• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Fen__

Smash Ace
Yeah, don't scale it with PSA. Like you said, that scales the hurtboxes too. Several others have used fortwaffles' tool to scale TvC models. What seems to not be working? His resizer has rounding errors that sometimes make noticeable visual differences, but that's the only problem with it I know of.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

When I rename the .brres to input.brres, and then use the MDL0 resizer, it just stays as a black window forever and nothing happens...

And once I close it, because it never changes after a really long time, it's all stretched and stuff, and doesn't get fixed after changing the translation.

Should I PM you the .brres and see if I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Oh yeah, maybe you could add in Yami over Yoshi on the OP...? Right now, it's just me working on it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Could you be more detailed about the stretching? Also, when you say it goes black, is it listed as "Not responding" (assuming Windows)? If so, it may just be working and taking a while. I haven't really done much with it; not sure how long it might take. The rounding errors in the program can cause distortions, but I don't think I've ever seen anything too horrendous (weird faces and ends of limbs seem to be the most notable errors).

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Before:

After:

It didn't say "Not Responding," but it stayed black for hours, and I've resized models before and it took about a minute, usually.

EDIT: Would scaling everything using vertex hacking work? That would suck a lot and be really tedious, though, and I'm not sure if it even works...

Fen__

Smash Ace
Uh...you could in theory. I'm not sure how well it would actually turn out. You'd have to be very careful about placement so you don't end up with weird graphical glitches in the end (passing two vertices over each other so that it becomes inverted or something). Regarding the stretching...unless the model is pretty small, I wouldn't think that the floating point inaccuracy would cause that much distortion, but that may be it. It can't be too small, though, since several models have already been imported from TvC without much trouble, and Yami is surely larger than them. No idea why it would just go black, either. I don't think I've ever heard anyone report something similar, but it could be an occasional issue. I'd PM fortwaffles and ask him if he knows anything about the issue, but I'm not sure how often he gets on anymore.

EDIT: digiholic of the Volnutt project got the Volnutt model from TvC, so maybe you can ask him if he had any of the same issues when first trying to get it imported.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Okay guys sadly I need your help a bit, because I'll be late for work otherwise.
Can someone compile a list of things that I need to update the OP with (ex. new characters, beta's, guide's) then I'll do it when I get back today!
k? thnxbai!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
You may as well remove everything I've worked on from the list, they've all been removed from priority for one reason or another. Which I seem to do a lot.

But, at least there's Majora's Mask to look forward to now.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm crying manly tears for the memory of days when I thought ROB Rocket was going to be completed.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
You may as well remove everything I've worked on from the list, they've all been removed from priority for one reason or another. Which I seem to do a lot.

But, at least there's Majora's Mask to look forward to now.
Wait so no more boss pack or yes boss pack? Because im gunna start crying un-manly tears if its not gunna be done. Yes thats right I can say that im not ashamed 2

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm crying manly tears for the memory of days when I thought ROB Rocket was going to be completed.
Me too, except for Transformer ROB...

Like I'm one to talk

I haven't posted here in a while, so I just wanted to say that you guys are all doing great work. I may rarely post, but I always keep up on these threads (Stage Hacking, BBox showcase, etc).

Razanak7

Smash Ace
ROB Rocket technically will be completed, as part of the boss pack.

Wait so no more boss pack or yes boss pack? Because im gunna start crying un-manly tears if its not gunna be done. Yes thats right I can say that im not ashamed 2
Actually, I meant that the boss pack is taking full priority over everything else, so it would be pointless to have them there. No need for tears, manly or otherwise.

Me too, except for Transformer ROB...

I haven't posted here in a while, so I just wanted to say that you guys are all doing great work. I may rarely post, but I always keep up on these threads (Stage Hacking, BBox showcase, etc).
ROB Rocket is actually going to transform for a number of moves, among which are all the things I've showcased here... among others.

*evil laugh*

Also, most of the bosses will have very unusual mechanics, so I'll probably need a hand with that in the future. I should be fine on my own with Majora though, so that won't be for a while.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Just to reaffirm, you said you're doing Majora's Mask, right? Not Incarnation or Wrath? Also, I'm just wondering to myself how you're going to incorporate the throne and computer versions of ROB.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Just to reaffirm, you said you're doing Majora's Mask, right? Not Incarnation or Wrath? Also, I'm just wondering to myself how you're going to incorporate the throne and computer versions of ROB.
The mask will incorporate some things from Incarnation and Wrath to make the moveset more diverse. That being said, suggestions are welcome. Majora has an almost complete moveset, so most options are available.

And the throne and computer won't appear, but it will use a number of new ones; including a drill, wrecking ball, sniper rifle, flame thrower, hammer and a helluva strong air conditioner.

Fen__

Smash Ace
The mask will incorporate some things from Incarnation and Wrath to make the moveset more diverse. That being said, suggestions are welcome. Majora has an almost complete moveset, so most options are available.

And the throne and computer won't appear, but it will use a number of new ones; including a drill, wrecking ball, sniper rifle, flame thrower, hammer and a helluva strong air conditioner.
ROB: every Mega Man Classic robot master in one.

humble

Smash Ace
This Boss pack is making me feel like a little kid in a candy shop again...A whole pack of new bosses to fight?!?!? 31 Different flavors?!? A golden ticket?!?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So you gave up on Shadow Razanak?
I've decided to avoid replacing character models due to bone problems and whatnot. I hate using a character and being at constant risk of freezing. But no, I didn't give up, I'm just focusing on something more realistic.

This Boss pack is making me feel like a little kid in a candy shop again...A whole pack of new bosses to fight?!?!? 31 Different flavors?!? A golden ticket?!?
It's gonna be tight, y'all. [/gangsta]

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I've decided to avoid replacing character models due to bone problems and whatnot. I hate using a character and being at constant risk of freezing. But no, I didn't give up, I'm just focusing on something more realistic.

It's gonna be tight, y'all. [/gangsta]
So your putting it on hold right?
And guys I'm really sorry, but like I said before could someone please make a small list of things that needs to be updated in the OP.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Wow, lotsa breakthrough stuff going on around here....

Anyway, I was browsing through previous posts and saw that the OP is being updated and abandoned projects will be removed.

Sooooo I just wanted to let anyone who cared know that Mew has not been abandoned, I've just been away for a while.... however I intend on working on it as soon as i return to mah computer sometime at the end of this month.

Um... yeah. :bee:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Still making some proress on Gray Fox.

Because trying to replce the whorenado model freezes the game despite the fact that the whorenado's bones are less than normal, I have to vertex hack the whorenado, and it isn't showing up visibly. No freezing, but how can I make it transparent? Maybe I made the wrong texture visible?

I'm making a victory pose for him as we speak.

Aparrently I made 2 and they're done.

I may also make a GF Kirby hat afterwards LOL.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Eternal Yoshi
I'm making a victory pose for him as we speak.
In the Victory pose, are you going to use the Gray Fox assist trophy voices? I can't stand hearing Gray Fox sound like Meta Knight lol.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Life is seriously getting in the way TOO MUCH.
All of my works including Gray Fox, YI Crystal Caves, Groznyj Grad, and more are going to be delayed a few days.

When I get the chance to unlike yesterday, I'll try to make the vertexed Armgun visible.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Hey, guys, didn't know where else to post this:
[quote author=ethanrodgers223 link=topic=10384.msg135985#msg135985 date=1277807381]
Yup, that's right folks!

Project Lightning​

Let me just say this: Lightning is the most bad*** character from Final Fantasy I've seen to date, and I'm a Final Fantasy freak. Aren't we all? So I figured, why not put her in Brawl? There's much to be done, frankly, I don't have a team set or even the slightest clue about PSA hacking. But that's the beauty of Kitty Corp: Meow Mix; I'm sure there's quite a few people that would be willing to help me out. So. . .

Yes, you! I want your help! I want EVERYONE and EVERYONE's help and ideas for ever aspect so we can make the best PSA ever. Now, let's move this along, shall we?

First of all, this moveset is designed with IKE in mind. Yes, it'd be in competition with the Cloud PSA, I guess. I don't want it to be, but mario_kart64n suggested Ike would be best.

[size=18pt]TEAM:[/size]
ethanrodgers223 - Director & Manager
Sumire Omelette - PSA Hacker & Assistant Manager
MarioKart64_n - Vertex Hacker/Model Editor
Hollow (?) - PSA Hacker

AUTO EFFECTS:Auto effects are vital in FFXIII. So, these effects can be transferred into Brawl easily, at least, well, ha, I have no clue. But these are all IDEAS, remember.

Adrenaline - When your Damage Percent is at has reached a certain point, Physical and Magical power is increased. (Maybe this could be an"Aura" effect Lucario has? If not, it's fine, it's just a neat idea. )

Vendetta - Counter attack after guarding. (I don't know if it's possible, but instead of being able to "grab out of shield", Lightning would be able to immediately attack out of shield, as if every hit to her shield is considered "Perfect Shielding".)

MOVESET

This is just a moveset that I'm making up as I go along. NOTE: ALL MOVES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! If you think you have a better idea, SHARE IT!

[quote author=Sumire Omelette link=topic=10384.msg163866#msg163866 date=1279429669]
Jab: three quick slashes, downwards, upwards, and downwards again. Nice GTFO move, I guess.
4%, 4%, 5%

Dash Attack (Blindside): Lightning stabs her opponent, sliding forwards. This move hits your opponent horizontally and is good for setting up gimps off the side of the stage.
5%

Forward Tilt: Lightning slashes horizontally across her opponent. Think Ike's forward tilt, but without as much lag or power. This move is quicker and weaker. It was supposed to be the slash that Lightning does before entering a battle, and it looks... not too bad.
8%

Up Tilt: Lightning does a quick slash upwards, launching her opponent into the air. This can start aerial combos, but is weaker and doesn't end with an automatic jump like Launch, the Up Smash, does.
4%

Down Tilt: Lightning flips backwards and fires a shot down at where she was standing. This move is great for escaping, stalling, or when you have the feeling the your opponent will roll and want a safe way to punish.
2%

That's what I've completed so far in PSA and animations.

This is what I have planned for the rest of the moveset:

Forward Smash (Sparkstrike): Lightning jumps up and slashes her opponent vertically while spinning. This move deals electric damage and hits the opponent upwards more than horizontally and is one of her main kill moves.

Up Smash (Launch): Lightning slashes her opponent upwards. If the move connects, then Lightning crouches down and leaps after her opponent. The longer you've charged your smash, the higher she will jump to chase her opponent. This move isn't that strong and won't kill very reliably, but sets up for great areial combos and lets you get a lot of air by automating a very high jump. If you miss, though, you'll suffer a lot of lag.

Down Smash (Blitz): Lightning does a quick circular sweep, hitting both sides of her. This move doesn't deal too much damage or too much knockback, but has a lot of IASA frames at the end, being not only a good GTFO move, but it'll help you catch your opponent off guard, as well.

Neutral Air: Lightning slashes in front of her and behind her, ZSS's nair style.

Forward Air: Lightning does an upward slash, hitting her opponent forwards, which can cause quite a few gimps.

Back Air: Lightning slashes upwards and juggles her opponents above her, but remember that doing this move will reverse your direction.

Up Air: The bread and butter of her aerial juggling game, this is a move that is not only powerful, but keeps her opponents in the air for a long time, exactly where she wants them to rack up large amounts of damage.

Down Air: no idea right now!

Neutral B (Fire, Firaga): Lightning fires a little fire from her hand. Charging this move fully will let her unleash an explosion where the fire lands. Fire moves in a low arc for a while, and can help her camp well in case she's falling behind in a match.

Forward B (Thundara): Lightning creates a small thunder a distance away from her. This move strikes at a medium distance, not close up and not far away.

Up B: no idea at all!

Down B: maybe healing? I'm not sure right now...

EDIT: I gotta leave for camp in a few hours, and I won't have access to a computer for 10 days, so I'll upload download links of the moveset PAC and animations for anyone to work on while I'm gone. It hasn't been tested in game ever yet, though, so it could freeze. I've only completed what I've mentioned above.

EDIT 2:

Moveset PAC
Animations
[/quote]

OTHER STUFF:

CSP Picture: An edit of this image:

CSS Picture: An edit of this image:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...alfantasy/images/c/c6/FFXIII-Lightning_CG.png

Battle pose (Wait animation): If at all possible, which I know it is, her wait animation should be like this:

PREVIEW OF THE MODEL IN PROGRESS:
[quote author=mariokart64n link=topic=10384.msg162961#msg162961 date=1279401980]
its no where near beta worthy, and far from perfect. but its on hold until vertexweight hacking is possible.

here are screenshots to tide you over. since I dont seem to have blog posting rights, theres no point keeping this a secret till its completion

..least I'm happy about how the face turned out
[/quote]
[/quote]

melic67

Smash Cadet
Ok, for the past couple of days I have debating on pulling out Isaac again. But no one will give him a different sword. If any of you want Isaac to be animated or playable please send me a message. I am looking for as much help as possible on the PSA side of the mod. ty

melic67

Smash Cadet
I want someone to edit the sheath he has or replace the sheath into an actual sword and not a block with a hilt. I am implementing his sword into the animations.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Hammer bro was deleted off my computer when i sent it into HP to get it fixed.
I uplaoded him to mediafire and they decided to delete him w.o telling me ;-; i DO NOT want to start over ;-; i had so much completed.

Hammer Bro has been terminated.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hammer bro was deleted off my computer when i sent it into HP to get it fixed.
I uplaoded him to mediafire and they decided to delete him w.o telling me ;-; i DO NOT want to start over ;-; i had so much completed.

Hammer Bro has been terminated.
You mentioned you uploaded him to mediafire. Was that version just really out of date or what?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I backed up all of my files on mediafire because i was sending in computer to get fixed. couldnt plug in a usb drive cuz that was broken.

but they wiped my hardrive (which i expected) and somehow my mediafire file got deleted. =[

Fen__

Smash Ace
I backed up all of my files on mediafire because i was sending in computer to get fixed. couldnt plug in a usb drive cuz that was broken.

but they wiped my hardrive (which i expected) and somehow my mediafire file got deleted. =[
Maybe someone downloaded it :/? That really sucks.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Instead of hammer bro, I'd like to help out with Ridley. =] And I also have another Project up my sleeve.

So whoever is working on ridley atm could ya send me the files =D

Fen__

Smash Ace
green alloy eh? I guess if thats what he wants to do.
He said a while back that if he can get Ridley completed on Green Alloy, that he'd probably help with porting it to a full character. He said he wanted to complete it over Green Alloy first because of that being his personal preference, though.

Top Bottom