• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now we just need to see Mewtwo hugging Mew and all rivality is done within the first 151.

Did I say I really want Mewtwo back already? Cause I do.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That would be out of character for Mewtwo to do.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was sort of sarcastic. However, I'd LOVE the **** out of Pokemon if they'd actually have a Mew vs Mewtwo rivallity included somewhere in the story though! Maybe for Gen 7..? Pink and Purple (or Grey) versions? A Mew and Mewtwo evolution even perhaps? Plenty of potential I'd say?

D

Deleted member

An EVOLUTION? For a LEGENDARY? Wut?

Nah, if they do bring back the old Mewtwo vs. Mew thing, the only option to expand on it is....
Mewthree.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewthree would make Arceus cry in shame though. Don't really think they need an evolution though, but Mewthree could be a boss only Pokemon? Meaning, it'd be unobtainable in the game.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

That would seem more like what Arceus would be.
Uncatchable Pokemon doesn't really seem like it would be that good. I mean, maybe being able to fight things that AREN'T Pokemon to where you can't catch them, like the Ghosts or the PokeStudios opponents would be a nice addition, but making Pokemon that are literally unobtainable wouldn't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ow well make it like Mewthree 'has no soul' so it cannot be captured or something. Just throwing out ideas.

What are PokeStudio opponents like though? And what other enemies you'd picture Pokemon could fight against?

D

Deleted member

They simply just act as they are Pokemon, with moves and everything. However, everything is set by scripts as you have to make a film.

They can be hacked to where you can fight them outside of the set scripted setting, however, catching them (and possibly even actually BATTLING them in a normal setting) will cause the game to crash.
They range from things like "Brycen-Man" to a 50 ft woman to freaky aliens to robots to other wierd things like a frigging TIME MACHINE.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seems legit.

Mewtwo would destroy anything though. :mewtwomelee:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Taken from bulbapedia

Although Mewthree was a fake Pokémon, it was given an official mention in Mewtwo Strikes Back, where the scientists responsible for creating Mewtwo, commenting on the success of its creation, decided to start making Mewthree. However, the plans never got beyond this due to Mewtwo's destruction of the lab on New Island.
I don't remember that, but, interesting. Think it's for the best though that a Mewthree never happened.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewthree would wreck the game forever basically.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And would kinda take away from the uniqueness of Mewtwo himself. In concept I always thought a Mewthree would be overkill anyway, much like if a Shadow Mewtwo existed in a game and as more than just a skin.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, there's only one true Mewtwo though right? I don't see how a Shadow Mewtwo would then even be possible.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

Talk about throwing the whole color theory out of the window! IMO, Melee had it pretty good regarding Mewtwo's palette swaps.

Default = white/purple
Red Team = light pink / pink
Blue Team = light blue / blue
Green Team = light green / green (shiny Mewtwo)

You know, something like those. The colors are more harmonious and they don't clash like your palette swaps do.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well, there's only one true Mewtwo though right? I don't see how a Shadow Mewtwo would then even be possible.

Despite there being technically only one Mewtwo that was created, there are different versions of him that are portrayed, so a Shadow version wouldn't be impossible. At least I don't think the Mewtwo from the manga with a spoon is the same one as in the anime, etc.

D

Deleted member

I have seen the movie many times, so unless it was omitted in the dub and only mentioned in the original Japanese release, the statement on Bulbapedia is false.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I kinda thought that too and I saw the first movie a crapload of times back in the day, so I think I would've remembered something like that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo and Charizard, **** yeah! It won't get more awesome than that!

Speaking of, Charizard totally borrowed Mewtwo's F Tilt in Brawl.
So did Wolf borrow Mewtwo's F Air.
And Lucas did it with the Down Smash. And Neutral Air seems inspired on Mewtwo's...
Ohh and Lucario? Forward Smash and Neutral B.

Wonder if Mewtwo's exclusion was decided after these moves made up these respective character's movesets.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe. Either way, the shadow ball never looked better @ that first pic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Going further on my last post: if Mewtwo is to return, should those other moves from those characters be replaced by something else? Or should Mewtwo get different moves for those? He could keep the N Air (or better, he should: but buffed) cause even though I believe Lucas' N Air is inspired by it, it looks different enough but not for the other attacks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure if his down Smash will need changing. They work differently. Mewtwo has one hit and Lucas has three on his.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I say keep Up Smash, N Air, and Shadow Ball. Overhaul everything else.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Why his up smash? Out of all his moves that was one of the hardest ones to get a full direct hit with.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think he needs a complete overhaul. Just change a couple of his moves, buff him a bit and he will be fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo's Up Smash could've been really sexy in Brawl though. Just wish he got in Brawl, he might've been buffed like how Mr. G&W and Pikachu where buffed. :urg:

Most of all though, his weight and hitboxes need serious buffs. It makes no sence Mewtwo has such long lag after attacks that are not even that powerful. Sure the lag suits him, somewhat. But the moves should be worth the effort. Aka, make his attacks at least twice as strong. :rolleyes:

What I mean is Mewtwo should play like this for everyone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WvET6YM2c . Not just MewtwoKing should play like that, we ALL should be able to be Mewtwo King as Mewtwo. :cool:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I want that down B and side B gone. Even in that video they seemed like the most useless things not to mention they are the most demeaning moves for Mewtwo. I mean really, his baby moves! He shouldn't have the widely considered weak psychic moves. Confusion on it's own looks like a way weaker version of his throws(Psychic).

I also wish his down aerial looked less awkward like maybe he could use his tail instead of his foot or a frontflip instead of a backflip. His other aerials were fine with me but could probably use a power/priority boost.

Up smash looked awesome but was a pain to hit with. They should put a hitbox on his body that sends the opponent up as so it can hit enemies beside him.

His Jab could do with a change too. Mewtwo is supposed to be a tank, not spurting out sparkles. His side smash would look better one handed showing off his more tanky personality better. When I think about it, Shadow ball would also look cool one-handed as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Forward Smash needs better hitboxes, a lot better knockback and damage and it could look a little more powerful to. It's a cool looking move, so I want him to keep it. But it should act like Mewtwo's main finisher I feel. Down Smash same way. It needs the raw strenght to cover up for the fact it doesn't hit at two sides. Up Smash is easy to buff I feel, just make all the hits connect better, and make it much faster.

His tilts are quite good, but they should get rid of the sweetspot with so little range. Make his tail equally as strong everywhere.

As for his aerials: improve N air so that it does more damage and make the hits connect better. F Air needs more range, U Air and B Air are actually fine, if they could give him a new B Air that'd also be good I feel. But D Air needs to be stronger, or faster. Definitely improve hitboxes all around though.

One handed Shadow Ball would also be wicked yes.

firebro17

Smash Cadet
All of his attacks sitnk so i think they should just start fresh with him. Give him a great recovery like he is supposed to have, good aerials, lots more projectiles

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
All of his attacks sitnk so i think they should just start fresh with him. Give him a great recovery like he is supposed to have, good aerials, lots more projectiles
Not entirely. Almost all his moves need tweaking of some sort but only his down and side b are bad enough to do away with all together. Also he has great recovery. As long as you have a double jump you can get back to the stage. Without a double jump his recovery can be predictable but his teleport comes out fast and has great horizontal and vertical range.

peeup

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's making a special appearance in Gen VI. You heard it here first folks. That way he'll fill the slot of a relevant pokemon AND he's ****ing mewtwo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Do you have a source, or is that just wishful thinking?

Watashi

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking all night about both Roy and Metwo, and decided besides the brawl cast they are the closest thing Smash 4 has for Shoe ins.

Roy has enough fan support in Japan and overseas. In Melee he and Marth were considered by Casual's to be cooler then Link and Young Link. His redesign is considered to be really cool in Awakening.

Mewtwo is iconic. Many people remember him from Gen 1 as this Bad*** who was the most powerful Pokemon. Him also being in The first movie also helped. He also wasn't a clone, and the backlash for removing him was gigantic. (remember the Mewtwo vs Lucario war's of 2008?)

While both were Low tier, they still have massive popularity. So much that I don't think Sakurai can ignore it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While both were Low tier, they still have massive popularity. So much that I don't think Sakurai can ignore it.

I don't think Sakurai takes tiers into consideration when choosing characters... >_>

Anyway, you have valid points. Roy and Mewtwo are currently very popular and highly requested to return. Sakurai should take this into consideration.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are we seriously having this argument again?

Game & Watch was worse than Mewtwo was, yet he's still in Brawl. Same with Kirby, Bowser, Ness and Yoshi.

Guess Toon Link should be the only Zelda character in Smash 4 then. All other Zelda characters are bottom tier. :rolleyes:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tires don exsist!

At least when it comes to picking which characters appear.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai did the balancing himself. So in his eyes, all characters are in the same tier.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
B-but guys!! Mewtwo is just really technical, and very hard to use well!

Yeah, he needs some serious buffs lol :rolleyes:

Still, he's awesome and should return. Only with minimal buffs already in weight and especially ohh Lord: HITBOXES THAT DON'T SUCK, he'll be a lot better already. But I don't want average Mewtwo, I want **** monster Mewtwo. :urg:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Mewtwo is the only PKMN character I was comfortable playing with, besides the Jiggler. When I first unlocked Mewtwo in Melee I was hyped to play him. But when I did I was pretty dissapointed on how strong he was. If Mewtwo is back for smash 4 then I hope he gets buffed. I don't have to worry about Jigglypuff since I know she's not going anywhere, and I hope she gets buffed back to Melee status again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom