• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You don't need to put your faith in bogus theories to care about Mewtwo.

I have the upmost confidence in Mewtwo, but I'm not going to jump at any possible indication of his inclusion.
His importance to Pokemon and overall popularity is enough to get him into the game.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
You don't need to put your faith in bogus theories to care about Mewtwo.

I have the upmost confidence in Mewtwo, but I'm not going to jump at any possible indication of his inclusion.
His importance to Pokemon and overall popularity is enough to get him into the game.
You act like its all in or all out with theories, whats up with that? you know there's such a thing as dipping your toe in the water? None of us are jumping to conclusions, just making keen observations, then you come in calling us fools?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You act like its all in or all out with theories, whats up with that? you know there's such a thing as dipping your toe in the water? None of us are jumping to conclusions, just making keen observations, then you come in calling us fools?
I'm just annoyed that people are still talking about it. It's proven false, everyone should just drop it.

I've been turned off from characters because of theories and conspiracies: Ridley being a prime example.
I don't want the Mewtwo fanbase to get looked down upon for this.

So that's why. I'm just looking out for fanbases that I care about.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I'm just annoyed that people are still talking about it. It's proven false, everyone should just drop it.

I've been turned off from characters because of theories and conspiracies: Ridley being a prime example.

The thing just ended literally last night and some people are unaware of what the event even was, so noone knew when it ended, or what would happen, and since it was in japan, when the U.S. would get some kind of "its official" notification, so thats why some are still talking, but mostly we've moved on from the theory, Im sorry but you kinda jumped the anger wagon real quick on this one.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I'm sad that people are believing this theory.
Not even @ ORVO5 ORVO5 was serious about it.

If Mewtwo fans become the new Ridley fans it will be a very sad day.
Nothing wrong with speculation. It would be a fairly boring thread if there was none and Mewtwo wouldn't be the most popular thread here. Essentially EVERYBODY that is here wants Mewtwo in the game. If there was no push for him, or no demand, Sakurai wouldn't have even bothered calling out from the audience. We're supposed to take that as a positive sign, just like the flier.

You have to allow people to speculate. You might think we're becoming the new Ridley fans or something along those lines, but all we are doing is finding something to keep us going and keep us hyped! If there was no clues about then it would be fairly obvious he's not in the game.

Be positive! :)

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
They are NOT GOING TO ANNOUNCE MEWTWO! If he's coming back at all, he will probably be unlockable.:mewtwomelee::mewtwopm:
See this is the divide between the picture speculation, and the nuts speculation. Its key when speculating to clarify you're not saying it's fact. You have no evidence to present, therefore your not making a good speculation. Speculation without probable evidence.

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
See this is the divide between the picture speculation, and the nuts speculation. Its key when speculating to clarify you're not saying it's fact. You have no evidence to present, therefore your not making a good speculation. Speculation without probable evidence.
He was unlockable in Melee, so he will probably be unlockable again if he's coming back(which I really hope he is).:mewtwopm::)

So he won't be announced or deconfirmed, because it would be dumb to announce the unlockable characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Above all, we should just hope he's in the game, unlockable or not.

If he is revealed, and confirmed to be as unlockable as well, I'd just be overjoyed knowing he's back. I couldn't care less WHAT he is in the game, as long as he's in.

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Above all, we should just hope he's in the game, unlockable or not.

If he is revealed, and confirmed to be as unlockable as well, I'd just be overjoyed knowing he's back. I couldn't care less WHAT he is in the game, as long as he's in.
I couldn't agree more.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, he's somewhat more likely to return as an unlockable. I hope he's in.:awesome::mewtwopm:

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
If he doesn't come back, at least we still have Lucario. But I really wish people would stop hoping for Zoroark.

the part that we have a problem with is you saying that he definitely won't be announced because of being an unlockable. We have no proof of that
Your right, but they haven't announced Jigglypuff, who was one of the original 12!

They wouldn't abandon one of the original 12.

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
If they would, I'd be surprised, because they haven't before.

All I'm saying is that we should not abandon the idea of Mewtwo returning just because he hasn't been announced yet.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
If they would, I'd be surprised, because they haven't before.
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned Sakurai said that he wants to wow people, and he loses his chance if the people in japan leak everything. Plus, nintendo would likely benefit from having more hype behind this game, and having a character like mewtwo just be leaked may be a wasted opportunity. This is just my point of view, of course.

All I'm saying is that we should not abandon the idea of Mewtwo returning just because he hasn't been announced yet.
I am unsure what this has to do with what we are talking about

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@ MasterDoom1666 MasterDoom1666 please refrain from double posting. That is to make consecutive posts in a period of time. You actually triple posted at one point. If you'd like to answer someone's post or add something you thought of later but no one has posted, simply use the Edit button to go to the Post Editor. Continuing to double post is going to result in more infractions.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
We already have 4 Pokemon characters revealed so the rest might be secret characters. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can return. Mewtwo was originally planned to be in Brawl as he is one of the forbidden seven. Plusle and Minun where also cut so there was originally going to be 6 Pokemon characters. Count Pokemon trainer as 3 and Plusle and Minun as 2 and that means originally 8 Pokemon were planned to be in the game.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Aw, I definitely didn't mean for that speculation to be taken too seriously but the speculation came from a graphic design viewpoint (I minored in graphic design in art college, also one of my hobbies is cryptography/steganography) so please don't lump me in with the Ridley "I see shapes in the clouds" people. :laugh: There's a great difference between an educated guess and apophenia.

Not to say that my theory is evidence
, but the flier was given out to intentionally get people speculating, and that's not a theory, that's a marketing strategy; there was at least one graphic designer who worked on the flier who's design was approved by higher ups in their marketing division who were aware of the ideology behind the design, and whether it was his design or somebody else tweaked it, just about every character on that roster was placed in a particular spot for a reason. It's not entirely illogical to assume that they could have included a hint in there, that's part of the marketing strategy, and hints on fliers is probably one of the most cliche concepts ever. It's possible that they could just be taking cue from Sakurai and used their knowledge of graphic design to troll us, which is fine. It's Smash, it's not supposed to be taken too seriously.

As for the Ridley community, I'm not all that familiar with them, but there are enough sensible people in this thread that I know we're not going to become a conspiracy theory thread.

And I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but one last thing I want to clear up - I'm confused by the "proven false" comment. If you were referring to how it's proven false because there were no character reveals, I just want to say that I posted the theory about the flier not because I thought there was going to be a character reveal - in fact, by the time I posted it, I knew the event was already over - I posted it because, as I mentioned, the flier was meant to be taken home and speculated upon, seeing as it was given out one day before the last day. Overall, we all know it's very likely Mewtwo will be in the game. Let's just keep the hype going until the game is released and we get the full details!

:150:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If he doesn't come back, at least we still have Lucario. But I really wish people would stop hoping for Zoroark.
I never liked the idea of Zoroark. I was so relieved when it was disconfirmed. I hated the laugh from its first evolution in the anime.

Gamefreak promoted Mewtwo like crazy and left Zoroark to fade for a reason.

Staarih

Smash Master
That sounds so harsh haha. I really like Zoroark's design, it's one of my favourite Pokémon and would have gladly welcomed it in Smash (and actually supported his (her?) inclusion), but to hope for the Pokémon now of all times is a bit desperate. Zoroark is a Pokéball Pokémon (not confirmed yet but seen in Greninja's trailer), Greninja probably took his place as a new-gen rep anyway, and we have Jiggs and Mewtwo on the way (yes, Mewtwo's totally getting in), and heck, even Sceptile might have a better shot than Zoroark at this point. Sadly. I guess there's DLC... but anyway, after all that Zoroark-stuff, I have moved on to focus all my Pokémon-support on Mewtwo haha!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I never liked the idea of Zoroark. I was so relieved when it was disconfirmed. I hated the laugh from its first evolution in the anime.

That sounds so harsh haha. I really like Zoroark's design, it's one of my favourite Pokémon and would have gladly welcomed it in Smash (and actually supported his (her?) inclusion), but to hope for the Pokémon now of all times is a bit desperate. Zoroark is a Pokéball Pokémon (not confirmed yet but seen in Greninja's trailer), Greninja probably took his place as a new-gen rep anyway, and we have Jiggs and Mewtwo on the way (yes, Mewtwo's totally getting in), and heck, even Sceptile might have a better shot than Zoroark at this point. Sadly. I guess there's DLC... but anyway, after all that Zoroark-stuff, I have moved on to focus all my Pokémon-support on Mewtwo haha!
There's no contest between Zoroark and Mewtwo for sure, but I personally would have liked to see Zoroark as a PC and really liked its design as well. I'm not a fan of the movie voice, it was a bit forced, but the idea of an illusion casting fighter with a more darker/villainous aesthetic would have been cool to see in Smash. Especially if they used that odd electronic bell sound whenever he shifts forms. Can't wait to see what he does as a pokeball though - I totally missed it in the trailer! Need to rewatch..

Morbi

Scavenger

Almost every character that has been speculated in favor of was supported by theories and "conspiracies." Most of them still are. In fact, the Gematsu leak could be considered a theory in and of itself. If someone looks down on a fan-base for utilizing their resources, they are quite literally incompetent.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
So, let say Mewtwo is in and a unlockable character. Do you think they'd reveal him on the site after the release, possibly with a trailer? Maybe it's just me, but I love watching the character trailers and it'd be awesome if Mewtwo could be in one. (Despite the fact that he's a veteran.)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm sad that people are believing this theory.
Not even @ ORVO5 ORVO5 was serious about it.

If Mewtwo fans become the new Ridley fans it will be a very sad day.
Y'know

Your demeanor towards both fanbases is getting very old very fast.

If people want to speculate, let them. You don't have to post here just to show how annoyed you are with them.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If Mewtwo does in fact return I hope to see him get his own stage while the other Pokemon have Prism Tower and Pokemon Kalos League. Maybe Cerulean Cave from Red and Blue or Pokemon Village from X and Y. This theme needs to play during his stage if he returns and gets one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvDTTpnQQ4
Well, I really love Mewtwo, but I think that an ENTIRE STAGE for him is too much. They will probably just do 2 Pokemon stages for each version, with maybe some returning one. For music, I think that THIS would be better for Mewtwo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0
(I know, it is from the anime, but a man can dream!).

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm also thinking there could be another Pokemon stage for each version. Not sure what the Wii U one would be (would love something from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness), but I'd imagine in lieu of a Pokemon Stadium 3, they'd go with the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2.

(Ironically Mewtwo was banned for being a "Legendary/mythical Pokemon," thus never actually was able to fight here)

As for themes, pretty sure we've gone over all of them to death and back by now. Seems inevitable that the "Kanto Legendary Encounter" remix would be in/considered "its" theme.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well, I really love Mewtwo, but I think that an ENTIRE STAGE for him is too much. They will probably just do 2 Pokemon stages for each version, with maybe some returning one. For music, I think that THIS would be better for Mewtwo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0
(I know, it is from the anime, but a man can dream!).
That does suit Mewtwo well. Hopefully in a Pokemon stage they can put on or both of those songs in the song selection menu.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Y'know

Your demeanor towards both fanbases is getting very old very fast.

If people want to speculate, let them. You don't have to post here just to show how annoyed you are with them.
I'm part of the Mewtwo fanbase. I just don't want them to become conspiracy theorists.
It gives off a bit of a desperate vibe that I don't like being a part of.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That does suit Mewtwo well. Hopefully in a Pokemon stage they can put on or both of those songs in the song selection menu.
I'd love to personally hear an extended, remixed, more industrial yet upbeat version of the music they used in the first movie when Ash first meets Mewtwo (start at 2:40 if it doesn't automatically do it.) Of course, it would be better if it was part of a compilation mix with other themes. Like a more modern version of this song, maybe make it more metal and make it more upbeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom