• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Im going to say its the Chorus Men since now would be the perfect time.
Leaving them till later would ruin hype while before you wouldn't really care.
Nah, I see the Chorus Man/Marshal be what Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B. Were in Melee/Brawl:
Unespected character who wasn't reveal until release.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
They're Revealing a Newcomer on Monday through a 3 minute special Livestream on the main Smash website :O Newcomer must mean it won't be Mewtwo i guess :(

Browny

Smash Hater
ITT: people getting worked up over the definition of the word 'new'. The term newcomer is all-encompassing theyre not going to invent a new word to describe the situation mewtwo finds himself in. It could mean new character or new 'confirmed' character so give up.

why cant you just be happy theres a chance its mewtwo

also chorus men can get stuffed

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
They're Revealing a Newcomer on Monday through a 3 minute special Livestream on the main Smash website :O Newcomer must mean it won't be Mewtwo i guess :(
Well, yes it definitely won't be. Assuming Mewtwo is in, I expect him to be kept secret at this point pre-release. E3 was the best time to show him. This is not.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Think he's refering to the thing on smashbros.com, that says new character intro video 7/14 at 7 am PDT, which I'm curious about what character will be shown then. Can't wait till Monday to find out what it entails, hoping it is Mewtwo, but we'll see.
ZOMGOODNESS MY THEORIES ARE COMING TO FRUITION

But it's not over yet...I pray.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
I doubt they would revel a veteran at EVO. Would they?
Probably not, but then again there used to be a big thing about "never getting a character reveal on a monday" and look where we are now... anything is possible :drshrug:

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
But just because it says 'New challenger/fighter' doesn't necessarily mean that the character has to be entirely new. I view the term 'new' in the sense of each character coming into the game is new to smash 4. You could also look at it in the sense of the other veterans that have returned. On the website, it would say 'NEW!' next to each character on their banners as they were updated. I'm confident if it were a newcomer Sakurai would have said it was a newcomer, but it says new challenger.

If Sakurai includes the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie this time, then technically she'd be a newcomer. :)

All we can do is continue to hope anyhow.

Oh and btw,

'Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live.'

Sakurai says looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash here. That means, they're not done yet, so even if it isn't Mewtwo there's still more to come. :)
I'm with Metros on this one. And way to stir things up Sakurai! Gahhhh I'm on the edge of my seat! Who could it be that they deserve that much attention?! I'm hoping, but not expecting, Mewtwo of course.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo is both a veteran and newcomer so its possible

And this is a really dumb theory but what if the guys at the EVO thing on sunday get to learn this character before we do.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is both a veteran and newcomer so its possible

And this is a really dumb theory but what if the guys at the EVO thing on sunday get to learn this character before we do.
If those at EVO learned prior to the reveal on Monday then it would be public knowledge way in advance of the scheduled unveiling. What Nintendo has instead done is give an announcement to plug during the final ceremonies of EVO 2014 and will then post the reveal on its YouTube channel for the world to watch. Definitely a smart move.

I don't think it will be Mewtwo, but I'm excited to see what Sakurai has planned. :D

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I think Mewtwo. I don't care I you think Mewtwo is a newcomer or Vet., he disserves a trailer and there showing a trailer. They are also just not shoving the character out there, there clearly is a bit of hype being built toward whatever character this is (unlike lil' mac or Rosalina) so it will be big regardless..

Plus, its still right after EVO, all from that apply. This is one of our last chances to see Mewtwo pre-game guys, get hype not discouraged,

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If those at EVO learned prior to the reveal on Monday then it would be public knowledge way in advance of the scheduled unveiling. What Nintendo has instead done is give an announcement to plug during the final ceremonies of EVO 2014 and will then post the reveal on its YouTube channel for the world to watch. Definitely a smart move.

I don't think it will be Mewtwo, but I'm excited to see what Sakurai has planned. :D
I think it's a 50/50 chance. The way I see it, if the video is JUST for one character, it would have to be someone with a new moveset. Palutena's reveal is around the same length, so odds are it's going to be similar in a sense that there will be an intro trailer plus we get to check out their moveset. If Mewtwo is in, there's a chance he may have a new moveset and would indeed be deserving of this unexpected 3 minute announcement spot.

Lol..

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well this "New Fighter" could be anyone. We all know that Sakurai is a trolling God. It would be interesting if it was Wario because of the Gematsu Plus leak. I hope it's Mewtwo though.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
On the Miiverse post it says "Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live." To me it's sounding like it's an actual newcomer. I'm still hoping for Mewtwo though. But I wouldn't be surprised if his reveal was delayed along with other returning vets. I feel like Mewtwo would be the cherry on top.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It doesn't say anything about a newcomer. It just says new fighter/challenger.
I think it's a 50/50 chance. The way I see it, if the video is JUST for one character, it would have to be someone with a new moveset. Palutena's reveal is around the same length, so odds are it's going to be similar in a sense that there will be an intro trailer plus we get to check out their moveset. If Mewtwo is in, there's a chance he may have a new moveset and would indeed be deserving of this unexpected 3 minute announcement spot.

Lol..
Aww that picture =(

THE FEELS

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only true fact is that my Extremespeed Genesect theory was proven true.

Now it remains to be seen if it's actually Mewtwo and not some newcomer.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
So, let me get this straight. We're getting a new "challenger," exact words, directly after EVO 2014?

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So...we won't be getting a reveal at EVO? Hmm...

Chances are, it could be Mewtwo or Snake. Maybe...*gasp* Roy?!

I think it all adds up to Mewtwo. His anniversaries are all in July.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Some people are speculating it's Shulk because one of the developers retweeted the post. 3 days ugh! l don't know who Skulk is but I really would rather see Mewtwo.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Seriously doubt it's Mewtwo. Probably going to be Chrom or something. Even if he is mightiest of the trolls, seriously doubt it's just a veteran reveal like Wario or Meta Knight, since he mentions the "newcomer" videos that we've been getting for all the new chars. We're really reaching the last of the newbies? Pretty underwhelming...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Some people are speculating it's Shulk because one of the developers retweeted the post. 3 days ugh! l don't know who Skulk is but I really would rather see Mewtwo.
If that's true it's a case closer. The same happened with Little Mac. It's going to be Shulk, just as the Gametsu leak predicted. I would like links, though, Orvo.

Turn down your hype meters people, the wait continues.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

On a serious note, this makes me sad. My theories might be incorrect after all ;(

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If that's true it's a case closer. The same happened with Little Mac. It's going to be Shulk, just as the Gametsu leak predicted. I would like links, though, Orvo.

Turn down your hype meters people, the wait continues.
Here it is @ woopyfrood woopyfrood , it could just be a coincidence but I'm sure people are already rejoicing for Shulk. (Scroll down a few posts and use translate on your browser. If you can't, no big deal, its just a retweet of what Sakurai said.)

Seriously doubt it's Mewtwo. Probably going to be Chrom or something. Even if he is mightiest of the trolls, seriously doubt it's just a veteran reveal like Wario or Meta Knight, since he mentions the "newcomer" videos that we've been getting for all the new chars. We're really reaching the last of the newbies? Pretty underwhelming...
To be fair there arent aren't many newcomers left anyway. There's just the Gematsu newcomers which is just a few in number. It could possibly leave room for non-Gematsu newcomers as well. And then there's the returning veterans.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
no hope holding your breath guys. getmatsu is our roster him mentioning that hes at the bottom of the stash for new videos is even more evidence that there isnt any more people. shulk will be the guy they reveal

put all your faith in dlc

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
no hope holding your breath guys. getmatsu is our roster him mentioning that hes at the bottom of the stash for new videos is even more evidence that there isnt any more people. shulk will be the guy they reveal

put all your faith in dlc
Let's not jump to conclusions now.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Mewtwo Support Thread! I bring with me welcomed speculation. During Evo2014 today, Nintendo ran advertisements:

What does this mean? It means that they have the ability to run videos and possibly show off Mewtwo if they so pleased!

Now I had just favorited the tweet this came from, which said that it was "A bit surprising, but welcomed to see Nintendo advertising at #Evo2014 during #smash". This was retweeted by Prog (@progducto) and 17 others that I didn't bother to check. Now, I just went back to go get the link to this tweet, but it was just deleted. Like, just now. Does this mean something? Probably not. Can we hope? Yes.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
i used to think mewtwo was the only 100% sure thing to be in this game.. then the greninja trailer happened. then i saw getmatsus direct leak right after that. and then e3 happened and it was exactly what getmatsu said again

mewtwo not being in is such a travesty, so wrong stupid and disappointing.. that its going to be true. luckily i have DLC to cling onto, otherwise i would cry lol

and blue, there is no mewtwo hope to be had at evo. they wouldnt announce 2 new characters in 12 hours bud. a veteran, maybe. an announcement that nintendo will be enrolling smash 4 into these big name tournaments, possibly. a little hype building about smash in general and how tomorrow there will be a new character reveal, most likely. dont set yourself up for mewtwo, like i did for a year :(

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
and blue, there is no mewtwo hope to be had at evo. they wouldnt announce 2 new characters in 12 hours bud. a veteran, maybe. an announcement that nintendo will be enrolling smash 4 into these big name tournaments, possibly. a little hype building about smash in general and how tomorrow there will be a new character reveal, most likely. dont set yourself up for mewtwo, like i did for a year :(
I'm not setting myself up for Mewtwo, I'm just giving everyone here some optimism. Shulk hasn't been confirmed to be revealed afterwards, keep that in mind. And what do you mean by 12 hours?

Also KIM that Mewtwo isn't a newcomer, but he isn't a vet either. He can be treated as either.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
i used to think mewtwo was the only 100% sure thing to be in this game.. then the greninja trailer happened. then i saw getmatsus leak right after that. and then e3 happened and it was exactly what getmatsu said again

mewtwo not being in is such a travesty, so wrong stupid and disappointing.. that its going to be true. luckily i have DLC to cling onto, otherwise i would cry lol
Agreed, lol. But Sakurai was referring to intro videos for newcomers, or that's what it sounds like anyway. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Mewtwo :)

I feel like the E3 reveals were just right. Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac Man, that's a good combination. If they revealed Mewtwo and then Pac Man it would have been too much hype. They need to divide up the hype and there's two months left until September. If Mewtwo is in the main roster, they'd want to hold out for the proper time.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Warning Received
false hope is worse than anything. see: greninja trailer

12 hours - an evo reveal when it ends sunday night or whatever and a monday afternoon youtube livestream of someone/shulk

Agreed, lol. But Sakurai was referring to intro videos for newcomers, or that's what it sounds like anyway. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Mewtwo :)

I feel like the E3 reveals were just right. Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac Man, that's a good combination. If they revealed Mewtwo and then Pac Man it would have been too much hype. They need to divide up the hype and there's two months left until September. If Mewtwo is in the main roster, they'd want to hold out for the proper time.
i hope. i secrely hold onto hope (very, very little) that he will be a hidden, no trailer last guy in the game like melee.

but then i think about how theyve been announcing everyone. how mk8 revealed everyone. how sakrau thinks palutena, shulk, mii fighters, chrom, wft, chrous kids are all/most likely in over krool and ridley :(

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I don't want to sound like a smartass, but I don't know how else to say this without sounding like one (I don't know how to words). Unless my math is off, that's more than 12 hours.

3:30 PM PDT - 7:00 AM PDT

I'm just surprised we could possibly be getting 2 reveals at all.

My hopes are on Mewtwo and Ridley, I couldn't care less about Shulk.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Mewtwo is a veteran.

Mewtwo is not a newcomer anymore, nor will he ever be again.

Monday's reveal only has implications for Mewtwo if he is in Shulk's reveal trailer for some insane reason.

Gematsu's leak only mentions TWO veterans: Lucas and Ness. Apparently, we're only likely to get one of them, and not both. Just because Gematsu says nothing about any other veterans, or Mewtwo specifically, does not mean that they are not in the game! Gematsu only leaked he newcomers, or at least, most of them. Remember, Rosalina was never leaked, so there's a good chance Space Dragon is in the game as well, since he's been teased for so long. If Ridley was just a boss, I'm pretty sure Sakurai would have just come out and said it.

You are shortsighted. What is E3 2013? What is Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct? What is E3 2014? Each of those events showed off more than 2 characters in a 24 hour period. Some were newcomers, and some were veterans. Nothing is impossible.

That said, I do not think it's the most likely thing for Mewtwo to show up on Monday, but I am not precluding the possibility of some sort of reveal to coincide with EVO, since EVO is a MELEE event. Mewtwo is from Melee. It seems fitting enough for me. Everyone in attendance there knows who Mewtwo is and more than a few there enjoy playing as him. Hell, even M2K will be there. It would be pretty cool. It might happen, it might not.

Either way, regardless of what does or does not happen at EVO, I expect Monday to be Monado Day.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Warning Received
you failed and did sound like a smartass lol
1) i obviously didnt know the times "an evo reveal when it ends sunday night or whatever and a monday afternoon youtube livestream"
2)
it doesnt change my point at all. we wont be getting two characters that werent in brawl in a 12 hour, 24 hour, 48 hour, 500 hour span. until the final direct before launch/when japan gets it and we know everything

You are shortsighted. What is E3 2013? What is Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct? What is E3 2014? Each of those events showed off more than 2 characters in a 24 hour period. Some were newcomers, and some were veterans. Nothing is impossible.

That said, I do not think it's the most likely thing for Mewtwo to show up on Monday, but I am not precluding the possibility of some sort of reveal to coincide with EVO, since EVO is a MELEE event. Mewtwo is from Melee. It seems fitting enough for me. Everyone in attendance there knows who Mewtwo is and more than a few there enjoy playing as him. Hell, even M2K will be there. It would be pretty cool. It might happen, it might not.

Either way, regardless of what does or does not happen at EVO, I expect Monday to be Monado Day.
aninymouse/captain obvious.. thanks for pointing that out, i have indeed never heard othose events

guess what. its not e3. its not a smash direct. lol. im obviously saying that the time and hype for multi character reveals, at this point right now, is not happening. did you really think i didnt know out e3/direct/e3 this year? cmon man

that argument that mewtwo is from melee is just awful. hes a joke in that game. its barely even fitting. these are the people who, when they had 2 million people watching at e3 smash fest, decided to reveal pacman off the stream to 100 people. they dont care that metwo was in melee

also, i find it weird that you say "nothing is impossible" yet say "Mewtwo is a veteran.

Monday's reveal only has implications for Mewtwo if he is in Shulk's reveal trailer for some insane reason."

mewtwo is a special case. if hes included, that marks the only time someone made it back. completely ruling out mewtwo being in a trailer on monday because hes not new is silly. since this has never happened before and you yourself say nothing is impossible. i think mewtwo, if included, will have a trailer

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Mewtwo is a veteran.

Monday's reveal only has implications for Mewtwo if he is in Shulk's reveal trailer for some insane reason.

Gematsu's leak only mentions TWO veterans: Lucas and Ness. Apparently, we're only likely to get one of them, and not both. Just because Gematsu says nothing about any other veterans, or Mewtwo specifically, does not mean that they are not in the game! Gematsu only leaked he newcomers, or at least, most of them. Remember, Rosalina was never leaked, so there's a good chance Space Dragon is in the game as well, since he's been teased for so long. If Ridley was just a boss, I'm pretty sure Sakurai would have just come out and said it.

I love you for knowing how to words. I wish I could like this more than once.
nohomo

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
you failed and did sound like a smartass lol
1) i obviously didnt know the times "an evo reveal when it ends sunday night or whatever and a monday afternoon youtube livestream"
2)
it doesnt change my point at all. we wont be getting two characters that werent in brawl in a 12 hour, 24 hour, 48 hour, 500 hour span. until the final direct before launch/when japan gets it and we know everything
I hate to be that guy, but [citation needed], bud. "Muh patterns" is not a legitimate reason. Things could happen at EVO, or they could not. Your crystal ball is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom