• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

mewtwo and lucario have too much in common for him to be in the game without dlc imo
OH NO! SHADOW BALL AND AURA SPHERE HAVE SIMILAR CHARGING MECHANICS/ANIMATIONS! Forget the properties of the attack, SIMILAR ANIMATIONS FOR ONE WHOLE ATTACK!

Better cut everyone with an up-air flip kick except Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
mewtwo and lucario have too much in common for him to be in the game without dlc imo
Sup im just peacy lemme answer you with this I posted 5 pages ago
I just wanna get this debate of Lucario & Mewtwo being similar out of the way...They're not that similar. at all. The similarity they share would be a fraction of 1-5% solely because of their shared Neutral-B charge animation. Both characters are equally unique and have their own different game play-styles.
....Damn @BluePsychic beat me to it =(

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

i get it, I'm not hating on mewtwo making it back, but lucario replaced him in brawl didn't he ?
i played as mewtwo a lot in melee i enjoyed him quite a bit, I'm all for him making it back into smash
i got like 18 notifications about this post already i understand

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lucario replaced him in brawl didn't he ?
Nope. Unused data on Brawl's disc implies Mewtwo was intended to return, but didn't for unknown reasons. Most assume it was due to time constraints involving Sonic. WAS IT WORTH IT SONIC FANS??!

Last edited by a moderator:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
thats like saying ivysaur replaced pichu
im not going to argue this in a mewtwo thread, im 100 % sure about having a doubtful thought of him getting in the game is like a felony right now, so I'm going to say everyone in this thread is correct and great
:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917

i get it, I'm not hating on mewtwo making it back, but lucario replaced him in brawl didn't he ?
i played as mewtwo a lot in melee i enjoyed him quite a bit, I'm all for him making it back into smash
Mewtwo was planned for Brawl but was cut due to time constraints. Also Mewtwo share more with Ness then he does with lucario.
All his moves are different exept for his neutral special.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

This.

Lucario never replaced Mewtwo lol. Mewtwo was actually in the game, just cut from time constraints.

You posted to an open thread, do you not expect people to reply...? :confused:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Nope. Unused data on Brawl's disc implies Mewtwo was intended to return, but didn't for unknown reasons. Most assume it was due to time constraints involving Sonic. WAS IT WORTH IT SONIC FANS??!
i know about that, its really disappointing ! but consider all of the people that were dying for sonic
i don't know … sakurai probably thought since lucario was 'more involved' in pokemon, he should just drop mewtwo
please don't crucify me.
but yea i would have loved to see toon zelda/tetra, pluse/minun, dixie, and mewtwo in brawl

D

Deleted member

i know about that, its really disappointing ! but consider all of the people that were dying for sonic
i don't know … sakurai probably thought since lucario was 'more involved' in pokemon, he should just drop mewtwo
please don't crucify me.
but yea i would have loved to see toon zelda/tetra, pluse/minun, dixie, and mewtwo in brawl
I think Sakurai was forced to drop Mewtwo due to having to focus development on Sonic. I doubt it has anything to do with "involvement."

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Mewtwo was planned for Brawl but was cut due to time constraints. Also Mewtwo share more with Ness then he does with lucario.
This.

Lucario never replaced Mewtwo lol. Mewtwo was actually in the game, just cut from time constraints.

You posted to an open thread, do you not expect people to reply...? :confused:
i know about the time constraints with dixie, tetra, toon zelda, plusle and minun, and i understand, but the final product he was not in the game.
i did expect replies, but i wasn't aware that it was in a mewtwo thread because I'm new to smashboards

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
please don't crucify me.
thats your idea, but why would he drop mewtwo he has more for him than luacrio has in ths game

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I think Sakurai was forced to drop Mewtwo due to having to focus development on Sonic. I doubt it has anything to do with "involvement."
oh god sonic was not worth dropping mewtwo, but at the same time I'm sure people were down his throat about sonic. he did it for the sega fans i guess.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
thats your idea, but why would he drop mewtwo he has more for him than luacrio has in ths game
i don't really understand what you said, but i just meant at the time, lucario was more involved in the pokemon universe being new to the games, and tv shows.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
i know about the time constraints with dixie, tetra, toon zelda, plusle and minun, and i understand, but the final product he was not in the game.
i did expect replies, but i wasn't aware that it was in a mewtwo thread because I'm new to smashboards
You can say whatever you want about Mewtwo in this thread, whether you think he'll return or not. Just most people in this thread are probably here because they think he will return. If you think otherwise its best to give reasons (which will probably be refuted anyway) or just give a blanket "I'm doubtful about it" statement.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints, also Lucario shares more with Samus and Mewtwo is more similar to Ness then Lucario.

EDIT:Sorry for double post

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
You can say whatever you want about Mewtwo in this thread, whether you think he'll return or not. Just most people in this thread are probably here because they think he will return. If you think otherwise its best to give reasons (which will probably be refuted anyway) or just give a blanket "I'm doubtful about it" statement.
will do platypus :shyguy:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i ment for this game coming out he has more going for him than lucario had but in brawl lucario had more then mewtwo did
oh yea ! totally i agree with you 100% i was actually surprised when lucario was announced because i thought he was going to get cut, due to lack of relativity compared to mewtwo. i thought for SURE mewtwo was going to be in the game until lucario was announced

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Mewtwo was cut due to time constraints, also Lucario shares more with Samus and Mewtwo is more similar to Ness then Lucario.
i just said i knew about the time constants
lucario is floaty how does that compare to samus
and i guess i could see mewtwo being compared to ness in a way

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i think in this game however both will coexist
i really hope that happens, but since we're seeing a cap for 5 characters each franchise of game so far, i really think jigglypuff is going to take the 5th slot, and THIS is where i get the mewtwo being DLC . not because i hate him and will not survive if he's in the game

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Don't worry guys... We'll get this long-needed match under way. :4lucario: has been awaiting for :mewtwopm: to return to his island, & bring the strongest trainers in the world to prove who is the strongest Pokemon in the world!

Edt: yo @ im just peachy im just peachy you shouldcopy pasta your two other posts in your first one & report the two you just copypasta'd from. Helps a lot~ Thanks for Editing~

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
i just said i knew about the time constants
lucario is floaty how does that compare to samus
and i guess i could see mewtwo being compared to ness in a way
Sorry there were so many posts going at once that I didn't even see mine go through!
Ness shares his double jump and his up smash is similer to Mewtwo's up grab.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
i really hope that happens, but since we're seeing a cap for 5 characters each franchise of game so far, i really think jigglypuff is going to take the 5th slot, and THIS is where i get the mewtwo being DLC . not because i hate him and will not survive if he's in the game
or there is always jigglypuff for dlc but 6 pokemon rep that are not dlc make sence so both mewtwo and jiggs are in this game

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Or how about we make both Mewtwo & Jigglypuff DLC since none of Pkmn Trainer's pokemon mattered he's the trainer after all, there was only 4 Pkmn slots in brawl guys never forget :troll:

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
How is Mewtwo similar to Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom