• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Int the radio drama, young mewtwo was voiced by fujiko takimoto, and sounds boyish, but very young.

In the anime young mewtwo was voiced by shotaro morikubo, and sounds like a teenager.

D

Deleted member

Ah. So the feminine voice from the new movie is completely out of nowhere.

My theory was that if Mewtwo had a feminine voice when he was younger, then the change in voice is reflecting a "rebirth" in some way (in other words the "Awakening").
Welp, guess that theory can be shut down. :p

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I really can't imagine Morikubo-san doing a young boy's voice, considering his work.

The new voice to me doesn't really sound bad at all. Maybe unfitting for some, but not me, since Mewtwo is no longer the same intimidating creature we met in the first movie.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: Have you seen the newest pokemon that looks like Mewtwo but with headphones and the tail attached to his/her head?
Because I have a strong feeling it will be in the next SSB instead of Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope we get both in.

'Bulky' regular Mewtwo. Playing as a strong, fast, semi-heavy weight.
And 'Light' Mewtwo, a Glass Cannon, combo- orientated character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I want to see them both in and I have a feeling we'd get both. They should just do a Zelda/Sheik or Samus/Zero Suit Samus type transformation and everything should be fine.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Considering the transformation takes 5 seconds it's probably going to be a Zelda/Shiek like transformation.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Considering the transformation takes 5 seconds it's probably going to be a Zelda/Shiek like transformation.
I have no idea what kind of twisted logic you used to make a bold assumption like that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wouldn't mind either way. Disable was a pretty rubbish move so I wouldn't weep it's loss but if it isn't the Final Smash what should be?

D

Deleted member

I really don't think it should be like Sheilda.

Nor do I think it should be like Zero Suit Samus.

Nor even like Giga Bowser/Wario-Man.

I think it should have it's own unique system entirely. Since it's Mewtwo's "awakened" state, why not have it be an optional transformation using a secret command (like the one to turn to Zero Suit in a match without a Smash Ball) when Mewtwo is doing poorly in a match?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
^That makes me think if they will put something like transforming into Newtwo when Mewtwo's damage crosses some "x" percent.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure about that. My feeling is that Newtwo will be a one-way transformation in Smash, so you'd have to do really bad to warrant it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't like the idea of the transformation being situational. I'd rather have the free will to change forms, so that way, players don't have to worry about having to adapt to both of them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But Zero Suit Samus works fine the way she does. :zerosuitsamus:

D

Deleted member

I don't like the idea of the transformation being situational. I'd rather have the free will to change forms, so that way, players don't have to worry about having to adapt to both of them.
Except that my idea isn't situational; it's optional.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
But Zero Suit Samus works fine the way she does. :zerosuitsamus:
But she could work better with a switch that she can use whenever she wants, not a one way trick that will force her possibly regret getting the smash ball if the player isnt adept with both versions. Much in the same way mewtwo shouldnt have to get a smash ball to gain access to the rest of him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The way I see it, double characters are EXTREMELY unbalanced.

Compare Melee Zelda to Melee Sheik.
Now compare Brawl Samus to Brawl Zero Suit Samus.

Notice something?

If Mewtwo's new form is the faster of the two, it's gonna be a High Tier or possibly Top Tier character while Basic Mewtwo will continue to suck.

No Down B transformation please oh Mighty Master Hand please don't...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just because a character has transformations doesn't necessarily mean that one of the forms is going to be terrible though.

For instance, Mewtwo's normal forme would be heavy, fairly slow, and offer strong single blow offenses. Whereas, Mewtwo's awakened forme would be lighter, faster, and would focus more on racking up damage, instead of delivering strong single blows.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For instance, Mewtwo's normal forme would be heavy, fairly slow, and offer strong single blow offenses. Whereas, Mewtwo's awakened forme would be lighter, faster, and would focus more on racking up damage, instead of delivering strong single blows.
That already happened with Zelda/Sheik, and look what happened because of it. Even after rebalancing in Brawl, Sheik is still preferred over Zelda despite the former being nerfed and the latter being buffed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's not the real problem though. It's the game play mechanics that are the issue.

Also, last I've checked, Zelda and Sheik have the exact same weight, whereas, Mewtwo's two formes would actually have drastic weight differences.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's not the real problem though. It's the game play mechanics that are the issue.

Also, last I've checked, Zelda and Sheik have the exact same weight, whereas, Mewtwo's two formes would actually have drastic weight differences.
True... never thought about it that way. If they keep a 'floaty' Mewtwo, it may not be a complete problem..... maybe.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
I'm with SmashChu on this one. The forme is kind of a hit to his legacy. Its body is disproportionate, and it is not at all menacing. It detracts from Mewtwo's overall great design. They should keep it out of his moveset.

I could see it as a plot device in the story mode or something... Mewtwo's forme is 're-awakened' when he becomes possessed by the ****ty Character Design Demon and becomes the new antagonist.

...On second thought they should just neglect to include this forme entirely... please.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I agree that vanilla Mewtwo looks better than the new forme, but still I want the new forme to be included preferably as a Final Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** the new form of Mewtwo.

You know what would be awesome?

Mewtwo's Neurtal Air able to combo to his Forward Aerial.

At every precent.

Prepare to ragequit vs Mewtwo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yes, balance can become a huge issue with the concept. It has already happened to Zelda/Shiek and Samus/Zamus, and it's most likely going to happen again.

I meant it LOOKS awful.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I don't find it ugly. Even if I did I wouldn't say it shouldn't be in smash. I

•Col•

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel if Mewtwo's awakened form got into the game (as well has his normal form), but had Lucario's moveset while Lucario was cut. His Normal form would still have his good ol' Melee moveset. Not saying it should happen or is likely to (I REALLY wouldn't want this to happen), but how would you feel about it?

D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if Mewtwo's awakened form got into the game (as well has his normal form), but had Lucario's moveset while Lucario was cut. His Normal form would still have his good ol' Melee moveset. Not saying it should happen or is likely to (I REALLY wouldn't want this to happen), but how would you feel about it?
I'd be angered.
Not only would Mewtwo not be revamped to be better than his Melee self, but now Lucario has an unworthy replacement.
Revamped Mewtwo w/ optional Awakened Mewtwo form when doing poorly in a match pl0x.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't exactly like the idea of giving Mewtwo any Aura mechanics, as that would heavily hinder its KO potential when leading a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom