• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I hate to be that guy, but [citation needed], bud. "Muh patterns" is not a legitimate reason. Things could happen at EVO, or they could not. Your crystal ball is as good as mine.
citation for speculating on a video game roster? huh?

and no, your crystal ball is not as good as mine if you really think we will get two characters who werent in brawl in a 24 hour span

edit because you somehow managed to not understand me last time --- a 24 hour span in these next few days. not e3, not direct with greninja, not the last direct before the game launches. sunday and monday

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Look @ itsaxelol itsaxelol , You need to know two things before you get too flame-y on us.

1. When we refer to the Evo and the Monday release we are saying this is a POSSIBILITY that Mewtwo could be released, all right? There is a chance that freaken' Santa clause could be revealed as a new character Monday. Is it likely? No, its just speculation. But Mewtwo stands a fair chance. and two characters aren't too far off considering the large number of characters that could possibly still be revealed (40+)

2. Here in the Mewtwo support thread we believe that Mewtwo will get into smash 4 regardless, even if it takes DLC so our hopes go out to him/her making it into the main game. And hope won't really hurt us at this point so why not?

Also, try not to double post. Its considered spam and you don't want to get caught doing it. which is why posts are usually paragraphs long.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
this has been pretty civil. i dont think its anywhere near flamey

i guess i am very pessimistic compared to you guys. but as i said earlier. mewtwo was the one thing in smash 4 that i thought was 100% certain. and now that i know thats not the case, its just upsetting seeing so many people hold onto hope on things they honestly really shouldnt be. it reminds me of how i felt. you say hope wont hurt, but false hope sucks

and two characters aren't too far off considering the large number of characters that could possibly still be revealed (40+)

we didnt say two characters, we said two characters that werent in brawl. and do you really think the game has a possibility of having 70+ characters? what? lol

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
citation for speculating on a video game roster? huh?

and no, your crystal ball is not as good as mine if you really think we will get two characters who werent in brawl in a 24 hour span
I didn't say it was likely, just that it is very much possible, and keeping in step with other BIG EVENTS.

Stop trying to inflame the Mewtwo thread, please.

Mewtwo is in the most unique position of any possible character:

*He is a veteran who was cut. None of the rest of those have ever come back, but none of the rest have ever been openly given "maybes" at E3, either.

*He was planned to not be cut initially. In fact, Mewtwo was planned even for 64 and Brawl. He's obviously still on the table. They put work into creating data for him.

*He has been among the top 3 Pokemon advertised since his exclusion, and is only gaining noteriety, not losing it.

*He is not a newcomer, and so has not been leaked. Unless Gematsu comes out and says, "Mewtwo is/is not in the game," we have no confirmation either way.

*A lot of other Pokemon characters have been revealed, and so it is dubious that Mewtwo would come at a time when other medium-sized franchises (like Star Fox) only have one character revealed.

Gematsu can't kill him. Muh patterns can't slow him down. If Mewtwo doesn't show up at EVO, or at all before release, guess what? He still is a likely inclusion until we know for sure he is or isn't in the game.

Compare that to characters like Ice Climbers, or Squirtle. Some are obviously in the game, and some are obviously not. Mewtwo could easily go either way, though of course, we in this thread like to think that his chances are pretty good.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
i know, which is why it would be stupid to not have him in. stupid like our current roster of newcomers, lol

another thing. mewtwo is so badass in PM, i hope if he is in smash 4 would be able to do him justice. and not give him a female voice or anything like that..

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Even if Mewtwo isn't revealed at EVO or on Monday, there's still the August Direct. Calm your passions, guys:)

Despite Shulk being my 4th most wanted character(Bandana Dee, Roy, and Mewtwo hold the top 3 positions), I'd much rather have Mewtwo revealed.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a 50/50 chance. The way I see it, if the video is JUST for one character, it would have to be someone with a new moveset. Palutena's reveal is around the same length, so odds are it's going to be similar in a sense that there will be an intro trailer plus we get to check out their moveset. If Mewtwo is in, there's a chance he may have a new moveset and would indeed be deserving of this unexpected 3 minute announcement spot.

Lol..
It certainly could be and I'd be stoked if it was. I wouldn't be giving it a 50% chance based on no insight into the announcement, however. Regardless of anniversaries, Sakurai is an impossible man to predict. Here's hoping anyway!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Even if Mewtwo isn't revealed at EVO or on Monday, there's still the August Direct. Calm your passions, guys:)

Despite Shulk being my 4th most wanted character(Bandana Dee, Roy, and Mewtwo hold the top 3 positions), I'd much rather have Mewtwo revealed.
It certainly could be and I'd be stoked if it was. I wouldn't be giving it a 50% chance based on no insight into the announcement, however. Regardless of anniversaries, Sakurai is an impossible man to predict. Here's hoping anyway!
Not even just the August direct. Look at how they came up with this announcement out of nowhere. They could just very well announce Mewtwo without warning anytime between now and Sept. 13.

Until the full roster is revealed, there's just so many possibilities to consider to come to a proper conclusion (and agreed, regardless of anniversaries.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please stay civil everyone. And remember not to Double Post.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not even just the August direct. Look at how they came up with this announcement out of nowhere. They could just very well announce Mewtwo without warning anytime between now and Sept. 13.

Until the full roster is revealed, there's just so many possibilities to consider to come to a proper conclusion (and agreed, regardless of anniversaries.)
inb4 mewtwo announced september 11th :troll:

But yeah, I'm still hoping for Mewtwo. Even if it's not this Monday(which would have brought my theory full circle), we have 2 months to go.

Don't stop believin'

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
inb4 mewtwo announced september 11th :troll:

But yeah, I'm still hoping for Mewtwo. Even if it's not this Monday(which would have brought my theory full circle), we have 2 months to go.

Don't stop believin'

Even so if he is not revealed between now and September 13th he can still be a secret character. Plenty of hope for him in my opinion.

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo will be in... Lucario didn't replace him in Brawl... Mewtwo was going to be in but was cut due to time constraints. The roster for the new Smash was finalized 2 years ago... so characters being cut due to time constraints isn't an option now. He's had plenty of time... so... Mewtwo has quite the chance of being in this game.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Don't why people think it's Shulk, one of the developers did retweet Sakurai's comment but that doesn't mean anything.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't why people think it's Shulk, one of the developers did retweet Sakurai's comment but that doesn't mean anything.
After development started on SSB4, Sakurai stopped tweeting as frequently in order to focus more on the games' development, and also because he grew tired of posting a game and fans instantly thinking the characters would be in the next Smash title.

Which is what's happening with Shulk right now.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Sooo...new character on Monday.Shulk or Mewtwo are my bets both?Idk well I hope for Mewtwo.Mewtwo's aniversary...#Mewtwo Friday!

PsychicTactics

Smash Rookie
NNID
psychictactics
In this character reveal trailer on monday, they could slip mewtwo into the new video... After whatever noobie is shown, they could segway into Mewtwo or vice versa, at the start of the video and then reveal the new guy.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Why Rids? At the very least, Mewtwo has the Genesect and the Legend Awakened movie anniversary this month, and is apart of SSBM's showing at EVO.
Nevermind Rids being dis-confirmed to some extent in the April Direct.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Is Nintendo going to EVO 2014 with a Smash U Demo?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
After development started on SSB4, Sakurai stopped tweeting as frequently in order to focus more on the games' development, and also because he grew tired of posting a game and fans instantly thinking the characters would be in the next Smash title.

Which is what's happening with Shulk right now.
Actually they're referring to the developer of Xenoblade retweeting Sakurai's tweet :p

I would really hope it's Mewtwo though. The flier a couple weeks ago foreshadowed this event. Not that I'm saying my conspiracy theory was right, but at least the flier hinted at this.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It's defiantly Shulk. Adam Howden and Monolift Soft re-tweeted Sakurai Post! They could be a veteran reveled in Shulk trailer thoe.
I just saw this too. So that's three retweets from Xenoblade-related sources. Must be Shulk? I'm still cursing at the Universe hoping it's Mewtwo though :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's defiantly Shulk. Adam Howden and Monolift Soft re-tweeted Sakurai Post! They could be a veteran reveled in Shulk trailer thoe.
I agree but I want to brance myself and not locking this due to the fact that sakurai can throw yet another curveball.

that's why im exspecting other characters besides shulk on monday

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Another retweet for Shulk huh?I guess this is just heightening Shulk's chance still hoping for Friday!Don't count out Mewtwo reveal though Friday is his anniversary.Why do I hear people saying a chance for two trailers at evo?Am I missing something?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Another retweet for Shulk huh?I guess this is just heightening Shulk's chance still hoping for Friday!Don't count out Mewtwo reveal though Friday is his anniversary.Why do I hear people saying a chance for two trailers at evo?Am I missing something?
I'm curious about that as well. Since there's this reveal on Monday my hopes for EVO is kind of low. But I guess we'll see on Sunday. Still very probable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Actually they're referring to the developer of Xenoblade retweeting Sakurai's tweet :p

I would really hope it's Mewtwo though. The flier a couple weeks ago foreshadowed this event. Not that I'm saying my conspiracy theory and LIQUID's overly insane and unpredictable coincidence theories is true, but at least the flier hinted at this.
Fixed up your post there, buddy :troll:

Also, what flier?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Fixed up your post there, buddy :troll:

Also, what flier?
It's not worth bringing up again, lol. But during the last days of the World Hobby Fair they passed out a flier with all the characters revealed so far and a newcomer "???" box with a caption saying something like "who's going to be revealed next?"

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know, if they're going to reveal Shulk, they could just as easily place a veteran in the video as well. Who knows, we might get some awesome footage of Shulk facing Mewtwo or something. :mewtwopm:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
It's not worth bringing up again, lol. But during the last days of the World Hobby Fair they passed out a flier with all the characters revealed so far and a newcomer "???" box with a caption saying something like "who's going to be revealed next?"
I do think as of this new character announcment, the 6 letter theory is now relevant again, IMO :)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I do think as of this new character announcment, the 6 letter theory is now relevant again, IMO :)
It's pretty much wishful thinking at this point, given the Shulk thing. But if it is somehow Mewtwo, let me be the first one to say "CALLED IT!" lol. /joke

You know, if they're going to reveal Shulk, they could just as easily place a veteran in the video as well. Who knows, we might get some awesome footage of Shulk facing Mewtwo or something. :mewtwopm:
Shulk. Would. LOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom