• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about something... When stuff is going to be revealed, Sakurai says something the day before (or the same day) in the pic of the day. I know he said something before the Smash Direct and E3. Not sure (and I cant check in this moment) if before other Nintendo Directs he said something (like do not miss NDirect tomorrow or something).

If he says something about EVO in the pic of the day, you can be sure there is going to be a reveal.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was thinking about something... When stuff is going to be revealed, Sakurai says something the day before (or the same day) in the pic of the day. I know he said something before the Smash Direct and E3. Not sure (and I cant check in this moment) if before other Nintendo Directs he said something (like do not miss NDirect tomorrow or something).

If he says something about EVO in the pic of the day, you can be sure there is going to be a reveal.
I checked the potd theres nothing of the EVO in there.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman

he says stuff in %90 of the pics of the day, so I'm not sure what you mean.
EDIT. NVM I'm dumb, didnt read your post right :p

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Most people are saying it's fake, and it almost exactly replicates the falco rumor, so I'm not giving an inch to this rumor.
Why would anyone believe a rumor that was based on one with questionable credibility to begin with?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Most people are saying it's fake, and it almost exactly replicates the falco rumor, so I'm not giving an inch to this rumor.
Like most rumors, it would be cool if it were true, but meh, we have EVO, the Mewtwo anniversary and San Diego Comic Con to look forward to. Plenty of chances. Not even considering August and pre-September 13 announcements.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well the only other Characters (Starter wise) left to revel is Wario, Lucas and Snake

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
It's easy to make a leak. I could make one right now if I wanted too. Here's an example:

I have a friend that works at Nintendo and he said he saw a demo of the game which had a few characters playable that were not yet confirmed to the public. He told me these characters were Meta Knight, Mewtwo, The Ice Climbers, and Captain Falcon. He also said he asked what other characters would be in the game that were not in that demo and they told him a few of them which were Ness, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, Falco, and Wario. He also said a new stage was Nutty Noon from Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Grand Doomer would be a Boss Hazard on the stage.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It's easy to make a leak. I could make one right now if I wanted too. Here's an example:

I have a friend that works at Nintendo and he said he saw a demo of the game which had a few characters playable that were not yet confirmed to the public. He told me these characters were Meta Knight, Mewtwo, The Ice Climbers, and Captain Falcon. He also said he asked what other characters would be in the game that were not in that demo and they told him a few of them which were Ness, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, Falco, and Wario. He also said a new stage was Nutty Noon from Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Grand Doomer would be a Boss Hazard on the stage.
The internet said this as I'm reading it & they said this is correct? I'll humor this & my gullibility has risen further beyond!:surprised:

Edit: Some wise internet quote I remember reading years ago saying,
Believe only half of what you see, & none of what you hear

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
You know, if we saw Mewtwo and Roy come back in this game, I think it'd be awesome to have them both star in the same trailer. For returning from Melee.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
So i have to wonder if there is anybody who doesn't want mewtwo back. it seems to me that the support for his return is pretty unanimous

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
mewtwo is far and away my most wanted addition to the new smash game, i just hope sakurai loves us

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So i have to wonder if there is anybody who doesn't want mewtwo back. it seems to me that the support for his return is pretty unanimous
It comes as a shocker but I was one of those people, more like I didn't want him returning at first, & it was the time around 2008-2010 that all I saw was huge complaints of Mewtwo not returning to SSBBrawl that made me say out loud, "holy **** guys get over it he was a bad character in Melee anyways". I was disappointed at first when SSBBrawl de-confirmed his return, & I got over it but maybe I wasn't a huge mewtwo fan at the time so that's how I got over it so easy. Around 2010 I started playing Lucario in SSBBrawl & the more I was improving / learning the character it made me think back to when complaints were made firing shots against Lucario for replacing Mewtwo from SSBMelee. The more I played Lucario, the more I was missing Mewtwo oddly enough maybe I let the debates get to me. After playing Mewtwo in Project M, re-vamped looking & playing better than ever it sparked a kin-ship with the character again giving me thoughts of watching Mewtwo movies again n such, I wanted Mewtwo back in badly after that, & all this tension / excitement only increases that want.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm still holding onto Evo announcments, but the similarities to the falco rumor killed this one for me days ago :p
Same! Unless the next rumors provide unpredictable game content (like how Gematsu's WFT, Palutena, etc.) I'm just gonna call BS early. ESPECIALLY if towards the end it says something like "I can't prove that my source is legitimate", which is the biggest red flag evarrr.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, is there any chance that the new character reveal on Monday could be Mewtwo?

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
there's no guarantee a reveal will happen. for all we know "announcments" could just be reffering to event related stuff at EVO.
Think he's refering to the thing on smashbros.com, that says new character intro video 7/14 at 7 am PDT, which I'm curious about what character will be shown then. Can't wait till Monday to find out what it entails, hoping it is Mewtwo, but we'll see.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Think he's refering to the thing on smashbros.com, that says new character intro video 7/14 at 7 am PDT, which I'm curious about what character will be shown then. Can't wait till Monday to find out what it entails, hoping it is Mewtwo, but we'll see.
HO-LEE-SH** thats NEW! NOW YOU GOT ME XCITED!!!!, I looked before and the pic was updated, but that wasnt there last I looked :p
So, is there any chance that the new character reveal on Monday could be Mewtwo?
In that case I'd say no, just because it says "New" fighter, not veteran..:(

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Sakurai calls it a new challenger, so I wouldn't hold out hope for Mewtwo on monday.
But just because it says 'New challenger/fighter' doesn't necessarily mean that the character has to be entirely new. I view the term 'new' in the sense of each character coming into the game is new to smash 4. You could also look at it in the sense of the other veterans that have returned. On the website, it would say 'NEW!' next to each character on their banners as they were updated. I'm confident if it were a newcomer Sakurai would have said it was a newcomer, but it says new challenger.

If Sakurai includes the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie this time, then technically she'd be a newcomer. :)

All we can do is continue to hope anyhow.

Oh and btw,

'Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live.'

Sakurai says looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash here. That means, they're not done yet, so even if it isn't Mewtwo there's still more to come. :)

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
But just because it says 'New challenger/fighter' doesn't necessarily mean that the character has to be entirely new. I view the term 'new' in the sense of each character coming into the game is new to smash 4. You could also look at it in the sense of the other veterans that have returned. On the website, it would say 'NEW!' next to each character on their banners as they were updated.

If Sakurai includes the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie this time, then technically she'd be a newcomer. :)

All we can do is continue to hope anyhow.
SheMew 0_o

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It's interesting that Sakurai call him "new challenger" and not "new comer". As we alredy saw that, when a veteran get revealed, we get a banner on the website "new challenger approching!".
Also, it makes a lot of sense to reveal Mewtwo in this way. He is more than a veteran (no Pic of the Day, it isn't enought), but he is still less than a newcomer (so no trailer on a Direct, too much), but he is also too much requested and hype-maker for being unveil...

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Im going to say its the Chorus Men since now would be the perfect time.
Leaving them till later would ruin hype while before you wouldn't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom