• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizby2

Smash Lord
If he keeps his Down B, it should be made less situational or at least buffed to a degree that there is some worth to how situational it is.
how was that move situational? there weren't any characters immune to it, were there?
i agree that it could be buffed, but im pretty sure the only situation where it wasn't effective was when the opponent HAD to face mewtwo (makes sense though). Even then, when you landed it, the opponent was left dizzy and at mewtwos mercy. i think thats rewarding enough. the only problem i could think of is the difficulty of trying to land the move in a 4 player match.

it worked in the air too, even though it may have only caused the opponent to just kinda.. fall down. but thats going to be can be improved too.

D

Deleted member

It was situational because it would only hit if the opponent was at eye-level with Mewtwo while facing him. Given the limited range of the move and its speed, by the time they are close enough to be hit with Disable, they would already be within range to attack before he uses it.

EDIT: Ok, that's wierd. Now everytime someone types his name, it automatically does the emoticon.
Let's see if that's true for others.... Entei Jigglypuff Pikachu

EDIT: Nope, only Mewtwo.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Down B... hmmm... how about same animation from Mew2, and then a small gold sphere escapes the opponent and revolves around Mew2's head. The orb represents a random B move (that is not Up B). That move is disabled. If Mew2 is hit enough, the orb returns to the victim and the move is returned. A more aggressive defensive move.

grizby2

Smash Lord
It was situational because it would only hit if the opponent was at eye-level with Mewtwo while facing him. Given the limited range of the move and its speed, by the time they are close enough to be hit with Disable, they would already be within range to attack before he uses it.

wow, its eye-level specific too!? didn't know that! seriously! but it does make sense for the move too, but they really shouldn't make moves with such a simple concept so...particular.
ya, situational, you win golden :facepalm:. but i still think its the most "feel good" move that he can perform.:rolleyes:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
how was that move situational? there weren't any characters immune to it, were there?
i agree that it could be buffed, but im pretty sure the only situation where it wasn't effective was when the opponent HAD to face mewtwo (makes sense though). Even then, when you landed it, the opponent was left dizzy and at mewtwos mercy. i think thats rewarding enough. the only problem i could think of is the difficulty of trying to land the move in a 4 player match.

it worked in the air too, even though it may have only caused the opponent to just kinda.. fall down. but thats going to be can be improved too.
why would a uberpowerful psycic pokemon like mewtwo be using a freaking baby move like Disable in the first place?

In smash melee at least, it's slow (Though there are work arounds for that) it's reach is dismal, it can be reflected, countered, and powershielded... the only move mewtwo had that was more useless was confusion. which has two uses: the Battlefield glitch, and the surprise factor. the friggen attack didn't even REFLECT projectiles, and left mewtwo totally vulnerable in the middle of the move, when the move CONNECTED. not on wiff, on hit. wth?

with mewtwo going to be featured in the next Pokemon movie, his chances of getting in have gone up (This is assuming that's the criteria for his inclusion, though it probably isn't), and assuming he gets in, here's hoping Namco makes it feel like we're playing an actual super powerful Legendary Pokemon, because Melee Mewtwo certainly does not hold that feeling or convey a powerful combatant.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blastoise vs Charizard in Smash would be BOSS! Always wanted to fight that matchup properly ever since Pokemon Stadium.

Mewtwo needs some serious buffs in his moveset, range, priority, weight, speed and attack power and he's already good. Would of coarse like new B moves, but as long as he returns I'm cool at this point. There's tons of options for moveset possibilities with this character. Always felt Confusion and Dosable where really lame ideas for a character as Mewtwo. Would prefer stronger moves, as Paychic, or even Recover as healing moves. And was dissapointed with those two moves when I knew Mewtwo used them in Melee. Loved Shadow Ball and Teleport though.

Still like Kuma's ideas for Psychic for Side B being a command grab with strong knockback and Barrier / Light Screen as a Down B. Seeing as Shadow Ball came as inspiration from Mewtwo's first movie, and Lucario's moves same way from his movie, I'm actually eager to see what sort of moves Mewtwo will use in this next film. Hopefully they'll draw inspiration from that for new special moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here, and with basically 99% of the Smash fans. I think his Side B, Psychic should be as strong as Bowser's Side B attack in Brawl, knockback wise, but it should be ranged of coarse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the move works exactly how Psychic for Mewtwo should work. Even the animation and the way you can tilt the move would be good. Sending them all upwards, then smashing them down on the ground. Would totally work. All except the suicide part of coarse. :rolleyes:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Side B could also be Psycho Cut, in which Mewtwo shoots a sickle shaped projectile, with moderate damage and knockback. It would travel in a horizontal trajectory by default, having the possibility to choose diagonal (up to 45 degrees) trajectories depending on the control stick's position after activating the move and before Mewtwo actually shoots the projectile.

Down B could be Reflect to create a mirror-like barrier that reflects projectiles. Melee attacks would break the barrier, though.

The Final Smash could obviously be Psystrike, his signature move.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the concept of Confusion was good; it was just executed horribly.
It had too much lag in order to follow it up with anything (Down Smash would be perfect to combo into, wouldn't you agree?) and reflected projectiles did not harm the sender.

If other ideas to replace it come up, good. But if say, it were not to be replaced outright, hopefully it becomes more practical to use. Same with Disable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dream eater could be the new down B. It would affect the opponent for a few seconds. Some of the Mewtwo's damage% is slowly transferred to the them.

Yes! And mewtwo have so much attack possibility. He can learn ALL THE ATTACK (I think) .
No. It's Mew who can learn all moves.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Disable (toward B): On contact, robs opponent of random B move (not Up B). The stolen special is represented as a gold orb above Mewtwo. Mewtwo being hit hard or repeatedly will shatter the orb, returning the B move to the enemy.

Barrier (Down B): An ethereal physic projected armor (shaped like Mewtwo's armor in the movie) forms around Mewtwo. Can absorb 28 percentage before shattering (can not be used until next stock). Does not take stun or knockback with the armor.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
These barriers/reflectors are really blocking our imagination. :rolleyes:

Why can't we think of something different?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Down B: Mewtwo take the control of a opponent. He can use all his victim move except the down B (because he will use it for stop the control). If you attack mewtwo when he do this move, the control will stop.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Down B: Mewtwo take the control of a opponent. He can use all his victim move except the down B (because he will use it for stop the control). If you attack mewtwo when he do this move, the control will stop.
HOLY CRAP!!! That sounds overpowered.

How about we keep his special moves the same, just tweak them?

I like Bowserlick's idea for a Disable.

For Confusion, I say, let is actually reflect projectiles and if Mewtwo hit the opponent with it.The character will stay spinning for twice as long. Enough time for Mewtwo to attack them while the opponent is vulnerable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ash basically WANTS that Genesect to kill him after he just walks into range to be hit by that Beam. Pikachu had to safe his suicidal ass again.

Other than that, Mewtwo is of coarse still a BAMF.

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Disable (toward B): On contact, robs opponent of random B move (not Up B). The stolen special is represented as a gold orb above Mewtwo. Mewtwo being hit hard or repeatedly will shatter the orb, returning the B move to the enemy.

Barrier (Down B): An ethereal physic projected armor (shaped like Mewtwo's armor in the movie) forms around Mewtwo. Can absorb 28 percentage before shattering (can not be used until next stock). Does not take stun or knockback with the armor.
What would happen if he stole kirbys neurtal?? lol

D

Deleted member

Simple, Kirby would be unable to Inhale opponents.
If he has an Ability, he would be unable to use it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
unless it's something like Aegis Reflector Light Screen for trap setups or something(think MODOK's Barrier).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Down B Subsitute: Mewtwo creates a purple translucent image of himself. The player controls the image while Mewtwo stays still with eyes shut. The image plays like Mewtwo except its attacks are weaker. If the image takes a hit, it dissipates and the damage goes onto Mewtwo's percentage points. Down B can be pressed to end the attack.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo should totally use Hurricane in Smash.
The new Mewtwo distribution for the movie has the move, and he used it all the way back in the first movie. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Actually, it'd be perfect to replace Confusion. He uses the same motion, but instead, he creates a twister that travels slowly forward. It'd be like one of the twisters from the Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What's wrong with Mewtwo having a reflector move? Just because it's not necessarily something original doesn't mean he shouldn't have it. Was he not reflecting Hyper Beam and other things in the first movie?

But yeah, Hurricane would be pretty cool and fresh to have as a special. Could be used as a final smash as well if done on the level of weather he caused in the first movie, with hurricanes everywhere.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The way it works makes it different enough from a regular reflector anyway. But still, would prefer a command grab attack for Side B. Posted this before but I'd like Psychic to be that move. Picture it as a ranged version of Bowser's Side B command grab in Brawl. See it as a upgraded Confusion (which is exactly what Psychic is in the games lol). Down B can be anything really. Don't have any preferences yet, but Light Screen / Reflect ; barrier attack or a stat upping attack ala Lucas' Offense Up in Project M would be my favorite ideas right now.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

Let's f***ing go!
this actually made me laugh about melee mewtwo... it really is a ****ty representation of the character... in that trailer just him BLOCKING an attack caused an explosion

maybe they wanted to go with a more game specific version but even in that light... melee mewtwo is pitiful. it's like having a marvel fighting game where wolverine or Thor are the worst characters smh

EDIT: a marvel characters only game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom