• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Fen__

Smash Ace
You commented in the stage hacking thread that you're having problems with it. Just curious, but what sort of problems?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. I'm done with the CSPs and Stock Heads and almost done with the Battle Portraits. I just need to adjust the zoom on the BP as it is a little too zoomed in.
In the meantime, I'll see if I can fix the shield issue.
Maybe this guide I found can help.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You commented in the stage hacking thread that you're having problems with it. Just curious, but what sort of problems?
When importing the model in Brawl Box, it's messed up. It looks like the vertices are below the model, so they stretch there. I sent the files to mariokart64n, but I don't know if he will fix them.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Huh. I need to test this more, but I might have a path to the solution to my ThrowN/Shield issue.
I found the previous offset and parent offsets offset in bones and I can literally alter the location and structure of the extra bones.

I accidentally made THrowN the wrong index as MK's ThrowN index is NOT his last bone.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Huh. I need to test this more, but I might have a path to the solution to my ThrowN/Shield issue.
I found the previous offset and parent offsets offset in bones and I can literally alter the location and structure of the extra bones.

I accidentally made THrowN the wrong index as MK's ThrowN index is NOT his last bone.
Just a warning... I don't think that altering the bone structure like that will work too well. You can alter BoneIndex freely and get good results (I think doing so ought to be enough to fix shield/ThrowN problems) but if you alter things like Previous, Next, Parent, and Child, glitches will abound. Fortwaffles' bone modder program does just that, and it really doesn't work to restructure things properly. It is, however, great for changing just BoneIndex.

maltes

Smash Cadet
hi, it's me again. I have gotten more questions:

When I try to do guardon, the game freezes, I have realized that there is a bone, that moves during the whole animation, is it the reason?

I also have been doing the climbing animations, but when she reachs the edge, she got stucked somewhere in the chest agains the edge... also objets appear in the floor. what should I do? Thanks a lot

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Guard on? It's related to the ThrowN bone...
I'm trying to get my shield to become normal size.

Is BoneIndex supposed to be in the Defenitions folder?

Oh. Silly me. :/ It's one of the parameters of the bones lol

Nope. Changing the index of ThrowN to the correct index didn't solve the problem.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Eternal Yoshi, is the problem that you're trying to figure out why the sheild is tiny and at the bottom of the character? i have a theory about it. i think it needs an animation applied to the bone thats in the replaced character's ThrowN index to make it be like normal. my reasoning comes from models that have more bones than the replaced character, like Lloyd over Wolf. Lloyd has 124 bones while Wolf has 72. Lloyd's 72nd bone is a hair bone, which is why when Lloyd shields, his hair grows really big and shrinks with the shield, and the sheild is centered at that hair bone. my theory is that all we need to do is apply an animation to the ThrowN bone. could you try this for me? right now, my brawlbox kind of hates me and isn't letting me save anything.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Tried what you said and it didn't work. The shield is still tiny. I copy-pasta'd the thrownN's animation parameters over to the bone witht the correct index and nothing changed.

maltes

Smash Cadet
and I added a ThrowN with the ThrowN original animation, and the game is still getting freeze, but when I don't use any animation (T pose and only throwN animation) the game doesn't get freeze. Also I want to make a list of the needed bones and what are made for, please Help me:

TransN = for moving the character properly.
XRotN = ?
YRotN = ?
LHaveN = ?
RHaveN = ?
ThrowN = ?

(lol, I only know what is the TransN use for =P)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
@Maltes, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276883, it has most everything you need to know about the important bones and what they do and what glitches they fix, including all that you listed.

@Eternal Yoshi, so giving what should be the ThrowN an animation didn't work? dang. i'll continue to see if i can get it working, but that was my only theory. if only we could change the properties of those added bones, then it might work. i figured it might not work because it was an added bone, but it was worth the shot, i guess.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Maybe I can change the flag? I learned how to change the flags of bones but can't seem to remember the exact offset. The extra bones have flags that differ from ThrowN.

Or maybe make the mdl0 offset match the ThrowN Mdl0 offset???

I'll try these for now.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
The shield is controlled by ThrowN, or the bone of the same index as the original character in the case of model swaps. To fix it, you have to swap the index of ThrowN of the new character with the original. The shield position is also controlled by ThrowN, as are details with footstooling and throwing. No exceptions.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The OP will be updated later. The projects that havent been touched on in a certain time frame(I think 3 months) will be put in abondoned IIRC.

Fen__

Smash Ace
And Porky what about him?
Not sure, but I don't remember seeing anything about it any time recently.

Also, I don't think he's actually going by a time frame, Eternal_Yoshi. I'm pretty sure he's just going on memory of if he remembers anyone posting about it remotely recently. Brawlshifter left the OP only partially updated, so I think there were projects that were already supposed to be removed/added that never were.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I really preciate what you are doing Yoshi, I never thought someone would actually try hard enough for Project Gray Fox or anything like that.
Have you considered putting this on Brawl Vault? People would go insane...

Also, have you worked on the Arm-Mounted gun I mentioned earlier for his nuetral B?

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
More updating Monday okay people, I'm also planning on removing the projects that haven't been touched in MONTHS...unless someone picks them up before I delete them.
EX:
Pokemon Trainer over Yellow Alloy.
by Angelglory
or
Cubone over Pikachu.
by ?
Delayed to Saturday...IT WILL BE DONE!

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I made an up taunt for GF. He'll bang his head a few times on the ground now. It has weak burying hitboxes on his head.

Meanwhile, I can't seem to remove all traces of the whorenado.
All I want him to do is enter SpecialNStart or SpecialAirNStart and not go SpecialNSpin after the Starting animations. Is there a proper way to redirect SpecialNStart or SpecialAirNStart to go directly to SpecialNEnd or SpecialAirNEnd?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
All I want him to do is enter SpecialNStart or SpecialAirNStart and not go SpecialNSpin after the Starting animations. Is there a proper way to redirect SpecialNStart or SpecialAirNStart to go directly to SpecialNEnd or SpecialAirNEnd?
I would suggest removing everything from SpecialNSpin and using the frame speed modifier to make it so fast it can't be seen.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
Just so you people know, I'm working on Electivire over Olimar. (I hope I'm not supposed to make a thread).

EDIT: Well, I'm trying, anyway.... I can't find the Electivire model....

EDIT 2: Found it!

EDIT 3: lol, I fail.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yup. That's where all the Pokemon who appear on the stage are located.

The taunt is loltasic and too powerful on shields. I need to tone the shield damage down.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Finally the whorenado has fallen.

In action 117(SpecialNSpin), I found a change action event that uses a compare variable to determine whether to move on to action 118(a.k.a SpecialNEnd/SpecialAirNEnd).
I replaced it with 2 events that instantly changes the action to 118. One for the Air and one for the ground.
I also made him go into normal fall in Action 118.
It was in the Change Action Status event aparrently.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
I found the model, but it took some digging. I can't wait until I get an NTSC-U Pokepark Wii Game, so I can rip it (myself, over a wireless network [it's really easy if you know how]) and use the models in Brawl. If only I were better at using PSA.... If there were a better guide for PSA, I'd probably read it.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi, are you gonna consider using my idea on the Arm-Mounted gun? I think he should seriously have that as a move. I hope you add it when you have the chance.

I made an up taunt for GF. He'll bang his head a few times on the ground now. It has weak burying hitboxes on his head.
Haha, funny. Really wanna go throw out the old Brawl disc (I'm kidding) and throw in Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes into my Wii.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Does the video show all of the animations you were able to rip from the source game, or are you still in the process of adding more? Also, it'd help for recruiting a team if you said what type of helpers you'd like the most (animators, PSA, etc.). Seeing this makes me wish the Krillin and Goku projects hadn't been abandoned.

soneek

Smash Ace
Does the video show all of the animations you were able to rip from the source game, or are you still in the process of adding more? Also, it'd help for recruiting a team if you said what type of helpers you'd like the most (animators, PSA, etc.). Seeing this makes me wish the Krillin and Goku projects hadn't been abandoned.
There's still more to add in for standard attacks, but those are all animations ripped from the source. I could use help with animations and PSA, and I'm open to any suggestions.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, how do you resize a model when Fortwaffles' model resizer doesn't work on it?

@soneek: It looks good and I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully it isn't abandoned tragically like the others.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Using that attribute also scales the hurtboxes, right? And that wouldn't work for imported models...

Specifically, I'm using a TvC model which is 11 times too small, and a PSA or animation resize wouldn't work at all... I think.

Top Bottom