• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
SSBB:
Pikachu - 1
Jigglypuff - 2
Lucario - 3
Squirtle - 4
Ivysaur - 5
Charizard - 6
SSB4:
Pikachu - 1
Jigglypuff - 2
Pokemon Trainer Charizard - 3
Lucario - 4
Mewtwo - 5
Greninja - 6
There you go.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oh wait, it's February 6th, not July 6th. I knew it felt like time was flying.

My point still stands.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
Double Posting/Advertising Warning Received
Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Well, happy birthday Mewtwo.

Two more years and you'll be old enough to drink.
You mean Happy Late Life Anniversary:shades:. . . If I were Mewtwo I'd be completely upset at this entire threads existence:urg:.
We're all horrible people celebrating his B-day 5 months late. Also @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A you know you love my theories but yes I'd hate me too:urg:.

Edit: MEWTWO PLZ FORGIVE US ;_;

Edit: NEW DUMB SPECULATION = Sakurai is trolling us because we didn't wish his psychic video game medium a happy birthday on his birthdate. . .

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You mean Happy Late Life Anniversary:shades:. . . If I were Mewtwo I'd be completely upset at this entire threads existence:urg:.
We're all horrible people celebrating his B-day 5 months late. Also @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A you know you love my theories but yes I'd hate me too:urg:.
Don't worry, I love your theories o3o

Don't worry, I'll hate myself when my EVO theory, First Movie, and Extremespeed Genesect theories are proven false and I get massive amounts of flame :(

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Seeing Nintendo sponsor EVO is truly amazing to see. But seeing it as a nod towards Mewtwo is a bit of a stretch, but who knows, right?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
All jokes aside, I'm going to be mad if Mewtwo gets a mega evolution final smash (even though it'll probably happen), we have 2 already.

:dizzy: Don't kill me though, it's just my opinion.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Despite the completely identical FS Mewtwo got from Lucario's Aura Storm that doesn't even exist in Project M, that move looks amazing period. To end the Lucario / Mewtwo simlarity rant Mewtwo's Psystrike is real!
:4lucario:Shame on you, for shame. . .
But yeah every pkmn that are fully evolved / Greninja / Mewtwo having Final Smash Mega Evolutions is a 95% confirm. Still wanna see either one or both switching it up cus you can't make me choose one. That's painful:urg:.

Mega Charizard X? Pff let's have X dittos. "MegaMewtwoX! Obliterate!"
Mega Charizard X? Pff I'll 6th Gen. battle you:shades:. "MegaMewtwoY! Obliterate!"
Mega Charizard Y? Pff there's no way that'll-- :crazy: OMG It can happen!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
All jokes aside, I'm going to be mad if Mewtwo gets a mega evolution final smash (even though it'll probably happen), we have 2 already.

:dizzy: Don't kill me though, it's just my opinion.
I don't really mind as long as they function differently, which judging by Mega Lucario (which hasn't been confirmed as a Final Smash) and Mega Charizard, they will.

I mean, I think it's way different than three Landmasters.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Saw this on Gamefaqs
"Sorry but Mewtwo is as good as deconfirmed."
"Sakurai said they put aside a spot for a new Pokemon while everyone else was already decided on.

By the time they said they were thinking about it, everyone else had been decided except for the new Pokemon, and that Pokemon turned out to be Greninja.

Sorry."

If Sakurai really was only thinking about it then he isn't playable.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Despite the completely identical FS Mewtwo got from Lucario's Aura Storm that doesn't even exist in Project M, that move looks amazing period. To end the Lucario / Mewtwo simlarity rant Mewtwo's Psystrike is real!
:4lucario:Shame on you, for shame. . .
But yeah every pkmn that are fully evolved / Greninja / Mewtwo having Final Smash Mega Evolutions is a 95% confirm. Still wanna see either one or both switching it up cus you can't make me choose one. That's painful:urg:.
They could have a switch up between the two, like a 50/50 chance.

could be a more ranged oriented attack. I'd love to see a transformation before flying to the top of the stage and performing an attack similar to Aura Storm (feeding the trolls by furthering the :lucario:/:mewtwopm: debate).

could be a more physical oriented final smash. I don't really have many ideas for this one, despite there being so much to work with. Ideas for either?

I was going to put a video of the two in a wifi battle to demonstrate their potential, but I couldn't find one quickly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Saw this on Gamefaqs
"Sakurai said they put aside a spot for a new Pokemon while everyone else was already decided on.

By the time they said they were thinking about it, everyone else had been decided except for the new Pokemon, and that Pokemon turned out to be Greninja.

Sorry."

Remind me when Sakurai talked about the veterans he decided on

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Saw this on Gamefaqs

Sorry."

"Sakurai said they put aside a spot for a new Pokemon while everyone else was already decided on."
"Sakurai said they put aside a spot for a new Pokemon"
"put aside a spot for a new Pokemon"
"for a new Pokemon"
"new Pokemon"
"new"

I must remind you of two things:
1) Sakurai is the biggest troll when it comes to these
2) Mewtwo isn't "new" :troll:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
By the time they said they were thinking about it, everyone else had been decided except for the new Pokemon, and that Pokemon turned out to be Greninja. Sorry."
Quoteception-- quotes inside of a quote:shades:
But seriously why aren't they on SmashBoards talking about this? Bring 'em on in here @ R Rosalina&Greninja :love:
@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee I dig the 50/50 as a chance. That'd be oddly charming for a chanced FS to occur for Mewtwo no less. MMewtwoX would have some Psychic(why does this look weird spelt to me NOW?[Sigh-chick?:shades:]) hybrid holding for brutal Melee attacks. At least that's how I'm picturing it atm.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mewtwo Y makes perfect sense as a Final Smash, especially considering how advertised it is and that we have Charizard X, leaving Y unrepresented.

Not that I wouldn't want something different, though.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo Y makes perfect sense as a Final Smash, especially considering how advertised it is and that we have Charizard X, leaving Y unrepresented.

Not that I wouldn't want something different, though.
I believe the "Y-forme" should be put in, but done differently then the other Megas. Have it be one powerful attack like Psystrike and then revert back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They could have a switch up between the two, like a 50/50 chance.

could be a more ranged oriented attack. I'd love to see a transformation before flying to the top of the stage and performing an attack similar to Aura Storm (feeding the trolls by furthering the :lucario:/:mewtwopm: debate).

could be a more physical oriented final smash. I don't really have many ideas for this one, despite there being so much to work with. Ideas for either?

I was going to put a video of the two in a wifi battle to demonstrate their potential, but I couldn't find one quickly.
Yea i agree with all of that.

I think its going to be something like this

y is has a advantage due to promotion and the movie.

But x would be fan based thats a high one too. I mean look sakurai is doing fan based stuff. Charizard X is more popular than Y and a few stuff in ssb4 is what fans wanted.

And heres why X has a atvantage over Y because of pac-man.

He chose the fan favorite design pac-man over the ghostly adventures version, and that was the promotional version.

Oh same thing with the voice, i think its going to be male due to fans prefering male voice mewtwo.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Yea i agree with all of that.

I think its going to be something like this

y is has a advantage due to promotion and the movie.

But x would be fan based thats a high one too. I mean look sakurai is doing fan based stuff. Charizard X is more popular than Y and a few stuff in ssb4 is what fans wanted.

And heres why X has a atvantage over Y because of pac-man.

He chose the fan favorite design pac-man over the ghostly adventures version, and that was the promotional version.

Oh same thing with the voice, i think its going to be male due to fans prefering male voice mewtwo.
As much as I like the X version as the next guy, Y seems to be the most favored of the two as far as I know. The diffrence between Pacman and this is that not only ZardX and MMY are the ones who take the spotlight, they are the fan-favorite of the two megas that Charizard/Mew2 have.

MMY has an unfair advantage cause it was the form that was revealed first, even before Megas were a thing, and even though its appearence was negativly criticized people got used to it longer than MMX

Mega Charizard X is a different story cause everyone was expecting Charizard to have a dragon type form when Megas were introduced and were dissapointed when the Y form was revealed first. Once the dragon type ZardX was revealed everybody liked that version and GameFreak knew that.

I would love to see both forms in Smash somehow, it would make Mewtwo more unique if it could have two Final Smash/Mega Evos.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Saw this on Gamefaqs

Sorry."

Gamefaqs.

Lol.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Saw this on Gamefaqs

Sorry."

Because GameFaqs is completely full of trustworthy, sane, and non idiotic posters, right?

I see nobody agrees with me.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
There is still people who belive in what is on GameFaqs?!?!?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Because GameFaqs is completely full of trustworthy, sane, and non idiotic posters, right?

I see nobody agrees with me.
Agreed. oh wait you meant people actually agreeing with you? Touche:troll:

Edit: On the topic about the MEvo we'd like Mewtwo having in Sm4sh I finally ascended & decided my choice. For now my 2,234 pages of reasons why I chose 'em is still a rough draft, but Sakurai would want to use MegaMewtwoX to promote it further for future skyrocket fan-base even further beyond MegaMewtwoY.

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I've got a crazy theory on the Mewtwo mega evolution scene. Why not have mega Mewtwo X On the Wii u version and mega Mewtwo Y on the 3ds version? I mean the color of the flames already match up with the games AND they said nothing of different final smashes for each version.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I've got a crazy theory on the Mewtwo mega evolution scene. Why not have mega Mewtwo X On the Wii u version and mega Mewtwo Y on the 3ds version? I mean the color of the flames already match up with the games AND they said nothing of different final smashes for each version.
Great idea! Though they might already be doing that with Charizard's formes, seeing as how the flame colors match his tail flame colors in the mega formes.

and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom