• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f-throw lock

Hax

Smash Champion
ok guys i don't know if this is new cuz i don't really come here much but i love falcon cuz i ***** with him in melee, and i'm trying to make him nice in this game. so today, i'm playing with my friend dial (who was the one who actually figured this out), and; similar to ike's fthrow lock, falcon's fthrow is a lock on walls up to around 60%. yes, just keep fthrowing. **** works.

so remember, if this wasn't already discovered, me and dial figured it out lol. later.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Yo. Hax. Dead ***, with the 4 things we discovered tonight (2 each), I really think we could bring Flacon back possibly. I mean, he's always been my joke around character, even for Melee, but tonight was just too beast. We're going through Falcon secret Bankai training. Lol. We're going to unlock this *****. For reals.

Edit: Too bad homie above me has never heard of a counter-pick. Like the stage I discovered it on. Corny-area. And I do believe it could be quick enough to get it off on Pokemon Stadium, which is a neutral. Its only to 56%... at 60, they bounce. And Fox had infinites on both of those stages, even in Brawl, and neither are banned. So does Dedede, Marth, Ike, G&W, and many others. I believe the post above is a "Quit Life". Lmfao. You just got pwned via Sidekick LX!

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
It would be appreciated if you shared the 3 other things both of you discovered.
Basically, 1) USE DASH ATTACK! It is so combo-able. Definitely too beast. 2) F-Throw (I think) at the edge, and you can usually drop off the stage, and usually knee them, and 3) I actually forgot. Uhm... Oh, Hax got me a few times with an F-throw to F-throw without tech chasing. Like, immediate follow up. I know a lot of F-Throw crap, but w/e. It's just what we found... These were all friendlies, and I never play as Falcon. Lmfao. I discovered Wall chain, and F-Throw to knee, Hax is responsible for the other two. Remember. These were all Falcon dittos, so do other testings if you please. We're no M2K's. =P.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
...Those are terrible lol.
Yea. Okay. Tell us it's terrible when it worked for hours, and it all wracks up percent. W/e dude. You obviously know nothing about combo potential. The double F-Throw can then be thrown to up, then to a fake air for them to dodge, then a U-Air. Guy, don't post here. Your posts are pointless.

Why thank you Jona. =). Hax has been dubbed the best young Smasher for Melee, and he mained Falcon. So don't talk down to us like we don't know ****. We know what we're talking about.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
You guys live in the city; I work in the city.

We should play Melee sometime. Especially since I heard about Hax from Scar, lol.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Yea. Okay. Tell us it's terrible when it worked for hours, and it all wracks up percent. W/e dude. You obviously know nothing about combo potential. The double F-Throw can then be thrown to up, then to a fake air for them to dodge, then a U-Air. Guy, don't post here. Your posts are pointless.

Why thank you Jona. =). Hax has been dubbed the best young Smasher for Melee, and he mained Falcon. So don't talk down to us like we don't know ****. We know what we're talking about.
Bro...i dont give a **** what you know about melee....dashing A, Fthrow (back to back), and transitioning that into an aerial pursuit are things everyone here has known about for a long *** ****in time.

I don't mean to sound like an *******, but you were pretty much a **** in that post man. You should chill out...we dont have that **** here on these boards. Dashing A is a good attack but it's also punishable as ****. That's not going to make falcon.

The forward throw to knee sounds cool. I'll check it out.

But really, chill out homie. all of those **** insults you just spewed out of your mouth isn't going to make falcon. If someone "talks down to you", just prove them wrong man. Give them facts and ****. Don't get up on some high horse and think you're suddenly the **** when you've just messed around with falcon for a few hours, while we've played with him since day one.

we know our ****.

Your trying to help out falcon, that's cool....The wall fthrow is cool, and that's appreciated, because from what i know we didn't know about that. So thanks for that. But all of the dumb *** ****ing insults ("Stop posting here kid"), especially ripping on banana trooper (when he **** well knows what he's talking about)...that's just dumb.

So thanks, nice finds....and keep them coming, hell....i'll test this **** out even.

but chill the **** out on the insults bro.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Dial Up, the wall thing is a nice little nugget of info. Otherwise, everything else you've said has been known about for a long time. So just pat yourself on the back for your nugget and go on your merry way since the rest of your posts have been filth.

"Hax has been dubbed the best young Smasher for Melee, and he mained Falcon. So don't talk down to us like we don't know ****. We know what we're talking about."

And how does that prove that you're not an idiot? I guess I missed that part. Jona didn't say **** about you so shut the **** up. Nobody minded Hax's post, it was your bull**** that got everyone talking down to you like you're an idiot (because it seems like you are). Don't come in here acting like you own the place and you're enlightening us or some ****; we've been working on Falcon MUCH LONGER than you have. "Running A is good" Big deal I've been saying that for months now. That's like saying Ike's AAA combo is good. No **** of course it's good! Thanks for the nugget but in the big scheme of Falcon it's almost nothing.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
To clear some things up:

I have no probs with Hax. I didn't know that f-throw locks at walls. I assumed stages like corneria would be banned because of the fin area, for reasons like falco's laser lock and other infinites.

But honest though, I thought Dial's posts were jokes. If I was too brief in my previous post, excuse me and allow me to clarify.

Aside from the f-throw lock on walls, you have discovered nothing. Nothing. You sound like an arrogant idiot by claiming what you posted will magically fix everything.

EDIT: To Iwan and Key, thanks for your support. I seriously hope we're not the only ones here who think this guy is braindead.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Bro...i dont give a **** what you know about melee....dashing A, Fthrow (back to back), and transitioning that into an aerial pursuit are things everyone here has known about for a long *** ****in time.

I don't mean to sound like an *******, but you were pretty much a **** in that post man. You should chill out...we dont have that **** here on these boards. Dashing A is a good attack but it's also punishable as ****. That's not going to make falcon.

The forward throw to knee sounds cool. I'll check it out.

But really, chill out homie. all of those **** insults you just spewed out of your mouth isn't going to make falcon. If someone "talks down to you", just prove them wrong man. Give them facts and ****. Don't get up on some high horse and think you're suddenly the **** when you've just messed around with falcon for a few hours, while we've played with him since day one.

we know our ****.

Your trying to help out falcon, that's cool....The wall fthrow is cool, and that's appreciated, because from what i know we didn't know about that. So thanks for that. But all of the dumb *** ****ing insults ("Stop posting here kid"), especially ripping on banana trooper (when he **** well knows what he's talking about)...that's just dumb.

So thanks, nice finds....and keep them coming, hell....i'll test this **** out even.

but chill the **** out on the insults bro.
Dial Up, the wall thing is a nice little nugget of info. Otherwise, everything else you've said has been known about for a long time. So just pat yourself on the back for your nugget and go on your merry way since the rest of your posts have been filth.

"Hax has been dubbed the best young Smasher for Melee, and he mained Falcon. So don't talk down to us like we don't know ****. We know what we're talking about."

And how does that prove that you're not an idiot? I guess I missed that part. Jona didn't say **** about you so shut the **** up. Nobody minded Hax's post, it was your bull**** that got everyone talking down to you like you're an idiot (because it seems like you are). Don't come in here acting like you own the place and you're enlightening us or some ****; we've been working on Falcon MUCH LONGER than you have. "Running A is good" Big deal I've been saying that for months now. That's like saying Ike's AAA combo is good. No **** of course it's good! Thanks for the nugget but in the big scheme of Falcon it's almost nothing.
To clear some things up:

I have no probs with Hax. I didn't know that f-throw locks at walls. I assumed stages like corneria would be banned because of the fin area, for reasons like falco's laser lock and other infinites.

But honest though, I thought Dial's posts were jokes. If I was too brief in my previous post, excuse me and allow me to clarify.

Aside from the f-throw lock on walls, you have discovered nothing. Nothing. You sound like an arrogant idiot by claiming what you posted will magically fix everything.

EDIT: To Iwan and Key, thanks for your support. I seriously hope we're not the only ones here who think this guy is braindead.
Okay guys. I think coming into the thread and saying "WOW! That's useless" is in order. >_>. Stfu guys. I don't talk to *******. There's an insult. Get at me all you want. I don't really give 2 ****s. So yea. I've said all I'ma say. Use it or not. W/e. As Hax said, he never uses this thread, and I'm not a Falcon main, so how am I supposed to know about that **** in Brawl? I messed with him in Melee. The end. We just figured out the Dash A is a beast move, F-Throw lock, F-Throw double, and F-Throw knee.

Oh, by the way, I was joking. But since everyone seemed to attack me, I'm serious now. "Quit Life" is something people in NY say as a joke. But w/e.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Oh, by the way, I was joking. But since everyone seemed to attack me, I'm serious now. "Quit Life" is something people in NY say as a joke. But w/e.
Don't drag your fellow New Yorkers into the mud-filled ****hole you've made a nest in.

Hax

Smash Champion
hahahaha dial the only thing we "discovered" is the fthrow lock. the rest are just.. obvious techniques lol. don't make a fool out of yourself lol

and btw wtf is a fthrow to fthrow, dial...? fthrow ain't a chaingrab it's just a combo on walls lol. the only time i EVER used fthrow against you was against the walls.. it sucks otherwise.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Too bad a stage with walls will never be legal.
pokemon stadium delfeno plaza got teh wallz do not question teh hax.

Dial-Up dont even worry about this. were the ones at the tourney like every week so we know the truth(though you dont know me and i dont know u). you wont win with like 3 people ganging up on you. :urg: reminds me of the nsider fourmes :pikachu:

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
pokemon stadium delfeno plaza got teh wallz do not question teh hax.

Dial-Up dont even worry about this. were the ones at the tourney like every week so we know the truth(though you dont know me and i dont know u). you wont win with like 3 people ganging up on you. :urg: reminds me of the nsider fourmes :pikachu:
Uh, Hax just said that Dial was wrong. So now you look bad too. Also just because you go to tourneys all the time doesn't mean jack. Tomorrow's my first Brawl tourney, and I beat you like 12-2 when we played. So how is it that you are better than everyone else? Oh yeah, you're not.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Uh, Hax just said that Dial was wrong.
I just said hax was wrong?

So now you look bad too.
??

Also just because you go to tourneys all the time doesn't mean jack. Tomorrow's my first Brawl
tourney, and I beat you like 12-2 when we played. So how is it that you are better than everyone else? Oh yeah, you're not.
Are you really useing a wifi battles to judge skill?

The buffer system in this game alone makes some fighting styles unplayable on wifi.Also the button delay make some attack chains true combos.To play in a torneys and win you must be able to apat fight vs different fighting styles,wifi agian does not really allow that.

Most fighting game pro's would call you a big ole N-O-O-B for that one.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to contribute at all to this childish debate, buuuut...

You can't lose 12 and win 2 on wifi, and blame everything on the lag. It's the same for both players, and I'm so sick of this fricking excuse. Ever hear of the expression "No John's"?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm sorry to contribute at all to this childish debate, buuuut...

You can't lose 12 and win 2 on wifi, and blame everything on the lag. It's the same for both players, and I'm so sick of this fricking excuse. Ever hear of the expression "No John's"?
yea we did'nt play that many times. he is trying to make himself look good. 7 is more accurate . when i started to win he had to go like c'mon really. he play wifi more than me he has vids of himself playing wifi with delay he clearly had an advantage. if i used my wifi mains (NOT FALCON) he probably would'nt of beat me once. you know the game is laging crazy when you get hit by 4 falcon kicks back to back.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TfSUmVGE4jA vs ZSS

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Battlefield
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d4gs9Kx3m6A

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Pirate Ship
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dC5bYIPq8L0

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Final Destination 1
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVsjfVI7Rgs

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Final Destination 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FQIhEHrAY8E

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Final Destination 3
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bUMgGG5H3tg

KEY (Falcon) vs. KÀi!! (Falcon) Final Destination4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZmSrs3-Ux8

all of these videos show he plays wifi more than me

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Artie, stop making excuses. You mother****ing lost, get over yourself. 7 losses to 2 wins is still an abysmal record, don't shove your failures on wifi's lag. Key is in Florida, which is further away from Ottawa than New York: Me and Key play all the time, and delay is perfectly manageable. If lag was really that terrible, blame it on your own sucked up connection. Seriously, you aren't making yourself any friends by acting the way you are: GGs are GGs, ****ing own up to your failure.

Is it possible that after 7 or so straight wins, Key didn't feel all that compelled to have to prove anything further?

Again, what's with the ****ing johns? Wifi is as terrible for your opponent as it is for you. If he has an advantage, it means HES ****ING BETTER THAN YOU.

This is just sad.

This only proves you're fodder for spamming.
my connection dont suck. he didnt beat me 7 times in a row.
first he beat me twice then i changed to kirby then won. then i chose falcon again lost the first match. then won the next two BF PIRATE SHIP then lost on mute city and he said 12-2.

Again, what's with the ****ing johns? Wifi is as terrible for your opponent as it is for you. If he has an advantage, it means HES ****ING BETTER THAN YOU.

ok so your saying he is better than me because i dont use falcon on wifi and that he can beat me on wifi with 1sec delay he is better?

how many buttons are on the controller. if you cant get past 1 move what do that mean. i dont spam falcon kicks its proven in my videos.

its sad to see how the forums changed from melee to brawl. now people are taking sides what is this the old NSIDER.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
OK lets end this please.

1.Key u did post u were better then artie which started this,also i would not use wifi skill since none of you guys looked two hot on wifi.

2.Arite theres no reason for u to spam johns.You really need just get over it wifi or not.

3.Banana trooper your olny adding fuel to the flames(lol)by posting.

4.Ok kiss and make up ladies,start posting how to make each other's Cfaclon better instead of kidishly posting who's better cuz umm i think CF needs all the help he can get.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
the f-trow is tech just like marths f-trow excpet it could be used it higher %.

it best to wiat a little while and let them tech the floor or spotdoge then grab them again.

also a jumping falcon punch is a good follow up afther a couple f-trows.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
no iam on my psp.

topic.

the bad thing bad about the f-trow is that if ur oppment can attack right afther in higher%

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
F-throw is nice low percent but like Jin said at higher percent is when they attack back or air dodge which either tends to murder C.Falc's game. Because as most of us now, if they are attacking or have time to attack, fitting in that killing blow is extra tricky.

I checked out the F-throw lock and it works but it so much harder to set up then other infinite wall locks but at least it's there.

BTW ArtieBoy my mom is dead so ya thanks.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
On topic: IcantWin tried to do the Fthrow lock on me today and it failed. If you're any distance at all from the wall it doesn't seem like it works. IDK for certain but I'm just saying he tried it today and it seems like it has to be a really perfect situation in order to get it to work, in which case you're better off doing something else. That's just my take on it.

Off topic: I'm not even going to go there. I know what happened and nothing I'm going to say will ever change what people think apparently. Plus I'm not going to feud with Artie anymore. We're cool in my book. Even though I disagree with a lot that he's said earlier in the thread I'd rather just leave it alone and stop all this arguing bull****. We're Falcon mainers. We're SUPPOSED to be on the same side, right? Geeze. lol Anyways sorry if I've pissed anybody off or anything. That's not my goal here at all. I know that Wi-Fi does not = local play btw in case anyone was wondering. So yeah let's just drop this all here and do something more productive like post reasons why Falcon sucks. lol

@ everyone: truce? It's for the best. This board has enough **** already, it doesn't need drama.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
On topic: Yeah it's an extremely situational lock.
Off topic: Agreed with Key Falcon's need to stick together. Also that was your 666 post Key grats.

Hax

Smash Champion
d*mn key, way to offer a truce after starting **** with my man artie, lol. i'd bet money he'd **** you up with falcon, and no unfortunately i'm not talking about on wifi which you seem to think requires skill :laugh:

so anyway fthrow lock does work.. i haven't tried it since the day i made this thread but i sorta remember you had to be at a certain distance.. not sure though, maybe that was for something else. whatever guys, don't listen to me -_-

Iwan

Smash Ace
d*mn key, way to offer a truce after starting **** with my man artie, lol. i'd bet money he'd **** you up with falcon, and no unfortunately i'm not talking about on wifi which you seem to think requires skill :laugh:

so anyway fthrow lock does work.. i haven't tried it since the day i made this thread but i sorta remember you had to be at a certain distance.. not sure though, maybe that was for something else. whatever guys, don't listen to me -_-
haha...he wasn't really "starting ****" with him....your boy artie johns a lot bro....

but on topic, this does work, i did it when i was playing at a friends about an hour ago. I counter picked Lylat and it worked like a charm.

just me?

Top Bottom