• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO South Results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to attack wobbles himself but i definetly think that as IC'S play progresses we'll see them have to be neccesarily shifted to the top of tier list if wobbling isnt band.

look at it this way by comparing it to Naruto training with shadow clones

theres like a billion foxes so all the fox playing has allowed a vast ammount ammount of knowledge to be learn about fox, but IC's have much fewer slalwart players. Once wobbling gets the notoriety its starting to stir up were goona see alot of IC's player learning it and most likely dominating.

ON the other hand, wobbling may never put IC climbers at the very top.
But one thing that may happen and would still be rather bad is having this gigantic blankcet layer of wobbling IC'S justttt below the top players who play other characters but can surmount the wobbling. In essence only the best players would be able to beat it and everyone else would get owned.

Im just ridiculously over tired and theorizing though :)

Myfacehurts

Smash Rookie
The reason SRK people keep coming in here and spitting knowledge is because people on that forum have been doing fighting game tournies since 1992. They have been through all this time and time again. Weather you like it or not, most of those people have exp with this sort of thing.

You don't have to agree, but you should at least hear out what they have to say. If they didn't know what they were talking about, I doubt there would still be televised Super Street Fighter 2 tournies and a HUGE competitive scene at all. Pretty good for a 13 year old game.

I'm gonna start training with IC and spam wobbles.

BTW, a lot of people are saying, "do you play smash? don't compare other fighters to smash, they're too different!"

Let me ask you something, do YOU play other fighters? Are you SURE they're too different? Sounds like a contradiction.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Up throw to rest is too good on space animals if they dont DI :p

It sucks that higher level players know to watch out for that >_<

Dthrow to knee with Falcon is pretty satisfying too :p

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I just want to add my final comments to this...

The metagame was starting to revolve more and more around the top 4 chars (Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco). I see many top ranked players switch from Falco to Fox, from Fox to Sheik, from Sheik to Marth, all in order to get the best matchup possible, all in order to win...

I remember when the Falco game started to rise up and Falco players were kicking every1's ***... but now many players managed to keep Falco in check, and we see Falco mains not maining their character 100% of the time anymore...

Now sum1 playing with a weaker character is dishing out major punishment, and we hear complaints like ''omg I gotta use Peach or Samus now'' and it just makes me laugh... You guys really want to restrict or game more and more to four characters? Don't you guys see that this is a blessing?

I DO NOT like Wobbling, like many of you... but I respect the technique and I respect the skills of a player that manages to use it, and I think that this is VERY GOOD for the game because it enriches the meta...

Now WHO will rise up to stop Wobbles' path of destruction? Who will be able to step his game high enough to knock the ICs back down in the tier list? Who will be the ''savior'' that every1 will cheer for when he manages to defeat the supposely cheap tactic called Wobbling?

This is the spirit of EVO...

Stay tuned for the next episode.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Now WHO will rise up to stop Wobbles' path of destruction? Who will be able to step his game high enough to knock the ICs back down in the tier list? Who will be the ''savior'' that every1 will cheer for when he manages to defeat the supposely cheap tactic called Wobbling?
It will be Samus :).

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Ok, wobbling is gay, but I'll say this.

Tactics now'adays are being used as gay as possible, without turning people homo.

Pretty much the best way I can put this. Everyone has something they don't like, there are ways to deal with ICs that makes it hard for them to do what they do. Playing smart isn't always the answer to EVERY question, but that doesn't mean you play dumb.

I sometimes believe in order to win you have to be aggrivating to the opponent match wise. So, like once guy said in his post.

I'm going to pick a bigg *** stage next time I fight chu, and shoot the living **** out of him, and hope he can't catch me. That should piss him off enough for me to take some advantage off it.

Stop bashing wobbles people, he's a good player as far as I'm concerned. Loosing for anyone isn't out of the question, so don't say things that insinuate that he should not have beaten Caveman. Though I do consider him lucky if he dodged all the Samus and Peach players at the tourney... wow.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
if wobbling is perfected then your only real way out of it is not to get grabbed. or eliminate nana as soon as possible. Or make sure that they are desynched or not close to each other when popo grabs you. But yes if they grab you under the right circumstances and they can wobble at will, then you lose a stock.
Wow, that sounds like a lot more then you can do if fox somehow shine spikes you off the level. If that happens, you're just screwed. Lets ban shine spiking guys! Its the cool thing to do nowadays I hear :embarrass

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should Wobbling be banned?

Ok. This is my opinon on this whole argument.

First off I would like to say I met Wobbles at Evo and he is a very cool guy. He is not a jerk, he is not arrogant. Wobbling was allowed at Evo and I respect wobbles decision to use it. IT WAS ALLOWED. I hope every can agree he had every right to use it and that no one should be bashing Wobbles as a person or degrading him or his skill in this game. He is a very skillful player and knows what he is doing completly. He didn't just win using wobbling. You really cannot argue this fact unless you were there. Wobbles defintly "deserved" to win Evo because he knew what he had to do to win and did it. Yes, Caveman is an amazing player who is very well known and has been playing this game competitivly for a long time. But that doesn't give ANYONE the right to belittle wobbles for doing what he had to do to win.

Also, please stop complaining about Wobbling. Try and make intellegent posts and be insightful. Just complaining and saying wobbling is gay is getting this debate no where any time soon. Look at King's and Chang's posts. They are great. What should be the main focus of attention here is weather or not wobbling should be banned in tournaments...not how cheap it is or how much people hate it.

To the people from other fighting games posting here: I am glad you are taking intrest in what is going on in the competative scene in our game. I hope we are not making a bad impression the fighting game community there but if we are then oh well. You're opinon of us really doesn't matter that much. I am not saying this to be harsh in any way or belittle any other fighting games I am just saying that SSBM's community is much larger then other fighting games. Yes you guys have experience with dealing with infinites in other games. We get that. But I think there is something you don't understand. SSBM is played completly differently then other fighters..I watched almost every other fighting game at EVO not just SSBM. I also play Tekken. Other games have similarity's yes..that cannot be argued. But most other games do not have the amount of variables that smash has in it's gameplay. Other games do not have the concept of "edgeguarding" and things like that in which smash is extremely important. Smash is just hard to compare to other fighting games and please don't flame or look down upon us for thinking that. We have been running tournaments for a long time..maybe not as long as you oldschool fighter players, but for the most part we know what we are doing. We do not need the input of the other communites..we already have pleanty of people to argue amoung smashers ourselfs. Try and consider that we don't want to look at what other fighting games did with their infinites and such we are just considering smash.

On to Wobbling!

Ok. The big Question. Should Wobbling be banned? People have made very good arguments for both sides. King's post was excellent and everyone should consider what he has said. What we need to consider here is if wobbling is really game-changing. I personnally believe that yes, it is. As mentioned before things such as the IC freeze glitch are banned yet harder to do with almost the same benifits. If wobbling is allowed it will force people to play certain characters with a HOPE of not being grabbed. People who main one character can no longer do well. What is going to happen to the Ganon players seriously? We are going to see more Samus and Peach players pop up as a result of wobbling and you know many people are going to pick up Ice Climbers.

Another question is..are we afriad of this change? Will it be bad? It will defininitly make matchs that involve IC's boring..people will camp..people will spam..people will counterpick..but that is only involving the matchs with IC's correct? The rest of the gameplay in smash stays the same. But how broken is this technique?

Everyone knows that they are going to be grabbed in a match. It is inevitible. Yes, if you think about it.."don't get grabbed" is good advice and something you should always be thinking about just like "Don't get hit". But it is going to happen. Is it fair to lose a stock because you got grabbed? Wobbling, unlike other infinites, is completly unescapable once it is started. As said before it is also an easy technique to preform meaning a wide assorment of players are going to be using it...constantly. No one really complains about things like Chaingrabbing or fox's infinite combos..because the other player has a factor when these things are being preformed. You can affect the outcome by things such as DI..CC..smash DI..being unpredictable..things like that. The problem with wobbling is that once the IC's grab you..assuming Nana is alive, you are dead. The techiniqe is not by any standard hard to preform. There is no way possible you can escape. You cannot escape at 55% or 105%. Once you are grabbed..You lose a stock. Not only that but this can be used as a stalling tactic because they can hold you forever.

I think almost everyone can agree that this should at least be banned as a stalling tactic correct? If it is allowed the player should no be allowed to wobble over a certian percent or something to that effect.

The problem is..how do you determin when someone is wobbling just to stall? You cannot have a judge stand behind every match and determine if they are stalling or not. If the other player calls over a judge the person wobbling can just kill them so he won't be accused of stalling. That in itself definitly warrents this tactic to be looked at being banned. If it is not going to be banned because it is easy to do then I think it will be because of what I have mentioned. Then again maybe not. I cannot say. I play in tournaments and with other competative smashers but I am not a pro so I doubt my views will be seriously considered. And I'm ok with that. No one person should decide weather this should be banned. I am just giving my view for others to put into perspective.

I think wobbling should be banned but I would not be mad if it wasn't. I can understand where people who are arguing for it to be legal are coming from because people such as king have made very good arguements for it. Overall I really just hope that this doesn't make smashers bitter twoards each other or the tactic in iteself. I enjoy going to tournaments and almost everyone I meet and play with is friendly and I have a good time. I DO NOT want to go to a tournament and hear a bunch of talk about how someone is cheap or pathetic because they wobble or anything of that nature. From what I can tell most smashers are friendly and get along with most people. Let's keep it that way. The last thing I want to hear someone say is "Great..another Ice Climber player". Lets keep it good-natured ok guys?

That's all I have to say.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
This topic has an amazing ability to prevent people from speaking intelligently about it.

I mean, wasn't Needle well spoken at one point? I seem to remember respecting him at some point... but pretty much everyone is arguing about the wrong stuff.

Nobody is really saying Wobbles didn't deserve his win, or that he sucks. But, him winning due to a single strategy is a big deal. Even if nothing comes of it, we, as a community, have a responsibility to discuss it.

It doesn't matter if wobbling is easy to do. It doesn't matter if Wobbles would or wouldn't have won without it. Skill level is NOT an issue here.

The only, only thing that matters is if wobbling is so powerful that the game becomes ice climbers versus anti ice climbers. That's it. If it eliminates a large portion of viable strategies.

According to some, the only characters that can beat an infiniting ice climbers are Samus and kind-of Falcon. If this is true (if), and no counter strategy develops, then it should be banned. Even these days, with the tier system so evident, there is no strategy that only 1-2 characters can beat. Peach may have an infinite chaingrab on fox/falco, but that's 3 characters total effected.

Honor systems are silly. If it IS unbeatable, and remains unbanned, then people will use it. If it isn't unbeatable, well, darn. Arguably, it's necessary to know how to play Fox/Falco/Shiek/Marth to win. Problems arise when it's necessary to PLAY icies to win, or Samus to counter icies, and that's it.

So there's an easy way to keep this argument on track. Leave skill out of it. It's irrelevant.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Listen, you will hardly ever see me back up anyone regardless of reason, but get off of Wobbles Mutha ****in **** man. I mean seriously, he won Evo South with Ice Climbers, they're some of the most neglected characters out there, and he has constantly won Dallas Area tournaments with that glitch banned, hell, he ***** a lot of people with IC's without it, even without out Ice Climbers, he still murders.
And don't blame him, EVO didn't ban it and its job, so he took advantage, thats what a real player does, exploits opponents weakness and loop holes and take advantage of it. I beat you'd be pissed off if they say the wave dashing glitch was banned, so was dash dancing, so don't ***** about what the hell wobbles did, It took skill regardless to get where he is, and should be applauded because of it. And if it was so **** easy to do, why didn't any of you just get the IC's and play wack a mole with someone's head?
Seriously, Wobbles is a respectable person, you've got to respect his integrity and skill, and if ya'll gonna ***** about it, then shut up, get better and find a way to surpass it, Nuff said.

Aesir

Smash Master
ragnarok texas is kinda funny CUZ HE TINKZ ROY IZ GUD LOLOLOOLOLOL

Anyway I've been watching that thread on SRK and they eat this up gives them a reason to bash our community its kinda funny and immature all in one. :D

Banning it wouldn't be a dumb idea but also wouldn't be smart either. theres plently of ways around this not just by going samus or peach. KDJ beat chus IC with marth Ken beats chus with marth too. Marth > IC. Other characters seem to do well vs them too you just need to know the match up. It doesn't really matter otherwise. In this game you need to know match ups and what stages give you the best advantage with these match ups.

tsetse

Smash Lord
So there's an easy way to keep this argument on track. Leave skill out of it. It's irrelevant.
Listen to Scav. Easy way to see if wobbling is broken and should be banned is if it takes no skill. Can someone who does not know the game learn it. Learn just that and start beating seasoned players. I did not say pros but seasoned players. Shine spiking takes skill, so does all the other non ic infinites. Does wobbling take skill or can someone just go up to a character grab them and then start wobbling. I really think this is something that MBR should decide. Close this thread let MBR decide.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
According to Wobbles, chu wasn't wobbling as much as he could have, and whenever he did wobble, he won.

SRK can bash this thread all they want. Most of it deserves it. But this does need to be discussed. Didn't the Street Fighter community ban Akuma a long, long time ago?

There are exceptional cases, and this *might* be one. The only problems in this thread come from people jumping to conclusions.

Edit: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tsetse, but I actually disagree with what you say :p

How hard it is to pull off doesn't matter. If wobbling was the hardest thing in the game, but it was still a 100% unbeatable strategy that turned the metagame into ices vs not icies, then it should still be banned.

Skill doesn't matter in this discussion. It just causes people to get cranky. Skill needs to be taken out of the discussion, not out of wobbling :p

jotun

Smash Ace
Situations where you might as well just put down your controller:
Versus Fox on Hyrule
IC Freeze Glitch
Peach Wallbombing Stall
Mewtwo Freeze Glitch
IC Infinite Grab

Why is Hyrule banned? If someone picks Hyrule, just pick Fox/Falco!
Why is the IC Freeze Glitch banned? Don't get grabbed! If you get grabbed, you deserve it!
Why is Peach Wallbombing Stall banned? Just don't let her get ahead!
Why is the Mewtwo Freeze Glitch banned? I'm not sure how you can even do it without items on...

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
here's the conclusion:

freeze glitch = banned

there is NOTHING a player can do to get out of it and doesnt require anything but a grab from nana.

wobbling = ?

there is NOTHING a player can do to get out of it and only requires a grab from nana OR popo.

LOOKS LIKE AN EASIER FREEZE GLITCH TO ME

so if freeze glitch = banned
and freeze glitch = wobbling
then wobbling = banned

unless freeze glitch gets unbanned, then wobbling = banned

also, every other chaingrab in the game is escapable.
also, every other infinite, which is pretty much only fox's shine infinite, requires more than just a hit, it requires a wall.

people saying that this is good for the "metagame" make me rofl. no person should HAVE to change characters in order to get a win. that's why onett is banned. if a person changes characters its because of personal taste, not necessity. people dont HAVE to change to shiek to beat marths. its totally possible w/ a space animal. they just do it because they prefer that matchup more.

also, citing street fighter is like talking about cows in this thread. NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT OTHER FIGHTERS. THIS IS SMASH WE DONT ****ING CARE WHAT OTHER COMMUNITIES DO.

and lolz @ wobbles challenging noj. you gon get *****.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes but having nana grab and freeze glitch is harder then having nana and popo desynced enough to infinite grab. GG
Not at all. Have you even tried to wobble? It is insanly easy.

_Snake_

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you guys are still arguing about this? Infinites have been tournament legal since the days of Street Fighter, get over it.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
Just to set something straight, cos this 'elitist' BS annoys me. SRK aren't the elitists, you guys are. SRK aren't acting elitist, they only come off as that to scrubs; like a pauper standing in the presence of a Prince, you automatically feel little and take almost everything they do as arrogance.

The SRK community is an experienced fighting community, they know ALOT about a VAST VARIETY of fighting games...so you'd wanna listen to them folks. Don't know how many of you play fg games other than Smash, but if you don't, then you are out of touch with the overall view on fg's and what should and shouldn't be banned.

And as someone said before, this is an old technique, and to actually wait until someone wins with it before you start *****ing is absolutely ******** and childish.

Scrubs may shun wobbles, but the true players will come through for and support him. So haters, you lose.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Read my post mainly the part bolded.

Ok. This is my opinon on this whole argument.

First off I would like to say I met Wobbles at Evo and he is a very cool guy. He is not a jerk, he is not arrogant. Wobbling was allowed at Evo and I respect wobbles decision to use it. IT WAS ALLOWED. I hope every can agree he had every right to use it and that no one should be bashing Wobbles as a person or degrading him or his skill in this game. He is a very skillful player and knows what he is doing completly. He didn't just win using wobbling. You really cannot argue this fact unless you were there. Wobbles defintly "deserved" to win Evo because he knew what he had to do to win and did it. Yes, Caveman is an amazing player who is very well known and has been playing this game competitivly for a long time. But that doesn't give ANYONE the right to belittle wobbles for doing what he had to do to win.

Also, please stop complaining about Wobbling. Try and make intellegent posts and be insightful. Just complaining and saying wobbling is gay is getting this debate no where any time soon. Look at King's and Chang's posts. They are great. What should be the main focus of attention here is weather or not wobbling should be banned in tournaments...not how cheap it is or how much people hate it.

To the people from other fighting games posting here: I am glad you are taking intrest in what is going on in the competative scene in our game. I hope we are not making a bad impression the fighting game community there but if we are then oh well. You're opinon of us really doesn't matter that much. I am not saying this to be harsh in any way or belittle any other fighting games I am just saying that SSBM's community is much larger then other fighting games. Yes you guys have experience with dealing with infinites in other games. We get that. But I think there is something you don't understand. SSBM is played completly differently then other fighters..I watched almost every other fighting game at EVO not just SSBM. I also play Tekken. Other games have similarity's yes..that cannot be argued. But most other games do not have the amount of variables that smash has in it's gameplay. Other games do not have the concept of "edgeguarding" and things like that in which smash is extremely important. Smash is just hard to compare to other fighting games and please don't flame or look down upon us for thinking that. We have been running tournaments for a long time..maybe not as long as you oldschool fighter players, but for the most part we know what we are doing. We do not need the input of the other communites..we already have pleanty of people to argue amoung smashers ourselfs. Try and consider that we don't want to look at what other fighting games did with their infinites and such we are just considering smash.

On to Wobbling!

Ok. The big Question. Should Wobbling be banned? People have made very good arguments for both sides. King's post was excellent and everyone should consider what he has said. What we need to consider here is if wobbling is really game-changing. I personnally believe that yes, it is. As mentioned before things such as the IC freeze glitch are banned yet harder to do with almost the same benifits. If wobbling is allowed it will force people to play certain characters with a HOPE of not being grabbed. People who main one character can no longer do well. What is going to happen to the Ganon players seriously? We are going to see more Samus and Peach players pop up as a result of wobbling and you know many people are going to pick up Ice Climbers.

Another question is..are we afriad of this change? Will it be bad? It will defininitly make matchs that involve IC's boring..people will camp..people will spam..people will counterpick..but that is only involving the matchs with IC's correct? The rest of the gameplay in smash stays the same. But how broken is this technique?

Everyone knows that they are going to be grabbed in a match. It is inevitible. Yes, if you think about it.."don't get grabbed" is good advice and something you should always be thinking about just like "Don't get hit". But it is going to happen. Is it fair to lose a stock because you got grabbed? Wobbling, unlike other infinites, is completly unescapable once it is started. As said before it is also an easy technique to preform meaning a wide assorment of players are going to be using it...constantly. No one really complains about things like Chaingrabbing or fox's infinite combos..because the other player has a factor when these things are being preformed. You can affect the outcome by things such as DI..CC..smash DI..being unpredictable..things like that. The problem with wobbling is that once the IC's grab you..assuming Nana is alive, you are dead. The techiniqe is not by any standard hard to preform. There is no way possible you can escape. You cannot escape at 55% or 105%. Once you are grabbed..You lose a stock. Not only that but this can be used as a stalling tactic because they can hold you forever.

I think almost everyone can agree that this should at least be banned as a stalling tactic correct? If it is allowed the player should no be allowed to wobble over a certian percent or something to that effect.

The problem is..how do you determin when someone is wobbling just to stall? You cannot have a judge stand behind every match and determine if they are stalling or not. If the other player calls over a judge the person wobbling can just kill them so he won't be accused of stalling. That in itself definitly warrents this tactic to be looked at being banned. If it is not going to be banned because it is easy to do then I think it will be because of what I have mentioned. Then again maybe not. I cannot say. I play in tournaments and with other competative smashers but I am not a pro so I doubt my views will be seriously considered. And I'm ok with that. No one person should decide weather this should be banned. I am just giving my view for others to put into perspective.

I think wobbling should be banned but I would not be mad if it wasn't. I can understand where people who are arguing for it to be legal are coming from because people such as king have made very good arguements for it. Overall I really just hope that this doesn't make smashers bitter twoards each other or the tactic in iteself. I enjoy going to tournaments and almost everyone I meet and play with is friendly and I have a good time. I DO NOT want to go to a tournament and hear a bunch of talk about how someone is cheap or pathetic because they wobble or anything of that nature. From what I can tell most smashers are friendly and get along with most people. Let's keep it that way. The last thing I want to hear someone say is "Great..another Ice Climber player". Lets keep it good-natured ok guys?

That's all I have to say.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I was thinking here.

If Wobbling isn't going to be banned, should we rethink the use Freeze Glitch? Not for stalling.
I mean, do the glitch, then set up oponnent's % to 150% (or like), regrab then KO.

EDIT: Yes, I know if the opponent SmashDIed its cause stalling.
What I'm trying to say: this tactic isn't equal as a Freeze Glitch, but the ways to escape from it isn't a way similar? (talking about a Perfect Timing Wobbling).

alcheato

Smash Ace
This entire discussion on the Wobbles is ridiculously stupid. Against most IC players just using Peach or counter picking Rainbow Cruise can avoid all that ****. Infinites are legal in pretty much any tournament fighting game, and while they are cheap, they're certainly far from unbeatable. Wobbles isn't the only IC player that uses the infinite and yet there's very few IC players that actually win tournaments. I mean there's no doubt that against any half decent IC player you're gonna get grabbed, but if you keep the pressure on Nana and play a smart game, it's that much harder to get chain-grabbed Wobbled. Step up the strategy, fools!

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
We can't really consider stage counterpicking as a "anti-Wobbling", because you chooses the Stage before you opponent chooses his/her character. Well, at least here in Brazil.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kizzu is absolutly correct.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Wow, you guys are still arguing about this? Infinites have been tournament legal since the days of Street Fighter, get over it.
Just to set something straight, cos this 'elitist' BS annoys me. SRK aren't the elitists, you guys are. SRK aren't acting elitist, they only come off as that to scrubs; like a pauper standing in the presence of a Prince, you automatically feel little and take almost everything they do as arrogance.

The SRK community is an experienced fighting community, they know ALOT about a VAST VARIETY of fighting games...so you'd wanna listen to them folks. Don't know how many of you play fg games other than Smash, but if you don't, then you are out of touch with the overall view on fg's and what should and shouldn't be banned.

And as someone said before, this is an old technique, and to actually wait until someone wins with it before you start *****ing is absolutely ******** and childish.

Scrubs may shun wobbles, but the true players will come through for and support him. So haters, you lose.
we dont ****ing care what srk has to say on anything. just because something is legla in another fighting game, DOES NOT mean it has to be legal here. smash > other fighting games so our rules will be > theirs too. and as for the whole "elitist thing". id like to play one of you srk guys, then see how smart you are when i ****ing **** your ***. gg.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
i dont care if im double posting
We can't really consider stage counterpicking as a "anti-Wobbling", because you chooses the Stage before you opponent chooses his/her character. Well, at least here in Brazil.
yep
This entire discussion on the Wobbles is ridiculously stupid. Against most IC players just using Peach or counter picking Rainbow Cruise can avoid all that ****. Infinites are legal in pretty much any tournament fighting game, and while they are cheap, they're certainly far from unbeatable. Wobbles isn't the only IC player that uses the infinite and yet there's very few IC players that actually win tournaments. I mean there's no doubt that against any half decent IC player you're gonna get grabbed, but if you keep the pressure on Nana and play a smart game, it's that much harder to get chain-grabbed Wobbled. Step up the strategy, fools!
you are a ****ing idiot. first match is double blind. that means you cant counterpick them theoretically. that also means you cant pick rainbow cruise. congradulations you just won 1/3 matches. you lose the set.
Hmmm I was thinking here.

If Wobbling isn't going to be banned, should we rethink the use Freeze Glitch? Not for stalling.
I mean, do the glitch, then set up oponnent's % to 150% (or like), regrab then KO.

EDIT: Yes, I know if the opponent SmashDIed its cause stalling.
What I'm trying to say: this tactic isn't equal as a Freeze Glitch, but the ways to escape from it isn't a way similar? (talking about a Perfect Timing Wobbling).
wtf areyou talking about. you cannot escape wobbling. and NO we shouldnt rethink freeze glitch. it was banned for a reason. not only is it inescapable instant stock ******ry, but it CAN be used to stall, just like wobbling. no other chaingrab can do that, nor can any "infinite" on neutral stages.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
wtf areyou talking about. you cannot escape wobbling. and NO we shouldnt rethink freeze glitch. it was banned for a reason. not only is it inescapable instant stock ******ry, but it CAN be used to stall, just like wobbling. no other chaingrab can do that, nor can any "infinite" on neutral stages.
I bet Mew2King could infinite ppl for 8 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom