• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo in Smash 4: Press Shield and cause explosions.
B moves: kill opponents
A moves: destroy opponents
Smash moves: deliberate opponents
Aerial attacks: murder opponents
Grabs: yous dead

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lolmao

I approve of that moveset :awesome:

but seriously if you're going to put a character like that in a fighting game as a playable character he should be... well, really freaking good. I know casual players who have never seen higher level melee before and still told me that they thought mewtwo was a bad character, from a strictly casual view.

if mewtwo is in smash 4 IMO he could be an amazing character with a really high learning curve. being an amazing character and being easy to learn and use would be sorta dumb lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agree with that. Mewtwo should have a harder learning curve than most characters, but damm, should he be rewarding to use. But some buffs that even casuals would notice immediately would be good to. Just hope the specials will complicate Mewtwo a bit more, but with GOOD specials.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think this warrants a little bump (and double post :D) :

Here's to the naysayers for Mewtwo. He's buffed, and look at how awesome he instantly is!

Take a look at Pichu and Bowser to. Buffed into full glory.

This is the Mewtwo I'd want to play as in Melee! Big respect to the hackers making the SD Remix for Melee. Am at least equally interessted in this as Project M now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Moarz:

Yes, it's from the Melee: SD Remix. It looks awesome as ****!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is everyone liking the TAS videos, and not the ones from Melee SD? I mean, the Mewtwo from Melee SD is kinda how I want Mewtwo to be in Smash 4 and all. :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is everyone liking the TAS videos, and not the ones from Melee SD? I mean, the Mewtwo from Melee SD is kinda how I want Mewtwo to be in Smash 4 and all. :/
No one liked either videos yet. What are you talking about?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I hate when people say that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Their only similarities were their Neutral B moves and their "floatiness".

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hate when people say that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. Their only similarities were their Neutral B moves and their "floatiness".
Not to mention they were intended to be in the game together. Mewtwo was only cut because of time constraints.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't think they'll make the same mistake twice.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Just learnt something about Mew Two from the original Pokemon film that I never knew and found very interesting:

Did you know that while the dubbed American (4Kids Entertainment) version of this film portrays Mewtwo as an inherently evil, bent on world domination psycho (and ends with the message: fighting is bad, kids), that the original Japanese script in fact depicted a far more tragic Mewtwo, one who had been betrayed and used by humans, and felt without purpose or meaning in a world where he was neither person nor pokemon. He never meant to destroy the world, he only planned to prove he too had worth, and in general, that existence has worth. In the end, he realised the nature of his birth was irrelevant, worth comes from within and life is what you make it.

Also, Mew was a **** who basically said clones are inferior, and will always lose. He essentially instigated the fight at the end of the film, in the Japanese version.

There's also a fantastic double entrendre at the end, where the trio of heroes says, 'Why are we here?' 'I don't know, but we're here, so let's stay awhile'. They're referring of course to their physical location, but accidentally stumble upon the answer to Mewtwo's dilemma - it doesn't matter why we're here, all we know is that we're here, so let's make the most of it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Check it out guys, so far its only rumor and could be bogus but it looks like a possible new form of mewtwo is appearing in the movie. Although from what im hearing it could be an altered version of an existing poster so it should be taken with a grain of salt too.

this could definitely give him something new to work with, and possibly increase his chances in the process.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Check it out guys, so far its only rumor and could be bogus but it looks like a possible new form of mewtwo is appearing in the movie. Although from what im hearing it could be an altered version of an existing poster so it should be taken with a grain of salt too.

this could definitely give him something new to work with, and possibly increase his chances in the process.
This better be fake... it looks too weird to be true.

If it's true... oh boy, just thinking on the potential flame wars makes me shudder.

D

Deleted member

I usually have not complaints about the look of the most-recent generations' Pokemons, which I find some of them awesome personally.

But this alternative form is fugly as ****.

Maybe the parts of its body which aren't shown yet have a better-looking, and if it's not a fake, I at least hope it will have a great movepool...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If that's the new Mewtwo, I'd really need some time to adjust to that look. It's not really that ugly, but it's definitely worse than the original.

D

Deleted member

I think original Mewtwo looks better. Why change its appearance?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's obviously fake. In the first picture, Cilan who is present above Ash has his head cut-off.

D

Deleted member

The first one looks like a crumpled poster (or possibly a t-shirt, who the Hell knows).
It looks more like Cilan's head, as well as the Conkeldurr to the side, are folded in within the wrinkles.

Looking at the second image though, he's apparently not as short as I thought he was.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's obviously fake. In the first picture, Cilan who is present above Ash has his head cut-off.
Yeah. His head isn't cut off. Simply folded within the paper.

I think this is real.

I think this is just an alternate form akin to Shaymin and Giratina.

If so, it could be an alternate costume for Mewtwo is SSB4.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Still ugly though. I'm having a hard time believing they'd change such an iconic pokemon like Mewtwo. It would be like changing Charizard or Pikachu.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I simply hope it's not Mewtwo at all, but a different Pokemon. Maybe an actual 'Mewthree'.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe it's the result of a failed experiment to clone Mewtwo, resulting in Mewthree. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well anyway, since the actual Mewtwo still appears in the movie, why does everybody stress about this thing?

I mean, the way things look here, Mewtwo doesn't even need a extra form. Those Genesects aint got **** on him. :smirk:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well anyway, since the actual Mewtwo still appears in the movie, why does everybody stress about this thing?

I mean, the way things look here, Mewtwo doesn't even need a extra form. Those Genesects aint got **** on him. :smirk:
Well it can always end up like one of those "Ugh the enemy is too powerful, I need more power *insert amazing supermiracle* BAM New more powerful form activated now let's kick some tail!" moments. Maybe Genesect also has another form? Like when all Genesects combine together you have an all new more powerful form?

I don't know really... :/ Just spewing some random stuff out.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Well it can always end up like one of those "Ugh the enemy is too powerful, I need more power *insert amazing supermiracle* BAM New more powerful form activated now let's kick some tail!" moments. Maybe Genesect also has another form? Like when all Genesects combine together you have an all new more powerful form?

I don't know really... :/ Just spewing some random stuff out.
There's no way genesect is stronger than the strongest pokemon alive.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's no way genesect is stronger than the strongest pokemon alive.
You mean Arceus? :troll:

They are both man-made pokemon. It's not too hard to imagine that they're on about the same level.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
You mean Arceus? :troll:

They are both man-made pokemon. It's not too hard to imagine that they're on about the same level.
The difference being that Mewtwo was cloned from an existing legendary and was enhanced. Genesect as far as we know was completely a man made design.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The difference being that Mewtwo was cloned from an existing legendary and was enhanced. Genesect as far as we know was completely a man made design.
Nope.

Genesect was created by reviving a powerful fossil pokemon and enhancing it through technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom