• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
One of the names floating around for this supposed Mewtwo forme is the "éclair forme" (French for "lightning"). So I guess it's the Speed Deoxys for Mewtwo? Don't quite see it, but it does fit the theme of the Extremespeed Genesect movie.

On the discussion of how he will transform... if this forme isn't used as apart of a Final Smash, what about making it like Zelda and Sheik, a Down-B transformation? You can swap between the two, or pick your favorite from the get-go on the char select menu. Though I'm sure some of us will miss Disable.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps it would be an optional transformation for those who are doing poorly as Mewtwo. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If i had to choose i would want Mewtwo over this next thing..anyday...

But i see Mewthree getting it because its like killing 2 Pidgeys with one stone..

#1 it represents Gen6

#2 Mewtwo is heavily requested

Sakurai: Oww Lets put Mewthree in Sm4sh then everyone will be happy...

Owwm...how wrong he is...(-_-)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Technically, Newtwo is hardly as requested as Mewtwo is. :troll:

I wouldn't mind him though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If i had to choose i would want Mewtwo over this next thing..anyday...

But i see Mewthree getting it because its like killing 2 Pidgeys with one stone..

#1 it represents Gen6

#2 Mewtwo is heavily requested

Sakurai: Oww Lets put Mewthree in Sm4sh then everyone will be happy...

Owwm...how wrong he is...(-_-)
How would you feel if Mewtwo transformed into Newtwo via a special move or final smash?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, gotta say it like it is. Sugar coating will just lead to use running in circles.
Oh no. I agree with the core of your statement. It's just....

The "How cute," was what what I was referring to. That is rude and it was said in a way that was meant to degrade him.

You should state your opinions with confidence and strength (like you do) but nothing really excuses degrading others.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How would you guys feel if Newtwo is a last minute addition in the Pokéball, while Mewtwo doesn't have any references to Mewthree in his moveset? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't mind it, cause I would play Mewtwo for his orignial self. Unless Mewthree is like, significantly better or something.

bobadz

Smash Ace
http://vanitas101.tumblr.com/image/47843641391

Seribii said"Though it doesn't reveal anything new, CoroCoro also reveals the pieces about the new Pokémon revealed last week. In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape. Thanks to gin for translations. We'll provide more on this as and when it comes"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright! Newtwo is confirmed to be Mewtwo!

I say we celebrate for the most likely new character! Mewtwo/Newtwo!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some ideas for his FS:

Final Smash: Mewtwo's Awakening (Variation 1)
Mewtwo changes his form ("awakens") and flies to the center of the stage and unleashes Psystrike (launching an explosion of Psychic energy or something), returning to his normal form afterwards.

Final Smash: Mewtwo's Awakening (Variation 2)
Mewtwo changes his form ("awakens") and flies to the center of the stage and unleashes Psystrike (launching an explosion of Psychic energy or something), keeping this form until he uses another Final Smash that has him use Psystrike again and returning to the normal form, ending the cycle.

Final Smash: Psystrike
Same as the two above, but without transformation. This would assume he could switch forms at will by use of a Special Move.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Side B should be a command grab, not unlike Bowser's Side B, but ranged. Psystrike seems too powerful for a regular move and seems nicely fit for a Final Smash. Down B should imo be a stat buffing move like Lucas has in Project M.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Beautiful!
I think it's certainly safe to say Mewtwo is back. Cutting him was a mistake to begin with, now there's essentially no reason not to bring him back. It's a win-win for marketing & the fans.

I *really* hope they go the Zelda-Sheik route with him and his forme... Maybe Sakurai will actually show some ingenuity and make transforming characters A+B instead of Down+B or something, just so both Mewtwo formes have Psystrike as the FS and don't waste it on a pretty Samus-esque transformation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please no Zelda / Sheik... Those characters themselves are already badly broken enough.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alright! Newtwo is confirmed to be Mewtwo!

I say we celebrate for the most likely new character! Mewtwo/Newtwo!!!
I still find it funny how this site is probably the only place that is generally pretty happy about the fact the new Mewtwo is a form of the original. While everywhere else there is a massive ****storm going on and childhoods being ruined right now.

Probably because if they are a form of each other then it likely means they will both be playable in smash as a transformation like Zelda/Sheik or Samus/Zamus style, but if they are a form in Pokemon then there is not much of a purpose for them, at least according to the Pokemon fanbase. Something tell's me Gamfreak did this in order to have a good excuse to bring Mewtwo back into smash as well as still having a new Pokemon playable by getting him back into the spotlight again. (Not that his massive support and and the backlash for his removal in Brawl wasn't already a good enough reason to bring him back)

Ah well I will still enjoy the heck out of both Mewtwo and Mewzora since I love them both, whether it's in Smash or Pokemon. :p

So... *puts on party hat*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When it was firstly leaked, I didn't believe, since I never take leaks seriously.

But now I know that Mewtwo's chances have increased greatly thanks to its new form. Its new form can pave the way to new moves and such, not only in Smash but in the Pokémon games too. I'm definitely looking forward to try his new form in X/Y. :)

Also, people need to take those nostalgia goggles off. :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh God please. Make Mewtwo / Mewthree like :samus2: / :zerosuitsamus: and not like :sheilda:. Please...

And I guess we're just happy about the new form cause we just really wanna see Mewtwo in Smash. No mather what.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, I remember how I outright dismissed Newtwo as fake. :laugh:

Well, that was more due to the crappy quality of the leaked pictures..., but still.

I'm definitely looking forward to Newtwo in Pokémon X/Y, the movie and Smash 4 as well. :)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Oh God please. Make Mewtwo / Mewthree like :samus2: / :zerosuitsamus: and not like :sheilda:. Please...

And I guess we're just happy about the new form cause we just really wanna see Mewtwo in Smash. No mather what.
Im still hoping and inclined to believe that this new form will be his base and only form, people seem to just be thinking his original look will come for the ride when i doubt we will be that lucky.
Oh, I remember how I outright dismissed Newtwo as fake. :laugh:

Well, that was more due to the crappy quality of the leaked pictures..., but still.
Always gotta keep the possibility open at least to some extent, cause you never know.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I do agree with shinpichu though. How did they manage to make a model for him so quickly? I mean yeah, it has been a week now since it's reveal but still...

D

Deleted member

Step 1: Take Mewtwo model hack
Step 2: Edit it into Newtwo
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

D

Deleted member

Nah, I'm just guessing.

Though the face structure does seem like that one "final release" Mewtwo hack.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guess I shouldn't be too surprised if they did do some tweaking on an existing Mewtwo model they've worked on and gone from there to create Newtwo.

D

Deleted member

I was probably one of the few that wanted to see the form come true and it turns out to be pretty awesome.

Looks like Mewtwo is in Smash 4. Or at least more than anyone else.

Oh and drama? I have got to check out GameFAQs now.

bobadz

Smash Ace
On tumblr, people are complaint that it's not Mewthree. They are tired of formes and want brand new Pokemon.

And yes I think Mewtwo's a shoe in now.

Also there going to be a new trailer for Extremespeed Genesct: Mewtwo Awakens on Thursday. We'll likely see that forme in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom