• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Serebii from serebii.net has said on gamefaqs something about europe's press packs that have this labeled as "mewtwo". Apparently this is the same way they figured out the black and white kyurems were just forms and not separate pokemon. You can see what he said here

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, it probably IS a forme.

In that case, Mewthree is definitely not replacing Mewtwo as is being thought by some. I'm relieved.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My guess is still a Speed Forme. With a possible boost in Special Attack as well. Maybe at the cost of Defences, but still... This thing is gonna be DANGEROUS.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Looks stupid at first.
But like anything the more you get used to it the more it warms to you. He might look better in motion than in still pics as well.
Still prefer the original though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So then, since we can be sure that this might be a form of Mewtwo, how do you think he transformed into this new form?

I think some more gene-splicing might have been a part of it. Perhaps with a Genesect?

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I hope they don't waste his ultimate smash on the transformation.
Would love to see some dramatic abuse of his psychic abilities instead or at least as well as.

A transformation seems pointless though since he would likely have the same or a very similar moveset. A costume change would be ideal if not for the different hitboxes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
A costume change wouldn't exactly work considering that Newtwo lacks a tail like Mewtwo, meaning that using certain attacks in the same way wouldn't work.

What I would suggest personally is the whole "EX" thing where essentially the same character "swaps" to a different version of it with altered attributes on the character select screen.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The way Mewtwo sweeps and strikes with the tail doesn't have to change too much. Unless you take Melee Mewtwo and not change a single animation and hit box then yes, there are difficulties. It's not nearly as difficult as some of you make it seem for the head tail and butt tail to function exactly the same.

I mean if Mewtwo's head tail needs to sweep you don't think they won't just stretch it out like they do so many other limbs in the series. The body types for a game like smash are actually very similar and if its an alternate costume the placement of the tail won't mean a darn thing.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't like the new Mewtwo version... So I hope they keep the old skins for Mewtwo how he is supose to be when they future him in Smash 4

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't like the new Mewtwo version... So I hope they keep the old skins for Mewtwo how he is supose to be when they future him in Smash 4
Most likely, he will cycle through the two forms somehow so we will probably get both.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I only accept it if it's part of "Costumes" in Smash 4, Like Mario get Dr.Mario and so on... No transformations, that be weird IMO

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A transformation through Final Smash is possible though. Like :samus2: / :zerosuitsamus:.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna agree that having Mewthree as a transformation that isn't just relegated to a FS seems weird right now. Until we know more about it, either that or a costume (Because I too hope that Sm4sh is full of costumes) works for me. I think it's cool looking, but Mewtwo's an icon, man.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yes, Packed with Costumes would make some changes in phases of the game and would give it more feelings... And thats the only accept I would go for to Mewtwo.. Since it looks like Mewtwo tries to cosplay Mew.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the new Mewtwo form is transformation-based, it may sacrifice its weight to boost its speed. In a way, the standard Mewtwo would be a heavy character (rivaling Wario's weight), while the new Mewtwo would be a lighter character (approximately rivaling Peach's weight).

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Let set it like this.. Even tho they would consider the new "Mewtwo" I believe they are so far in devolopment with the game that I don't see it most likley..

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai was planning on bringing back Mewtwo, it is likely he would have been informed about the new form already.

EDIT: As in, he knew about it before we did.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I believe so too "GY" .. But do you think he would then add New Mewtwo for Promoting the new game? or to keep fans happy with the old Mewtwo?

D

Deleted member

That is rather hard to determine.
If anything, I expect both to appear in some form or another.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well when you mention it, Maybe Mewthree would turn up as a Trophy? hope that rather then being the actual Mewtwo

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe so too "GY" .. But do you think he would then add New Mewtwo for Promoting the new game? or to keep fans happy with the old Mewtwo?
Newtwo wouldn't be added to promote Pokemon X/Y, as they would be released this October, while Smash 4 is being expected to out by late 2014. I find it more to be a case of how Lucario was added in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just extremely curious of the backstory of this new Mewthree. Or how it comes Mewtwo finally remembers how to switch forms after so many years.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm thinking that the transformation is more item-based though, similar to with the Reveal Glass and DNA Splicers.

D

Deleted member

Or it could just be that Mewtwo had no knowledge of this form.
It seems to be more of an awakening of a latent power not unlike Keldeo's Resolute Form.

EDIT: Which makes sense considering the movie's title.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Resolute Forme didn't affect Keldeo's stats though, making it completely aesthetic. The new Mewtwo needs to at least have some statistics that are different from that of its standard form; Ex.: Stronger offenses, and weaker defenses.

D

Deleted member

The Resolute Forme didn't affect Keldeo's stats though, making it completely aesthetic. The new Mewtwo needs to at least have some statistics that are different from that of its standard form; Ex.: Stronger offenses, and weaker defenses.
Except that I wasn't arguing for it to be exactly like the Resolute Form in terms of how it is used in the games.
Just that like how the Resolute Form is in the movie is an awakening of latent power for Keldeo, this new "Éclair Form" for Mewtwo could very well be an awakening of a dormant power within Mewtwo that he was unaware about.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Resolute Keldeo, but that is probably the most pointless alternate forme ever. I mean it looked cooler then the normal Keldeo, but it had no effect in gameplay like altered stats or a different ability.

I swear to god Newtwo better have something that makes it worth the effort.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
With that large head and smaller body, I expect éclair form Mewtwo to have higher Spl. Attack and Speed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm hoping it's +Speed +Sp.Atk +Sp.Def and --Attack and -Defence. That'd be the best thing in the whole universe.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sure vanilla Mewtwo isn't going anywhere.

I remember that the Pokémon Smash stream on Youtube was littered with hate comments when the éclair forme was revealed. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But at least we can now be assured that we'll have at least a Mewtwo which suits our preffered playstyle in Smash!

There are a lot of people saying that Mewtwo should be bulkier, stronger and heavier. This is a concept they should use for 'vanilla' Mewtwo.
And there are people saying Mewtwo should be faster, and more combo-based. This is a concept they can use for Eclair form Mewtwo / Newtwo / Mewthree

I'm still hoping for dat Psychic command grab Side B. My life wouldn't be complete without it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Don't worry ManBearPig, they won't get rid of the big kitty, they will fight alongside each other in order to kick some serious butt. :p I'm looking forward to both (or either) of them. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's funny how some of Mewtwo's artworks depict it being less threatening than one would suggest. This is especially noticeable with its Dream World artwork.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think this applies to all Pokémon in a way. No way you'd think a Pikachu is dangerous, untill it starts shooting lightning bolts at your ass.

But I think Mewtwo looks pretty badass. Imagining a realistic Mewtwo is kinda scary though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom