• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I got two good matches recorded vs MacD (I'm assuming the livestream stuff was recorded), and one really really ****ty one that no one should ever watch >_>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Learn to not tech.
I think it would just come down to being able to pick out the tech animation on reaction. If you see bounce, dsmash, if you see or hear tech, press grab and let the extender do your work for you. I haven't looked at the frames yet, but I feel like if Sheik can do it, Samus can too.

Edit:
Just double-checked. The hardest would be a tech in place, where you'd have eight frames to react to the initial animation. Otherwise, you have 13 frames to react to a tech roll, and 20 frames to react to a bounce.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
How do you approach Puff
besides by not approaching at all.

Like seriously this is ******** I have no idea
Ahh the good ol' 'how do you approach puff'
I take approaching puff in a defensive way.
running/wding with a missile is always good
My personal fave, which completely shut down Meta (9th on BC PR), was to wd into a ftilt or utilt. The range kinda ***** puff, and you can sometimes get 2 ftilts in.
People won't agree with me, but spacing Nair, Bair or Fair is good too.

Geist

Smash Master
lol because I was trying to approach via wavelands and it didn't feel like I was really approaching at all. It was more like wherever I was going Jiggs was already gone somewhere else, and then I'd get a Bair in the face. I kinda just fell back on the old retreating bombs stuff.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol@approach.
My approach vs. puff is trying to nair between her bairs, which you almost can't do re-actively, so you have to know she will be spamming bairs mindlessly and try to approach diagonally from above

Aside from that it's me running away trying to look fancy when in reality I'm just camping cause the matchup is gay and puff is gay and **** puff.

Geist

Smash Master
lmao that's pretty much what I do too. I do a little platform dance that looks fancy and exciting but I'm really just camping. Someone pointed that out to me a little while ago.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Can anyone it explain why the extender works? Not how, but why the input causes an extended grab that can home in on people.

Or for that matter, why the super wave dash works.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
because it just does

"why does so-so move do such-and-such"

at least i don't know of any reason why
as in that's just a mechanical thing they put in the game

iirc it's an easter egg, so they programmed it to do that

which means it's not like there's some glitch in the animation that causes it to happen

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Can anyone it explain why the extender works? Not how, but why the input causes an extended grab that can home in on people.

Or for that matter, why the super wave dash works.
The extender works for the same reason that Fox/Falco's special Corneria taunt works: some developer/programmer thought it would be a cool easter egg for gamers to find.

The SWD works because of the weird mechanics of Samus' ball -> normal size transition form. It's a total glitch.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
any of you guys experiment with bomb out of shield drops? it seems like a good way to get out of shield if your on a platform. looks super flashy too (ihsb). i know upb ***** OOS but maybe this could be better in certain situations. i'm no great samus by any means, but i do play her in casuals every so often.

lemme know what you guys think

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
bomb out of shield drops?
what do you mean?
do you mean just bombs out of shield

some people here experiment with that

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I think he means shield dropping through a platform -> bomb.
I'm trying to work shield dropping into my gameplay, but I still can't do it consistently enough to immediately attack out of it.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
man
i have shield dropping down in practice
can't do it consistently in battle

shield drop to bomb...hmm....
i usually do it to fair/uair/nair

Geist

Smash Master
lmao I tried this and half the time I kept doing the morph ball slide on the platform. Is this what you had what you were talking about?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i've done it in friendlies so like... falco pillars my shield, then i shield drop a bomb, it hits him and then i dair 2 w/e on him.

it's kinda like shine OOS but not nearly as good.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i still don't understand what you mean exactly

i know people will drop a bomb out of shield, so i think that's what you're referring to?
or maybe what ihsb said?
which is it?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
it's what spaceballs said. basically you can BUFFER a SHIELD DROP. and then as soon as your out of your shield (dropping) you down b. instant Bomb OOS.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I just made a freakin huge detailed post and deleted it...
So I'll make this quicker...

Meta (9th on BC PR)
He's more like 16thish lol
Ftilt and nair are not bad at all.

How do you approach Puff
I'll share my thoughts in a sec

fine just explain it in a nicer more coherent way
Thanks Alfredo.
nice avatar jack
LOL
any of you guys experiment with bomb out of shield drops? it seems like a good way to get out of shield if your on a platform. looks super flashy too (ihsb). i know upb ***** OOS but maybe this could be better in certain situations. i'm no great samus by any means, but i do play her in casuals every so often.

lemme know what you guys think
Another option OOS is always worth learning to abuse. Yes it's handy and I've had good results with it. Experiment some and you'll like anything. :D

it's what spaceballs said. basically you can BUFFER a SHIELD DROP. and then as soon as your out of your shield (dropping) you down b. instant Bomb OOS.
Why not just Shield>Jump>DownB? Shine OOS style. :D

Jiggs, **** I typed SOOOO much on this but lost the post, pisses me off so you're not gonna get the full scoop this time. These are my rough thoughts on it.

What is it, like only 4 moves Samus does on Jiggs's shield can't be rested OOS? Everything else she dies or something. So gay.
CCing something or shielding something, anything wrong and you'll either die by rest or get aerialed in the face for it.
LUCKILY Jiggs won't be on the ground much because it gives Samus a mobility advantage and better spacing.
LUCKILY this means that Jiggs will be in the air, hitting your face, shield and projectiles safely and annoyingly.
LUCKILY this means that she won't be on the ground, shielding or ccing much, and grabs aren't too beneficial anyway.

So what's the best thing to do when Jiggs wiffs an aerial above your head or in your face?
Something that WILL NOT get punished horribly, WILL NOT set you up in a bad position, WILL NOT let her go unpunished. NOT UpB or an aerial, it sets you up or gets aerialed. NOT run away missile, no matter how safe, it's SAFE FOR HER TOO. A good Jiggs won't get hit by them anyway.
SOOOOO what do you do???

Dash Attack.

She's in the air, she won't be resting OOS. It's fast, covers a lot of area and has little lag, she won't be punsihing you too hard, if at all, and it's easy to hit. Seriously, it is.
Worst case is you trade with a hit, which is a good thing for you and not her.
Dash attack her if she's in the air in front of you. She has to land sometime, and she WILL miss an aerial if you're moving around like you should be.

Like Peach vs Marth, Samus vs Jiggs needs dash attack abusing.
For realz

Geist

Smash Master
It honestly feels as fast, the frame advantage from shield dropping is too small to take advantage of.
Still bomb OoS is a really good disruptor.

<3 Dynamism
I feel for your post loss

But jiggs is just so wierd, you have to play so much differently than vs other top tiers

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You should be able to get PR quality Brennan. It's a little weird to be on it for us OOVanners so I think it came to the conclusion that Vic and OK peeps wouldn't go on it. (Like look at Daltsy, he was on it, never gotten below 5th at a BC tourney, but he's like innactive for decades at a time after tourneys so ??? between them)

If you're PR material, you'll know. Just don't expect your name on a list when you are. You'll just know. Go with what you know. ;)

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
You should be able to get PR quality Brennan. It's a little weird to be on it for us OOVanners so I think it came to the conclusion that Vic and OK peeps wouldn't go on it. (Like look at Daltsy, he was on it, never gotten below 5th at a BC tourney, but he's like innactive for decades at a time after tourneys so ??? between them)

If you're PR material, you'll know. Just don't expect your name on a list when you are. You'll just know. Go with what you know. ;)
Well, I am going to Vancouver for post-secondary, so maybe then ;)
1 or 2 years away

Top Bottom