• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's rather funny, but I now just noticed the purple light/streak on the original poster for the movie.

Yeah the potential awesomeness of the movie totally just went down with an actress voicing Mewtwo (not trying to be sexist or anything). My hopes for this movie beating Mewtwo vs Deoxys have been destroyed, though this still looks like the next best Pokemon movie since Movie 8 with Lucario.

Found a translation of the trailer on Serebii, wasn't done by me but since I'm lazy I hope this satisfies

Genesect - Why are we here? Where did our world go?

Genesect, the pokemon that appeared after crossing 300,000,000 years.

Satoshi - Stop it!

Guy - At this rate, the city will be in destroyed!

When the hatred enveloped by a red veil attacks Satoshi and the others... Finally, that legendary pokemon appears.

Satoshi - Mewtwo!?

Mewtwo (formal tone) - They were created by the hands of Man.

Iris - It can't be...

Dent - By humans?

Mewtwo - Just like me.

Satoshi - What does that mean?

Satoshi - Please stop, Genesect!

This Summer, the fateful battle will start.

Mewtwo (formal tone) - Let's end this.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Looks like one of the genesects is a good guy if you look at 0:59 seconds in. Also, LOOK AT MEWTWO DODGING THOSE BLASTS LOOKING LIKE A FLYING SONIC!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah same here, hopefully they wont go that route when hes given an english voice over
Unless this Mewtwo is stated to be female and that is an important plot point, I can near guarantee that Mewtwo will sound more masculine in the English version.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

Eh, I see more of a "moderinization". Though the second one could also be attributed to Mewtwo's "kinder" disposition, kind of like when Mewtwo was young...

EDIT: Ninja'd. But I have a picture. :p

D

Deleted member

Other fun fact, Eric Newsome also voiced Wolf, did the narration vocals on those two Metroid songs (you know which two I mean), and is credited as the one who provided Bowser's new clips.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Mario and Sonic Guy was confusing him for Jay Ward.
Eric Newsome did Bowser's clips and Bowser ONLY. Ward was the one who was Meta Knight, Wolf, and the vocals for the Metroid stages.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK, maybe Mewtwo is actually a slug pokemon

Slugs sometimes change gender as they age

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I would argue his voice became a calmer tone since he let go his vendettas against humanity(and thus became calmer), but really I don't know why they went with so feminine a voice.

maybe it's like wiith Snake in MGS4 and thereis a side effect from the cloning that makes him more Mew-like with age(since Mew has a female VA)?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Other fun fact, Eric Newsome also voiced Wolf, did the narration vocals on those two Metroid songs (you know which two I mean), and is credited as the one who provided Bowser's new clips.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Mario and Sonic Guy was confusing him for Jay Ward.
Eric Newsome did Bowser's clips and Bowser ONLY. Ward was the one who was Meta Knight, Wolf, and the vocals for the Metroid stages.
Now THAT left a bump on my head. I guess someone forgot to update Meta Knight's article from the SmashWiki with that info.

Anyway, ignore what I said about Eric Newsome then.

bobadz

Smash Ace
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php

This interview might have the answers. We just need to translate it.

My Japanese is bad, but it seems as though they changed the voice to fit Mewtwo's role in the movie. They tout that it focuses on the friendship of Ash/Mewtwo/Genesect to show the relationship of humans and Pokemon, which makes sense because in what I've read of the manga Ash was trying to befriend one of the Genesect, I think it's saying something like the change was to reflect that understanding(or misunderstanding) with Mewtwo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well aside from the voice... Do you guys think or know if the awakened form will be a permanent transformation for Mewtwo, or a temporary one? If it's the former, does that mean we'll no longer see the regular form in any new content (games, anime, whatever) unless you trade a Mewtwo from one of the older games?

Still like the new form and all, but thought I'd ask that since I never saw it brought up, aside from the debating on which form would be in Smash 4.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Why does everyone think it will be permanent? It's not an evolution... lol
Not even Giratina stood in its "Origin Forme" forever in its movie or promotional material, and that's supposed to be its "true" forme. I wouldn't worry too much. Every forme gives you the option to turn the Pkmn back to its original look.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I've taken that into account, but just wanted to be sure. Something about the awakened form sounds like it would be more than just temporary to me for some reason. Do we refer to normal Mewtwo as the 'sleep form' when he's not "awakened" ? :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So this really is Mewtwo's super Sayian form. Hopefully he won't keep getting successively stronger formes like Goku did. I lost track of that pretty quick.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The base stat total likely won't change though, so it wouldn't be like Mewtwo's Awakened Forme is going to be stronger than its Standard Forme, based on that value.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IIRC, don't all Deoxys forms also have the same basic stat totals? But you can definitely say the Attack Form is the most useful of all. To me, it looks like this new forme is mostly Special and Speed based. Kinda sacrificing defences for offense and speed.

So good thing: we can have Glass canon and Bulky / heavy Mewtwo in Smash!

bobadz

Smash Ace
Someone on tumblr translated the interview:

Yuyama Kunihiko-Kantoku x Takashima Reiko Interview

Takashima Reiko has been announced to be performing Mewtwo in “Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo Awakens”!
After the recording of the most recent trailer, Yuyama Kantoku and Takashima-san did an interview together!

● What are your thoughts on performing the voice of Mewtwo for the first time?

Takashima:
Well, I was extremely happy! Afterall, its that Mewtwo!?
I haven’t necessarily had a lot of experience as an anime voice actress, but I still wanted to be considered for it.
I received a lot of coaching and orders from everyone because I wanted to expand my potential, so I was fully motivated to do it.
But still, since Mewtwo is such a great pokemon, I really wanted to do my best.
I think kids are really anticipating watching this movie, so theres a lot of pressure to live up to their expectations, but I want to draw out a lot of Mewtwo’s various potentials.

● About Mewtwo’s appearances since the first movie

Yuyama:
Since Mewtwo was the pokemon to appear in the first movie, all the staff, including myself, have an emotional attachment to this pokemon.
Mewtwo seems to overlook all the other pokemon, so theres an image as if its in a much higher place.
In this work, I wanted Mewtwo to create a new image, so this production advances it.

● About Takashima performing as Mewtwo

Yuyama:
Although its only a preliminary announcement today, we have done quite a bit within such a short amount of time.
Since I’ve listened various Mewtwo voices, I’ve really enjoyed the post-synchronization of this version.

● Is there anything you would like to highlight in this movie?

Takashima:

In each Pokemon movie, there have been a huge amount of messages compiled together.
This time, with Ash, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I think you get to see several deep friendships and bonds that humans and pokemon exchange between one another. Also, with fellow pokemon helping each other out and people working together, I think its a fun, interesting, and exciting movie to enjoy.

● Are there any points worth noting from the Director?

Yuyama:
I think the biggest theme of this pokemon [movie] is communication.
Pokemon and Ash [and his friends] understand things differently [from one another].
The biggest part is when they meet Mewtwo.
Mewtwo accepts these different qualities as they are, and that is a big thing for communication.

I will be so happy when everyone is able to enjoy how Ash reacts to meeting Mewtwo and Genesect together at the movie theater.

Look forward to the theatrical release on July 13th (Saturday)!

Original Article:
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still have no idea how I keep finding weird stuff like this. its not like I do it on purpose lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:metaknight:: Behold my true power!

Mewtwo is already God-Tier. This confirms it.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
I really really hope he comes back. And as for this idea...

Eh, I see more of a "moderinization". Though the second one could also be attributed to Mewtwo's "kinder" disposition, kind of like when Mewtwo was young...

EDIT: Ninja'd. But I have a picture. :p
I would be ecstatic. I mean ECSTATIC if they made a reference to his childhood. Anywhere. Even cooler if they made a 'young Mewtwo' character in the new Smash.

D

Deleted member

Well, I wasn't saying to make them reference his childhood.

I was merely saying that from my perspective, the second image I was referring to can be attributed to his "kinder" disposition as compared to the previous movies, which can be compared to his childhood disposition. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A bit of trivia: in the first Pokémon movie, young Mewtwo is voiced by Fujiko Takimoto, the same actress who voiced Young Link in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

D

Deleted member

A bit of trivia: in the first Pokémon movie, young Mewtwo is voiced by Fujiko Takimoto, the same actress who voiced Young Link in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
So does he sound childish like Young Link or feminine like this upcoming movie?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I was asking if the young Mewtwo sounded childish or feminine.
At best Mewtwo (from the new movie) sounds like a young boy. At best. But since the seiyuu says that she is kind of new to doing this, then it's understandable. Either way, I have no problems over it. It'd fit more his character development, maybe.

D

Deleted member

Again, I'm asking if the young Mewtwo from the Japanese first movie had a childish voice or feminine voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom