• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I'm also thinking there could be another Pokemon stage for each version. Not sure what the Wii U one would be (would love something from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness), but I'd imagine in lieu of a Pokemon Stadium 3, they'd go with the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2.

(Ironically Mewtwo was banned for being a "Legendary/mythical Pokemon," thus never actually was able to fight here)

As for themes, pretty sure we've gone over all of them to death and back by now. Seems inevitable that the "Kanto Legendary Encounter" remix would be in/considered "its" theme.

That would be an awesome stage. This also could happen because we have two X and Y stages so we might get something other than X and Y for a stage.

I'd love to personally hear an extended, remixed, more industrial yet upbeat version of the music they used in the first movie when Ash first meets Mewtwo (start at 2:40 if it doesn't automatically do it.) Of course, it would be better if it was part of a compilation mix with other themes. Like a more modern version of this song, maybe make it more metal and make it more upbeat.

I like the second one and remember that from the anime a couple of times. I don't recall any anime representation in Smash Bros. in the past but it still could happen.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, I really love Mewtwo, but I think that an ENTIRE STAGE for him is too much. They will probably just do 2 Pokemon stages for each version, with maybe some returning one. For music, I think that THIS would be better for Mewtwo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0
(I know, it is from the anime, but a man can dream!).
Agreed with the song choice.
I'm also thinking there could be another Pokemon stage for each version. Not sure what the Wii U one would be (would love something from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness), but I'd imagine in lieu of a Pokemon Stadium 3, they'd go with the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2.

(Ironically Mewtwo was banned for being a "Legendary/mythical Pokemon," thus never actually was able to fight here)

As for themes, pretty sure we've gone over all of them to death and back by now. Seems inevitable that the "Kanto Legendary Encounter" remix would be in/considered "its" theme.
Legendaries are allowed in the first tournament...just not the ones with gym leaders and champion or type tournaments. I remember using Genesect in it while it's banned from the others.
I'd love to personally hear an extended, remixed, more industrial yet upbeat version of the music they used in the first movie when Ash first meets Mewtwo (start at 2:40 if it doesn't automatically do it.) Of course, it would be better if it was part of a compilation mix with other themes. Like a more modern version of this song, maybe make it more metal and make it more upbeat.
They'll never use anime-original music in Smash...especially the first because it was for international versions of the movie and was never in the Japanese.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Agreed with the song choice.

They'll never use anime-original music in Smash...especially the first because it was for international versions of the movie and was never in the Japanese.
I agree with this. While I wouldn't mind hearing music from the first movie, I think I would much rather hear the music from when I actually faced Mewtwo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm part of the Mewtwo fanbase. I just don't want them to become conspiracy theorists.
It gives off a bit of a desperate vibe that I don't like being a part of.
Things like that generally come with the territory in certain aspects of Smash speculation... Still doesn't give you an excuse to be a mini-mod or speculator police to Mewtwo fans just for doing the same kind of silly speculating that other fanbases have been doing over like the recent roster image the past few/couple days, which isn't exclusive to say the Ridley fanbase, much as you may try to make it look as such in your desperate yet adorable attempts to make Mewtwo's 'base more and more dissonant from Ridley's just because you don't like the latter group or whatever your self-righteous reason/motivation happens to be for doing all this.

Back on topic though, has some of this stuff been posted here before? I forget as it's been awhile, but Mewtwo's stadium should totally be the FD version of the PKMN Stadium stage. :awesome:

Eh, if only.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Of course Mewtwo's going to be unlockable. Can any of you see him as a starter character? And que
Things like that generally come with the territory in certain aspects of Smash speculation... Still doesn't give you an excuse to be a mini-mod or speculator police to Mewtwo fans just for doing the same kind of silly speculating that other fanbases have been doing over like the recent roster image the past few/couple days, which isn't exclusive to say the Ridley fanbase, much as you may try to make it look as such in your desperate yet adorable attempts to make Mewtwo's 'base more and more dissonant from Ridley's just because you don't like the latter group or whatever your self-righteous reason/motivation happens to be for doing all this.

Back on topic though, has some of this stuff been posted here before? I forget as it's been awhile, but Mewtwo's stadium should totally be the FD version of the PKMN Stadium stage. :awesome:

Eh, if only.
Looks a lot like the stage you fight him on in Pokemon Stadium, except this has platforms. It's a really cool idea, but as a stage, I feel like it's kind of bland. I guess it's less distracting that way, but I always enjoyed the dynamic scenery of the Final Destinations in Melee and Brawl and the general creativity in the rest of the stages. But still, this could be cool.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I just checked out the JP movie, wow, verrry different. Although the score for the JP version is good too, more haunting. I did not know about that, nice tip!

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I recall back when the game was first revealed at E3 2013 someone said that they worked at Namco and Giant Chasm from B2/W2 would be a stage.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone understands that I am a Ridley fan.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the thread's actions these days but that doesn't mean I don't support the character. I just found it a little annoying that people were dwelling on the image even though we got nothing at the Fair. That goes for every fanbase, however I spend a lot of time in this thread and that happened to be where I got pushed to a bit of a breaking point.

I'm not trying to spark anything between Mewtwo and Ridley. I just like being in this thread and I don't want it to end up like the Ridley thread, which I no longer enjoy visiting to the extent that I used to. I was not referencing that image specifically as the conspiracy that the Ridley thread partakes in. There's the shadow, Sakurai's "teasing", the trophy theory, vagueness in Sakurai's statements, whatever. I used to be a part of that too, I just find it a bit ridiculous now.

Mewtwo fans don't have to rely on theories, is what I was trying to get across to everyone. There's no solid evidence for Mewtwo in the game footage, however there is no evidence against his inclusion either. We have Mewtwo's relevance, popularity, and Sakurai's statement to give us confidence. We don't need a magazine image.

Sorry for whatever controversy I may have caused, and sorry for the jab at the Ridley fanbase.
It was unnecessary.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not sure if anyone has already done something like this on this thread but here's my theories.

Mewtwo does have a good chance of returning for several reasons:

1. The roster is locked before development. That does sound like a bad thing, but a month after E3 2013, Mewtwo got another film and the first showing of it's Mega Evo. It was a sign of promotion for XY. Surely the character choosers might have noticed Mewtwo's returning popularity. If they managed to score with Greninja's popularity, they can do it with Mewtwo.

2. Mewtwo is NOT among the Poke Ball summons as of yet. Before I saw the Invitational and Treehouse at E3, I had heavy hopes that Genesect, which Mewtwo could compete with for a character slot, could make it in. But alas, Genesect is a Poke Ball summon, allowing further hopes for Mewtwo to return if Jigglypuff is booted out lol.(Jigglypuff fans please don't hate me :( )

3. Mewtwo having 2(lol) Mega Evos could allow for a minor degree of customization, which is something U/3DS is promoting heavily.

4. More of a mythology gag, but significant. Brawl had a total of 6 Pokémon reps. How many Pokémon can you carry on a team? 6.
How many reps are in U/3DS? (Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja) 4. Room for 2 more. For simplicity's sake, it's safe to assume Jigglypuff and Mewtwo could return, because other theorized competitors are either too obscure or not popular enough for Smash.

5. Sakurai already trolled us with Mewtwo during Greninja's reveal. Who's to say it isn't foreshadowing?

So what do you all think?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Now that Kraid and Most Likely King K Rool are Boss Characters in Smash Run it would not be out of the realm of possibilities that he could be a Boss character better then being a trophy mind you

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Now that Kraid and Most Likely King K Rool are Boss Characters in Smash Run it would not be out of the realm of possibilities that he could be a Boss character better then being a trophy mind you
No because that says "we took the time to make the model, add movesets and animations, and not let you play as him"

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
No because all they have to do is re use all moves and grunts crys and whatever from melee with a HD re-Boot Its not like they have not done this before Jiggs still uses the same voice clips from 2001!

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Source?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
He has to be playable not a boss, trophy and Pokeball it would be a huge slap in the face if he isn't playable!

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
No because all they have to do is re use all moves and grunts crys and whatever from melee with a HD re-Boot Its not like they have not done this before Jiggs still uses the same voice clips from 2001!
yes but thats my point, if hes practically playable at that point, the yshould just put him in the game....thats like training the whole season just to get benched for the big game.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Smash Broski GameXplain on youtube they held a Guest Discussion with Kirpopher and he went to Nintendo World and played the game and the rep told him about the smash run bosses

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Smash Broski GameXplain on youtube they held a Guest Discussion with Kirpopher and he went to Nintendo World and played the game and the rep told him about the smash run bosses
I'm really trying to understand how this is relevant to Mewtwo. Did they say Mewtwo was a boss? (Nope.) Mewtwo is NOT going to be a boss. Do you realize how much of jerk move that would be to get everyone's hopes up then crush them? Come on now.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I said it was possible for Mewtwo to be a boss character in Smash Run
Mewtwo isn't going to be a boss. There is no possibility of it happening.

A character that was planned for every game and playable in one of them isn't going to be demoted to a boss. I would like to think that Sakurai isn't that much of a jerk.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Mewtwo turned out to be a boss hazard like Yellow Devil, this would be my reaction.

Anyways, I would take that little theory from Gamexplain with a grain of salt.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I really hope they change Mewtwo's moveset a bit. Don't make him like Lucario..i would love to see him have a Ermac style moveset

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Its not a theory that GameXplain made up I just thought it was entirely possible for them do that trust me Sakurai is that much of a Jerk There was a list of characters that people wanted they sent it to Sakurai to show him Want to know who was number 1?.......... Skull Kid

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really hope they change Mewtwo's moveset a bit. Don't make him like Lucario..i would love to see him have a Ermac style moveset
I'm fairly certain they'll change him up a bit. Especially when taking into account that some characters are using moves that are similar to his own. I recall talking to one of my irl friends and he said the reason they aren't revealing him is because they're putting so much effort into him to make him the best he can be so that the fans are more then satisfied. This is after all, being hyped as much as Sonic was before his reveal, if not more.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Honestly, I don't think that Mewtwo could even work as a boss. So far, all the boss we have seen are:
1) Yellow Devil
2) Dark Lord (The one from Find Me, I can't remeber his exact name)
3) Ridley (maybe)
4) Kraid (Stand at last GamexPlain discussion, he is a boss in Smash Run)
All have a thing in common: they are WAY more big than the Playable Characters, and I doubt we will se a small boss (even in Brawl was all huge). And I doubt as well we will see a Mewtwo big as Yellow Devil...

Edit: add Kraid on the list (thanks 4cast).

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
If we do see ANY Pokemon boss it would be Diantha at the Kalos League stage most likely using Tyrantrum and Aurorus. All her other Pokemon would be to small to notice easily.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Its not a theory that GameXplain made up I just thought it was entirely possible for them do that trust me Sakurai is that much of a Jerk There was a list of characters that people wanted they sent it to Sakurai to show him Want to know who was number 1?.......... Skull Kid
Skull kid was never playable though. Mewtwo at one point was and that's why it would seem odd to add him back into the game as anything but playable. It's seems like most agree with Mewtwo being playable or not in at all.

And as for Pokemon Bosses why not one of the big legendaries again? Yveltal hasn't been seen yet if I recall. And we can always bring back Rayquaza.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Mewtwo isn't going to be a boss. There is no possibility of it happening.

A character that was planned for every game and playable in one of them isn't going to be demoted to a boss. I would like to think that Sakurai isn't that much of a jerk.
yes he must be playable i agree or not shown at all

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
If Mewtwo returns what do you guys think his moveset will be? Should he keep shadow ball or do you think it will be replaced by psystrike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom