• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Double Posting Warning Received
I Give credit where credit is due, I believe this forum is the quickest to pick up facts, and the smartest because they use them correctly. Which in turn makes it feel like watching a drag race.

I'd actually be happy to receive not only Mewtwo, but Roy as well. I loved them both. I just hope Roy is given a unique set of attacks this time around.
Yeah, but id still rather see a FEA character first. Not that I hate Roy or anything like that, i'd still accept him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
You know what'd be awesome. All the characters coming back from Melee and Brawl. Crazy? Yes. Probable? Very, very slim chance. But awesome? Yes. It would please a lot of fans.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know what'd be awesome. All the characters coming back from Melee and Brawl. Crazy? Yes. Probable? Very, very slim chance. But awesome? Yes. It would please a lot of fans.
I would be truly amazed and pleased if they made Young Link and Doctor Mario skins for Toon Link and Mario respectively. Pichu could be a glorified Pikachu costume IF and only IF they give it Pichu's voice clips. I could never stand hearing Pichu saying "Pikachu" when I was using a Pichu mod. Ugh...I love Pichu, honestly....but only if done right. xD
But yeah, everything is very much doable, especially if Dark Pit turns out to be a costume.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yeah, but id still rather see a FEA character first. Not that I hate Roy or anything like that, i'd still accept him.

:shades:

A Mewtwo-Roy reveal would be the hypest thing of all time. Well, next to revealing K. Rool and Ridley or something. I still need convincing to pre-order, and that would certainly do it... which is probably why it won't happen :awesome:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Hmm well let's examine the places were the past characters were revealed and speculate if EVO is the right place.

At E3 2013 Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Pit, Kirby, and Bowser were revealed as returning veterans. Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were revealed as the Newcomers. Almost exactly a month later in July, Captain Olimar was revealed on the Official Smash Bros Website with Luigi being revealed on the Nintendo Direct in August 2013. Peach was revealed on the website in mid September. Toon Link was revealed also on the website two weeks after Peach at the end of September. Sonic was revealed at a Nintendo Direct on October 1st which was four days after the reveal of Toon Link. Marth was revealed on the website in early November. Rosalina was revealed at a Nintendo Direct in early December with Zelda being revealed on the website about two weeks later. King Dedede was revealed on the website in early January while Lucario was revealed also on the website later in January. Little Mac was revealed at a Nintendo Direct in February with Diddy Kong being revealed on the website in late February. At the April Direct completely focused on Smash Bros Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Charizard were revealed as returning characters with Greninja being the Newcomer. Ike was revealed on the website in May and a couple weeks back Mii Fighters and Palutena being revealed at the Nintendo E3 2014 Digital Event and Pac-Man being revealed at the round table. So far nothing like EVO has resulted in a character reveal but I'm still suspicious.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I sort of have an idea of what Mewtwo and Roy would be in. All the veterans have a single space while all the newcomers have three spaces so I'm guessing Mewtwo and Roy would get 2.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
About the supposed leak, I would just like to say Wario being revealed this week really isn't an impossible thing to guess. At least the Falco one was a bit unorthodox because Falco has always been a secret character.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
About the supposed leak, I would just like to say Wario being revealed this week really isn't an impossible thing to guess. At least the Falco one was a bit unorthodox because Falco has always been a secret character.
Yeah the only thing it can do is make itself "considerable".

Also is it just me or is it every time a leak is disproven with Mewtwo in it, it feels like Mewtwos chances are decreased.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but it could change. I mean, Marth has always been secret, but he was revealed early.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well let's examine the places were the past characters were revealed and speculate if EVO is the right place...

...So far nothing like EVO has resulted in a character reveal but I'm still suspicious.
On the E3 2013 we got our first reveals for Smash4. EVO 2013 didn't have Nintendo as a Sponsor and I bet they are not going to do a reveal or promote their game if they are not part of the event. After that, I don't think there was a big event that Nintendo could use to reveal stuff (I really don't know, so I could be wrong xD).

In fighting games, EVO is the big bad tourney and this time around Nintendo is involved. It's a great opportunity to hype even more the Smash community... I hope they do something related to Smash4 because I'm starving for more new info.

I'm 50/50 on this... If I were Nintendo I'd take this chance. But who knows. We could get nothing about Smash4 on EVO 2014.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Just branching off on a random tangent here, but have any of you guys seen the Dark Samus assist trophy in action? If Mewtwo played anything like that, I'd be happy. That would definitely set it apart from Lucario! They show it during day 3 of the Nintendo Treehouse E3 event. Dark Samus attacks rapidly with what could be a side B or side smash, and then summons three giant orbs that homes in on characters which what could be a neutral B. Of course, I would like to think Mewtwo's attacks would be 10x more badass than that, but just food for thought.. or fun. I'll link it here, it should start at 3:50 if it doesn't already.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Still sad to see all the wasted potential, her AT makes me think they could've done amazing things

I often speculated in pre-Brawl days that she'd get a Phazon-barrier attack that doubles as a reflector. Truth be told, I could easily see Mewtwo getting a Psychic version.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Still sad to see all the wasted potential, her AT makes me think they could've done amazing things

I often speculated in pre-Brawl days that she'd get a Phazon-barrier attack that doubles as a reflector. Truth be told, I could easily see Mewtwo getting a Psychic version.
Exactly! Just goes to show how easy it would be for them to take Mewtwo's moveset in a similar, yet different direction.

And who knows, they could have similar customizable moves for Samus :)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I think they could do plenty of things with his moveset. The only thing I can think of right off the bat that should not be included is recover.
Ah, interesting. I thought his teleport was awesome to be honest, mostly because it was fast. What would you suggest instead?

Steelia

Smash Champion
The only thing I can think of right off the bat that should not be included is recover.
If it worked similarly to Ivysaur's Synthesis in Project M, I could see it being okay. But then Mewtwo would need to have some serious problems in other areas to compensate, seeing how Ivysaur is so light and not exceptionally strong to balance it out.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Wait, are we talking about his recovery move, teleport, or the literal Pokemon move recover?

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait, are we talking about his recovery move, teleport, or the literal Pokemon move recover?
I believe that we were alluding to both. One user asserted that the only move that Mewtwo should NOT have was recover. However, we started talking about recovery moves after that.

D

Deleted member

That's true, but it could change. I mean, Marth has always been secret, but he was revealed early.
Marth has always been one of the earlier unlocks. In Brawl, he is the first hidden character you get from Subspace, and you can also get him from as few as 10 vs. matches. In Melee, you can get him in as few as 4 (if you have 4 players that pick different characters every match.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Marth has always been one of the earlier unlocks. In Brawl, he is the first hidden character you get from Subspace, and you can also get him from as few as 10 vs. matches. In Melee, you can get him in as few as 5 (if you have 4 players that pick different characters every match.)
The earliest unlocks are "subjective" they are directly dependent on the player. For instance; on one file, Mewtwo was the first character that I unlocked. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

The earliest unlocks are "subjective" they are directly dependent on the player. For instance; on one file, Mewtwo was the first character that I unlocked. :awesome:
Dedication right here.
Sometime I should restart my Melee save file and try and unlock Mr. Game & Watch first.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think they could do plenty of things with his moveset. The only thing I can think of right off the bat that should not be included is recover.
Mewtwo's moveset has a lot of room for aggressive expansion improvement. Given his wide movepool in the games, it's not hard to say that they could tweak it to include some new moves.

Morbi

Scavenger
Mewtwo's moveset has a lot of room for aggressive expansion improvement. Given his wide movepool in the games, it's not hard to say that they could tweak it to include some new moves.
It is difficult for me to envision a more aggressive Mewtwo. I have always interpreted him as a stagnant physic Pokemon, so the defensive play-style "made sense." I have no problems with him in Project M. I would not mind a few tweaks though, just for variety's sake.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It is difficult for me to envision a more aggressive Mewtwo. I have always interpreted him as a stagnant physic Pokemon, so the defensive play-style "made sense." I have no problems with him in Project M. I would not mind a few tweaks though, just for variety's sake.
The aggressive expansion thing was a reference joke :p

D

Deleted member

"Now, our operation is small, but there's always room for aggressive expansion"

probably misquoted

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
EVO would be a good place to revel Mewtwo didn't Project M revel him last year at EVO? I wonder if there going to be a demo of SSBU/3DS?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Actually, you could be on to something. They did change pit's recovery in brawl, so why not for Mewtwo? It makes more sense for a heavier character and Mewtwo to me.
When I first read this post I was thinking to myself "Mewtwo can't be that heavy" so I looked it up and apparently he's 269 pounds...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would prefer that Mewtwo keeps Teleport.

In fact, I don't want a whole lot of his moveset changed, just buffs where they are due and maybe Psystrike instead of Shadow Ball.

Also tail attacks may have to go if Mewtwo Y is the Final Smash.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would prefer that Mewtwo keeps Teleport.

In fact, I don't want a whole lot of his moveset changed, just buffs where they are due and maybe Psystrike instead of Shadow Ball.

Also tail attacks may have to go if Mewtwo Y is the Final Smash.
Not if Mewtwo-Y isn't controllable. Maybe he'll just use one ultimate attack and transform back. (I.E. Psystrike)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not if Mewtwo-Y isn't controllable. Maybe he'll just use one ultimate attack and transform back. (I.E. Psystrike)
It's possible, but based on what we've seen from Mega Evolutions in Smash, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo Y will be a controllable Final Smash.

I could be wrong though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
It's possible, but based on what we've seen from Mega Evolutions in Smash, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo Y will be a controllable Final Smash.

I could be wrong though.
I really hope you're wrong, I don't want Mega Evolutions to become the next Landmaster Fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom