• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Shulk probably.Rayman ubisoft given model...Sakurai what are you saying!?

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I'm honestly thinking its Rayman's reveal.
Knowing how HARD AND EXPENSIVE it is for ubisoft to make models they wouldn't waste it on a trophy.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Would Mewtwo's B move be different since Lucario stole it? Sakurai is so against clones.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Yes he is. In the manga it's confirmed. In the anime series it's forever an unsolved mystery. ;_;
In the manga he is. In the games and movies, it's never explicitly stated where the source of Mewtwo's non-Mew DNA comes from. It's certainly possible to be a unified theory. Nothing to the contrary has ever been said, to my knowledge, though nothing has been said to confirm it, either.

The whole "Mew gave birth to Mewtwo" thing from Red and Blue was retconned out, for one. And even if it were still true, who then is Mewtwo's father?
I usally don't follow manga, so I never consider it when discussing canon :p
You don't have to, I don't, but it's the only explanation given in any Pokemon canon. And makes sense in my opinion given his physiology.
So I've been told :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes he is. In the manga it's confirmed. In the anime series it's forever an unsolved mystery. ;_;
Just because he is in Pokemon Adventures canon does not mean it's the case in other media. The original games have him born from Mew while the anime has him grown in a tube.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Just because he is in Pokemon Adventures canon does not mean it's the case in other media. The original games have him born from Mew while the anime has him grown in a tube.
Obviously?

The fact is, he is part human in ONE part of the franchise that's canon. It doesn't really matter if it doesn't apply to the games or the anime. :p

I wasn't even referring to those in the first place anyway, this is just in regards to the Adventures manga.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Agreed, canon varies between different media, but they all pretty much point in the same direction. Mewtwo's a genetically engineered Pokemon. The other details can be complementary if you wish them to be so.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This is off-topic to say in a Mewtwo Appreciation Support Thread, but if Rayman of all playable characters gets in. . .I won't know how to react to that reveal:ohwell:. . .if that happens then a Digimon (Agumon) is just as possible to be in SSB4 thanks to Bandai Namco also developing the game with Sakurai.

Getting back on-topic I'm gonna throw it out there & ask if it's worth watching the Genesect movie guys. I haven't seen it & feel like I must.:shades:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
This is off-topic to say in a Mewtwo Appreciation Support Thread, but if Rayman of all playable characters gets in. . .I won't know how to react to that reveal:ohwell:. . .if that happens then a Digimon (Agumon) is just as possible to be in SSB4 thanks to Bandai Namco also developing the game with Sakurai.
Well, (A) We know that there are only a few newcomers left. (B) As far as I know, Rayman is one of the few iconic titles that Ubisoft has released for current gen Nintendo systems. It wouldn't not make sense if Rayman was in. Digimon would be a stretch. It's not just random selection.

Getting back on-topic I'm gonna throw it out there & ask if it's worth watching the Genesect movie guys. I haven't seen it & feel like I must.:shades:
Depends. If you like kids movies, then maybe. There's not really anything there for adults to enjoy like say, compared to Disney/Pixar animated films. It's cliche, but seeing Mega Mewtwo Y is cool. ;)

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
This is off-topic to say in a Mewtwo Appreciation Support Thread, but if Rayman of all playable characters gets in. . .I won't know how to react to that reveal
I would be extremely hyped he is a good choice and honestly he has barely any hate.

I didn't like it much, some of the scenes were cool but other then that it wasn't that good.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Rayman would be a very nice character, in fact, he'd probably get alot more attention if he wasn't a third party character!

On to Mewtwo, funny thing is, none of the cannons have actually fully contradicted each other. So really, all of them could be technically correct. (Mind you I haven't seen the full opening of the first movie, as I've never seen the Japanese dub)

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Sakurai is trolling us with the Rayman trophy to get us all hyped as heck. I'm still thinking Shulk. Although Rayman would be a big announcement as Sakurai hinted that it was going to be a big announcement. Honestly Mewtwo probably won't be revealed today.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Rayman...I goddamn love you as a character, you're nostalgia incarnate...but why'd ya have to butt in on MY Mewtwo theories ;_;

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I personally didn't like it for 2 reasons:

1) Mewtwo's voice
2) Childish themes (basically there are 5 Genesect and one gets left behind. Ash and friends have to bring said Genesect back to it's "family" because it is sad that they forgot about it. Then the other Genesect try to murder the sad Genesect)

I did enjoy it but only because of the 4 "evil" Genesect that were total badasses. It can get hard to follow at times, but it is worth watching just for the experience. Maybe put it on in the background of when you're on the internet. It's definitely not something you should camp out with popcorn for, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Can you tolerate Femtwo and family morals?

GOOD, THIS MOVIE'S FOR YOU

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Fire Emblem? Lucina. CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!!! ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHROM!!!!!

That was awesome. But hey there's always next time guys :)

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That was incredibly underwhelming. So is that like 5 FE Reps now?

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
What the h*** man, the video got 10 seconds in and froze up....couldnt acess smashboards or smashbros.....managed to get the video to load 2 seconds of falcon, and a few anime characters I know jack about, only for the stream to freeze again!!!!! and NO MEWTWO.....
sakurai....come a little closer....

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm still waiting on the website hoping for some chance that there's something else for us here. (The stream hasn't rendered as ending yet on my browser...)

Also

What the h*** man, the video got 10 seconds in and froze up....couldnt acess smashboards or smashbros.....managed to get the video to load 2 seconds of falcon, and a few anime characters I know jack about, only for the stream to freeze again!!!!! and NO MEWTWO.....

There ye go.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It was Lucina and Captain Falcon fighting, then Robin stepped in with his magics. Then a moveset demo for Lucina and Robin. Then a Chrom troll. Then a Chrom reveal. Then a female Robin alt costume.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Welp, my theories are pretty much dead. Only one remains, and now that's extremely unlikely.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I'm still waiting on the website hoping for some chance that there's something else for us here. (The stream hasn't rendered as ending yet on my browser...)

Also

There ye go.
It was Lucina and Captain Falcon fighting, then Robin stepped in with his magics. Then a moveset demo for Lucina and Robin. Then a Chrom troll. Then a Chrom reveal. Then a female Robin alt costume.
Thanks...barley accesing both sites, so sorry if replies are so spaced out

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH.

I just realized!

Chrom is not playable! Gematsu leak deconfirmed!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I just realized!

Yes he is. At the end of the trailer.

Chrom, "I suppose I'll get my chance.. another day.."

Trailer caption, "No. You'll get it today."

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
:facepalm:

No he isn't. That's what I thought at first, but he's actually a part of Robins Final Smash. Look closely. Look really closely. I'm failing to find the Chrom here or here.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
You know, despite the fact that Mewtwo wasn't shown I'm confident he'll be in the game. I mean did anyone guess that Robin AND Lucina would be on the roster? And Lucina does have her own slot, she's not a costume.

Chrom only shows in Robin's FS. He doesn't look playable...

Edited: Greninja'd...

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Barely fell asleep but watched it JUST NOW! :shades:
:love:Honestly give no ****s the moment Captain Falcon was revealed here<3
Sorry Mewtwo, you'll have to wait.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Nope - Chrom is apart of Robin's Final Smash. When the main site stops lagging like Crashboards, you should be able to see it:

It was no Mewtwo, Ridley or K. Rool, but at the same time it was pretty great.

I just realized!

Gematsu also reported in yesterday saying we'd see Shulk today... so... yeah :d

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom