• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
But the sad part is the users thinks mewtwo is impossible to be with shulk due to the armor in 1 appearance

And this veteran a better shot of being with shulk
Yeah I was in the monday character thread, so I saw most of the comments. What bothers me is people discard it that easily, yet don't think about Mario's USA costume, Link's SS garb, or even ROB himself which were one shots for the most part. If Sakurai wants to use something what's stopping him really? I think the armor was iconic enough to get an alt if Mewtwo is included.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think it would be cool if Solid Snake and Mewtwo were both in SSBU/3DS. And in one of Snake's Codecs with Dr. Naomi Hunter she would tell them that Snake & Mewtwo have Genetic Similarities.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think it would be cool if Solid Snake and Mewtwo were both in SSBU/3DS. And in one of Snake's Codecs with Dr. Naomi Hunter she would tell them that Snake & Mewtwo have Genetic Similarities.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Any of you who think that Mewtwo might be revealed after the SSBM EVO Finals, the finals are starting soon. Like now! http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Reggie was just on the stream! He wished them good luck! This could be a thing!

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Any of you who think that Mewtwo might be revealed after the SSBM EVO Finals, the finals are starting soon. Like now!

Reggie was just on the stream! He wished them good luck! This could be a thing!
"It's time a Pokemon character who didn't make it into the Brawl was announced for Super Smash Bros. for 3ds and WiiU"
PICHU SPARKS INTO BATTLE

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You're new here (here being the Mewtwo thread (as of late I didn't read the first few)). Go ahead and give us some thought.
Well, Sakurai said new Challenger, and not newCOMER, so it could be a either veteran or a newcomer.
...Which means Mr. Game & Watch has a chance. :troll:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
"It's time a Pokemon character who didn't make it into the Brawl was announced for Super Smash Bros. for ads and WiiU"
PICHU SPARKS INTO BATTLE
I'm sorry, but I would not even be disappointed if this happens. Pichu <3

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
For anyone who didn't see Reggie, this is what it was like (not that any of you care) :

He was talking about how one day he may just challenge "you" to the 3DS version which releases in October.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
For anyone who didn't see Reggie, this is what it was like (not that any of you care) :

He was talking about how one day he may just challenge "you" to the 3DS version which releases in October.
fite me irl reggi

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm confused as to how Mewtwo can mega evolve on its own without a trainer in the movie.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
lol page 125 crashed my phone's browser. Let's not go insane with images and videos this page, eh?

Not really related to Mewtwo, but M2K had some amazing matches yesterday. He looks to be at the top of his game. Haven't seen his battles today, since I can only watch the Youtube replays. Hope he takes it home this time.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
sorry gotta stop you there, no he isn't :p
In the manga he is. In the games and movies, it's never explicitly stated where the source of Mewtwo's non-Mew DNA comes from. It's certainly possible to be a unified theory. Nothing to the contrary has ever been said, to my knowledge, though nothing has been said to confirm it, either.

The whole "Mew gave birth to Mewtwo" thing from Red and Blue was retconned out, for one. And even if it were still true, who then is Mewtwo's father?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
sorry gotta stop you there, no he isn't :p
Blaine made him with part of his DNA and Mew's :p

Welp, Evo's announcements did not include any new characters, unfortunately. :(
What a let down! No offense to Prog. But that was not the announcement I was looking forward to. I was at least hoping it would be game-related.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
In the manga he is. In the games and movies, it's never explicitly stated where the source of Mewtwo's non-Mew DNA comes from. It's certainly possible to be a unified theory. Nothing to the contrary has ever been said, to my knowledge, though nothing has been said to confirm it, either.

The whole "Mew gave birth to Mewtwo" thing from Red and Blue was retconned out, for one. And even if it were still true, who then is Mewtwo's father?
I usally don't follow manga, so I never consider it when discussing canon :p

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
No. If it didn't include Mewtwo in some way, that is.

Have you lost faith to the point that your dreams follow suit? :troll:

Jk lol
It wasn't a whole trailer it was weird,it was more like just a glimpse of Shulk and Shulk's face as a challenger approaching on the site...No Mewtwo.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't want to get my hopes up for this...
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Shulk, and I honestly don't want it to be simply because he's something we already know for a fact we're getting. A surprise would be nice.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
As much as i want Mewtwo to return, im sure we won't see him tomorrow. Although, the fact that he now has a Mega Evolution increases his chances. Sakurai even said "We're thinking about it."

It wasn't a whole trailer it was weird,it was more like just a glimpse of Shulk and Shulk's face as a challenger approaching on the site...No Mewtwo.
Odd...last night i had a dream i was having tea with Sakurai duscussing new characters. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Yay tea!Lol.

Friday the 18th is unofficial Mewtwo day!Someone make this official somewhere!

D

Deleted member

Incredibly unlikely, but I'm still banking on Mewtwo having a reveal in the basically inevitable Shulk Trailer tomorrow.

After all, Charizard's appearance wasn't leaked for Greninja's trailer when Gematsu said we'd get a "Pokemon from X and Y").

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sal Romano has spoken: today is Monado Monday.

This ought to be a lot of fun! Guess I'll watch the trailer on my lunch break :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom