• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm also thinking there could be another Pokemon stage for each version. Not sure what the Wii U one would be (would love something from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness), but I'd imagine in lieu of a Pokemon Stadium 3, they'd go with the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2.

(Ironically Mewtwo was banned for being a "Legendary/mythical Pokemon," thus never actually was able to fight here)

As for themes, pretty sure we've gone over all of them to death and back by now. Seems inevitable that the "Kanto Legendary Encounter" remix would be in/considered "its" theme.
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd LOVE a PWT stage! Wow! B2W2 were probably my favorite Pokemon games of all time, and I loved the PWT. I just never considered it for a stage, for some reason!

HAVE TO PLAY THIS MUSIC, THOUGH:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Before AND after Melee finals! :bee: Does EVO do that every year, though? I'm not familiar with their scheduling.
That's what I'm wondering. Cause I could have sworn there was an announcement and awards segment at last years EVO.

Hmm, idk, it would be nice, but then again that event last week had no merit, so why would this?
Because it's EVO, recently sponsored by Nintendo. The event last week was just a demo-type event.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How is that possible, getting hyped over it in this Mewtwo forum?
Well I'm hyped anyway. Could lead to a character reveal, doesn't matter who.

However, Mewtwo would be extremely hyped, especially at a Melee tournament.
And LIQUID drew a lot of connections to anniversaries and the like this week pertaining to Mewtwo.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it could happen.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
So let's narrow it down to who it could be again, Probably not a veteran who was in brawl as that could of been in a pic of the day, so the only veterans that have a chance of getting in are Mewtwo and Roy however I'm going to cut Roy as Fire Emblem already has enough reps (counting Chrom).
Possible Newcomers: Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men. Since they were on the Sal leak they have a 90% chance of making it in so they are (semi confirmed). But the Chorus Men probably won't excite many people so let's cut them too.

So this is what I have for who could be confirmed
Mewtwo, Shulk, Chrom, an unheard newcomer or no real announcment at all.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well I'm hyped anyway. Could lead to a character reveal, doesn't matter who.

However, Mewtwo would be extremely hyped, especially at a Melee tournament.
And LIQUID drew a lot of connections to anniversaries and the like this week pertaining to Mewtwo.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it could happen.
Hmm it seems impossible IMO and you're right, you def better not get your hopes up for it but if it does happen I'll eat my sock.

EDIT: Just realized it's on Sunday.

Also I want to point out that there are two anniversaries for this and next fridays for Mewtwo.

July 13 - Pokemon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened 1st Anniversary
July 18 - Pokemon the First Movie 16th Anniversary

Although the first line is on Sunday so we should be seeing him reveal on Friday or less likely, Monday. They're his two final opportunities and if he missed them then he won't be having any more possible game releases/anniversaries prior to Smash Bros. release for Japan and he had to be hidden this time.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
a
Hmm it seems impossible IMO and you're right, you def better not get your hopes up for it but if it does happen I'll eat my sock.

Also I want to point out that there are two anniversaries for this and next fridays for Mewtwo.

Although the first line is on Sunday so we should be seeing him reveal on Friday or less likely, Monday. They're his two final opportunities and if he missed them then he won't be having any more possible game releases/anniversaries prior to Smash Bros. release date for Japan and he had to be hidden this time.
The 18th makes more sense to me, and it's on a Friday. A part of me feels like Mewtwo might be too big of news to reveal at EVO, and if anything, they'll reveal veterans like Captain Falcon or Ganondorf. Though another part of me feels like EVO is the perfect place. I guess we'll see by the end of this week. And if not, then next week.

Agh, the anticipation!

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
People that say, "Mewtwo's not going to be in the game, insert either "get over it" or "enjoy your Lucario or Greninja" are just ridiculous. I can understand if you doubt Mewtwo's inclusion and provide well-justified reasoning but this is just ridiculous. One account I've seen said it shouldn't return because it was terrible in Melee. That's just absurd, a handful of fighters were worse than Mewtwo (e.g. Bowser, Ness).

Also, look at Brawl and Smash 4, Falco and Ganondorf were luigi-fied in Brawl and Bowser has a completely revamped moveset in the upcoming game so why not Mewtwo?

I don't understand why the anti-Mewtwo fanbase is so hostile.

Morbi

Scavenger
I doubt that the anniversary for a movie would yield anything if the 15th anniversary for Smash did not. However, perhaps my hesitation is precisely what will enable the reveal to actualize.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ooooo....EVO alone is exciting, but a chance for Nintendo to announce something Smash related? Things just got interesting....

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
OK, what time zone is that schedule based on? Assuming I don't get my day off, I'm gonna miss everything on Sunday except for maybe Mahvel. Please Stop and Shop... Please...
Pacific Time

Where I live that is 3 hours behind, so it'd be 11 am in EST

EDIT:You can use World Time Buddy to find your times.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I doubt that the anniversary for a movie would yield anything if the 15th anniversary for Smash did not. However, perhaps my hesitation is precisely what will enable the reveal to actualize.
I agree, maybe Mewtwo missed his 15th anniversary because the development team was still working on it and now he should be ready considering that we're only several weeks away from the japan release date.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I agree, maybe Mewtwo missed his 15th anniversary because the development team was still working on it and now he should be ready considering that we're only several weeks away from the japan release date.

Only a few weeks?!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Although the first line is on Sunday so we should be seeing him reveal on Friday or less likely, Monday. They're his two final opportunities and if he missed them then he won't be having any more possible game releases/anniversaries prior to Smash Bros. release for Japan and he had to be hidden this time.
If hes not revealed for the movie

He has one last chance of being revealed before the release and that is the august direct.

If not reveal at that we will not be seeing the results till after september 13th.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
If hes not revealed for the movie

He has one last chance of being revealed before the release and that is the august direct.

If not reveal at that we will not be seeing the results till after september 13th.
Or til the incoming leak. The accurate leak of an entire roster was seen 10 days before Brawl's Japan release date.

Sept 3 :chuckle:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I'm done trying to predict reveals for characters. Some characters were reveal at times for no reason, like Marth and Ike. Then they've had significant reveals for release or anniversaries. And then some reveals on not so major anniversaries (Lucario I believe...).

But, the Mewtwo theories have me hyped a bit. Regardless if he's shown or not, I think it'd be really awesome for any to be revealed that day honestly.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Exactly! And probably keeps on laughing for the next 10 minutes.
Still keep the Mewtwo hype alive, I'm not exactly a big Mewtwo player in Melee or PM but I do like him and I feel your pain as a Roy user back in Melee and in PM.

We have a kinship of sorts haha.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
At EVO I wouldn't surprised if they said the announcement had something to do with Mewtwo and then when we got hyped so much we could faint it was congratulating him for the movie anniversary and had nothing to do with Smash.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If it's true that Nintendo is making an announcement at EVO, then this is the one event that I think could actually result in Mewtwo being revealed. I know I've repeatedly said that Mewtwo wouldn't be revealed before release, and people have repeatedly gotten their hopes up to no avail, but I'm letting my guard down for this one.

The reason is because the crowd is right. Nintendo is taking a bold step in actually reaching out to the competitive Smash community this console generation, and the competitive melee scene is intrinsically tied with SmashBoards. Who is the single most requested character on Smashboards? Mewtwo. Mewtwo would be the right reveal for the right crowd at the right time. The only other character that would be as appropriate would be Ridley.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Holy hotness at the announcement news hype. And here I thought I was getting hyped up alone on some upcoming events sucha s the Godzilla Death Battle! Let these theories be put to the test @LIQUIDFGC :shades:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
If it's true that Nintendo is making an announcement at EVO, then this is the one event that I think could actually result in Mewtwo being revealed. I know I've repeatedly said that Mewtwo wouldn't be revealed before release, and people have repeatedly gotten their hopes up to no avail, but I'm letting my guard down for this one.

The reason is because the crowd is right. Nintendo is taking a bold step in actually reaching out to the competitive Smash community this console generation, and the competitive melee scene is intrinsically tied with SmashBoards. Who is the single most requested character on Smashboards? Mewtwo. Mewtwo would be the right reveal for the right crowd at the right time. The only other character that would be as appropriate would be Ridley.
Honestly as far as I know Ridley is requested more then Mewtwo but Mewtwo is DEFINTALY 2nd.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Apparently there's more to the Gematsu leak, called the Gematsu Plus leak, and this one says Mewtwo is back.

We'll know if we have any hope at all if Wario is announced before the end of this week. That's what it's using as a reliability anchor.

People that say, "Mewtwo's not going to be in the game, insert either "get over it" or "enjoy your Lucario or Greninja" are just ridiculous. I can understand if you doubt Mewtwo's inclusion and provide well-justified reasoning but this is just ridiculous. One account I've seen said it shouldn't return because it was terrible in Melee. That's just absurd, a handful of fighters were worse than Mewtwo (e.g. Bowser, Ness).

Also, look at Brawl and Smash 4, Falco and Ganondorf were luigi-fied in Brawl and Bowser has a completely revamped moveset in the upcoming game so why not Mewtwo?

I don't understand why the anti-Mewtwo fanbase is so hostile.
The short answer to that is that it would mean Nintendo is listening to Melee fans if he comes back.

And you know how big the anti-Melee fandom is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently there's more to the Gematsu leak, called the Gematsu Plus leak, and this one says Mewtwo is back.

We'll know if we have any hope at all if Wario is announced before the end of this week. That's what it's using as a reliability anchor.
Link please? Oh goody, another "leak" that says "if *insert character* is confirmed, *insert roster here* will happen." Whoop-de-freakin'-doo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom