• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In PAL his weight was also buffed. But his roll, throws, shield, jumping and recovering stats are really awesome. All he needs is more speed. Actually, his speed and weight should be like Charizard's. Maybe heavier and a little slower though (speaking of basic Mewtwo here). Hope they keep the postive parts about his stats though. And just add in range, priority, speed, knockback, higher damage output, improve hitboxes and get rid of the hitbox of the tail and he'd be fine already.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's apperantly a good Christian though, so make out of that as you like. :smirk:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well it's ironic, considering churches/religious groups' previous takes on Pokemon in general. I guess the most badass Pokemon of them all somehow showed some of them the light.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well it's ironic, considering churches/religious groups' previous takes on Pokemon in general. I guess the most badass Pokemon of them all somehow showed some of them the light.
Badassery is known to have a powerful impact on common mortals. :troll:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is a hodge-podge of really good moves hampered by god-awful stats.
Though Side B and Down B certainly aren't good moves. But for the most part, M2 would be 20 times better with some hurtbox/hitbox cleanup, a little more weight, a little more speed, and, IMO, an increase in hitbox range- he IS psychic after all. New Side/Down B would be the icing on the cake.
Edit: God I hate how slow typing on Mobile is.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Psycho Cut and Psyshock: Likely to be used as new specials or final smashes.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I recall Psycho Cut being popular on fan movesets since right after Gen IV. I personally think we may very well see some new Gen VI moves.

Psystrike is all but a given, considering it's his unique/signature move. I'd personally like seeing Electro Ball/Aura Sphere variants to Shadow Ball. If nothing else, I'd like for them to incorporate more actual moves into his non-Specials. F-throw and ShadowClaw immediately come to mind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Though Side B and Down B certainly aren't good moves. But for the most part, M2 would be 20 times better with some hurtbox/hitbox cleanup, a little more weight, a little more speed, and, IMO, an increase in hitbox range- he IS psychic after all. New Side/Down B would be the icing on the cake.
Edit: God I hate how slow typing on Mobile is.

This has always bothered me to. Why does a psychic have such horrible hitboxes?

Psycho Cut has always been a popular new idea for Side B yeah. But I much better like the idea of Psychic, and it being a powerful ranged command grab, and can actually reflect projectiles. Basically Confusion x 3.

Psystrike will most likely be his Final Smash yes. Unless it involves his Awakening form.

Also to go on on what I said earlier: "Theology Secretary for the Church of England Anne Richards described Mewtwo as representing a "parable about the pointlessness of force", and praised the character for displaying the Christian value of redemption.[58] "

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I said Psyshock, but I meant Psystrike.

Psyshock is just a weaker Psystrike.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I only like the idea of Psycho Cut being a special or side special because I've always been fond of the idea of him having a psionic blade/weapon of some kind, but if there's something better for him to have from gen 6 I'd be all for that too.

Oh, and I thought Psychic was one of his throw moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would probably be Up Throw then. I even hope that one gets a buff to be honest ^^ And since in Brawl fallspeeds didn't really mather much in terms of preventing Star KOs (like in Melee, spacies and Falcon be damned) I think the move would've been a lot stronger in Brawl already.

And since this thread is getting more attention lately, let me repost some Melee SD Remix stuff. Where Mewtwo is already buffed up signnificantly.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I only like the idea of Psycho Cut being a special or side special because I've always been fond of the idea of him having a psionic blade/weapon of some kind, but if there's something better for him to have from gen 6 I'd be all for that too.

Oh, and I thought Psychic was one of his throw moves.

Psionic blade, eh?

Mewtwo's newest form.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Would probably be Up Throw then. I even hope that one gets a buff to be honest ^^
So do I. Having the strongest Up and second strongest Back Throw is not enough. We must crush the competition entirely! We must have twice as strong a throw as anyone else! And then, my friend, we can rule the world!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So do I. Having the strongest Up and second strongest Back Throw is not enough. We must crush the competition entirely! We must have twice as strong a throw as anyone else! And then, my friend, we can rule the world!

Forgot to mention he needs an aerial grab special. Something akin to doing a Psychic Suplex.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He needs insane grab reach to. Like, Link or Samus' grab range but faster. :evil:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I mean, he's psychic... I think we can all agree that pushing the grab button should just start telekinetically moving all the objects on stage.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mewtwo will definitely have an infinite grab range. Mewtwo for God Tier. :150:

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Repost from another forum I posted something like this on.
I hope Mewtwo is in Smash 4. I played the **** out of him in Melee. I think he was my main, though I don't know because back then, I was a kid, so I didn't grasp the concepts of "mains".
When I heard that Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, I was pretty disappointed. I played as Lucario in his place, but Lucario just couldn't fill the void left by Mewtwo. His blue balls couldn't compare to Mewtwo's purple balls.
I love you, Mewtwo
I miss you baby :(
I want your purple balls back in my life

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Best regards folks. We may see Mewtwo in a few hours. We may not. If we don't let's hope we see him in the future as a big reveal.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'd say MewTwo has a decent chance of a reveal just for his sheer demand which outshines any other character in both Japan and the west.

One thing that could theoretically work against him though is if the transformation news got to Sakurai after he had already planned the characters meaning his new form isn't ready yet.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd say MewTwo has a decent chance of a reveal just for his sheer demand which outshines any other character in both Japan and the west.

One thing that could theoretically work against him though is if the transformation news got to Sakurai after he had already planned the characters meaning his new form isn't ready yet.

I want the trailer to end with it going dark then... cue Mewtwo's evil laugh.

... also I wouldn't mind if Mewtwo got in with literally no mentioned of his new form.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yeah, me neither. The new form just seems unneeded, though I appreciate the fact that Game Freak is using it to bring the old cat back into the spotlight.

They've been winding up Mewtwo hype for a while, really:

A few small references in the movies or anime (mostly enigmatic clips in the intros)
Game events to get Mewtwo
TCG Specials (New cards, Tin, Collectors pack)
A new form
A new movie

I think Mewtwo reappearing in Smash is part of this.

It's been a long time since I was the target demographic for Pokemon. I just hope the Pokemon kids of today like Mewtwo as much as I did, though they will likely never know him as the vengeful Frankenstein-esque villain I was so impressed by.

20 minutes until Nintendo Direct.

My body is ready.

bobadz

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/RichIGN

Q: How does Mewtwo change form? Do you want him in Smash? A: -long pause- Can't explain "Mewthree" Pokemon. Can't talk about other games

Sakurai just chimed in (joking) - "We're thinking about it."

Steelia

Smash Champion
"Can't explain" when the trailers we have for the 16th movie did it just fine. Come now, Game Freak. The internet exists. ;)

So far, the 6th generation hasn't produced any solid mascots (compared to when Lucario and Zoroark were introduced for their generations), outside of Mewtwo in his new forme. It'd be unwise not to use Mewtwo's popularity and new-found forme as a marketing advantage in SSBWU/3DS. Because really, becoming a marketing tool is what the Smash series is turning into.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Mewtwo not being in the trailer was a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Sakurai's post seems to imply that they haven't even decided on the full roster yet.

Things are very up in the air.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman

Sakurai's post seems to imply that they haven't even decided on the full roster yet.

Things are very up in the air.

Hasn't decide the whole cast but wasn't hesitant to put Wii Fit Trainer in there. :V We can never know what's going on in his f***ed up head.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Looking at all the comments, I wonder what peoples reactions will be once they realize that he's getting another 2nd form...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Jesus, Sakurai. If you're going to troll us, use somebody more interesting than Wii Fit Trainer.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Actually, I'm kind of glad he didn't show up in the trailer... Else he would've been completely overshadowed by the juggernaut that is Mega Man. This gives him the chance to have his own small teaser trailer to himself, versus having his introduction invaded by Villager and Mega Man's appearances.
...Or, you know, Sakurai will just make a casual smashbros.com update with him. Either or works.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
"Hey guys.

Mewtwo's in.

No biggie.

Just an average day on the Smash Website."

(It's good to talk to you again, Steelia.)

Steelia

Smash Champion

Hickory

Smash Cadet
There's apparently going to be another form revealed, so I'd say the chances of his return are pretty high.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Where'd you get that info?
It's an unconfirmed rumor. Judging from the 16th movie, and the scans of the manga, there hasn't been any indication that Mewtwo will have another forme... though Game Freak could always have a few surprises.

Source comes from here: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information
The site owner was emailed by a random source with this info. The same source sent in other stuff, which turned out to be true, months in advance of their reveals. So... who knows.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If he does have another new form, I wonder if I'll end up liking it better than his Awakened form, or what the general consensus will be as far as what's more likable between the two new forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom