• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91105966296/rumor-mill-gematsu-plus-rumor

I highly doubt the credibility of this leak, but I'm kind of desperate when it comes to hope at this point.

We'll know for sure whether or not to dismiss it entirely by this Friday, at least, since they announced a specific timeframe.
Yeah, this seems pretty bogus. The fact that it has no relation to Gematsu at all except mentioning Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Kids, yet uses the same name is really funny. Does the faker think Gematsu is a title or something? I also love that the faker mentions Wario, who is obviously one of the next veterans to be revealed. Even if he is revealed this week, I still won't believe it. Had he used someone less obvious (as in, not Wario or Ice Climbers) and then that character was confirmed, then maybe this would have a shred of legitimacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

I highly doubt the credibility of this leak, but I'm kind of desperate when it comes to hope at this point.

We'll know for sure whether or not to dismiss it entirely by this Friday, at least, since they announced a specific timeframe.
This should be mass-media'd to accelerate the hype train coming this Friday. I tried not to let this phase me for now but you'll know my hype train will go to mach 3 in less than a second when this becomes reality.:shades:

Edit: Also found it humorous when the added out of nowhere characters being Ridley DixieKong, & Issac were shown. Also funny from the bold said words "Mewtwo is confirmed", not to mention as the proof, wario is going to be announced. Not buying this "Shut up & take my money" deal:ohwell:.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

This should be mass-media'd to accelerate the hype train coming this Friday. I tried not to let this phase me for now but you'll know my hype train will go to mach 3 in less than a second when this becomes reality.:shades:
You say "when." Is it because you think that Ridley, Isaac, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo will be playable, or is it because you think Wario will be revealed Friday. :troll:

D

Deleted member

You actually made me lmao drinking water. I was mentioning about Wario:troll:
Well of course Wario will be revealed next. That's why this leak is bogus. :troll:

Unless...

Wario's the faker guys, he's just sick of waiting. So he's trying to pull the same thing as the fake Falco thing so that people will complain when he is not revealed. Very clever... :wario:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelia

Smash Champion

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well I'm hyped anyway. Could lead to a character reveal, doesn't matter who.

However, Mewtwo would be extremely hyped, especially at a Melee tournament.
And LIQUID drew a lot of connections to anniversaries and the like this week pertaining to Mewtwo.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it could happen.
I finally read the entire page and now I'm flattered. How am I such a lucky foreshadower? I predict the date resemblance between Extremespeed Genesect and it coincides with EVO. And the cherry on top is the announcement. If I get this right I will die a happy man.

I looked into it and it came from GameFaqs. How many of you still believe in flipping GAMEFAQS to bring you valid dev info? Because I don't, and never will. Only part of that that can be believed is Mewtwo returning, and I've posted a dozen theories as to why(which is also why my likes page is flooded with Mewtwo).

Holy hotness at the announcement news hype. Let these theories be put to the test @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :shades:
Now I realize something. Did I say I needed a nuclear bunker for all the flame I'll get if I'm wrong? Now with these announcements, I'm wrong.

I need an army of goddamn Heatran to protect myself from the flaming D: because it has flash fire lol

But seriously, I'm not sure I can take all this hype :D

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I finally read the entire page and now I'm flattered. How am I such a lucky foreshadower? I predict the date resemblance between Extremespeed Genesect and it coincides with EVO. And the cherry on top is the announcement. If I get this right I will die a happy man.

I looked into it and it came from GameFaqs. How many of you still believe in flipping GAMEFAQS to bring you valid dev info? Because I don't, and never will. Only part of that that can be believed is Mewtwo returning, and I've posted a dozen theories as to why(which is also why my likes page is flooded with Mewtwo).

Now I realize something. Did I say I needed a nuclear bunker for all the flame I'll get if I'm wrong? Now with these announcements, I'm wrong.

I need an army of goddamn Heatran to protect myself from the flaming D: because it has flash fire lol

But seriously, I'm not sure I can take all this hype :D
If you need more likes fueling your Mewtwo notifications then get to making more theories:skull:, not even all of the non-existent Heatran's can save you from the amount of flame over the internet.:demon:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If you need more likes fueling your Mewtwo notifications then get to making more theories:skull:, not even all of the non-existent Heatran's can save you from the amount of flame over the internet.:demon:
Nah I'm just kidding :troll:

It's just that my brilliance now has me wondering about the backlash if Sakurai trolls us :p

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Nah I'm just kidding :troll:

It's just that my brilliance now has me wondering about the backlash if Sakurai trolls us :p
This "leak" is already fueling Sakurai's trolling energy increasing more as we all think about it. Our Mewtwo everything will decimate completely Wario may be revealed though.:shades:

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I don't buy that leak, mainly due to Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Isaac.

At this point, I don't think Ridley will be playable and makes it sound more like a fan's ideal newcomer list and is using the Gematsu name for attention.

But if Wario is confirmed this week, that'd be favorable for the leak's credibility, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, is this a genuine piece of artwork from TPC or Sugimori?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I've scoped this thread for quite some time, but never have I contributed in any sense. With that being said, allow me to speak a little of my mind towards my wanting of a playable Mewtwo in SSBIV, for anyone interested:

Mewtwo, in the Pokemon medium, is easily one of the most recognizable characters. His relevance in the first generation of games, the first animated movie (etc.), and his more recent relevancy with the sixth generation of games (mega evolution), Pokemon: The Origin, and recent featured film shows that Mewtwo is a legendary that has / is standing the test of time (i.e. he's / she's not a one-shot). Personally speaking, I love Mewtwo. To this day, he / she stands as my favorite legendary, and one of my favorite Pokemon in general. In fact, the first Pokemon movie is still one of my favorite movies; I find that Mewtwo's character was portrayed perfectly in script, not to mention that (in this case) his given voice actor in the movie was memorable and spot-on.

My playing time has considerably decreased the past couple of years (I play 64 on occasion because it's my favorite, as well as Melee to a lesser extent, just to keep myself on point. I plan to make a return come SSBIV), but as far as Melee is concerned, Mewtwo was / is my secondary character of choice (Falco being my lead). Tier-wise, I understand Mewtwo isn't exactly the best of characters, but I don't really care about tiers all too much (let that not effect my competitive merits any; Believe me, I'm no scrub, ha ha. I just believe in using a character that you like and / or that feels "right" to you). Aside from my loyalty to "The Legend of Zelda" franchise, Mewtwo is by far my favorite character in Melee, and in terms of actually playing, I genuinely believe he / she is the most interesting / fun to use out of any and everyone else (to me). Needless to say, Brawl had disappointed me when (amongst other reasons, but we need not delve into that. Ha ha) Mewtwo had not made a return. Moving away from that, Mewtwo is one of, if not the character that is most deserving to make a poised comeback for SSBIV. There are of course characters such as Jigglypuff (of the O.G. 12), Ganondorf, Captain Falcon (etc.) who are expected / shoe-in's and wanted to be revealed, and there are characters such as King K. Rool, Shulk (etc.) who definitely have merits of their own to be deserving enough an opportunity to be casted as playable in this game of Nintendo All-Stars (bar Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man currently). In Mewtwo's situation, he / she could almost be treated as something akin to a "Returning-Newcomer", due to his / her appearance in Melee, and absence (but also planned) appearance in Brawl. . .

. . . Again, I check this thread on occasion, and I'm not ignorant to know of what his pros and cons to being playable are, nor to any expectation, etc. I'm no Nostradamus, per se, and I won't act like I know Mewtwo is 100% in this game (during the pre-Brawl days, I never even dreamed of the exclusion that was to come), but I will say that I feel comfortable about his / her inclusion. The worst I can see is that Mewtwo is being planned, and may not perhaps meet the development / release schedule thresh-hold, and will later be introduced as DLC (though let me of course mention that I expect / want Mewtwo to be available as an unlockable upon the purchase of the game). Regardless, I foresee a future in where a playable Mewtwo will be readily available in the life-span of SSBIV, preferably sooner than later. I know what I have written (technically typed) may have been quite a lot for some, and I apologize in advanced if I had bored anyone who had bothered to read what I had to say, but know this; I believe I've made it clear that there is now another supporter for the character and inclusion of Mewtwo in the upcoming SSBIV!

Extra's:
Well, with that big wall of text now behind me (or above, if we're being literal. Ha), I'd like to just take this opportunity to leave a few things people may be curious about, or perhaps would find interesting. These will be things mildly concerning Mewtwo, although not pertaining to reason whether or not he / she will be returning in SSBIV, and for that reason, I'll be leaving them in spoiler tags.

Creo's "Most Wanted" characters for SSBIV (in order):
1 - Shulk
2 - King K. Rool
3 - Mewtwo
4 - A revamped Ganondorf (I've come to accept that my wanting of a new additional LoZ character is now slim at best)
And a shout-out to the Ridley supporters; Personally, I'm indifferent towards him, but I do believe Metroid does in fact deserve an additional representative, and at this point (and arguably any point), there isn't a better choice.

Creo's idea on Mewtwo's gender:
This is sort of random, but as I kept having to type "him / her" (as I find "it" to be disrespectful, fictional character or not), a little thought had come to mind; Mewtwo, as is, has an unspecified gender. Due to his / her appearance, the first movie, and original portrayal, I'm going to assume that his base is second-male (as most people adhere Mewtwo to begin with, though we can also just assume that it (being the gender, not Mewtwo) is what it is, and that is genderless (Mewtwo is an experiment, after all)). Mega Mewtwo Y, as portrayed by the recent featured film, is clearly more femininely dominant, as is the overall design as far as I'm concerned, so I consider a Mewtwo in that branch as female. Mega Mewtwo X, being more portrayed as a fighter, and in visual appearance, clearly has masculinity dominance, therefore it would look something like this:

Mega Mewtwo X (Male)
Base Mewtwo (Genderless)
Mega Mewtwo Y (Female)

Having it portrayed like this would allow Mewtwo to regularly be genderless, or a "blank slate", so to speak, with the ability to branch off towards whichever gender. To pretty much conclude, Mewtwo doesn't care about genderisms, and thus doesn't (or shouldn't) have much problem appealing towards any kind of gender-specific audience! ;w;

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I've scoped this thread for quite some time, but never have I contributed in any sense. With that being said, allow me to speak a little of my mind towards my wanting of a playable Mewtwo in SSBIV, for anyone interested:

Mewtwo, in the Pokemon medium, is easily one of the most recognizable characters. His relevance in the first generation of games, the first animated movie (etc.), and his more recent relevancy with the sixth generation of games (mega evolution), Pokemon: The Origin, and recent featured film shows that Mewtwo is a legendary that has / is standing the test of time (i.e. he's / she's not a one-shot). Personally speaking, I love Mewtwo. To this day, he / she stands as my favorite legendary, and one of my favorite Pokemon in general. In fact, the first Pokemon movie is still one of my favorite movies; I find that Mewtwo's character was portrayed perfectly in script, not to mention that his given voice actor in the movie was memorable and spot-on.

My playing time has considerably decreased the past couple of years (I play 64 on occasion because it's my favorite, as well as Melee to a lesser extent, just to keep myself on point. I plan to make a return come SSBIV), but as far as Melee is concerned, Mewtwo was / is my secondary character of choice (Falco being my lead). Tier-wise, I understand Mewtwo isn't exactly the best of characters, but I don't really care about tiers all too much. Aside from my loyalty to "The Legend of Zelda" franchise, Mewtwo is by far my favorite character in Melee, and in terms of actually playing, I genuinely believe he / she is the most interesting / fun to use out of any and everyone else (to me). Needless to say, Brawl had disappointed me when (amongst other reasons, but we need not delve into that. Ha ha) Mewtwo had not made a return. Moving away from that, Mewtwo is one of, if not the character that is most deserving to make a poised comeback for SSBIV. There are of course characters such as Jigglypuff (of the O.G. 12), Ganondorf, Captain Falcon (etc.) who are expected / shoe-in's and wanted to be revealed, and there are characters such as King K. Rool, Shulk (etc.) who definitely have merits of their own to be deserving enough an opportunity to be casted as playable in this game of Nintendo All-Stars (bar Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man currently). In Mewtwo's situation, he could almost be treated as something akin to a "Returning-Newcomer", due to his / her appearance in Melee, and absence (but also planned) appearance in Brawl. . .

. . . Again, I check this thread on occasion, and I'm not ignorant to know of what his pros and cons to being playable are, nor to any expectation, etc. I'm no Nostradamus, per se, and I won't act like I know Mewtwo is 100% in this game (during the pre-Brawl days, I never even dreamed of the exclusion that was to come), but I will say that I feel comfortable about his / her inclusion. The worst I can see is that Mewtwo is being planned, and may not perhaps meet the development / release schedule thresh-hold, and will later be introduced as DLC (though let me of course mention that I expect / want Mewtwo to be available as an unlockable upon the purchase of the game). Regardless, I foresee a future in where a playable Mewtwo will be readily available in the life-span of SSBIV, preferably sooner than later. I know what I have written (technically typed) may have been quite a lot for some, and I apologize in advanced if I had bored anyone who had bothered to read what I had to say, but know this; I believe I've made it clear that there is now another supporter for the character and inclusion of Mewtwo in the upcoming SSBIV!

Extra's:
Well, with that big wall of text now behind me (or above, if we're being literal. Ha), I'd like to just take this opportunity to leave a few things people may be curious about, or perhaps would find interesting. These will be things mildly concerning Mewtwo, although not pertaining to reason whether or not he / she will be returning in SSBIV, and for that reason, I'll be leaving them in spoiler tags.

Creo's "Most Wanted" characters for SSBIV (in order):
1 - Shulk
2 - King K. Rool
3 - Mewtwo
4 - A revamped Ganondorf (I've come to accept that my wanting of a new additional LoZ character is now slim at best)
And a shout-out to the Ridley supporters; Personally, I'm indifferent towards him, but I do believe Metroid does in fact deserve an additional representative, and at this point (and arguably any point), there isn't a better choice.

Creo's idea on Mewtwo's gender:
This is sort of random, but as I kept having to type "him / her" (as I find "it" to be disrespectful, fictional character or not), a little thought had come to mind; Mewtwo, as is, has an unspecified gender. Due to his appearance, the first movie, and original portrayal, I'm going to assume that his base is second-male (as most people adhere Mewtwo to begin with, though we can also just assume that it (being the gender, not Mewtwo) is what it is, and that is genderless (Mewtwo is an experiment, after all)). Mega Mewtwo Y, as portrayed by the recent featured film, is clearly more femininely dominant, as is the overall design as far as I'm concerned, so I consider a Mewtwo in that branch as female. Mega Mewtwo X, being more portrayed as a fighter, and in visual appearance, clearly has masculinity dominance, therefore it would would looks something like this:

Mega Mewtwo X (Male)
Base Mewtwo (Genderless)
Mega Mewtwo Y (Female)

Having it portrayed like this would allow Mewtwo to regularly be genderless, or a "blank slate", so to speak, with the ability to branch off towards whichever gender. To pretty much conclude, Mewtwo doesn't care about genderisms, and thus doesn't (or shouldn't) have much problem appealing towards any kind of gender-specific audience! ;w;
First of all If I were the thread maker I'd insta-add you on the Mewtwo Support List just from all that amazing wall of green text.:shades:
But it's seriously not just the green text. I approve 99% of this entire post you made there @ Creo Creo , I only feel disappointed when you didn't mention a thing about Project M Mewtwo:mewtwopm:. As a character mewtwo was given all of the justice he lacked from Melee. Other than that I have nothing more to say! I heavily agreed to the Mega Evolution visually protraying a gender given to Mewtwo that was interesting, this was probably ll in our minds from seeing them & watching the Genesect movie. Thanks for Posting your awesome support for Sakurai's psychic medium!

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I don't buy that leak, mainly due to Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Isaac.

At this point, I don't think Ridley will be playable and makes it sound more like a fan's ideal newcomer list and is using the Gematsu name for attention.

But if Wario is confirmed this week, that'd be favorable for the leak's credibility, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, is this a genuine piece of artwork from TPC or Sugimori?

I was thinking the exact same think. The chances of Ridley being playable are getting smaller, Isaac would have been revealed already if he was a newcomer, same thing for Dixie as Isaac.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wait a second guys, I just tied some strings together, and I'm disappointed.

What if Wario is the one being announced at EVO during the Announcements & Awards? It would line up with the GematsuPlus leak, and it also gives a reveal for EVO. I don't know why Wario would be revealed at EVO at the end of this week, it lines up.

Here's to hoping we get Mewtwo at EVO.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
That leak is probably fake. Why would they keep secret Dixie, when they had the chance to show her for the relase of Tropical Freeze? Also, I still don't see why they will include her besides King K. Rool, who is a big requested villain with great potential for an unique moveset (more than another monkey).

BTW Are we sure that is Nintendo who will do announcements during the EVO?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That leak is probably fake. Why would they keep secret Dixie, when they had the chance to show her for the relase of Tropical Freeze? Also, I still don't see why they will include her besides King K. Rool, who is a big requested villain with great potential for an unique moveset (more than another monkey).

BTW Are we sure that is Nintendo who will do announcements during the EVO?
The thing that makes me think it's fake is the Wario aspect cause it reminds me of the Falco leak. Plus, the fact that it calls itself "Gematsu", as if it's trying to seem credible. I guess I'll just add this to the "OK I guess we'll see but I'm not getting hyped" list.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Wait a second guys, I just tied some strings together, and I'm disappointed.

What if Wario is the one being announced at EVO during the Announcements & Awards? It would line up with the GematsuPlus leak, and it also gives a reveal for EVO. I don't know why Wario would be revealed at EVO at the end of this week, it lines up.

Here's to hoping we get Mewtwo at EVO.

Well one thing to think about is Wario wasn't in Melee as a playable character (I highly doubt they would reveal him because he was a trophy in Melee) Mewtwo and Roy are the only ones I think they would reveal at EVO.

D

Deleted member

Why does everyone think there's gonna be a reveal at EVO?

I will bet every user here 1 cent that it's not going to happen. Dial your hype back to more realistic levels.

And most realistic EVO reveal would be Ice Climbers. They were in Melee, and are quite popular competitively.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Well one thing to think about is Wario wasn't in Melee as a playable character (I highly doubt they would reveal him because he was a trophy in Melee) Mewtwo and Roy are the only ones I think they would reveal at EVO.
I wanted to imply that he wasn't in Melee so chances are not, but I guess I forgot. :ohwell: I was just trying to bring two pages of posts together. That's why I used "What if...". I agree with you, though. Mewtwo and Roy are the most likely choices.

I will bet every user here 1 cent that it's not going to happen. Dial your hype back to more realistic levels.

And most realistic EVO reveal would be Ice Climbers. They were in Melee, and are quite popular competitively.
I don't personally expect for a reveal at EVO, it's just suspicious that there are announcements surrounding the Melee finals. And Nintendo's sponsoring EVO. But, hey, we can hope, right?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I don't think so either. I think Nintendo is just being supportive. Like I mentioned before, I'm pretty sure they have an announcements and awards segment at every EVO.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Well the Ice Climbers were also in Brawl. We were speculating Mewtwo and Roy because they were only in Melee and weren't included in Brawl.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
A LOT of competitive smash players will be in EVO and TONS of fans around the world will be watching it. Nintendo is involved in this year's Evo and IMO It looks like a great oportunity to keep advertising the new Smash. I wouldn't be surprised if in the announcement parts they'll do something to promote Smash4 and hype the smashers.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Remember the reveal at that big Japanese event, that World Hobby Fair?
Yeah, me neither. ]:

No harm in hoping for something big, but don't blame Sakurai if the hype comes crashing back down on you. Still, I'll definitely be staying tuned before/after the finals and see what announcements they could have.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, me neither. ]:

No harm in hoping for something big, but don't blame Sakurai if the hype comes crashing back down on you. Still, I'll definitely be staying tuned before/after the finals and see what announcements they could have.
I'll be staying tuned, because MAHVEL.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah, me neither. ]:

It wasn't really a reveal though, it was just a flier saying who could be next? ;)

Besides, the World Hobby Fair is hardly a place for reveals. I personally thought that the flier meant they'll reveal someone soon, and not during the event. But EVO is. Not that I'm getting my hopes up either. It seems unlikely to me due to the unlikeliness of Sakurai's attendance and that it's a US-only event (even if it's gonna be streamed) but I'm open to it. Hey, if they really wanted to have Sakurai there they can just have him livestreamed during an announcement. But again, unlikely.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't say I'm expecting anything to be revealed at EVO, but I do plan on keeping my eye on it. I don't want to risk missing a potential reveal of my most wanted character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom