• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Jeez that face. His mean-mugging face after he opens a can of woop *** all over my everything with his mysterious muay thai hotness.:urg:
All of his poses look bad***. Take these for example:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I've got a crazy theory on the Mewtwo mega evolution scene. Why not have mega Mewtwo X On the Wii u version and mega Mewtwo Y on the 3ds version? I mean the color of the flames already match up with the games AND they said nothing of different final smashes for each version.
Has there been evidence of Sakurai doing console exclusive characters? From what I remember, Sakurai said the roster for both games will be similar. It might have been from the Smash Direct..

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I would love for Mewtwo to return... but I somehow doubt it. If Jigglypuff returns, even that will be a lot of Pokemon taking up Roster space. Mega Mewtwo Y would make an amazing combo or integrated into the game somehow while his X would make an awesome transforming Final Smash, a fighting form of Mewtwo in a fighting game? I say yes... but I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed. Let's hope not though! :bee::mewtwomelee:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I would love for Mewtwo to return... but I somehow doubt it. If Jigglypuff returns, even that will be a lot of Pokemon taking up Roster space. Mega Mewtwo Y would make an amazing combo or integrated into the game somehow while his X would make an awesome transforming Final Smash, a fighting form of Mewtwo in a fighting game? I say yes... but I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed. Let's hope not though! :bee::mewtwomelee:
This has definitely been discussed multiple times, and let me save you the trouble of getting flamed and say there's 6 spots available, similar to Brawl. Brawl had 6 Pokemon, and so far there's 4 Pokemon in Smash4. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can both be in.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For the record, we had six Pokemon in Brawl. "Slots" don't mean much: it's all about development time. The pattern of Mario having more/equal slots when compared to Pokemon is just that; a pattern. Sakurai himself considers Brawl's roster to be 39 characters, after all.

Say the roster is 48 characters. Having 6 of those characters be Pokemon is 12.5% of the roster. In Brawl, the roster was 39 characters, 6 being Pokemon. That's about 15% of the roster.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Sakurai knows what he's doing, he's not going to leave Mewtwo out of the game because of some fan-made rule about boxes on the CSS.

Even then, it's not impossible that Mewtwo makes it and Jiggs gets pushed to DLC. Jigglypuff was one of the last three characters added to Brawl, and although she's easy to make, Mewtwo's popularity and relevance may push him back up in priority, out prioritizing Jiggs. If slots were a problem, which they aren't, Mewtwo could make it in without Jiggs as easily as Jiggs can Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This has definitely been discussed multiple times, and let me save you the trouble of getting flamed and say there's 6 spots available, similar to Brawl. Brawl had 6 Pokemon, and so far there's 4 Pokemon in Smash4. Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can both be in.
I've said this a lot in other past Pkmn support threads but Sakurai could stretch that number to 7 or 8. Then again 8 is very naive & is not very logical besides the Smash games pkmn reps rising pattern +2 for each game. Regardless 6 is not a problem at all guys have faith in our savior.:shades:

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
While Brawl had six Pokemon, they only took up four Roster spaces. I don't see why I'd get flamed, I showed my support and love of the character, gave my ideas and everything. I do hope he comes back and I hope I'm wrong, but a gut feeling is telling me otherwise.

For the record, we had six Pokemon in Brawl. "Slots" don't mean much: it's all about development time. The pattern of Mario having more/equal slots when compared to Pokemon is just that; a pattern. Sakurai himself considers Brawl's roster to be 39 characters, after all.

Say the roster is 48 characters. Having 6 of those characters be Pokemon is 12.5% of the roster. In Brawl, the roster was 39 characters, 6 being Pokemon. That's about 15% of the roster.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Sakurai knows what he's doing, he's not going to leave Mewtwo out of the game because of some fan-made rule about boxes on the CSS.

Even then, it's not impossible that Mewtwo makes it and Jiggs gets pushed to DLC. Jigglypuff was one of the last three characters added to Brawl, and although she's easy to make, Mewtwo's popularity and relevance may push him back up in priority, out prioritizing Jiggs. If slots were a problem, which they aren't, Mewtwo could make it in without Jiggs as easily as Jiggs can Mewtwo.
My point is being very missed when I say I hope he does. He did say he was worried about roster space. Him as DLC would be splendid if he didn't make it into the final cut. You really think they'll have full character DLCs though?

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While Brawl had six Pokemon, they only took up four Roster spaces. I don't see why I'd get flamed, I showed my support and love of the character, gave my ideas and everything. I do hope he comes back and I hope I'm wrong, but a gut feeling is telling me otherwise.
I'm glad that you support Mewtwo. It's just the common misconception of roster slots actually meaning something that ticks me off a little bit. It's not just you, tons of other people have that mindset.

But think of it this way: People are literally using the boxes on the character select screen as a reason to include or exclude a character. Mario and Pokemon don't have to be even in "slot" number. In Brawl, Sakurai referred to the roster as 39 characters, not 34 as the CSS would suggest. I know that Sakurai won't look at the CSS and say "nope, we can't have Mewtwo because Pokemon would have more slots than Mario". He'll add Mewtwo based on merit, popularity, and relevance.

And yes, I do think character DLC is very likely. Especially if a character has files in game a la the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. That would make easy DLC, as they would just have to finish up the character that may or may not be close to completion anyway.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I'm glad that you support Mewtwo. It's just the common misconception of roster slots actually meaning something that ticks me off a little bit. It's not just you, tons of other people have that mindset.

But think of it this way: People are literally using the boxes on the character select screen as a reason to include or exclude a character. Mario and Pokemon don't have to be even in "slot" number. In Brawl, Sakurai referred to the roster as 39 characters, not 34 as the CSS would suggest. I know that Sakurai won't look at the CSS and say "nope, we can't have Mewtwo because Pokemon would have more slots than Mario". He'll add Mewtwo based on merit, popularity, and relevance.

And yes, I do think character DLC is very likely. Especially if a character has files in game a la the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. That would make easy DLC, as they would just have to finish up the character that may or may not be close to completion anyway.
Yeah that's true. I just feel like there are also other characters from other series that haven't been represented, but we shall see. Here's to hoping he returns, and not with that annoying ass female voice from the newest movie.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You really think they'll have full character DLCs though?
I hope so. The only thing standing in the way of character DLC is online play, but they could get around that by only letting you use DLC if both games have it installed.

Especially if a character has files in game a la the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. That would make easy DLC, as they would just have to finish up the character that may or may not be close to completion anyway

I've said this a lot in other past Pkmn support threads but Sakurai could stretch that number to 7 or 8. Then again 8 is very naive & is not very logical besides the Smash games pkmn reps rising pattern +2 for each game. Regardless 6 is not a problem at all guys have faith in our savior.:shades:
Pokemon is the one series with the most viable reps, I would say. 6 is not a problem, neither is 7 (depending on row length). But 8 is a little needy without DLC, imo.

EDIT:

Because why not.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Most Mewtwo fans can agree with that. :laugh:
I am so glad I'm not the only one. They coulda just got another male voice actor, there's only one Mewtwo.

I hope so. The only thing standing in the way of character DLC is online play, but they could get around that by only letting you use DLC if both games have it installed.
Like PlayStation Allstars. I don't mean to bring that up to compare! Just that tiny aspect of DLC and how its work with DLC characters.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yes, this! If Mewtwo isn't included in the original roster, I'd like to think the internet will raise so much hell, Sakurai will include Mewtwo in the first DLC. I definitely will be one of the first to demand him as DLC. Though I'm still very hopeful for Mewtwo being in the main roster, it just makes sense, as we all know here.

Just saying, every now and then new members stop by and say the same things and everyone chimes in on why Mewtwo won't be in the game because of "reason A/B/C", just wanted to skip the part where everyone explains it all over again :)

Like PlayStation Allstars. I don't mean to bring that up to compare! Just that tiny aspect of DLC and how its work with DLC characters.
Yep. It shouldn't affect online play at all. If they pre-planned DLC instead of deciding to do DLC afterwards, they wouldn't have an issue just giving us new characters and have to worry about them being used in different modes of the game.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Warning Received
I've never played that, but I think I get your point.
i find it enjoyable as well but #SSBFTW :joyful:

Yep. It shouldn't affect online play at all. If they pre-planned DLC instead of deciding to do DLC afterwards, they wouldn't have an issue just giving us new characters and have to worry about them being used in different modes of the game.[/quote]
I definitely agree with you there, man. :b:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
i find it enjoyable as well but #SSBFTW :joyful:
I have it and got all the DLC characters, very fun but it's not the same. I kept trying to find the most Mewtwo-like of the bunch.. the closest I get was either Sly Cooper or Kat, lol.

PS, Be careful of double posts!

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I have it and got all the DLC characters, very fun but it's not the same. I kept trying to find the most Mewtwo-like of the bunch.. the closest I get was either Sly Cooper or Kat, lol.

PS, Be careful of double posts!
My bad, I'm just clicking on notifications and replying, not meaning to double post xP I love Kat o.o and most of the roster there xD

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I think 7 would be a surprise, and 8 would be mind blowing, haha. But yes, the countdown has begun to Sept 13, we'll see soon! 68 days!!

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
"I see now that the circumstances of one's inclusion are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of a roster slot that determines who you are."

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
...they wouldn't have an issue just giving us new characters and have to worry about them being used in different modes of the game
Sort of irrelevant, but they could to what Super Smash Flash 2 (browser game) had promised, and make the trophies (all star, classic) for that character have a different colored base, such as silver as opposed to gold. I don't know, you just reminded me of that.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
You guys remember when mega evolution was first announced? One of the first few images I remember seeing was this:

I can see Sakurai looking at this image and saying, "YES, THIS FOR SMASH!" Of course, that's wishful thinking on my part. But I can definitely see them going the MMY route with this one.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You guys remember when mega evolution was first announced? One of the first few images I remember seeing was this:

I can see Sakurai looking at this image and saying, "YES, THIS FOR SMASH!" Of course, that's wishful thinking on my part. But I can definitely see them going the MMY route with this one.
We can only hope
:)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

This as an image of the day if Mewtwo does return would be epic as all heck.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I think Mega Mewtwo Y makes sense. Like Mega Charizard X it looks different enough from the normal form that it'd be perfect for the final smash.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I can see it now. At the August Direct Sakurai puts up a trailer and it says: a match 7 years in the making and then he reveals Mewtwo and then Mewtwo and Lucario have an epic battle but before it finishes Sakurai says you have to buy the game to finish it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've never played that, but I think I get your point.
Trust me,you don't want to play that game.

I'm getting much more anxious for EVO by the day. Your hopes and dreams will be ruined Only because I have to see if my convoluted and insanely coincidental theories are true :o

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Trust me,you don't want to play that game.

I'm getting much more anxious for EVO by the day. Your hopes and dreams will be ruined Only because I have to see if my convoluted and insanely coincidental theories are true :o
The thing that concerns me with that is if they made an announcement, it'll be only national. Sure it'll eventually be international, but don't they broadcast big news like that internationally first? Like the Smash Direct. It would be ideal to have it at EVO but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The thing that concerns me with that is if they made an announcement, it'll be only national. Sure it'll eventually be international, but don't they broadcast big news like that internationally first? Like the Smash Direct. It would be ideal to have it at EVO but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
You got a point there, but that doesn't mean that he's wrong. It would definitely be an ideal time to reveal Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom