• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'm thinking about giving this thread over to someone else in a second...my job keeps me from updating and it also takes away from my "cpu life"
So...whoever wants to be the new mod speak-up now before I change my mind.

humble

Smash Ace
I'd say Starwaffle would make a good mod, in that he's been here a long time and shown consistent dedication to this thread and his projects. So +1 vote for him.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
votes so far starwaffle +4 everyone else +0 the winner is ME no really i think he should be the mod

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Starwaffle...

*ridiculously long drum roll*

CONGRADULATIONS!!!
YOU WIN THE JOB!

I'll PM uhh...BionicSonic a.s.a.p and good luck...please do better than I did!!!
I wish I could stay but as you can see I just got back and heard the news so late and stuff so...I'm no longer fit for the job. Good luck sir! *goes back to being a Journeyman*

LSDX

Wah!
Starwaffle, would it be possible for you to disable the down B for your Little Mac PSA over Sheik?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Check the Subroutine with the offset:
17F88.
Change Terminate Instance with something else, preferably with a pointer to SpecialLw2 or SPecialAirLw2.

>_< Crashboards alert.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
Oh StarWaffle, If you look on the previous post's it shows me showing my thread and a new beta for Mephiles. Can you add that please?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'll find them soon.....

I'm hunting for you hurtboxes.

In FitMetaknight.pac, Zerobyting 648-12C8 causes the character to fall through EVERYTHING upon entry. At least the game didn't freeze.

My theory is that somewhere the imported model is causing a hurtbox that would normally be on, say MK's wings to stretch like Polygon stretching.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'll find them soon.....

I'm hunting for you hurtboxes.

In FitMetaknight.pac, Zerobyting 648-12C8 causes the character to fall through EVERYTHING upon entry. At least the game didn't freeze.

My theory is that somewhere the imported model is causing a hurtbox that would normally be on, say MK's wings to stretch like Polygon stretching.
How did you resize the model? I imagine you already know, but in case you don't, resizing via PSA scales the hitboxes too. I only mention this because I don't think I've heard of getting weird hitboxes from polygon stretching.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I used the animations to resize him. HipN was the bone I used to scale to 1.14.

So Far....

FitMetaKnight.pac

80-364 - Attribbutes
364-648 - Attributes(again)
648-12C8 - ???????????(Zerobyting Causes character to fall through everything and not die)
12e8-1358 - ???????????(No noticable change)
13d8-14b8 - ???????????(No noticable Change)

14448 - Start of Subatctions
3523a - End of MiscData[0]

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I believe this theory. Why? When I use him (Mostly on result screen) , I notice that his character shadow is ALWAYS huge when he has a large hurtbox. I also know his shadow has somthing to do with hurtbox and model size. It also seems to look like Meta's wings... I dunno.

I guess you can add the hurtbox glitch on the "Main Bug of the month" list.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
just got back from my little trip to the u.s.a i shall update and everthing tmrw =]

EDIT: I've got about half of mu overhaul finished, but i dnot want to release it til i'm done =] But right now i am going for sushi. So i Will finish up either later tonight or tomorow.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
DoublePostBump

UPDATED! well phase one at least.

I gave it a makeover =] Made all the colors matchy matchy and added some images [that i made =D]

Also (this one took a long time) I made it so if you click on a name it brings you to the PM page so its easier to contact people about their work on characters.

Phase two will involve linking all the character names to an information page. for example the the name "kid goku" will link to the kid goku project main thread.

if its for a smaller project like say my project metroid, i would either link it to my ESH post or my post in this thread.

Phase two will also be me PMing everyone and seeing which projects are still being worked on, and me going through this thread looking for any projects that were missed.

That being said, anyone who wants to repost information ( videos, pictures, movesets, downloads) of their character would be greatly apreaciated.

It will be like the STAGE hacking central where people update their posts and its linked in the main topic.

Anyways this took a long time hope i finish it soon. i cant do much tmrw cuz im going to the hospital, but maybe the day after.

edit: i also added some more important threds and the banner is a tribute to brawlshifter with the whole ratchet and mario thingy =]

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
They are over here.

KC-MM Post said:
Character Portraits and such
These aren't included in the Alpha release but will be included in the next release.
Here are previews.

CSP portraits

Character Portrait

Character Text

(For PAL spelling)

Battle Portraits

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
http://www.4shared.com/file/yuFo42yP/gardie.html Here. This is the last update I'm making for Gardevoir. Nothing I do seems to fix anything else.
I'm sick of hurtbox issues randomly popping back up just when I think they're gone for good.
I'm sick of not being able to make half-decent animations from scratch, or at least not to the standards I want for Gardevoir.
I'm sick of the glitchy throws, inability to hold a character for more that a bloody frame or 2, and the T-poses when being thrown.
I'm sick of the shield appearing at her feet as a tiny bubble, and not functioning at all.
I'm sick of the graphics and hitboxes not moving when I add translation in PSA.
I'm sick of the game crashing whenever she picks up a small item.
I'm sick of having a worthless Down-B.
No matter how badly I want Gardevoir in, this just isn't worth it anymore, not for a glitchy, unpolished, and all-around subpar character. If someone else knows how to fix her, then by all means, please do so. But I'm done with this.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
i will fix Gardevoir in no time i know how to fix theys errors
...If you could do that for me, I would be forever grateful.
Glitches:
-Throws spontaneously warp the victim to the center of the stage.
-Picking up small items (i.e. homerun bat, capsule, pokeball) crashes the game. I'm guessing that if the game didn't crash, the item would suddenly appear in the center of the stage (similar to the throwing glitch).
-Picking up & throwing large items warps them to the center of the stge for a moment (for throwing, it's just long enough for the item to actually BE thrown from the center of the stage).
-She can't hold a character for any longer than the CaptureHi/Low animation, and pummeling instantly releases the character.
-Hurtboxes spontaneously become gigantic.
-Moving the hitbox on the usmash has no effect.
-Putting graphics on bone 0 causes them to appear in the center of the stage.

The other problem with changing the HaveN bones is that Gardevoir only has 1 bone at each hand...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can't believe I missed this.

You can give characters' angled Forward Smashes by renaming the subactions 57 and 5A to AttackS4Hi and
AttackS4Lw respectively. Then open the Chr0, go in the first animation data and add 2 new animations. Name them AttackS4Hi and AttackS4Lw. Put in the parameters and animations and you are done.

Feel free to make new moves with this. It doesn't have to be the same Forward Smash.

I wonder if angled ftilts are this easy.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Wow, what an awesome breakthrough found by Eternal Yoshi :D

I see Gray Fox's armgun... Do you think you should switch from Ray Gun shots to Fox's/Falco's lasers that are textured yellow to look like bullets? Or do you think that's going to be to hard?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

You can give characters' angled Forward Smashes by renaming the subactions 57 and 5A to AttackS4Hi and
AttackS4Lw respectively. Then open the Chr0, go in the first animation data and add 2 new animations. Name them AttackS4Hi and AttackS4Lw. Put in the parameters and animations and you are done.

Feel free to make new moves with this. It doesn't have to be the same Forward Smash.

I've known this since about a week after PSA was released... and yes, tilts work the exact same way. You can actually make 3 entirely different fsmashes and ftilts this way.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I see Gray Fox's armgun... Do you think you should switch from Ray Gun shots to Fox's/Falco's lasers that are textured yellow to look like bullets? Or do you think that's going to be to hard?
The spacies lasers are located in their own respective pacs, and have their own paramters so until REFF and related files are deciphered, it isn't possible to do without freezing the game.

Apparently, Crawling isn't as easy to insert. :(

To the attributes Page!

No Dice.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
LeafBarrett, why port Gardevoir over Zelda and have these stupid glitches, when you can always switch it with olimar without any glitches?
I'll tell you something: It's all because of Adding bones.
Well most of them, especially the throw/grab glitch.

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The OP looks AMAZING!

Just wanted to throw that out there. :psycho:

Anyway, just got back from vacation, so I intend on working very intently on Mew for the next two weeks or so that I have before I start up school again. (Seniors!)

So yeah. Now a couple of requests:

I have absolutely NO way of showing off my work. This is where you come in! If there is anyone out there who is willing to help me by taking some pics of Mew in-game and/or (preferably) recording a video showcasing what little I have done in action, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have a Youtube account, so I would upload it there and, of course, give you huge props. (I would also like to get my thread re-opened. :bee:)

Also, I will need a skilled PSA'er once I finish the animations, so keep that position in mind. ;)

[EDIT]I forgot, I will ALSO be needing a tester because I shot myself in the foot by both removing the Homebrew Channel AND updating my Wii like an idiot. :bee:

[EDIT]Also ALSO, can someone make me a signature for Project Mew? I tried and failed miserably.

And, finally, to anyone's projects who have died off because of my inconsistency, I apologize. :(

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Oh? So you made mew?
I'm impressed!
I'd help you if it has no glitches.
But hey how would you even play it if you can't hack?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman

Lol. My Echo Blade Sheik from August '09 says hello. =3

Top Bottom