• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Just looked it up, and the only explanation comes from the manga. Apparently he's half human (combining the DNA of Mew and Team Rocket scientist Blaine.) Definitely prefer that over Lucario!
I used to always have a sneaking suspicion he was half human when I saw the First Movie again after many many years even though it was never really clarified in the anime. He looks very human and speaks exactly like one.

But then I found the manga, and that pretty much confirmed I was correct. I wish they had of done this in the anime, it would have been really cool.

Mewtwo's such a badass. There's a reason he's always been my no 1 fav character.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Just looked it up, and the only explanation comes from the manga. Apparently he's half human (combining the DNA of Mew and Team Rocket scientist Blaine.) Definitely prefer that over Lucario!
Wait, Blaine's a member of Team Rocket too? I knew Sabrina was one, but I didn't know Blaine was one too. I also think Koga was also one. Was there any other Team Rocket gym leaders?

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
Remember that there are multiple Mewtwo in not just the anime but the games too. The one in Cerulean Cave in Kanto, and the one in Kalos, and it's also possible that the RBY/FRLG Mewtwo is different from the GSC/HGSS one too.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Remember that there are multiple Mewtwo in not just the anime but the games too. The one in Cerulean Cave in Kanto, and the one in Kalos, and it's also possible that the RBY/FRLG Mewtwo is different from the GSC/HGSS one too.
I always liked to think that Mewtwo could never be caught permanently and just migrates region to region

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Wait, Blaine's a member of Team Rocket too? I knew Sabrina was one, but I didn't know Blaine was one too. I also think Koga was also one. Was there any other Team Rocket gym leaders?
I actually didn't know any of the other gym leaders were Team Rocket, but it would make sense for the Kanto region given that Giovanni is involved. He either has influence over gyms in Kanto or he made allies with certain gyms around the area. I looked it up right now and other than Koga, Sabrina and Blaine, Lt. Surge is also part of Team Rocket. Somehow I'm not surprised by that.

How funny would it be if Brock and Misty were actually undercover Team Rocket and they were just keeping an eye on Ash? LOL.

That's a sensible theory. It would explain why you can catch him in different regions. And why the Mewtwo in movie 16 sounded more feminine and had a somewhat different origin story. Though I believe the most perfected or most powerful Mewtwo clone was the one they showed in the first movie. Despite being both made in Kanto, the one found in Cerulean Cave and the one in the first movie can technically be two different Mewtwos. Then again the movies aren't always canon.

Mewtwo's such a badass. There's a reason he's always been my no 1 fav character.
100000000% agree. There's no other Pokemon or human in that franchise that can surpass his badassness. Not even Arceus' god status.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I've actually heard pretty much the same thing speculated with legendary Pokemon in general. It's not that there's just one of them, it's just that they're so few and far between. Mewtwo, however, I don't fully understand. Unless someone went back to the lab/made a new lab and recloned him, I don't see how more of him would be created.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've actually heard pretty much the same thing speculated with legendary Pokemon in general. It's not that there's just one of them, it's just that they're so few and far between. Mewtwo, however, I don't fully understand. Unless someone went back to the lab/made a new lab and recloned him, I don't see how more of him would be created.
It's possible that the doctors had made more Mewtwo. When scientists doing some experiment, they usually do it more times, for be sure that it works, so it is possible that Team Rocked could have done Several Clones of Mew. Maybe they had considered the original a failure (because he isn't an exact clone of Mew) and have decided to re-make him more similar to Mew. This would explain why the "new" Mewtwo had a more feminine voice and look, because it is more similar to Mew.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
This is what Blaine would of wanted...a badass Poke'son :shades:.
Edit: That is Blaine's son in that card! Heart of the Cards guide you!
Technically speaking, he is Blaine's son according to the manga :p

But speaking of that, it's actually kinda cool how much Blaine does resemble Mewtwo when he doesn't have his disguise on.

Family traits.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Was definitely had a :confused: face from all that gray/grey quote. Also your past post for the lols:

You know what else bugs you? Genesect:troll:. Yo @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A get on in here man we need dat avi & make a movie sequal.

Edi: Genesect's Pokeball is gonna mean mug you Mewtwo just you wait...
lol

GAME THEORY TIME

The 16th anniversary for Mewtwo Strikes Back in Japan lol is approaching. July 18th. Imagine if he were revealed on that day :p On top of that it was a Saturday :) This year it's a Friday! That would be the perfect time to do so!

inb4 im flamed for ruining your hopes and dreams

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
lol

GAME THEORY TIME

The 16th anniversary for Mewtwo Strikes Back in Japan lol is approaching. July 18th. Imagine if he were revealed on that day :p

It takes a real pokemon like Mewtwo to grind his enemies into the dust and decimate them completely. To sh*t on their hopes & dreams... *referencing*
Mewtwo was coming to theaters in IMAX 3D July 18th preparing for this fateful day. The day he grasps his slot throne & never get off it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It takes a real pokemon like Mewtwo to grind his enemies into the dust and decimate them completely. To sh*t on their hopes & dreams... *referencing*
Mewtwo was coming to theaters in IMAX 3D July 18th preparing for this fateful day. The day he grasps his slot throne & never get off it.
Oh please, his crappy movepool and tier position in Melee **** on gamers hopes and dreams already and please dont flame me for that

But honestly, I'm not sure Sakurai would pass up such a golden trolling opportunity which will then be double subverted when it turns out to really be a troll to be really Mewtwo's reveal.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh please, his crappy movepool and tier position in Melee **** on gamers hopes and dreams already and please dont flame me for that

But honestly, I'm not sure Sakurai would pass up such a golden trolling opportunity which will then be double subverted when it turns out to really be a troll to be really Mewtwo's reveal.
No problem, Sakurai probably knows about Project M & Mewtwo from that game. PM Mewtwo does great justice for the character compared to his low-tier sh*t-stain Melee status. I can't wait to get trolled through another direct.:shades:
*accidental double post and i have no idea how to delete posts*
1. Click the Report & give your honest reason for accident etc. & hope the thread moderator(s) notice it.
Or
2. Tag a moderator / Admin / premium member about asking to delete it

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
lol

GAME THEORY TIME

The 16th anniversary for Mewtwo Strikes Back in Japan lol is approaching. July 18th. Imagine if he were revealed on that day :p On top of that it was a Saturday :) This year it's a Friday! That would be the perfect time to do so!

I was gonna say Friday is Saturday in JP, but the timing is right. Just in time for a Thursday night reveal. I'm SO flaming you if this doesn't happen! I have a Charizard and I'm not afraid to use it!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was gonna say Friday is Saturday in JP, but the timing is right. Just in time for a Thursday night reveal. I'm SO flaming you if this doesn't happen! I have a Charizard and I'm not afraid to use it!
oh noes not my x4 weakness to fire also how clichéd to use Charizard, get a different fire type lol

But it's just a theory :( A GAME THEORY god I hate that guy's voice

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I started watching Gnoggin, he's pretty cool & i dig his channel. Off the topic I want every legendary who had an even slight chance of being a playable character (Zoroark Genesect etc.) to give Mewtwo the Luigi stare to remind Mewtwo that he's pretty much the only legendary who can win Smash fan's love.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
oh noes not my x4 weakness to fire also how clichéd to use Charizard, get a different fire type lol

But it's just a theory :( A GAME THEORY god I hate that guy's voice
I was gonna say Volcarona but it doesn't have the same effect.. and I just checked out that guy. Don't like him. He has no faith in Mewtwo's second coming. Lol.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I always liked to think that Mewtwo could never be caught permanently and just migrates region to region
Me too. I just wished they'd explain it in the manga, anime or game Its kinda annoying seeing the feminine Mewtwo in the recent movie after having such a badass Mewtwo in the first film. I prefer just thinking they're clones of the orignal somehow :colorful:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
legendary - zoroark
LEGENDARY - ZOROARK

wat
This is pretty awkward considering the very long ass-post I typed to Sceptile threads..I typed all the right things there but I screw up here..... let me quote myself for 10% justification to my failure of bad Pkmn classification....
I want every legendary, semi-legendary, pseudo-legendary, & semi-puedo who had even the slightest chance of being playable to give Mewtwo the Luigi stare to reminding him that he's pretty much the only legendary out of the 54, who can win Smash fan's love.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
lol

GAME THEORY TIME

@ Masonomace Masonomace @Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! i summon you all to destroy your hopes and dreams with theories that probably wont happen lol o3o

Found ANOTHER theory. July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

I AM GOING TO GET FLAMED BY SO MANY OF YOU WHEN THIS ISNT TRUE, TIME TO HIDE IN MY NUCLEAR BUNKER WAAAAAAAAAAH

inb4 i ruin your hopes and dreams again

JULY, MONTH OF MEWTWO. you know what im going to die from flaming ima shut up now

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Its all just speculation mind you. He could still hold off until the last minute to reveal Mewtwo. But still, more things to talk about that's related to Mewtwo on this forum.

Also, (this may have already bean a topic already brought up before in the way pest but i.m not going back that far) what do you think Mewtwo's reveal trailer would be if he got one?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
@ Masonomace Masonomace @Louie G. @ ORVO5 ORVO5 @ Metros Metros @ Steelia Steelia @ Oops! Oops! i summon you all to destroy your hopes and dreams with theories that probably wont happen lol o3o

Found ANOTHER theory. July 13th(a Sunday or Monday for Japan lol) is the 1 year anniversary of ExtremeSpeed Genesect AKA the debut of Mega Mewtwo Y-OH WAIT THAT'S WRONG. That was July 11th (the day Prologue to Awakening debuted in Japan lol), AND JULY 11TH IS A FRIDAY.

I AM GOING TO GET FLAMED BY SO MANY OF YOU WHEN THIS ISNT TRUE, TIME TO HIDE IN MY NUCLEAR BUNKER WAAAAAAAAAAH

JULY, MONTH OF MEWTWO. you know what im going to die from flaming ima shut up now

Hmm I wonder if July 11 is far enough away from E3.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hmm I wonder if July 11 is far enough away from E3.
1 month.

Its all just speculation mind you. He could still hold off until the last minute to reveal Mewtwo. But still, more things to talk about that's related to Mewtwo on this forum.

Also, (this may have already bean a topic already brought up before in the way pest but i.m not going back that far) what do you think Mewtwo's reveal trailer would be if he got one?
Throwback to years in seclusion, narrated by some cheap butt VA Dan Green, followed by Mewtwo showing himself to everyone, attacking them in the process, especially Charizard.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
It should be, its over a month later. Also, the character count lines up perfectly for two other characters to appear this month, so why not Mewtwo? the other one would probably be Falco, Ness or Caption Falcon.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Maybe something like a shorter version of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMd6wAoqsJ4

Steelia

Smash Champion

Remember that time we expected even a little acknowledgement of Mewtwo during his birthday?
Yeah...
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom