• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mewtwo's reawakening.... makes of think if it's a cursed form of Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It has the devil horns and all. Could easily be. It's eyes also look kinda demonic.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm really liking this form. I've known game freak to call new forms brand new Pokemon before so I think its safe to assume Mewtwo is finally getting his way past due extra form like so many legendaries that came after him.

With his spot light in the movie and this new form(most likely) I think this bodes well for his Smash return! Plus we've got a new potential costume!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't this the official poster for the movie?
He's talking about these.
Check it out guys, so far its only rumor and could be bogus but it looks like a possible new form of mewtwo is appearing in the movie. Although from what im hearing it could be an altered version of an existing poster so it should be taken with a grain of salt too.

this could definitely give him something new to work with, and possibly increase his chances in the process.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
With his spot light in the movie and this new form(most likely) I think this bodes well for his Smash return! Plus we've got a new potential costume!
The difficulty with that is his hitboxes change with the costume since his tail is in different places.
This would mean one costume is actually (if only marginally) a better fighter than the other. Not sure how much the developers would like that.

I know. I was just pointing out that Mewtwo IS featured in the posters and hasn't been completely replaced by... emmm... Newtwo?
Maybe it means this is actually MewThree while Mewtwo may be in the movie as well as a separate character?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm still convinced that Mewtwo will be able to cycle through his two forms via special move or Final Smash.

Assuming that is another form of Mewtwo.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Honestly transformation should ether be a final smash, or it replaces one of Mewtwo's B moves.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm thinking if Mewtwo returns, his new form would be a Final Smash in a similar way to Giga Bowser. However, some moves could also be completely changed while in this form like giving him Psystrike.

Phonz

Smash Cadet
I think some people are overlooking the fact that this "mew3" isn't a mewtwo form its a whole new pokemon, being called by the official website "a new pokemon with a familiar look". Now that's not to say it isn't associated with mewtwo, but because it is its own pokemon and not a form we won't see any Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS mechanics.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It replaced Mewtwo on the movie poster, the new movie is called 'Mewtwo's (re)awakening', other different forms of Pokemon have been announced as new Pokemon before... All this leads me to believe this is indeed a new form of Mewtwo, and not something else. Though we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I think Samus / Zero Suit Samus- alike mechanics would be the best if we want both playable. Though they can come up with an entirely different mechanic if they'd like. No problem.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Have you not been reading other posts? Official sites have also said the same thing about other "new Pokemon" that turned out to be just new forms for already existing ones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Before, I didn't really like the idea of EX forms for Smash characters, cause it would sort-of justify Dr.Mario being in. But now with this new Mewtwo, I see a good reason to have EX mode forms on certain characters. Mewtwo being one of them of coarse.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Before, I didn't really like the idea of EX forms for Smash characters, cause it would sort-of justify Dr.Mario being in. But now with this new Mewtwo, I see a good reason to have EX mode forms on certain characters. Mewtwo being one of them of coarse.
So, should I add you to the list of supporters in the Doc thread. ;):smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No as I think I could come up with at least 20 characters more worthy and more unique as EX mode characters I think. ;) Not saying they'd be more likely, cause they obviously are not.

Phonz

Smash Cadet
Maybe we'll get a pokemon trainer mechanic with Giovanni as the trainer and cycling between mew, mewtwo, and Mewthree....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the new Pokemon truly is Mewtwo in an alternate form, maybe it could be implemented as a basic transformation, similar to how Zelda and Sheik operated.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So sick!

As MEWTWOMASTER2000 noted, it'd be great to see Mewtwo cycle between his base & new forme via Final Smash... or make it work like Giga Bowser. Just don't replace him altogether; base Mewtwo is still totally beast. Probably jumping the gun a little bit since it hasn't been 100% confirmed, but I'll follow the little evidence we have that points to it more to being a forme.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Mewzora is included as a transformation, it wouldn't be THAT interesting... since he would end up as a Mewtwo semi-clone probably, and not a completely different character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Mewzora is included as a transformation, it wouldn't be THAT interesting... since he would end up as a Mewtwo semi-clone probably, and not a completely different character.
We haven't really seen much of Mewzora besides that trailer of him. But since Pokemon has hundred's of attack over the course of the series. I don't see why Mewzora would necessarily be too much of a clone or semi-clone of Mewtwo. Just so long as they give him some new attacks. At least his tail being at the back of his head should mean he would implement the tail attacks differently at the very least, hopefully. Or maybe not use them at all. :/

D

Deleted member

Like others have said, the original Mewtwo being the default is what I'm seeing with the transformation being a Final Smash.

There really is no point in not adding Mewtwo at this point.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I dont think the form should be relegated to a final smash myself, and would it be just for the final smash or a change that lasted until the next smash ball is gained? I know a few people who use samus and dont like being relegated to zero suit samus after the final smash or vice versa (unless they are equally good with both characters) and this could end up being the same kind of situation as zero suit samus, since your stuck with different playstyle you might not enjoy as much after the final smash. I think it would be better to for him to change on the fly, with this new form possibly being the an even quicker and more agile compliment to orignal mewtwo along with new moves. Although personally id rather see it as his default form altogether.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Transformation through Final Smash could be possible still. Regular Mewtwo to 'Eclaire' Mewtwo could be done through a Super Sonic like Final Smash, assuming it's a Speed form of coarse. After doing that move, Mewtwo stays in that form. Maybe make it similar to both Super Sonic and Yoshi Dragon in a way to? Press B and Mewtwo shoots a Shadow Ball. This would kinda me this move overpowered, but who cares? :awesome: 'Eclaire' Mewtwo would have a different Final Smash, and it could involve regular Mewtwo doing Psystrike or something.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

bobadz

Smash Ace
Remember, the tag line used in ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Reawakens is: You haven't seen the REAL Mewtwo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
From what i've read, it's just a new form, not its own thing.

Speaking of which, it's growing on me. Still something about it I don't like.

Now that I see it...their eye color is different. Maybe it IS a different Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kyurem did not have any eye pupils, unless it was in its Black Kyurem or White Kyurem forms. A similar dilemma could also apply to Mewtwo, but instead of eye pupil visibility, it's the coloring of the pupils.

Browny

Smash Hater

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I look forward to when the movie comes out now just so there will be an end to that debate already, which is... when again?

bobadz

Smash Ace
Well, ether we get info in the trailer for the movie that's going to be released this week, CoroCoro comics reveals the Info, or we get info at the movies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So guys I am certain this will be the face/mascot of the 6th gen. Chances are Sakurai knew of this a long long time ago and it just works out so well for a smash inclusion. We get 5 Pokemon reps, with Mewtwo making his return and repping gen 6 with his regular form and this one as an alternate costume. Two birds with one stone.

Now the thing about hit boxes is that you all are only thinking about how Melee was done as if it couldn't possibly changed. Animations on the traditional tail and new tail have to be altered just a bit so they act exactly the same. I'm going to make a prediction and treat it as hard fact. This will not be a final smash and the hit boxes will be exactly the same. Either that or he becomes Mewtwo's Toon Link.

D

Deleted member

So, it's real and it does have a tail coming out of his head....

Ah well, I'm getting accustomed to the form after seeing the official art and seeing it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom