather Ridley not be playable, but if he is, it depends on how he plays out. Little Mac wasn't as known in Japan as the west, but he's in.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I'd say let 'em come. Would almost like to see how far they'd get with their recycled arguments, and it would take some people's minds there off the leak discussions for the time being.

So is anyone else's soul slowly deteriorating or is it just me?
If by soul you mean faith in my most wanted characters, that's been in purgatory for awhile now. Hard to say how much or how little confidence I have in Mewtwo now though after some of the recent things that have been debunked, but at least he's more up in the air still than most of the others I've been supporting, I guess. *shrug* Just expecting much more DLC talk/movements real soon in an attempt to rekindle from the salt.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So is anyone else's soul slowly deteriorating or is it just me?
Hearing from one of the leakers who had correct info regarding Bowser Jr. and Shulk, now saying Wolf and Mewtwo specifically may not be in the game... yeah, the constant back-and-forth between hope and disappointment is exhausting.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Okay. Guys. This is what's going-on.

"Why haven't they announced Mewtwo yet? Why aren't Dark Pit and Game & Watch confirmed on the site yet? Why haven't they shown-us a Dr.Mario costume alt in a pic-of-the-day yet?" Mewtwo is a character that has been in a game before. If anything, they're trying to work-on newer characters before they pick-up and revise older ones ("old" as-in the Melee characters). I'm fairly certain Mewtwo will be in SSB4 at this point though. I mean, he was pretty much the first character "teased" for it. Sakurai said he was considering him sometime after the Villager, Wii Fit, and Mega Man trailer announcements, right? He knew how popular Mewtwo was at the beginning of game development.

Now, moving-on to Dark Pit and the lack of a Dr.Mario costume alt. While there probably isn't a Dr.Mario costume at all, if there IS, Sakurai has probably delayed showing it in a pic-of-the day for ONE reason: in case he runs-out of time. Several characters could still be under development at this time, even though we are close to the Japanese release date. If they run-out of time and are unable to finish the characters, they'll possibly be forced to make clones. This is where Dark Pit and Dr.Mario come-in. It would be much simpler to quickly throw-together a clone if they were unable to finish a character, which is why Dark Pit hasn't been confirmed as a stand-alone character and Dr.Mario hasn't been shown-off as a costume yet. This is why I believe these two characters were used in that "leak" that happened recently, because someone else used the same logic (or they were too lazy to throw-together more character pictures). If this leak is confirmed to be true, we might've lost Mewtwo forever, unless DLC is made for him. If that were his only option of being in the game, I'd take the DLC.

Game & Watch falls-under the last-second category as well. I mean...he's basically a still 2D image. Not that hard to make. He will probably still be in the game, but if any other characters can be completed, he could fall prey to the great subspace abyss...

Well...let's just hope this leak isn't true. A new character reveal soon would REALLY help deconfirm it.
Game and watch is actually a 3d model made to look 2d. It would still be hard to do though!

I don't believe the roster picture "leaks" are real, those look fabricated. BUT... I'm starting to believe that some of the characters it has (Shulk, Dr. Mario, even DHD) may actually show up on the final roster, that the person who made the roster picture heard from another source who was playable.

Either way, this bodes very well for Mewtwo in the long run, and brings back a sense of excitement I haven't felt since before Greninja's reveal. I don't dislike Greninja, but after his inclusion was when the doubt was planted into everyone with the excessive "Pokemon cannot overrep Mario" comments.
Those where stupid arguments! Its never been stated that the bigger the franchise the more reps they get. I agree with you on that! Heck fire emblem got 4 reps and that is more than Metroid and Star Fox!

@SmashBroski I'll e-mail Masahiro Samurai to show Falco as a veteran reveal PotD. . .is what I would say if I hypothetically did & it being super effective. I hope something above decent for a PotD happens tomorrow for your Early Life Anniversary.:shades:
what is sakurai's email?

Last edited by a moderator:

WarpStarSplash

Smash Rookie
In my opinion Mewtwo has as good of a chance of being in as Dr.Mario or Dixie Kong, even though he's the most wanted character in the world.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
If Doc gets in and not Mewtwo, I'll be so upset. I know I'm like 3 pages late to this, but if Bowser Jr. is in, I'll be pretty pumped, even more so if he's alongside Mewtwo. Though I really didn't like the idea of the constant clown car. Anyhoo, back to Mewtwo. My hopes are just as high as ever, and as many people have already said, I put very little stock in leaks that are shown anytime before release date. I'm still just waiting for that reveal trailer. A PotD would feel like an injustice to someone as awesome as Mewtwo.

Also, huzzah for 200 pages! :150:
Keep the support (or the [ridiculous] reasons to think he's not gonna make it) coming, everyone!

Steelia

Smash Champion
A PotD would feel like an injustice to someone as awesome as Mewtwo.
At this point, if this confirms Mewtwo's place as a fighter, I'll be ecstatic. Almost ANYTHING that can contradict the whole "the leaked roster is final roster" rumors going around.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If Doc gets in and not Mewtwo, I'll be so upset. I know I'm like 3 pages late to this, but if Bowser Jr. is in, I'll be pretty pumped, even more so if he's alongside Mewtwo. Though I really didn't like the idea of the constant clown car. Anyhoo, back to Mewtwo. My hopes are just as high as ever, and as many people have already said, I put very little stock in leaks that are shown anytime before release date. I'm still just waiting for that reveal trailer. A PotD would feel like an injustice to someone as awesome as Mewtwo.

Also, huzzah for 200 pages! :150:
Keep the support (or the [ridiculous] reasons to think he's not gonna make it) coming, everyone!
Bowser Jr. IS IN. In fact, he's one of the three characters that are 100% confirmed.
Anyways, there's no reason to think he's not going to make it...

Mewter

Smash Master
Spent a bit short of time comparing (just eyeing rather than exact measurements) the Mewtwo from Pokedex 3D Pro and the one from X and Y. They look pretty much the same in all proportions, curves, etc as far as I could tell except for XY Mewtwo being just slightly stouter-looking, different eyes, XY having a more triangular head(?), and different shoulders. So we can expect to see something close to this I guess!
Unless Sakurai decides to stick with the old Mewtwo from Melee.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Spent a bit short of time comparing (just eyeing rather than exact measurements) the Mewtwo from Pokedex 3D Pro and the one from X and Y. They look pretty much the same in all proportions, curves, etc as far as I could tell except for XY Mewtwo being just slightly stouter-looking, different eyes, XY having a more triangular head(?), and different shoulders. So we can expect to see something close to this I guess!
I really don't like that model for some reason....I think it's because of his snout.
Something is just...off.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'd say let 'em come. Would almost like to see how far they'd get with their recycled arguments, and it would take some people's minds there off the leak discussions for the time being.

If by soul you mean faith in my most wanted characters, that's been in purgatory for awhile now. Hard to say how much or how little confidence I have in Mewtwo now though after some of the recent things that have been debunked, but at least he's more up in the air still than most of the others I've been supporting, I guess. *shrug* Just expecting much more DLC talk/movements real soon in an attempt to rekindle from the salt.
A movement for dlc may have to be set in motion

WarpStarSplash

Smash Rookie
I honestly hope Mewtwo will have his X/Y form rather than same as melee or Pokedex 3D.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
All I want is for Mewtwo to be playable, whether through unlock or DLC. Please, Sakurai. You know people want to play as him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom