• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
He most likely won't do a trailer as Mewtwo is not a newcomer to Smash. Only newcomers receive trailers. It'd probably be during the direct (if there is one) and will be shown in gameplay.
Charizard. Everyone forgets Charizard is a veteran with a reveal trailer. Sure, he was along with Greninja, but still.

Its all just speculation mind you. He could still hold off until the last minute to reveal Mewtwo. But still, more things to talk about that's related to Mewtwo on this forum.

Also, (this may have already bean a topic already brought up before in the way pest but i.m not going back that far) what do you think Mewtwo's reveal trailer would be if he got one?
I don't know what I'd want Mewtwo's reveal trailer to look like, but I know it has to be epic.

It's possible that the doctors had made more Mewtwo. When scientists doing some experiment, they usually do it more times, for be sure that it works, so it is possible that Team Rocked could have done Several Clones of Mew. Maybe they had considered the original a failure (because he isn't an exact clone of Mew) and have decided to re-make him more similar to Mew. This would explain why the "new" Mewtwo had a more feminine voice and look, because it is more similar to Mew.
But Mewtwo immediately destroyed the entire lab, and (to my knowledge) the only surviving scientist from it was Dr. Fuji.
Edit: I reread everything (after I had already posted it, because I'm not smart), and I actually really like your idea. They probably had the data recorded and stored elsewhere, not just in the lab, and could have made a new lab to start trying to clone Mew again. But I was pretty sure in the movie, they were actually really excited that they had created Mewtwo, not a clone of Mew, since he was stronger.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Charizard. Everyone forgets Charizard is a veteran with a reveal trailer. Sure, he was along with Greninja, but still.
I'm not forgetting Charizard, I'm just omitting him because he shared with Greninja. There was something fishy about that trailer from the start. In the end, Charizard was just fuel for Sakurai's Troll Bomb.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
If he gets a trailer, maybe his shadowy figure will look like Greninja. Everyone will assume it's the frog pokemon. Then the eyes open and glow purple, and the camera zooms out to reveal Mewtwo. Everyone's minds gets blown.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I think Mewtwo would get a trailer. Charizard did. Mewtwo wasn't included in Brawl, so it ups his chances of getting one even further. He's not a newcomer and Charizard got his own trailer. Why shouldn't he? Plus a trailer would just generate explosive amounts of hype. He got nothing in Melee apart from the 'Challenger Approaching' screen and demo's. And that Event 51 challenge if you count that. He's long overdue something.

@ Masonomace Masonomace @ Louie G. Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! i summon you all to destroy your hopes and dreams with theories that probably wont happen lol o3o

Found ANOTHER theory. July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

I AM GOING TO GET FLAMED BY SO MANY OF YOU WHEN THIS ISNT TRUE, TIME TO HIDE IN MY NUCLEAR BUNKER WAAAAAAAAAAH

inb4 i ruin your hopes and dreams again

JULY, MONTH OF MEWTWO. you know what im going to die from flaming ima shut up now
I wouldn't get hopes up very high for a reveal in tie with the anniversary of the Genesect Movie, but it's a good speculation. Maybe we will see something. If not then once again I suppose it's back into the never ending dark void of Sakurai's trolling. :(

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
He most likely won't do a trailer as Mewtwo is not a newcomer to Smash. Only newcomers receive trailers. It'd probably be during the direct (if there is one) and will be shown in gameplay.
100% disagree. Mewtwo might not be a newcomer but he's a long-awaited fan favorite and a returning veteran. He's going to at least have a better trailer than Charizard. If Mewtwo's in the game, his welcome back trailer will be badass.

It should be, its over a month later. Also, the character count lines up perfectly for two other characters to appear this month, so why not Mewtwo? the other one would probably be Falco, Ness or Caption Falcon.
Actually they reveal characters every other month. If they continue the pattern, there will be mostly silence during July. Maybe a returning veteran that isn't Mewtwo. But I mean, reveal Mewtwo? What a perfect way to switch things up and get the fans excited.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
@ Masonomace Masonomace @ Louie G. Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! i summon you all to destroy your hopes and dreams with theories that probably wont happen lol o3o

Found ANOTHER theory. July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

I AM GOING TO GET FLAMED BY SO MANY OF YOU WHEN THIS ISNT TRUE, TIME TO HIDE IN MY NUCLEAR BUNKER WAAAAAAAAAAH

JULY, MONTH OF MEWTWO. you know what im going to die from flaming ima shut up now
No

If mewtwo was to be reveal for a movie it would be the 18th for thr first movie anniversary.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

The stars are aligning, Mewtwo Strikes Back 16 years ago, The Terrifying Mirage Pokémon nvm **** this special lols don't hate :c, & Genesect and the Legend Awakened a year old now. Something's bound to happen:shades:....

JK According to a quote from one of the Pokemon Mansion journals says Mewtwo's birthday is February 6th, your facts theroies hopes dreams & aspirations for Mewtwo to have a trailer all have been lied to he's de-confirmed.:troll:

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I wouldn't get hopes up very high for a reveal in tie with the anniversary of the Genesect Movie, but it's a good speculation. Maybe we will see something. If not then once again I suppose it's back into the never ending dark void of Sakurai's trolling. :(
July 11th... 3:00 a.m.
"Pic of the day. As a tribute to the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens we have brought in a very important Pokemon to the fray...

The Paleozoic Pokemon Genesect is one of the many Pokemon you see when using the Master Ball! I hope you enjoy this marvelous inclusion." :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
"Pic of the day. As a tribute to the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens we have brought in a very important Pokemon to the fray...

The Paleozoic Pokemon Genesect is one of the many Pokemon you see when using the Master Ball! I hope you enjoy this marvelous inclusion." :troll:
If they actually did that, hiding the Genesect part in a second comment and picture, I'd honestly say that'd be a boost for Mewtwo. That would be blatant teasing.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Props to @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for this inspiration.
New Theory: Sakurai has psychic powers & can sense our strong wills of desire to want / have / need / desperately grovel on our knees begging for Mewtwo, his Video Game personification medium. Each time someone around the world thinks of, expresses themselves for Mewtwo in Smash Sakurai channels all those energies & abuses our good wills through trolling our beliefs, hopes, dreams, aspirations & faith with Mewtwo teasing leaks that lead to non-confirming the character.
This might get even more love than any past theories on the Mewtwo thread.:shades:
Edit: Our energies that Sakurai uses are miniscule & Sakurai requires a lot of troll energy to manifest it into his everything.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I had a small idea for the Mewtwo reveal trailer suggestions. No matter what happens, I want to see the phrase "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" appear.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

I don't think Sakurai would even grace us with a pic of the day.

I had a small idea for the Mewtwo reveal trailer suggestions. No matter what happens, I want to see the phrase "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" appear.
Or, "Mewtwo Returns!" lol

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Having no reveal trailer for Mewtwo, if he is in, seems like a cosmic injustice. If Mewtwo gets a trailer it will be epic, to think otherwise is just silly honestly.

A trailer revealing Mewtwo is literally the most badass thing I can think of. Mewtwo in CGI psy-kicking the Smash cast's butts? Maaaan if there was a time I would spontaneously combust, it would be then. I really hope Sakurai pulls through here...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You know, Mew is one of the pokeball Pokemon. I have yet to see an in-game screenshot of Mew. Even Victini was already shown. I can imagine Mew being in the same reveal trailer as Mewtwo.

Steelia

Smash Champion
You know, Mew is one of the pokeball Pokemon. I have yet to see an in-game screenshot of Mew. Even Victini was already shown. I can imagine Mew being in the same reveal trailer as Mewtwo.

This came from... somewhere. European or Japanese pictures from articles, can't really remember.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

This came from... somewhere. European or Japanese pictures from articles, can't really remember.
Dang. I was so hyped for Mew and Mewtwo to be in a trailer. Ah, well, this is cool too!

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Mew might still be in Mewtwo's trailer. In fact, I would not be surprised in the slightest.
That's a good point! I don't know why I acted like that unconfirmed it haha. Also, I Google Images searched "Mew in Smash 4" and it was like 99% Mewtwo. That was funny to me.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Woah.. must find the source! Jumping into Google now. Anybody know which stage that is?

PS, You sure this isn't Brawl?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This is fan-made but holy hotness I just typed Mew Smash 4 & found this instead:

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Woah.. must find the source! Jumping into Google now. Anybody know which stage that is?
http://www.serebii.net/smashbros3dswiiu/pokeball.shtml

That's where I saw it. I remember seeing another image of Mew somewhere but that was a while ago now. It was an image of her near and Rosalina and Luma. I don't know what the stage is :( If I find it I'll edit it in this post.

Edit: There it is (3rd image in) -

This is fan-made but holy hotness I just typed Mew Smash 4 & found this instead:

This is pretty cool too.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

PS, You sure this isn't Brawl?
That stage seems to be the Reset Bomb Forest from the 3DS, while the other pic is from the Rainbow Road stage.

For a reveal trailer, I think that would be cool if they, after saying "please take a look at this NEW video" and re-show the Greninja trailer...but in the shadow there isn't the frog ninja, but our psychic clone!

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
This is how I think a trailer would work, Greninja and Lucario are fighting on a Cerulean Cave stage it switches from gameplay to CGI (kind of like Megamans trailer). When suddenly it zooms in on the dark background, then there is a feint light revealing pale pink skin, it zooms out revealing JIGGLYPUFF ROLLS IN!
Jokes aside (even though that's something Sakurai would do.)

The reveal would be something like Greninja, Lucario and Charizard fighting when Mewtwo jumps out and KO's everyone.
Or during the August direct Sakurai says. "We don't want you to be disappointed when the game releases so sadly one of the most requested characters, Mewtwo will not be returning for this game." Mewtwo grunts and Sakurai starts levitating a bit above his chair. "Actually we have now changed our decision due to uh...heavy support." Then MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

EDIT:Made a gif for jiggly

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
This is how I think a trailer would work, Greninja and Lucario are fighting on a Cerulean Cave stage it switches from gameplay to CGI (kind of like Megamans trailer). When suddenly it zooms in on the dark background, then there is a feint light revealing pale pink skin, it zooms out revealing JIGGLYPUFF ROLLS IN!
Jokes aside (even though that's something Sakurai would do.)

The reveal would be something like Greninja, Lucario and Charizard fighting when Mewtwo jumps out and KO's everyone.
Or during the August direct Sakurai says. "We don't want you to be disappointed when the game releases so sadly one of the most requested characters, Mewtwo will not be returning for this game." Mewtwo grunts and Sakurai starts levitating a bit above his chair. "Actually we have now changed our decision due to uh...heavy support." Then MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

EDIT:Made a gif for jiggly
i would love to see that

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Triple Posting Warning Received
Props to @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for this inspiration.
New Theory: Sakurai has psychic powers & can sense our strong wills of desire to want / have / need / desperately grovel on our knees begging for Mewtwo, his Video Game personification medium. Each time someone around the world thinks of, expresses themselves for Mewtwo in Smash Sakurai channels all those energies & abuses our good wills through trolling our beliefs, hopes, dreams, aspirations & faith with Mewtwo teasing leaks that lead to non-confirming the character.
This might get even more love than any past theories on the Mewtwo thread.:shades:
Edit: Our energies that Sakurai uses are miniscule & Sakurai requires a lot of troll energy to manifest it into his everything.
i hate you now i have to speculate more ;o;

The stars are aligning, Mewtwo Strikes Back 16 years ago, The Terrifying Mirage Pokémon nvm **** this special lols don't hate :c, & Genesect and the Legend Awakened a year old now. Something's bound to happen:shades:....

JK According to a quote from one of the Pokemon Mansion journals says Mewtwo's birthday is February 6th, your facts theroies hopes dreams & aspirations for Mewtwo to have a trailer all have been lied to he's de-confirmed.:troll:
stahp ruining hopes and dreams, that's MY job |:<

@ Masonomace Masonomace @ Louie G. Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! Have I mentioned I enjoy ruining hopes and dreams ;o;

So I was posting here: http://smashboards.com/threads/apparently-nintendo-is-sponsoring-evo.360365/ and I thought of MORE SPECULATION. Reread my past theory, pay attention to bold:

July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

And when is EVO 2014? July 11th to 13. THE AMOUNT OF FLAMING I SHALL RECEIVE WILL BE LEGENDARY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelia

Smash Champion
@ Masonomace Masonomace @ Louie G. Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! Have I mentioned I enjoy ruining hopes and dreams ;o;

So I was posting here: http://smashboards.com/threads/apparently-nintendo-is-sponsoring-evo.360365/ and I thought of MORE SPECULATION. Reread my past theory, pay attention to bold:

July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

And when is EVO 2014? July 11th to 13. THE AMOUNT OF FLAMING I SHALL RECEIVE WILL BE LEGENDARY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
It's wishful thinking, but nah. Not expecting to hear anything regarding Mewtwo's fate in SSB4 until the 3DS version launches in Japan. We still need to get through the announcements of Chrom and the Chorus Kids first :troll:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
We still need to get through the announcements of Chrom and the Chorus Kids first :troll:
Yeah, lets not mention those leaks unless connected with Mewtwo in an obvious way please. That's the stuff of instant flame wars where I've been. But yeah, no saying we wont see Mewtwo at Evo 2014 right? next big thing in my list to hope for.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
These are insane coincidences.
A stretch farther and Mewtwo theories could be the next "Sinnoh confirmed" craziness.

have i ruined your hopes and dreams yet ;o;

how am i gonna deal with so much flame when this isnt true

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Well, that, and... this. Pretty curious, isn't it.
I'm going to be completely honest with you here, I never thought anything was suspicious that Nintendo was involved in Evo2014 with SSBM. But now, realizing that SSBM was banned from previous Evo's by Nintendo, and being in speculation mode due to the Mewtwo thread, something's up. Something is definitely up.

Or not because Sakurai is a huge troll. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled another Greninja on us.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I'm going to be completely honest with you here, I never thought anything was suspicious that Nintendo was involved in Evo2014 with SSBM. But now, realizing that SSBM was banned from previous Evo's by Nintendo, and being in speculation mode due to the Mewtwo thread, something's up. Something is definitely up.

Or not because Sakurai is a huge troll. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled another Greninja on us.
agreed please show mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom