• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Experimenting with Peach's chaingrabs + AT development

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pretty much if you are holding A while you hit forward on the c stick to smash you will keep the turnip in hand. It doesn't matter how you got to holding A. Air dodges, floats, side steps, rolls, etc all work.

Personaly I just press down B + A at the same time, no extra action necessary.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
Why, this is funny.

Just last week I went around asking people if they have ever done that with a turnip. Since I have done it three times on accident already.

I didn't know it was so simple, it's good to finally know nonetheless. o_o

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
Not all of us are walking computers hooked-up to the boards to read and remember everything that has been discussed. :p

Patience, that many of us are still learning.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Why is this coming off as new news? Wasnt it discussed on the boards like months ago?!
I've known about this since like the game came out, I just never really talked about it since I couldn't find a use for it. Now that I've got my basics down solidly I'm looking into tricks like this ^_^

By the way WOW, you CAN chain grab wario!!! Pretty cool. I need to test it more but it seems that against Metaknight, and any character shorter than Peach, you can infinite them against walls that are pretty high up. Don't know how many times you'll be playing on a stage with a wall but if you do, but this could be quite useful. I was doing it on Corneria but I need a human who will try everything to get out to try it against.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I've known about this since like the game came out, I just never really talked about it since I couldn't find a use for it. Now that I've got my basics down solidly I'm looking into tricks like this ^_^

By the way WOW, you CAN chain grab wario!!! Pretty cool. I need to test it more but it seems that against Metaknight, and any character shorter than Peach, you can infinite them against walls that are pretty high up. Don't know how many times you'll be playing on a stage with a wall but if you do, but this could be quite useful. I was doing it on Corneria but I need a human who will try everything to get out to try it against.
Actually your 75%%. Wario can be infinited on a wall normally. BUT he can be infinited normally, as long as you grab him out of his double jump. :dizzy:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
A couple new things I found playing Smash during lunch break today.

1) If you grab-release Metaknight, you can forward-B IMMEDIATELY and it will connect with Metaknight as he lands. It is NOT guaranteed, but seemed to happen about 60-70% of the time against level 9 CPUs. I think if he DI's away he can just barely powershield it.

2) The above technique works as a very effective Snake edgegurad. If you grab Snake on a ledge release him and immediately over-B, the Peach bomber will connect with him in mid-air if he does nothing. He can escape it by jumping backwards (as he seems to come out of lag just before impact), but then suddenly he doesn't have a good way to make it back to the stage, which puts him in a very compromising position for edgeguarding.

Both tests against level 9 CPUs. It's possible there is an easy way for a human to avoid it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Praxis you need to give up on this MK stuff, grab release to FB??? LMFAO, the MK can do any aerial before the bomber connects.

Cmon praxis, do some testing against DI'ing human beings!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Like I said, it's escapable, but it works often enough that it's worth a shot.
The fun part is the bit on Snake. He can escape it by jumping backwards only- none of his aerials come out fast enough. And if that's offstage...that means his recovery gets wasted. :)

Quaz

Smash Master
:o There's another Peach player in the midwest other than You that fights Ryzen?
yeah lol, I don't completely main peach, I more so switch off between peach and ROB. I guess it depends on the match up for me. I play Ryzen a ton though, but I'm pretty sure You's peach is better than mine.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Haha despite the fact that it is utterly escapable, I landed the JAB CHAINGRAB in a tournament today! Caught the player off guard. Grab, hit A till they escape, jab and dash grabbed. I did it at one of the Delfino walk off ledges, off of the side and then threw him for a free low % kill. It was amazing.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I do that very sparingly. Just as much as I use down tilt. It's still useful to catch your opponent off-guard with it.

Worked against my friends though XD

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Like I said, it's escapable, but it works often enough that it's worth a shot.
The fun part is the bit on Snake. He can escape it by jumping backwards only- none of his aerials come out fast enough. And if that's offstage...that means his recovery gets wasted. :)
Do you have a vid? I believe you lol i just wana see... im guesing it works like jiggs?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Release to jab to grab is good if you are sure they will fall for it. If not I'd rather have 8% guaranteed damage from the throw. It's still good to know and use, I think switching it up is nice.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Release to jab to grab is good if you are sure they will fall for it. If not I'd rather have 8% guaranteed damage from the throw. It's still good to know and use, I think switching it up is nice.

Depends on their damage. Remember, the higher your opponent's damage, the longer you can hold them for.

If you've got them at like 70-80%, you can do quite a bit of damage from jamming A.

I think the real kicker is switching it up! If they predict you're going to throw them, they'll be preparing to DI instead of trying to break the grab, and you'll get more damage by mashing A :) Meanwhile, if they predict you're going to release them, they might DI wrong when you surprise them by throwing.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Hey, this is probably already known but I found it useful. If your in a bad situation I sometimes retreat by glide-tossing up away from my oponent. You know like roll away(back to oponent so you dont suffer from the pittaful reverse-glide toss) but while your at it your glide tossing up... so you move while a turnip is coming down where you were previously standing....

Not really too sure about uses yet... But it's a pretty fast way to move away from a marth or meta whos chasing you down... you dash away while they have to dodge turnips....

i hope my explination was clear, bc i have no videos!

you can glide toss down too... It has no uses even on the ledge, i duno it just looks stupid XD

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
sorry double post.... i hate doing that....

Anyway to try and make this post useful lol.... um i also use what i said about to feign a glide toss to force a shield(you cant perfect shield if theres no attack coming XD) or spotdodge... like if your opoenent is expecting a glide toss you toss it up... if you time it right you can also hit with that tossed turnip with a bthrow if you end up grabbing your oponent....

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I dont know if this has happened to anyone else but once on Delfino Plaza I was facing a Fox and the stage was lowering into the pillars of rock part of the stage and I grabbed Fox and Fthrowed him and he went considerably fast off the screen and died around.. 120%. It could've been bad DI but yeah..

Im kinda on a mission to somehow find a way to get her old Fthrow back.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Glide tossing down is excellent against diddy kong if you grab his bananas. He does this himself. You can grab his banana, roll AWAY from him and glide toss downwards. If he chases you he will trip on the banana.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Depends on their damage. Remember, the higher your opponent's damage, the longer you can hold them for.

If you've got them at like 70-80%, you can do quite a bit of damage from jamming A.

I think the real kicker is switching it up! If they predict you're going to throw them, they'll be preparing to DI instead of trying to break the grab, and you'll get more damage by mashing A :) Meanwhile, if they predict you're going to release them, they might DI wrong when you surprise them by throwing.
And it also refreshes your other moves.

:3

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Hey, this is probably already known but I found it useful. If your in a bad situation I sometimes retreat by glide-tossing up away from my oponent. You know like roll away(back to oponent so you dont suffer from the pittaful reverse-glide toss) but while your at it your glide tossing up... so you move while a turnip is coming down where you were previously standing....

Not really too sure about uses yet... But it's a pretty fast way to move away from a marth or meta whos chasing you down... you dash away while they have to dodge turnips....

i hope my explination was clear, bc i have no videos!

you can glide toss down too... It has no uses even on the ledge, i duno it just looks stupid XD
You can also glide toss backwards...not reverse glide toss, but roll forward while glide tossing backwards. It looks cool, helps you escape AND throws a turnip at them while they chase.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm not referring to what Praxis mentioned, but can you actually do a reverse glide toss and go any effective distance? I don't seem to be able to do it very effectively, so I just do what Praxis mentioned.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ima like this thread...nice work Praxis :bee:

For maximum Glide Tossing effectiveness, I throw with the C Stick - using the A button restricts you where you can throw a Turnip. If you're having trouble Glide Tossing backwards because you only seem to move very slightly backwards, try this

Tap the opposite direction
Immediatly after (I'd say like half a second) Press the Sheild button and desired throwing direction on the C Stick

Let's say you're facing Left and want to move Right (backwards) whilst throwing the Turnip Left

Facing Left, Tap Right on the control stick
Immediatly press the Sheild Button and Left on the C Stick
Instead of only moving back very slightly and throwing the Turnip Left, you should move backwards considerably more than before whilst throwing the Turnip left.

This can be done for any way...If this has been mentioned then meh but...Doesn't hurt to say it again right?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Im not sure if this is an AT, or new, or useful, but I'll post it anyway....

If im going against a no-projectile oponent i like to crouch facing away. Then I tilt the c stick slightly in the other direction. Then i press jump and attack at the same time, so you do a bair, then crouch immediately. You can do this in rappid succession. Er its easily shielded but if you do a series of bairs across the stage and force out a shield but all of a sudden switch to another attack or grab you can land a hit? I dont know its probably useless haha

Top Bottom