• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

DarrellD

Smash Ace
any answers to spaced bairs by fox/falco?

and i'm ranked in michigan but.... we're sort of bad lol
This is something ive struggled with forever because it was Lucien's favorite thing to do when he mained fox. There are two kinds of dealing with spaced bairs, ones that are under platforms and others that are just in the open. The first thing you need to know is that your opponent is OUT SPACING YOU. You need to find a way to mess up their spacing to get them to either miss or land right on your shield for an upB.

What i usually do is short hop upair under them if the fox/falco is doing full hops bairs. I cant recall any time that i had to deal with short hop bair spam, but its not that hard to handle.

Lets say im on the edge of BF and falco/fox is on the platform wait to drop down and bair me once i get up. The options that would come to mind is to do an empty hop on the stage and shield, waveland upb, or roll. All of these options work, but i would choose one based off of what the spacie is doing and what they have done before

Geist

Smash Master
If fox holds the edge and plays patient, it really limits samus's options. Most of your stuff is answered by shine or bair and you either have to play a mindgame with him or have really good spacing.

Violence

Smash Lord
The great thing is that you can play sooo many different mindgames with him.

Changing the duration of your airdodge before the grapple, changing the timing of when you pull yourself in, incorporating walljump tricks upon contact with the wall, saving double jump to throw off his estimations of where you are, fake bomb jump, rising grapple, rising cancelled grapple...

Depending on where you are, you can do so many different things. It's true that Fox hits you with a shine and you're dead, but the key is to employ a method that's difficult to predict and even more difficult to react to.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
The great thing is that you can play sooo many different mindgames with him.

Changing the duration of your airdodge before the grapple, changing the timing of when you pull yourself in, incorporating walljump tricks upon contact with the wall, saving double jump to throw off his estimations of where you are, fake bomb jump, rising grapple, rising cancelled grapple...

Depending on where you are, you can do so many different things. It's true that Fox hits you with a shine and you're dead, but the key is to employ a method that's difficult to predict and even more difficult to react to.
I do do all of this dawg, but if you are shined off the stage, you can't save your jump and bomb your way back to the edge. You can either grapple or up b and if he times grabbing the ledge at the perfect time when my grapple is on the way to touching then I'm dead, because he can hop up while I hop up and shine me back off. And if I up b, he'll stay invincible on the ledge then pop up to shine me back off. Or just shine me while he has ledge invincibility and that's that.

I know you're talking about recovering on the stage after back air or something like that but shine is teh problem.

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
i find myself baiting spacies to the edge a lot. one correctly landed downsmash and, if your edgeguarding is tip-top, they shouldn't be able to get back.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Mkk how about we talk about options for that situation you posted, instead of just saying something as vague as 'if your edge-guarding is tip-top'

$0.02

For starters, You can almost negate down smash with DI, so what do you do when the f/f are basically going straight up.

Does anyone try to use up smash at all??

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
But if you change your dad to hugs, then are you still you?
You're a betterer you.

Fl aint got ranking
But Plup is top 5
1)Hbox
2)Colbol, Linguini, Shiz, Plup
3)Skrach, Rockcrock, UberIce, Uuaa, Darksonic, Nicaboy, Harriettheguy come to mind
I'm probably in 3 or below it
Wait Plup is ranked that high and I've never heard of him? Even higher than UberIce and Rockcrock?!

UberIce is the first time I've ever played an opponent that completely outplayed me in every aspect. I couldn't do **** to beat him.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
If you bomb on a person when they're on the floor and they get a reset animation, press r to waveland it so your directly on them (or go left or right if they roll) and do n up smash. 9/10 they'll b trapped in it and get hit by the last one which you can do into an up tilt or a back air its got quite alot of stun. But otherwise i think its pretty useless...

Pluplue

Smash Ace
You're a betterer you.

Wait Plup is ranked that high and I've never heard of him? Even higher than UberIce and Rockcrock?!

UberIce is the first time I've ever played an opponent that completely outplayed me in every aspect. I couldn't do **** to beat him.
I guess I'm new to the scene and lack a phanna to upload millions of videos. unlike rockcrock n uber

Geist

Smash Master
No lol

Plup you need to hype yourself dude. If you can beat good players like that you need to promote yourself. Learn to abuse your brag rights lol

Edit: just curious to see who knows this- on battlefield there are ways around having to dj missiles on platforms, if you just sh homing missile early it snaps you to the top. You also snap if you sh backwards under them.
Off topic, but I just remembered now while practicing lol

Pi

Smash Hero
i'm not sure how plup would do against UI
he may lose because of lack of IC knowledge and UI's extensive samus knowledge
but plup performs better vs. others than UI

but yea

i'm cutting up the vids now, have nasty vs. rekrul, plup vs. pengie, nasty vs. rx all cut up and ready to upload
you'll get to see what plup is talking about when he says collin doesn't let you back on the stage lol
i promise you you've never seen anything like it in a video at least
it's pretty demoralizing lol

and i tried to take his *** to To6 but he parents johned all over it
scrub
he would have wrecked my pool & bracket

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Why is Samus so effing fun?

And for that matter, why is her wavedash/waveland so amazing?

And why is missile spamming so hilarious?

And why is SHFFM so hard?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Why is Samus so effing fun?

And for that matter, why is her wavedash/waveland so amazing?

And why is missile spamming so hilarious?

And why is SHFFM so hard?
Because it's so unconventional that it *****

Because she has low traction and a fast jump

Because it looks funny, going up and down shooting constantly

Because it has a 2 frame window

Pita

Smash Apprentice
I find the 4 frame window to input the FF more annoying
I think that's more my problem, actually. The actual missile input is only like 30% of the difficulty. Still, my goal when I picked up Samus was to learn SHFFM consistently. Never knew it'd be this difficult.

Pi

Smash Hero
At my peak I was at like 70/80% consistency to both sides
Then I stopped playing for a bit and haven't really tried it much any more

Geist

Smash Master
Except moonwalking is useless and you should feel bad for putting the time in to learn it.
You also play a bad character, etc.
/Trash talk

Pi

Smash Hero
Wanna bet?
:)
yea son
and where the **** is your combo video
i'm starting to play gayer and gayer

pasta's not even good fyi

also some things i'd like to bring up

UB OoS every ****ing chance you get unless you sure there is a better punish
walking is ****ing good, plup this is something i've notice you do
my main form of moving around has been WDing for a long **** time, unreliable as a spacing tool, moreso than walking at least.
to cover distance it's boss, but that ~16-20 frames of nothingness can bite, walking is boss.

Top Bottom