• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Or how about we make both Mewtwo & Jigglypuff DLC since none of Pkmn Trainer's pokemon mattered he's the trainer after all, there was only 4 Pkmn slots in brawl guys never forget :troll:
What I should of said rather was:
Or how about Mewtwo & Jigglypuff unlockable Sm4sh characters & find out that Torterra & Armaldo are miraculously Sm4sh characters for the filling of types & types alone. It started with 2 Pkmn reps, then 4 Melee reps, then 6 Brawl reps....Sakurai can make this common pattern continue. (semi-joking but let's get some responses to this)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
What I should of said rather was:
Or how about Mewtwo & Jigglypuff unlockable Sm4sh characters & find out that Torterra &
Armaldo are miraculously Sm4sh characters for the filling of types & types alone. It started with 2 Pkmn reps, then 4 Melee reps, then 6 Brawl reps....Sakurai can make this common pattern continue. (semi-joking but let's get some responses to this)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Thanks for responding @ im just peachy im just peachy :shades: I liked your gif's facial thought *thumbs up*
thanks ! lol but honestly, in my opinion (bad idea) but I'm going to say it anyway,
if they're going to make DLC for pokémon, they need to make it exciting and something a LOT of people will be interested in
torterra is nice and cool and armaldo is … unique, but it's not enough to get a lot of people on board of buying it as DLC. you feel me ?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
thanks ! lol but honestly, in my opinion (bad idea) but I'm going to say it anyway,
if they're going to make DLC for pokémon, they need to make it exciting and something a LOT of people will be interested in
torterra is nice and cool and armaldo is … unique, but it's not enough to get a lot of people on board of buying it as DLC. you feel me ?
Definitely. I still had this name Idea for the PKMN bundle of DLC if that's gonna be.

Billy Mays here with another fantastic product, act now & YOU could be a Pokemon Master! Yes you heard right & if you act now you can get the So you wanna be a Master?! of Pokemon! bundle right now & you too can play 'em all! Buy it now for $18.99! & we'll guarantee your satisfaction updating our DLC with new & fresh characters monthly so stay tuned!

Edit: Needs more comments =/ Also sad I didn't get post #4444...guess I'll wait for #5555

Double Edit: I just thought of it, since reading past comments about the topic of Mewtwo's MEvo & which one would fit best, having both was said while choosing either or MEvo was also said. I'm gonna go with MegaMewtwoY for my mind has changed. *5 mins* UGH Nvm I want both :urg: We need MegaMewtwoX represented to boost it's popularity. If Sakurai secretly knew about this thread then please Sakurai give MegaMewtwoX a shot at being a FS or a DLC FS.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
:4lucario: and :mewtwopm: are too of my favorite Pokemon along with :4greninja: and :4charizard: in fact all of them were in my original team in X and Y. Well except :mewtwopm: because you couldn't catch him until post game. So I need :mewtwopm: and :4lucario:to coexist. Either that or they add Ledian, Beedrill, and Tyrantrum in Smash xD

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
:4lucario: and :mewtwopm: are too of my favorite Pokemon along with :4greninja: and :4charizard: in fact all of them were in my original team in X and Y. Well except :mewtwopm: because you couldn't catch him until post game. So I need :mewtwopm: and :4lucario:to coexist. Either that or they add Ledian, Beedrill, and Tyrantrum in Smash xD
i also had them on my team besides ledian and beedrill but when smash comes out will anyone try and have the smash roster as there pokemon party

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Brawl Lucas, of course.

Down Smash and Neutral Air are strikingly similar to those of Mewtwo.
Yes, yes they are...I see a slight similarity to their U-smashes & U-throws as well...damn :shades:

Edit: *Waiting for someone to post something so I can post & not edit this much...*

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
i wonder how you will have to unlock mewtow
Well...all that was needed to do for Mewtwo in Melee was have four controllers plugged in & start a melee match, walk away killing 4 - 6 hours of time & come back BAM you got 'em. But for a new twist it could be similar to what Sonic Generations did they brought back old with the modern new. So in this case as speculation you play as Lucario (you gotta unlock Lucario first to get this beast...trust me it would be worth it you know Sakurai would probably do this to us) & have to play classic / w.e mode under a certain difficulty. If you did the condition(s) correctly Mewtwo would cut-scene with NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! making it especially eerie & dark fit for Mewtwo like a Psychic theme. How's that?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Well...all that was needed to do for Mewtwo in Melee was have four controllers plugged in & start a melee match, walk away killing 4 - 6 hours of time & come back BAM you got 'em. But for a new twist it could be similar to what Sonic Generations did they brought back old with the modern new. So in this case as speculation you play as Lucario (you gotta unlock Lucario first to get this beast...trust me it would be worth it you know Sakurai would probably do this to us) & have to play classic / w.e mode under a certain difficulty. If you did the condition(s) correctly Mewtwo would cut-scene with NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! making it especially eerie & dark fit for Mewtwo like a Psychic theme. How's that?
cool i was thinking about haveing every pokemon beat classic mode on normal but i would rather only do it with one i want to play as him as soon as i can

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ skylanders fan skylanders fan That's understandable most loving fans would want that. But on the counter-side of the topic of Mewtwo being unlocked, others would want to earn their heavy-wanted main through the effort in some sense. In the beginning people saw Lucario as the Pkmn who busted Mewtwo's spot over, but that was so long ago I'm glad that's behind. I felt like going with the 'unlock the old with the new' process for a quick example but I'm really liking that a lot.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
@ skylanders fan skylanders fan That's understandable most loving fans would want that. But on the counter-side of the topic of Mewtwo being unlocked, others would want to earn their heavy-wanted main through the effort in some sense. In the beginning people saw Lucario as the Pkmn who busted Mewtwo's spot over, but that was so long ago I'm glad that's behind. I felt like going with the 'unlock the old with the new' process for a quick example but I'm really liking that a lot.
haha good point and would be a way for sakurai to troll us again

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I don't know why but a lot of people treat Mewtwo like a newcomer. It kinda bugs me.
Me right charystary?:shades:

Also, for another almost baseless topic with a thrown out opinion: MegaMewtwoY will most likely happen to be in Sm4sh than MegaMewtwoX because of Psychic/Fighting dual type tampering with Lucario's Fighting type. Let Mewtwo MEvolve to MegaMewtwoY & stay a Psychic exclusive type.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why but a lot of people treat Mewtwo like a newcomer. It kinda bugs me.
If Sakurai chooses the Mewtwo from M16 then you can consider M2 a newcomer because it's different from the Mewtwo in melee (melee's Mewtwo is based off M1 I think). Hopefully Sakurai reuses melee Mewtwo and gives him a revamped moveset.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Thereallucario Thereallucario whatchu think about this weird & random Pkmn suggestion I gave out only for the sole filling of Pkmn types?
Or how about Mewtwo & Jigglypuff unlockable Sm4sh characters & find out that Torterra & Armaldo are miraculously Sm4sh characters, It started with 2 Pkmn reps, then 4 Melee reps, then 6 Brawl reps....Sakurai can make this common pattern continue. (semi-joking but let's get some responses to this)

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Wow you guys move fast in one day. let me get my opinions out before I get completely left in the dust.

1. The guy is obviously new here. let him read the arguments on previous pages before he speaks to get somewhat of a feal for what we mean before pounding his opinion to dust

2. Personally I think that the unlocks will go (if they are in this order)

Starters: :4pikachu: :4charizard: :jigglypuff:

Unlocks: :4greninja: :4lucario::mewtwopm:

DLC::squirtle::ivysaur:(gen 3 remake rep) (WTF rep for pokemon)

Or at least that's what I'd do if I had control over smash 4

3. Those who treat Mewtwo as a newcomer are just unsure of how to address a cut rep. I mean Mewtwo will be the first to become a returnee. He's technically in a class of his own, neither veteran nor newcomer. So, it can be thought either way.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
WAS IT WORTH IT SONIC FANS??!
Yes and No. I cried when Sonic was revealed and saw the trailer Sakurai put in the dojo like 1000 times before we got footage. And I cried when the full roster was leaked and there was no Mewtwo. I love both characters Embarrass

oh god sonic was not worth dropping mewtwo, but at the same time I'm sure people were down his throat about sonic. he did it for the sega fans i guess.
I don't know how to feel about that lol. But I really wanted the two of them in and this time around seems thats going to happen. Don't blame poor Sonic, not his fault. It was Nintendo's fault for pushing Sakurai to end the game fast.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Yes and No. I cried when Sonic was revealed and saw the trailer Sakurai put in the dojo like 1000 times before we got footage. And I cried when the full roster was leaked and there was no Mewtwo. I love both characters Embarrass

I don't know how to feel about that lol. But I really wanted the two of them in and this time around seems thats going to happen. Don't blame poor Sonic, not his fault. It was Nintendo's fault for pushing Sakurai to end the game fast.
Love them both as well. Two of my top Three. Here's to hoping Sonic gets a Sonic Riders Costume, and Mewtwo gets an Armored Mewtwo like in PM.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In response to before, :mewtwomelee: shares as many moves with :lucas: as he does :4lucario:, surprising as it is.
:4charizard: even has :mewtwomelee:'s Forward Tilt and Back Aerial attacks. So :4charizard: in a way should also be deemed as 'too similar' to :mewtwomelee:.

In conclusion: it's all bull**** logic.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm surprised to see no mention of Samus' Charge Shot.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm surprised to see no mention of Samus' Charge Shot.
She came before Mewtwo, so it's OBVIOUS that Mewtwo is the real clone of Samus. In fact, Mewtwo isn't just a clone of everyone, but he got replaced by everyone that was in Brawl!

:troll:

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
She cam before Mewtwo, so it's OBVIOUS that Mewtwo is the real clone of Samus. In fact, Mewtwo isn't just a clone of everyone, but he got replaced by everyone that was in Brawl.

:troll:
You know what's funny, Mewtwo LITERALLY is a clone. Of Mew (mostly), but who knows what else. Is that why Sakurai took him out?! Sakurai must be prejudice towards clones. Lol. /joke

But has anyone ever wondered that? Or if that's ever revealed? They definitely used some other Pokemon's DNA other than Mew's, maybe more than one. Lucario? That makes sense to me. Lucario's DNA as it's basis mixed with Mew's DNA = Mewtwo.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Smash Wars: The Clone Wars.

Starring
  • Mewtwo
  • Snake
  • Roy
  • Captain Ganondorf
  • Pichu
  • Mario in His Lab-Coat (MIHLC)
  • Mini-Link
  • Mini-Zelda
  • Falco

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So I guess Mewtwo isn't just a clone of Mew after all xD.
Just looked it up, and the only explanation comes from the manga. Apparently he's half human (combining the DNA of Mew and Team Rocket scientist Blaine.) Definitely prefer that over Lucario!

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Just looked it up, and the only explanation comes from the manga. Apparently he's half human (combining the DNA of Mew and Team Rocket scientist Blaine.) Definitely prefer that over Lucario!
Living & learning~:4sonic:
I knew he was half-human from human DNA but didn't know Blaine was the human DNA. That is badass

Edit: Fire/Psychic hybrid move-set confirmed :urg:. Charizard's gonna have to keep up..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom