• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

maltes

Smash Cadet
I still working on Claire but I have got some more questions....
First, I have tried her in many characteres but most of them doesn't work =S, I have put her on sakoball and it works perfect, but I was wondering, can I use the sakoball pac on another player?... also, I've seen that sako doesn't have the "guard" animation,... and when I put another motion pac(linkMotion), I got green screen..
I still having the bright texture problem, any idea about that?

thanks in advantage.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I still working on Claire but I have got some more questions....
First, I have tried her in many characteres but most of them doesn't work =S, I have put her on sakoball and it works perfect, but I was wondering, can I use the sakoball pac on another player?... also, I've seen that sako doesn't have the "guard" animation,... and when I put another motion pac(linkMotion), I got green screen..
I still having the bright texture problem, any idea about that?

thanks in advantage.
Advance*, not advantage. Anyways, replacing characters are limited by their bone count. Fortwaffles made a program that can add bones, but do not add more than about 20 at a time or it will corrupt the file. There is a list of minimum bone counts somewhere, but I don't recall where off the top of my head. You can use fortwaffles' program to add bones (in increments no larger than 20 or so) until you reach the character you wish to replace's minimum bone count. Remember that you cannot add articles, so pick your character accordingly for however you plan her moveset.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
There is a link to the bone count and bone minimum requirement thread in the Main post

maltes

Smash Cadet
Advance*, not advantage. Anyways, replacing characters are limited by their bone count. Fortwaffles made a program that can add bones, but do not add more than about 20 at a time or it will corrupt the file. There is a list of minimum bone counts somewhere, but I don't recall where off the top of my head. You can use fortwaffles' program to add bones (in increments no larger than 20 or so) until you reach the character you wish to replace's minimum bone count. Remember that you cannot add articles, so pick your character accordingly for however you plan her moveset.

lol, sorry for the mistake.

ok, I have used the program, and it's really great... I have got another question... then is it possible to chage any character or besides bones, are there any other restriction? it is because I have done the bones thing and I have added it over link and it works, but when I put the linkmotion, it freezes... and... is it possible to put SakoBall00.pac on for example, fitLink00.pac?
thanks in advance :D

EDIT:

I have managed to do it :D I put her on link and... this is what I got:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have got the model, but the texture still being weird, I have 10 animations and I have got the voices in wav, and the alternative costumes. do you think I have enough to begin a project? =P

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
hey b2j135 if you ever feel like passing on the topic..... let me know ;-;
No ;) but if something happens to where I can no longer handle this thread, you can take over.

As for maltes RE girl...how is the PSA coming along?

Fen__

Smash Ace
0%, I haven't learnt how to do it.... ok, I'll work on that =P
It'd probably be best to just stick with animating right now since you know how to do that already. Learning to program for PSA would be another beast to tackle entirely. Also, you really have already started the "project". If you were asking if it's enough for its own thread yet, then no, it is not. You can check the requirements for creating a thread in the Customized Content rules (stickied).

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
ummm are you planning on updating the thread? cuz if your not could i make it?
What needs to be updated?
I'll check back and see what's been going on...and since your so anxious to help I now dub you: "Assistant Thread Moderator" receive it properly.

Fen__

Smash Ace
What needs to be updated?
I'll check back and see what's been going on...and since your so anxious to help I now dub you: "Assistant Thread Moderator" receive it properly.
Brawlshifter didn't fully update the OP before he left. It was probably something like 20 pages back, but there's a slew of pages of people requesting their project listings be updated (several had dropped projects, picked others up, some people had not responded on if they were working on the project or not, so he was going to remove them). The list is extremely out of date.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Brawlshifter didn't fully update the OP before he left. It was probably something like 20 pages back, but there's a slew of pages of people requesting their project listings be updated (several had dropped projects, picked others up, some people had not responded on if they were working on the project or not, so he was going to remove them). The list is extremely out of date.
Yeah I see now and I'm currently editing the OP right now...might take a while

Edit: I should be finished by Tuesday I'm about to go off for a while, my bro's b-day is today and were going over his house for the holiday to celibate both memorials and his b-days as usual.
I have added and edited quite a few things but it's still not completed.
See you guys later and Happy Memorials Day!

Gamma Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Sad to see shifter leave, but it is good that the OP is getting updated.

Anyway, just to refresh people's minds, I've been working on Mew, and so I hope to get that placed in the OP.

I don't have any pictures or movies to show for it, unfortunately, but if you want to try it yourself, here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a8e28c7e44f6c94d07258ee67c679e4a676c647148f4b913f7e866bfb1230ce0

Could you call it an alpha? I'm not sure. Most of the movement animations are completed, but no PSA'ing yet. Progress is going by VERY slow, but I have found time this Memorial Day weekend to hopefully get stuffz done. :bee:

... goes over Pikachu, by the way.

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
Im just wondering some of these come with csp files where do i place those? Also if I have two textures for one character ex. midna and gardevoir for zelda how do I use both? Do I just place all the files in one folder? Yeah btw sry for the nooby questions but im new at this, but yea i might help you guys over the summer or try and create gengar yea and GammaRidley mediafire wont let me dl the pcs file

Fen__

Smash Ace
Users cannot help any trouble you have with mediafire. Also, this is not the place to ask those questions (they are completely unrelated to this thread).

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
Yeah I meant something might be wrong with the file uploaded but which thread should I under then, but dude you helped me so much with your knowledge of texture hacking, Fen. You are my HERO

humble

Smash Ace
So...What projects have been made? I've seen grey fox is looking good (nice work EternalYoshi!) and hammer bros. by Starwaffle, but what projects are currently still being worked on? It seems most have been abandoned...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Gray Fox's Alpha will be released
shortly after I solve a problem.
For some reason, this issue seems to be going on and off, but his hurtbox is either normal size or huge randomly whenver I modify fitMetaKnight.pac.

I do my testing by running on Pirate Ship. Yesterday, I rebiult the model and added 17 bones at a time instead of 50 and he was able to safely traverse pirates ship safely.
Now after a minor change in his fitcharacter.pac, he dies off the top when his X axis matches the bottom of the ship.

I removed the motionetc.pac file and it's not the cause of the problem.

Why?

Everything else for the alpha is complete (This includes animations, Specials, and his FS) BTW.

Edit2: It's the model somehow.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Yeah I meant something might be wrong with the file uploaded but which thread should I under then, but dude you helped me so much with your knowledge of texture hacking, Fen. You are my HERO
If you can't download the file, it has nothing to do with the actual file; it has to be on mediafire's side (or yours possibly). There's an entire forum dedicated to FAQs, tutorials, and general help. It's a subforum of Smash Workshop General.

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
Ok thx but are you having the same problem with the Mew file? Oh and I started a post but nobody answered, plz can you tell me how?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Ok thx but are you having the same problem with the Mew file?
I got the "No servers available with this file" error (or whatever it says) the one time I tried downloading it (just now). In my experience, it usually either goes away after a while (I've had times where I've just refreshed the page once or twice and it worked) or that the file has been removed for some reason. Can't imagine why the file would have been removed, but if that's the same error you were talking about, GammaRidley may need to rehost the file.

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
Oh ok then so it will either work randomly later or GammaRidley will hopefully read this and repost the new dl url.

maltes

Smash Cadet
hi, it's me again, I have got more questions =P, how can I delete polygons? I tried it in brawlbox and they still appear.(I want to delete the gun and the knife and put them as accesories). also when I have it as accesories, with psa can I put them while "wait1" for example?.
and the last one, can I modify the damange and the color acording how many you hold the smash? thanks!

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@maltes: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260425

OK! He finally passed the pirate ship test, so wait a few moments while it uploads.

Okay! Finally He's here.
Frank Jeager, the Gray Fox is Approaching!
I was serious about putting him over Meta Knight.

Download

Initial Alpha Release: http://www.mediafire.com/?wkyijdd5gzh

Gray Fox runs very fast, almost as fast as his AT counterpart.
He weighs the same as Yoshi and also falls quickly for a Brawl character so take care when edgeguarding,
especially when using B+,B-,Project M,etc. codesets where the global gravity may be heavier.

His Jab is his AT slash, but slightly nerfed from that.

His dash attack lunges him forward a great has a sweetspot that does more damage when you hit with the tip.
It can make for a decent DACUS as well.

His Fsmash is a set of 2 strong sword swings with deadly range.

His Upb (Which I will call the Jaeger Slash) behaves similar to Marth's but with a key difference.
There is a second slash that only hits a small range above and/or in front of him that is powerful
and can KO foes that are high at moderate percentages.
Note that the two hits do not link together.

Bye Marth!

The other specials are placeholders and function like MKs. As are the taunts and victory poses.

His Final Smash is a WIP. It'll be more lethal and flashy in a future build.

Colors included
These are simple recolors. I'll do more elegant stuff when I fix all the bugs.
[Color Images]

Known Glitches

His shield is tiny.
When he gets footstooled or throws someone, the foe's polygons get stretched across the screen.
I haven't had this happen when he throws recently since I rebuilt the model as the old one was corrupt.
Although he can grab items, the item appears inside his torso when grabbed, messing up item swings.
Throw the item for the time being.
Sometimes his hurtbox is huge. Not big enough to fit the screen, but big. I haven't had this glitch since
rebiulding the model yesterday, so inform me if it does happen.

To Do List

Change other Specials
Make Graphical effects match sword motion.
Make Horizontal Sword swipes reflect projectiles.
Find out how to make his prioity non transcendent.
Fix mentioned bugs.

maltes

Smash Cadet
@Eternal Yoshi thank you so much! =D

what about this: "can I modify the damange and the color acording to how many you hold the smash? thanks!" I haven't begun to learn PSA

also.... I have got a barres with more than one model, but when I use the autohex, only the first model are fixed, how can I make the other models work? thanks.

Fen__

Smash Ace
@Eternal Yoshi thank you so much! =D

what about this: "can I modify the damange and the color acording to how many you hold the smash? thanks!" I haven't begun to learn PSA

also.... I have got a barres with more than one model, but when I use the autohex, only the first model are fixed, how can I make the other models work? thanks.
The hexing program is a little buggy. You may have to manually do it (details in the OP of the MDL0 thread in Smash Workshop General). Also, I honestly don't know what you mean by modifying the damage and color according to "how many you hold the smash".

maltes

Smash Cadet
The hexing program is a little buggy. You may have to manually do it (details in the OP of the MDL0 thread in Smash Workshop General). Also, I honestly don't know what you mean by modifying the damage and color according to "how many you hold the smash".
lol, my english sucks.... well I'll try to explain it. For example, when you press A and left, link begins to shine and depending on how many you hold or charge (maybe) it, the actack is stronger or weaker. Now for down smash I'm thinking about put the grenade launcher on her, so if you have played resident evil you should know that there are four types of grenades for the grenade launcher: The basic grenadoes (the weaker), the fire grenades (of fire, lol), (acid grenades and ice grenades... so I'm wondering if it is possible for example, from the frame 1 to 5, grenade, from 5 to 10, of fire and so on... or the whole atack have to be with the same color and damage?

hope you understood =(, thanks =)

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Oh, when you're talking about time, you say how long you do something for. As for that idea, I'm ceratain you can do that. The Zero moveset does something similar with all of its smash attacks.

ds22

Smash Lord
Cloud Kong Strife: Cloud ported over DK (V3.5, now with new beta Final Smash)

(Didn't know where to post, so here)
Ladies and gentlemen, may I please have your attention?
I have managed to successfully port Cloud Strife over DK. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZPKaH7_6SU

DL: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7158&Moderated=All

All of his attacks work (except for his airborne Down-B), he can be thrown "normally", can grab normally and use almost all items normally.
Other than that, it is a perfect port and I can say I'm proud of it.
Credit to the Cloud team who made this awesome PSA, vertex model and animations.
I only ported it over DK (with great success).

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Finally!!
Finally someone does this, all of the other Gray Fox projects sucked. :urg:

Well, this one kills my old project for Gray Fox! Maybe if you can, make his B attack the arm-mounted gun he used against Rex in MGS1, that would be pretty cool.

Just use Samus's B (Or Side B?) attack animaton but with Falco's lasers but with tweaked damage, and an exploson caused on target. Make the lasers a yellowish texture to resemble bullets.

Anyways, I guess this means I stop working on project Gray Fox and work on project Liquid, until someone beats me to it. Haha.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's over his right hand huh?
Luckily I found an event in PSA that COULD make it possible to switch between the sword and armgun.

The special code for alloys is incomplete and also obsolete because of the bone adder enabling the Assist Trophy models to be put over regular characters.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
Please? I would like to put my Mephiles over Ganondorf in the 'being working on section' Its only me working on it and until I give more animations and get more people to help then I will put it in The Beta's Section.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Please? I would like to put my Mephiles over Ganondorf in the 'being working on section' Its only me working on it and until I give more animations and get more people to help then I will put it in The Beta's Section.
A beta is a version that is incomplete, but still largely works. Also, you've shown no actual evidence of any work.

On that note, b2j hasn't posted in a while, and although it says that the OP is under reconstruction, he hasn't edited it in 10 days.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
A beta is a version that is incomplete, but still largely works. Also, you've shown no actual evidence of any work.

On that note, b2j hasn't posted in a while, and although it says that the OP is under reconstruction, he hasn't edited it in 10 days.
It is downloadable & playable, its just I can't take pics to show you.
Its on brawl vault. I need someone who can download it,take some pictures then give them to me to show. Ill be very grateful.

Top Bottom