• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
i don't need to belittle KK's achievement to get the confidence i need to embarrass him in our MM
even if it was a tad lack-luster

i'll MM PP if he wants, mango, m2k, idc, I plan to win them all

i don't downplay a players level of skill, because i don't need to, i just need to be better than them

Pi

Smash Hero
btw idk if i told yall this or not
but if you sweetspot grapple the edge
and someone is hogging the edge from you
you can walljump into stuff

really usefull vs. fox waiting to shine your grapple
walljump bair usually gets them cause they shine -> jump

of course if they time it just right it'll hit you before the walljump
but yea.
anyone whos edgehoggin to wait for your grapple retract just walljump when you retract it

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
if a fox is waiting to shine you, mix up the timings when you pull yourself up from the hanging grapple. i hardly ever get shined and i practice with pretty good foxes. if you're expecting to get shined and the opponent fox is good at reading samus' grapple get-back, DI towards the stage and get ready to tech the edge. i wanna try out your suggestion SWD, never thought of it

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
if a fox is waiting to shine you, mix up the timings when you pull yourself up from the hanging grapple. i hardly ever get shined and i practice with pretty good foxes. if you're expecting to get shined and the opponent fox is good at reading samus' grapple get-back, DI towards the stage and get ready to tech the edge. i wanna try out your suggestion SWD, never thought of it
...Samus can't tech the shine.

Geist

Smash Master
You can only tech the shine if your character is light enough to be knocked over.
Raynex does this next **** where if he gets shined spiked he SDI's, wall jump techs, and shines you back. Prick <3

Geist

Smash Master
I'm in BC for a few years, so I can't :[

Uh tipsss... hmm
If you rub his thigh while playing it distracts him a whole bunch
also learn not to sneeze
or blink for that matter

Oh and practice escaping **** like with buffers and perfect UpBOoS's. You'll need it.
Also don't go near the ledge, Raynex has some sort of a deal going on with it and they're working in cahoots.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Saw Plup's recent tourney matches and I must give the guy his dues, he's like the HugS of the East Coast.

I've seen Skrach own peeps when he came down to S.FL so to see you handle his ridiculously good Marth in a set was amazing!

Pi

Smash Hero
every time i play v.1 i'm reminded how ****ing great samus UB is
it even seems less gay in v.1
like, i want to use it more and more

Pi

Smash Hero
Yea
You can't smash DI moves that do less than 1% damage, and all of UB's hits in v.1 do less than 1%, and they hit a lot faster & more of them, and the move happens faster imo
I should make a side by side comparison of UB in both versions and upload it...
sept I haven't got dazzle atm
when I get it I'll do it

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
OH OH I'll be in T.O. over the holidays, can I get in on this too? I haven't played either of you in a while. BTW blowtoes, how does the WC samuses compare to you and I?

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
daaamn... no wonder i use up-b so much. i've had a v.1 since the game came out. does anyone mind laying out all of the character differences between v.1 and other versions? i are very curious and lazy to research

Top Bottom