• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Why would people laugh at asking about Mewtwo being in Smash Bros 4?! And I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't already considered Mewtwo, he's a pokemon whose popularity just keeps going up and up as years go on, he's relevant to the franchise again with his new form in the 6th gen, and is incredibly popular. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure Sakurai is well aware of how upset people were that he wasn't in Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not. it's a forme.

It's even called "Awakened Forme". It's not that stupid "Mewthree" name idiots keep spewing out.

It's Awakened Mewtwo.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Interesting in that case im all on the idea of having it a costume i also would love to see mew as a pokeball pokemoon again

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hey where is this quote from? Can you link me to the source?

Also this is great news for Mewtwo! This game has been in development for a long time, the roster is more or less finalized. Sakurai saying "we are considering it" is the only way to not get in trouble with anyone. Mewtwo is in.

If there will be any last minute Sonic like inclusions or Pichu like padding then I say Mewtwo's chances are great.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205690

done and done.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not. it's a forme.

It's even called "Awakened Forme". It's not that stupid "Mewthree" name idiots keep spewing out.

It's Awakened Mewtwo.
There is no real proof of that yet. The pokemon company refuse to acknowledge that assumption.

It IS after all, an assumption

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'd rather have Mewtwo alternate between his classic and new form exactly like Samus and ZSS.
Everyone wins :grin:

Steelia

Smash Champion
There is no real proof of that yet. The pokemon company refuse to acknowledge that assumption.

PUSA refuses to acknowledge it. But in Japan, it's already widely known. He can even transform from and to his two formes at will, as featured in trailers, movie summaries, and the manga tie-in: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bdea76143acda96aa6a391dbc9784546/tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg

In any case, seriously glad to hear this news. Mewtwo fills all the criteria, being popular, modern, unique, and highly-requested due to his cut from SSBB.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
): I like Mewthree.
Well you're an old hamster. D<

Get a load of THIS Slowpoke. Where have you been? Seriously? It was confirmed to be a Forme months ago.

Besides, it's a Legendary. It's not Rare like Lucario and Zoroark. Legendaries don't evolve. Ever.

PUSA refuses to acknowledge it. But in Japan, it's already widely known. He can even transform from and to his two formes at will, as featured in trailers, movie summaries, and the manga tie-in: http://25.media.tumblr.com/bdea76143acda96aa6a391dbc9784546/tumblr_mobh6lPcug1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg

In any case, seriously glad to hear this news. Mewtwo fills all the criteria, being popular, modern, unique, and highly-requested due to his cut from SSBB.
It's just as Steelia said here.

...Didn't know there was a manga tie-in though. I'd love to read that. o.o

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
While I imagine a vast majority of characters are added early in development, there is nothing to stop them from adding one late in the game. Sonic is the perfect example of this. Granted Mewtwo is Nintendo property, so why he would enter development late I don't know, but I'm sure there are possible reasons. Alternatively it could just mean that he is in the game, but isn't fully developed yet, and Sakurai's not sure if he'll be finished on time. Sakurai seems to be pretty worried about time this time around, which is interesting as they haven't given a solid deadline, and few would mind a delay too much.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
It's rather strange actually, it is confirmed that it is some sort of new forme.. but if you listen to their wording, they never actually say that is is Mewtwo...

There's a little bit on one-two going on around there...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well you're an old hamster. D<

Get a load of THIS Slowpoke. Where have you been? Seriously? It was confirmed to be a Forme months ago.

Besides, it's a Legendary. It's not Rare like Lucario and Zoroark. Legendaries don't evolve. Ever.

It's just as Steelia said here.

...Didn't know there was a manga tie-in though. I'd love to read that. o.o
Where was it officially confirmed to be a form change?

Link ANY official site, and not fan speculation

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Where was it officially confirmed to be a form change?

Link ANY official site, and not fan speculation

I believe the new movie has confirmed it, considering its centered around Mewtwo, and his new form is officially called his "Awakening Form". The official websites were hesitant to post this because they didn't want to 100% spoil that plot twist for the movie, but its pretty much common knowledge among fans that its a form change. So much so that most pokemon sites like Serebii, Psypokes and Bulbapedia, which normally do not allow speculation posts, have posted it as confirmed.

Besides, you'd have to be daft to not know that its a form of Mewtwo when the movie is called "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens!". That pretty much confirms it right there. It COULD be an evolution, but that'd be beyond stupid considering base Mewtwo is already leagues above 99% of pokemon, and an evolution would make him have a higher BST than the pokemon GOD.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe the new movie has confirmed it, considering its centered around Mewtwo, and his new form is officially called his "Awakening Form". The official websites were hesitant to post this because they didn't want to 100% spoil that plot twist for the movie, but its pretty much common knowledge among fans that its a form change. So much so that most pokemon sites like Serebii, Psypokes and Bulbapedia, which normally do not allow speculation posts, have posted it as confirmed.

Besides, you'd have to be daft to not know that its a form of Mewtwo when the movie is called "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens!". That pretty much confirms it right there. It COULD be an evolution, but that'd be beyond stupid considering base Mewtwo is already leagues above 99% of pokemon, and an evolution would make him have a higher BST than the pokemon GOD.
Yeah that's what it is, but it hasn't been confirmed by any official source

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Hoping Mewtwo's new movie does not suck straws.
Also I'd like to see some edits
More weight
Faster D smash
D smash to d air into d throw into d smash combo
Longer Up b
Stronger N b
Longer D b
New S b, Zen Head-butt
An Final Smash Psystrike
:mewtwomelee:'s return for SSB on Wii U & 3DS

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I need people to notice this more:

I'm down with any chances they did in this. Except I'd make Mewtwo ever heavier. His speed being around the same as Pikachu's is awesome though, as are his buffed Smashes and aerials.

D

Deleted member 212841

Personally, I'd like to see Mewtwo/Spermtwo be just costume changes. They could easily revamp him like they did with Bowser and do something similar to what they did with Megaman. I mean, they could drop all the tail attacks and replace them with actual psychic attacks much like Megaman does all sorts of shooting and very little actual punching/kicking.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe they could do that, but I think the forms have significant stat changes. If looks are anything to go by, regular Mewtwo would probably be like the 'Zelda' and Awakening Mewtwo would be like the 'Sheik'. Rough comparision though.

D

Deleted member

We have visuals of Mewtwo transforming into its new form (even a damn video) and transforming out of it (in the manga tie-in).
The movie is about Mewtwo 'awakening' its hidden power, and there's even going to be a prologue anime special that shows how Mewtwo obtained the form.

Anyone who doesn't get that it's a new form by now is stupid, and I mean full offense on that statement.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
i dont come here at all but i was meaning to drop by..mainly because the thread is out the way and because i see Mewtwo as a shoe-in well wayyy more realistic chance of him getting in then the other BiG 2...

I heavily support mewtwo returning he defo be one of my mains.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We have visuals of Mewtwo transforming into its new form (even a damn video) and transforming out of it (in the manga tie-in).
The movie is about Mewtwo 'awakening' its hidden power, and there's even going to be a prologue anime special that shows how Mewtwo obtained the form.

Anyone who doesn't get that it's a new form by now is stupid, and I mean full offense on that statement.
Vids of this?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If we get fighter-confirming leaks for SSB4 like we did during Brawl's development, I hope that Mewtwo is among them.

D

Deleted member

Vids of this?
....You're seriously asking for a video where he transforms?
Have you not even seen the 2nd trailer from a few months back?

The Pokémon Company even made a video of just the transformation sequence.

EDIT: If you're talking about a video of the prologue, there is none.
Or more specifically, there isn't one currently; there was one for advertisement, but it was taken down.
But there are images of it, and it has been brought up before:
Side note -

"An anime feature titled Mewtwo - The Prologue To Its Awakening will air on Thursday, July 11, 2013, two days before the debut of the sixteenth movie. It will air on TV Tokyo."

http://generationpokemon.net/pokemon-news/new-mewtwo-prologue-to-air-july-2013/

This gives me a total "Birth of Mewtwo"-esque prologue that was used for Mewtwo Strikes Back. Awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohh that video, was thinking you where talking about a gameplay vid. My bad. Haven't seen that scan though.

I guess this does mean that a interswitching Mewtwo with his Awakening Form should and could be considered for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Knowing how Sakurai tries to take unique routes with this type of gimmick, I'm half-expecting Awakened Mewtwo to be turned into a reward for doing well in a match.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aka 'evolution' something which you thought was totally lame when I brought it up for Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu? ;)

I hope it's gonna be Final Smash related like ZSS.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I think he meant more as a "reward over time" mechanic, similar to Wario's fart charge or Lucario's aura. Like maybe if Mewtwo ever gets a certain amount of damage ahead/behind the opponent he changes to Awakened form.
That sounds overly complicated, but I imagine something similar could possibly work.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
I can't see Mewtwo being included unless he goes either Samus/ZSS or Sheik/Zelda between his transforms. That's the only thing which would make sense.

And I'd like to see some different moves being used this time. In the Pokémon series, he learns a very wide variety of moves. Imagine how epic would it be if he had stuff like Focus Punch (falcon punch, anyone?) and Fire Blast in his SSB4 moveset.

D

Deleted member

Aka 'evolution' something which you thought was totally lame when I brought it up for Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu? ;)
No, different thing entirely.
The system I had in mind is that a player is given the option to change into Awakened Forme as a reward for doing exceptionally well in the match. With a special button command, Mewtwo transforms into a stronger, faster character. The downside is that he's now lighter and easier to KO, turning him into a Glass Cannon.
If Awakened Mewtwo is KO'd, he respawns as regular Mewtwo, and cannot transform again until the requirements for the reward are met again.

Conversely, there is also the additional idea similar to a Pity Final Smash, in that if a player is doing exceptionally bad, they will respawn next time they are KO'd as Awakened Mewtwo (but will once again respawn as regular Mewtwo if KO'd again).

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Mewtwo, and his "new" form added to the game. But since he was removed from Brawl, and a new generation is in the horizon, I sadly doubt it.
That said, IF he is added back, his final smash should be 'evolving' to his form and using a powerful attack; similar to Samus'. Now, if the final smash is used a second time, just a powerful attack happens and no devolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom