• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Makes me wonder why they didn't enhance Kabutops or Armaldo. :troll:

Coincidentally, their poses and hands are quite similar.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Makes me wonder why they didn't enhance Kabutops or Armaldo. :troll:

Coincidentally, their poses and hands are quite similar.
Because they weren't revived by an evil organization!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Nope.

Genesect was created by reviving a powerful fossil pokemon and enhancing it through technology.
Still, if you watch the trailer there's several of them. I just have a hard time believing that they'd add that many Mewtwo level pokemon into the movie although I guess that would be basis for the Mewtwo transformation. I still think Mewtwo is more powerful than Genesect. It might simply be that Mewtwo has trouble facing all of them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Genesect hits Mewtwo super effective with it's Bug moves, yet Mewtwo still creams it any time of the day. Maybe this 'Mewthree' would help Mewtwo in the battle instead of it being a form change of Mewtwo himself? It's not too farfetched other scientists would try and make a Mew clone anyway since it's supposed to be the 'mother figure' of all Pokemon?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Just learnt something about Mew Two from the original Pokemon film that I never knew and found very interesting:
Did you know that while the dubbed American (4Kids Entertainment) version of this film portrays Mewtwo as an inherently evil, bent on world domination psycho (and ends with the message: fighting is bad, kids), that the original Japanese script in fact depicted a far more tragic Mewtwo, one who had been betrayed and used by humans, and felt without purpose or meaning in a world where he was neither person nor pokemon. He never meant to destroy the world, he only planned to prove he too had worth, and in general, that existence has worth. In the end, he realised the nature of his birth was irrelevant, worth comes from within and life is what you make it.

Also, Mew was a **** who basically said clones are inferior, and will always lose. He essentially instigated the fight at the end of the film, in the Japanese version.

There's also a fantastic double entrendre at the end, where the trio of heroes says, 'Why are we here?' 'I don't know, but we're here, so let's stay awhile'. They're referring of course to their physical location, but accidentally stumble upon the answer to Mewtwo's dilemma - it doesn't matter why we're here, all we know is that we're here, so let's make the most of it.
Not to brag, but yes, I knew that. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I to read that before. And damn, does that make Mewtwo a lot more awesome. He's the humanitarian of Pokemon. No wonder he shares the birthday with Bob Marley.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon. Second only to Dragonite. As far as the anime goes, I think Mewtwo is the most well developed character. Being a metalhead, and labeled as a "Satanist" in the South, I can easily relate to Mewtwo's outcastedness.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a Rastafarian (sans the dreadlocks- at least now- girlfriend / babymomma cut them) and I to relate to Mewtwo a lot, but more on the way the Japanese implied him as. But honestly, if Mewtwo was real, the Illuminati would be dead right now. :mewtwomelee:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Did you know that while the dubbed American (4Kids Entertainment) version of this film portrays Mewtwo as an inherently evil, bent on world domination psycho (and ends with the message: fighting is bad, kids), that the original Japanese script in fact depicted a far more tragic Mewtwo, one who had been betrayed and used by humans, and felt without purpose or meaning in a world where he was neither person nor pokemon. He never meant to destroy the world, he only planned to prove he too had worth, and in general, that existence has worth. In the end, he realised the nature of his birth was irrelevant, worth comes from within and life is what you make it.
Also, Mew was a **** who basically said clones are inferior, and will always lose. He essentially instigated the fight at the end of the film, in the Japanese version.

There's also a fantastic double entrendre at the end, where the trio of heroes says, 'Why are we here?' 'I don't know, but we're here, so let's stay awhile'. They're referring of course to their physical location, but accidentally stumble upon the answer to Mewtwo's dilemma - it doesn't matter why we're here, all we know is that we're here, so let's make the most of it.
Knew about all that except for Mew's character being like the opposite in the original Japanese script. Him being the villain or oppressor would've been interesting, but also would've made me and people like him a lot less. On the other hand though, an even more sympathizeable Mewtwo would've been a plus...

As for the new form, don't know why the tail now comes out of the head, but I guess having a stretchy version of Majin Buu's head tentacle shows how much more powerful/evolved his mind has become.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah he looks like he's got more brainpower, that's for sure. Am thinking this is gonna be an even more offensive-based Mewtwo honestly. Kinda like Deoxys Attack forme.

D

Deleted member

Well, he does have that growth on his neck...perhaps it's not a tail we see, but an extention of that growth.

We would need to see a clearer image of the new form alone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I hope that head tail fixes his lame tail hitboxes he had in Melee at least...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Genesect hits Mewtwo super effective with it's Bug moves, yet Mewtwo still creams it any time of the day. Maybe this 'Mewthree' would help Mewtwo in the battle instead of it being a form change of Mewtwo himself? It's not too farfetched other scientists would try and make a Mew clone anyway since it's supposed to be the 'mother figure' of all Pokemon?
From what I understand, a Choice Scarf Genesect can hit Mewtwo with U-Turn, and switch out at the same time, sparing it from taking a Flamethrower in the face.

Anyway, I more see this being an alternate Mewtwo form, similar to how Deoxys, Giratina, Keldeo, and Meloetta operated.

D

Deleted member

Just learnt something about Mew Two from the original Pokemon film that I never knew and found very interesting:
I have the American version on VHS. Used to love the movie as a child, but now I'm not sure if I want to see it again.

Really need to get my hand on a Japanese DVD eventually to see how the movie really is.

Edit: Looked over at the Japanese page of the movie and wow, the movie is getting great reception: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%80%8C%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A6%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%81%AE%E9%80%86%E8%A5%B2-%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A6%E3%81%AE%E3%81%AA%E3%81%A4%E3%82%84%E3%81%99%E3%81%BF%E3%80%8D%E3%80%90%E5%8A%87%E5%A0%B4%E7%89%88%E3%80%91-DVD-%E5%A4%A7%E8%B0%B7%E8%82%B2%E6%B1%9F/dp/B00005HBSH
Now I want to see it more than ever.

D

Deleted member

Considering the translation, that source is a load of horse crap.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Do you even understand Spanish? It mentions GTA, kamikaze, stealing Pokemon, and a bunch of other stuff Nintendo would probably never do in a Pokemon game. >.>

And to quote someone off of some other forum...
The guy talks about 169 new Pokemon, including 45 legendaries, evolutions for Lucario and Garchomp, the possibility to become gym leader, E4 member, superman, assassin and other trash.
Not to mention a crazy professor who creates a Pokemon made of Margikarp, Marchomp and Galvantula... facepalm

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow....

That is messed up....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I translated the whole text by myself and posted it in the Pokémon boards, but I think people here could be interested too, so here goes hilarity.

The translation may not be very accurate, as I'm not as comfortable with Spanish as I am with English, but it is still better than a machine translator.

"A mystical and ultra secret source has revealed us a few hours ago new details on the next Pokémon X and Y games. [The next phrase I couldn't translate, but they mention that they're publishing it as a rumor.]

1- The characters will be called Paco and Antonia [funnily enough, both are Spanish names]. You can't change their names, but you can dress them in sexy clothes. [This part made me lol]

2- There will be 169 new Pokémon. Of them, at least 45 will be legendary.

3- We will at last see an evolution or new form of Mewtwo, popularly known as Mewthree. [The next phrase I didn't understand, so here's a Google Translation: It has the longest tail still, could be linked with the name of the editions.]

[From here on, it only gets better...]

4- You start in Paris. You're no typical little child [niño means boy, but since you can choose the character's gender, I chose a gender neutral word] that happily starts his/her Pokémon adventure, as you will have to make your way between the "drug cartels" [malos barrios literally means evil/bad neighborhoods, so I went a little creative, but I hope you still get the idea...]. You first Pokémon, you steal it from an ancient by decapitating him. Next, you believe to be a supermayor and think that playing Pokémon is cool. [Funnily enough, the words supermayor and cool were exactly in that text]
It seems that they have made the game a sandbox, like GTA.

5- You can be a Gym Leader, a member of Team Plasta [what?], army general, superman, Pokémon Professor, smuggler, kamikaze, assassin and even a Pokémon Trainer. [This part was ridiculous]

6- There are evolutions and pre-evolutions of older Pokémon, like Lucario and Scizor, who are begging for them to happen [in this last part of the phrase, I was a little creative when translating, but attempted to keep the general meaning].

7- They announced fourth evolution stages: Garchomp could evolve to make a small hole in the competitive game. [The Garchomp statement was likely an idiomatic expression, so I translated it literally, but I believe the meaning wasn't completely lost].

8- StreetPass mode will be used to randomly trade Pokémon with trainers on the street. No Pokémon is safe and you may lose your perfect Pokémon with EVs, egg moves, tutor moves, at level 100, winner of the last worldwide VGC, and in exchange receive a Level 12 Barboach with Mud Sport [had to check Bulbapedia here. :p] and with the nickname Faloach. Game Freak always wants to troll a little, you know.

9- At last, the genetics [theme] suggested by the Japanese logos translates in one Pokémon laboratory with a crazy professor who creates a Magikarp, incorporating in it Machoke arms and Galvantula eyes. It is not known its finality.

That's all for now. This information is 101% authentic, was proven and you will have to believe, like the other rumors on the Internet these days."
Needless to say, I put some comments and notes along the text in [ ]. Anyway, hope you have a good laugh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I could've expect nothing less from a 4chan 'source'...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Last i heard the guy who was claiming to be the maker of it was just an attention hog and after his last prank he gave out his site info so it could be anyone admitting to that without any actual proof. So its still up in the air and cant be dissproven yet, Its safe to say we will know the truth soon enough.

For the time being though heres a deviantart artists (xous54) take on what we can see from those images

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Look like he got longer arms. GOOD! Mewtwo needed more range in his moves anyway. :estatic:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
When I first saw the new Mewtwo, I didn't like it.
But now that I've seen the official artwork, I love it!
I think this basically makes Mewtwo damn-near guaranteed to be in Smash 4, if he wasn't already.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I guess we'll have to wait until, May or the next issue of coro coro magazine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it's a new Pokémon it's all the better. I wanna fight this thing as Mewtwo pretty badly, and vise versa! Damn, this has got to be one of the best things ever relating Pokémon.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm really excited now. Mewtwo's chances took a huge leap. I really hope he's in SSB4, if not him then this new form/Mewthree.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't know what to think, but it seems like it's a Mewthree.

Just wondering what will happen in the movie now though... I mean, if this ain't Mewtwo, and we've seen Mewtwo already, big chance is that we gonna see both teaming up against those Genesects.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm thinking more of a Mew and Mewtwo case here. Related, but not by evolution.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm thinking it's a new forme, but Game Freak is still trying to make us curious.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Let me just say there is a reason Mewtwo is in the new Genesect movie. The reason is to advertise gen VI

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally think it's just a new form to. I mean, why else would it replace Mewtwo on that poster?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it's a new Pokemon and not a new form. I've had enough Pokemon that didn't need new forms. Keldeo, Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus didn't need new forms at all. Kyurem was the only Pokemon that needed new forms in B2/W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom