• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
...I may not have teeth by the time the street date hits. I don't want to believe this, I'm adamantly refusing to believe a leak this early could be the real deal... but rumors of NoA catching, firing and pressing charges against the leaker are eating away at my resolve.

This can't be true. It can't. :sadeyes:
Did you seriously just skip over ALL the things I said?
Unless you simply want to be upset, I can respect that. But there's no real reason to be. Seriously.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Wow, people are losing hope already, that's pathetic.

I'm fairly certain that the roster hasn't even been completely revealed and regardless, my stance on Mewtwo will not change until we get actual proof this time around.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait where is the big announcement? I haven't seen anything of this.
Well a gamespots point out on the leaked videos said so

Im never going to get sleep because its 6am pacfic time is when the announcement is. (7am mountain time my time) is when i wake up in the morning.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I think it's about Pokemon, supposedly it's a "shocking" announcement
Considering the events of today, the subject of the rest of the video you probably heard that announcement from, you think it'll be about Pokémon? I think we should probably be more worried about this game getting delayed, or worse, cancelled. :facepalm:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Considering the events of today, the subject of the rest of the video you probably heard that announcement from, you think it'll be about Pokémon? I think we should probably be more worried about this game getting delayed, or worse, cancelled. :facepalm:
Oh god no.

No.

NO.

I DUN WANT DAT

U DUN WANT DAT

NOBODY WANT DAT

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
There's been too much time and work...and money put in this game to cancel it now.
Leak or not, we're getting this game. There's no reason to doubt it now.
Anyways, it'll likely just be about Pokemon with the "slight" chance of Mewtwo being shown off at the end. I've actually known about this event for a week, as it was posted on Serebii.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
There's been too much time and work...and money put in this game to cancel it now.
Anyways, it'll likely just be about Pokemon with the "slight" chance of Mewtwo being shown off at the end. I've actually known about this event for a week, as it was posted on Serebii.
Let me rephrase that then: The localization might be affected.

And I really should hope it's just that Pokémon announcement, I've already preordered. :facepalm:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As another reminder, the Pokemon announcement should be discussed in the Poke Center forum for now.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Game getting cancelled? Nintendo needs this game to get released

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wonder what @Serebii has to say about all this.

I mean, he's probably just as confused as we are.

thanks dr wahwee for putting us back on topic C:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah, don't expect anything relating to Smash Bros. in the Pokemon announcement.

I'm not even going to bother watching. The last time there was this much hype for a new game, we got PokePark 2.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah, don't expect anything relating to Smash Bros. in the Pokemon announcement.

I'm not even going to bother watching. The last time there was this much hype for a new game, we got PokePark 2.
xD I think the Mewtwo fans are having a hard time getting off the subject of "Pokemon"
But seriously....Mewtwo IS a Pokemon....I think more leniency is in order here...
....right?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So I haven't been getting alerts what are these leaks saying about Mewtwo?And I guess I'll be the one to ask...Who will be your mains if Mewtwo isn't in?Me its Link Greninja Marth or Lucina(whoever's play style I like more),Little Mac.
I actually don't know. I thought I'd be a Fox/Falco/Ike/Ness player in Brawl, but as time passed, I eventually dropped all of them for Wolf, the Pit for a week or so, eventually Marth(Which is when I started learning about Brawl competitively).

For Smash 3DS, I'm going with either Marth, Rosalina, Greninja, or Mega Man. But I'm not above trying other characters.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Isn't the Pokemon announcement, like, at 3 AM or something? Who wants to watch at that hour? Japan-wise of course.

Considering that they are clearly separate announcements, I highly doubt one is related to the other. This is arguably Nintendo's biggest slip in years barring the Wii U itself, so why make 2 announcements of the same thing?

get back on topic before dr wahwee comes and blares his saucer noise to command us

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I actually don't know. I thought I'd be a Fox/Falco/Ike/Ness player in Brawl, but as time passed, I eventually dropped all of them for Wolf, the Pit for a week or so, eventually Marth(Which is when I started learning about Brawl competitively).

For Smash 3DS, I'm going with either Marth, Rosalina, Greninja, or Mega Man. But I'm not above trying other characters.
I can't use characters I'm indifferent to/don't like. Not fun for me that way, even if I like the way they play. One of the reasons I want Mewtwo so bad is so that I can finally use a character from one of my favorite franchises. The only other (possible) way I could end up doing that is if Raichu becomes a clone character.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Isn't the Pokemon announcement, like, at 3 AM or something? Who wants to watch at that hour? Japan-wise of course.

Considering that they are clearly separate announcements, I highly doubt one is related to the other. This is arguably Nintendo's biggest slip in years barring the Wii U itself, so why make 2 announcements of the same thing?

get back on topic before dr wahwee comes and blares his saucer noise to command us
Im in Australia so its at like 5 in the afternoon for me.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Im in Australia so its at like 5 9in the afternoon for me.
It's at 22:00 Japanese time. So for us I'm guessing it would be 10.30pm as Japan is 30 mins behind us. You're half hour ahead of us so for you I'm guessing it would be 11pm? Around 10 - 12am anyway from what I see. I'd just keep checking back to the websites.

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189764569?frompc

You need to make an account to see it though.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
It's at 22:00 Japanese time. So for us I'm guessing it would be 10.30pm as Japan is 30 mins behind us. You're half hour ahead of us so for you I'm guessing it would be 11pm? Around 10 - 12am anyway from what I see. I'd just keep checking back to the websites.

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189764569?frompc

You need to make an account to see it though.
Just made one then. Thanks heaps dude!

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Darn.

At least my break is 30 minutes after the "announcement", so I'll tune in to the wreckage provided SmashBoards doesn't crash under the intense hype of everyone else.
I'm sure that no matter what, you'll find it on YouTube shortly after :)

Something is scaring me a little

Theres something about a guy named chris

It mention something about wolf and mewtwo not returning/added.

But im not buying it until theres proof.
What? Where?

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
This may just be me being hopeful though...

Look at the sillhouetted portraits in the background of With Anyone, to the right of Lucario. Do we know of any character those spikes and loop might belong to?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Look at the sillhouetted portraits in the background of With Anyone. Do we know of any character those spikes and loop might belong to?
:4lucario:

Wait, I don't know.

The insane theories are MY department, but because I'm lazy, I'll leave it to everyone else today.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Look at the sillhouetted portraits in the background of With Anyone. Do we know of any character those spikes and loop might belong to?

Can ypu circle it.

Until then its either bowser or the jr version

Or him

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Look at the sillhouetted portraits in the background of With Anyone, to the right of Lucario. Do we know of any character those spikes and loop might belong to?
Hmm... I see what you're saying.

The one on the left is definitely DK from what I can see, but the one of the right is a bit too hard to tell. I can see why it would resemble Mewtwo with his ears and the loop on the back of his head, but I think it's too hard to determine anything at this point. Or even femtwo and her head handle!

I looked through the characters on the website and couldn't really see any that would match that silhouette. But then again it could be two characters overlapping each other?

Or, it could be Mewtwo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom