• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO South Results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
wtf areyou talking about. you cannot escape wobbling. and NO we shouldnt rethink freeze glitch. it was banned for a reason. not only is it inescapable instant stock ******ry, but it CAN be used to stall, just like wobbling. no other chaingrab can do that, nor can any "infinite" on neutral stages.
As a thought. o.o~
I don't see reason to ban one thing, and don't ban another that its pretty similar.
For me, if Wobbling isn't going to be banned, the same reasons aren't good enough to keep Freeze Glitch banned, except to the SmashDIs causing stall (but this occur because of your opponent, so isn't your fault).

(sorry, I can't explain my thoughts very well. I'm English noob XD~)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
SRK people are making me sad. Smash, the game and the community, is nothing like any tradtional 2D or 3D fighter. And altho I don't play those other games, I am fairly familiar with them. A good friend of mine who used to play smash with me was well known in the GG community, and well versed in most fighting games. He taught me quite a bit, I just didn't care to get into other games because of how much I like smash. Please leave your comments to yourself, SRK.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
really? i request an example from a tournament match, preferably something mlg quality.

hint:
he's never used it in a tournament match, ever.
LOL, I never saw him do it either...

But I'm sure that he could infinite sum1 for a whole match lol, he just needs to be mad or sumtin.

EDIT: Hmm Guilty Gear... that's a **** good game.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just to set something straight, cos this 'elitist' BS annoys me. SRK aren't the elitists, you guys are. SRK aren't acting elitist, they only come off as that to scrubs; like a pauper standing in the presence of a Prince, you automatically feel little and take almost everything they do as arrogance.

The SRK community is an experienced fighting community, they know ALOT about a VAST VARIETY of fighting games...so you'd wanna listen to them folks. Don't know how many of you play fg games other than Smash, but if you don't, then you are out of touch with the overall view on fg's and what should and shouldn't be banned.

And as someone said before, this is an old technique, and to actually wait until someone wins with it before you start *****ing is absolutely ******** and childish.

Scrubs may shun wobbles, but the true players will come through for and support him. So haters, you lose.
I want to say that although it's fair for everyone to have their share of opinions, it's people jumping to conclusions that make the debate unnecessarily heated. I checked out what SRK said, and a lot of them jumped to the conclusion that we are n00bs because we are complaing about a tactic that we supposedly can get out of, which is not true. They don't have all the information about Wobbling and all the experience with smash, so their opinion on Wobbling is less worthy than an experienced Smash player. Not saying it's completely worthless, but although we're all playing fighting games, they're all still different.

I see some people on SRK stating how "it's only 1 stock out of 4 stocks. Big Deal. Combos in other fighting games are even more devastating." If you look at it that way, it's not so bad, but BECAUSE Smash is different from other fighting games, (trust me, I've watched lots of other fighting game vids/communities and know how their metagame works) it's not the same at all.

We're talking about relativity here.

In fighting games, there are combos that deal 50% damage and even more, so what's the big deal? Simply because 50% damage combos are pretty common with tons of characters. You can say it's a "norm" for fighting games like GG, 3S, MvC2, etc. However, smash has a completely different system of stocks where damage doesn't always mean everything. You can kill people as low as 3% and sometimes it'll go up to 200%. You'll notice that NO combo in the game guarantees a death (aka DI comes into play) Everything you do just racks up damage and helps you lead to an easier kill (most of the time at least) But none of this matters as much as the amount of stock you have. Smash doesn't have any set % combo in relative to your max health (yes, a bit confusing).

The main point I'm trying to make in the paragraph above is that, there is no combo (besides Wobbling) that basically takes off 25% of your health instantly in any character matchup, any stage, and almost any % (15-20% and above which is basically any %). The next best thing you have is chain throwing, but even that rarely happens since how it's EXTREMELY situational based on matchup, stage (anything besides FD means you can get out of it), and % as well. It's all about relativity of power here. Sure you have infinites in several other fighting games. Lots of us know that, but infinites are pretty common in their respective games and not in smash.

Main thing I want to say is that why are people on smashboards and SRK fighting each other? Several people on both sides don't know the differences between the other side's game. It's not fair to use your own game as a measuring stick to the other person's. I don't care if you have 3 years of tourney experience of 12 years of tourney experience. That means NOTHING when you are talking about a completely different fighting system.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want to say that although it's fair for everyone to have their share of opinions, it's people jumping to conclusions that make the debate unnecessarily heated. I checked out what SRK said, and a lot of them jumped to the conclusion that we are n00bs because we are complaing about a tactic that we supposedly can get out of, which is not true. They don't have all the information about Wobbling and all the experience with smash, so their opinion on Wobbling is less worthy than an experienced Smash player. Not saying it's completely worthless, but although we're all playing fighting games, they're all still different.

I see some people on SRK stating how "it's only 1 stock out of 4 stocks. Big Deal. Combos in other fighting games are even more devastating." If you look at it that way, it's not so bad, but BECAUSE Smash is different from other fighting games, (trust me, I've watched lots of other fighting game vids/communities and know how their metagame works) it's not the same at all.

In fighting games, there are combos that deal 50% damage and even more, so what's the big deal? Simply because 50% damage combos are pretty common with tons of characters. You can say it's a "norm" for fighting games like GG, 3S, MvC2, etc. However, smash has a completely different system of stocks where damage doesn't always mean everything. You can kill people as low as 3% and sometimes it'll go up to 200%. You'll notice that NO combo in the game guarantees a death (aka DI comes into play) Everything you do just racks up damage and helps you lead to an easier kill (most of the time at least) But none of this matters as much as the amount of stock you have. Smash doesn't have any set % combo in relative to your max health (yes, a bit confusing).

The main point I'm trying to make in the paragraph above is that, there is no combo (besides Wobbling) that basically takes off 25% of your health instantly in any character matchup, any stage, and almost any % (15-20% and above which is basically any %). The next best thing you have is chain throwing, but even that rarely happens since how it's EXTREMELY situational based on matchup, stage (anything besides FD means you can get out of it), and % as well. It's all about relativity of power here. Sure you have infinites in several other fighting games. Lots of us know that, but infinites are pretty common in their respective games and not in smash.

Main thing I want to say is that why are people on smashboards and SRK fighting each other? Several people on both sides don't know the differences between the other side's game. It's not fair to use your own game as a measuring stick to the other person's. I don't care if you have 3 years of tourney experience of 12 years of tourney experience. That means NOTHING when you are talking about a completely different fighting system.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say but couldn't word it right. Thank's chang.

Drephen

Smash Master
smash is not like other fighting games

an infinite in smash means something totally different than one in street fighter

like azen said "in other fighting games you can even ****ing turn around and walk the other way if you want to"

we shouldnt compare the two

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet

I'm neutral on the whole banning thing, I've yet to come to a conclusion about it. However, my main concern is addressed to the people in this thread who are hating on wobbles, and blowing a technique way out of proportion.

I am no smash n00b, this is the first game I've went to a tourney for and been competetive in; I know about the game and do actually always argue for it. I know that it is not very similar to other fighting games, however, there ARE still similarities.

What's similar about all fighting games, are the philosophies and mindset you bring with you. What's similar about all fighting games, is that there will always be something cheap, annoying, frustrating...whatever.

Point here is, are Ice Climbers unbeatable because of the infinite? No. If other players can still beat Ice Climbers, why can't you? I'll tell you why, laziness. People don't wanna seem to work for victory; and the second reason, is because these people go in with the WRONG mindset. And yes, one stock is not much; sure, it gives IC the lead...but what it doesn't do, is insure victory; what it doesn't do, is make a crappy player win; what it doesn't do, is break the game.

And people say it's easy, then why do we not see it so often? This is a old technique, why is it when it's finally used on the big screen, do people have to moan about it?

It is ESPECIALLY hard to land a throw on someone who KNOWS that you are going for it. IC play represents that of the high risk/reward style; if they keep going for it, and keep messing up (like they most likely will) then they will pay a more severe price. They will be running into danger. So if a player lands the infinite on another good player, on the big screen, in the finals, having worked for it...he/she deserves the reward. And now he/she will have to work their *** even harder to get it again or even win the entire match.

Stop thinking that Smash is SO different from other fighters; because at the heart of the game it really isn't. It's just that SSBM is unique, it has a unique and different INTERFACE, and contributes to a different type of gameplay style; and that doesn't mean that fighting game philosophies can't be applied to the game.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
You know, if it hasn't been banned yet, it probably never will be. Just get used to it, use it, whatever. Just stop crying like little girls.

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
This really shouldn't be banned. It's just ******** if it is. It HAS been around for quite some time no? The knowledge of this has been around before, yet it only comes to question because Wobbles beat Caveman? There are ways to get around it. LEARN THEM!

Also there is the philosophy of "playing to win"

In my honest opinion, I think it's great that Wobbles came into Evo and won. Why? It's a much different change of pace for the Texas smash community. There's actually someone else out there who can compete in the top. This game has been around too long and it's been the same. A little flavor is actually pretty good now and I'm enjoying it.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
really? i request an example from a tournament match, preferably something mlg quality.

hint: he's never used it in a tournament match, ever.
MLG Orlando pro bracket M2K vs. Darkrain, 30 to about 250%, ended it by his own good grace. Granted it was the rock formation but continuing it afterwards wouldnt have been a stretch.

Get your **** straight and try not to make all your arguments a really stupid insult on the other person. You act as if the infinite is garunteed, I'm going to make this simple for you

Note: The person I am reffering to is TheVeryArrogantSoup on smashboards, known as Zack otherwise. Wobbles can defend me here I believe.

Through my own personal experience and the experience of my fellow crew members who all play DIFFERENT TOP TIER CHARACTERS, when playing against someone well versed in using the infinite and under the neccessary conditions, land the infinite almost every time, we all have come to the conclusion it is not game breaking, unfair, or unbalanced in any way shape or form.

Please come back to me with a couple months experience against the tactic and state your arguments then. Its pretty ridiculous to see people complain about a tactic they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. Its more ridiculous then claiming SRK members have no right to speak of smash when they know nothing about. Their knowledge of competitive smash based solely upon their knowledge of competitive tournaments far outstrips any member here who has little to no experience of playing against the IC infinite. The extent of the use and effectiveness of the wobbles goes as far as that of a shine spike.

Watty

Smash Lord
to people who have said its been around for forever...

There are like maybe 4 good Ice Climber players in the country. They all knew ABOUT it they might not of known how good it could of been but they knew there was such a tactic. It seemed as if there was an unwritten rule in the IC community about doing it. Chu doesnt like it Hochi doesn't like it they both knew about it so to me it juss seemed as if they felt like doing it was wrong. There are unwritten rules in all sports like this, and even though there isnt a rule stopping it, people are upset because they knew it shouldnt be done.

I suck at explaining things on line, the whole grammar thing and me suck sooooo if u dont understand what im saying than forget my post. If u do understamd i hope that i have enlightened you

Aesir

Smash Master
Yeah I remember on the IC boards there seemed to be have been an unwritten rule that the Infinite was bad. Much like how some of the japenese players have this unwritten honor code that chain grabbing is bad. But wobbles came around and said **** the unwritten **** and just wobbled people.

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
I can't believe Wobbles is getting so much grief for the infinite grab. He's just playing the game. He's a good guy and one hell of a player. I say congrats for getting first and stick to your guns. Don't be so sour guys, just play.

XIF

Smash Master
I dont think it was an unwritten rule so much as it was something they didnt really see as a viable or readily feasible tactic in tournament play. If I recall correctly, Zack told me at MLG dallas last year, when he was talking to Chu (or someone was) that Chu was taken aback by how they explained the infinite in tournament play.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
here's the conclusion:

freeze glitch = banned

there is NOTHING a player can do to get out of it and doesnt require anything but a grab from nana.

wobbling = ?

there is NOTHING a player can do to get out of it and only requires a grab from nana OR popo.

LOOKS LIKE AN EASIER FREEZE GLITCH TO ME

so if freeze glitch = banned
and freeze glitch = wobbling
then wobbling = banned

unless freeze glitch gets unbanned, then wobbling = banned

also, every other chaingrab in the game is escapable.
also, every other infinite, which is pretty much only fox's shine infinite, requires more than just a hit, it requires a wall.

people saying that this is good for the "metagame" make me rofl. no person should HAVE to change characters in order to get a win. that's why onett is banned. if a person changes characters its because of personal taste, not necessity. people dont HAVE to change to shiek to beat marths. its totally possible w/ a space animal. they just do it because they prefer that matchup more.

also, citing street fighter is like talking about cows in this thread. NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT OTHER FIGHTERS. THIS IS SMASH WE DONT ****ING CARE WHAT OTHER COMMUNITIES DO.

and lolz @ wobbles challenging noj. you gon get *****.

its pretty much as simple as that,

i think everyone over analyzing and we should just compare it to the freeze glitch

cuz really if

S=P
W=P

then tah dah

S=W

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
also, XIF, you're crew of "top tier characters" isn't good. you are from florida. there are maybe 3 good players from florida. dashiz,keepn, and mikeg. tt retired. and what good ic player are you playing? ROFL. there are no good ic down there.

and comparing this to a shinespike is ridiculous. you ahve to have mad at least 3 mistakes to get gimped at low% (which is what youa re talking about).
1. you got off the edge at low percents from either bthrow, another move, or you just ran off like an idiot
2. you didnt expect the shinespike and got ***** for it
3. you didnt save your jump

getting grabbed once is NOT your fault. its the ic doing a good job and doing WHAT THEIR ENTIRE GAME IS BASED ON

also, referencing m2k vs darkrain is awful. darkrain jumped into the rock formation hole against fox. that is so ridiculously awful to do and he got punished for it. and it wasn't a true infinite cuz the formation ended. so in conclusion you need
1. the rock formation
2. someone dumb to go down there
3. time enough to rack up enough dmg

compare to ic infinite, you need

1. a grab

this is done.

also,

I AM HOSTING A TOURNAMENT IN THE MIDWEST (BARRINGTON, IL) AND I AM GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO BAN THIS ****. GG WOBBLES AND FRIENDS.

moogle

Smash Ace
The only, only thing that matters is if wobbling is so powerful that the game becomes ice climbers versus anti ice climbers. That's it. If it eliminates a large portion of viable strategies.
Panicked (on Shoryuken) said:
Are Ice Climbers even top tier? No? Other characters have better options, you say? So we should make a non-top tier character worse?

C'mon, Smash players; step your game up.
Talking about whether the Wobble should be banned... are there really any arguments that top these?

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Wobbling is NOT like freeze glitch.

If you stop wobblin' during wobbling then your opponent can escape.
In freeze glitch you do nothin' and you're opponent is still frozen.

Argument defeated.
why would you stop wobbling? that would be ********. if you can DO the wobble then you continue DOING it until you want to stop or forever if you ****ing want.

your arguement is as good as "WAT IF U DRIP UR CONTRAOLER"

XIF

Smash Master
also, XIF, you're crew of "top tier characters" isn't good. you are from florida. there are maybe 3 good players from florida. dashiz,keepn, and mikeg. tt retired. and what good ic player are you playing? ROFL. there are no good ic down there.

and comparing this to a shinespike is ridiculous. you ahve to have mad at least 3 mistakes to get gimped at low% (which is what youa re talking about).
1. you got off the edge at low percents from either bthrow, another move, or you just ran off like an idiot
2. you didnt expect the shinespike and got ***** for it
3. you didnt save your jump

getting grabbed once is NOT your fault. its the ic doing a good job and doing WHAT THEIR ENTIRE GAME IS BASED ON

also, referencing m2k vs darkrain is awful. darkrain jumped into the rock formation hole against fox. that is so ridiculously awful to do and he got punished for it. and it wasn't a true infinite cuz the formation ended. so in conclusion you need
1. the rock formation
2. someone dumb to go down there
3. time enough to rack up enough dmg

compare to ic infinite, you need

1. a grab

this is done.
Thanks for posting more **** that you dont know about. Read my post and ask wobbles if Zack is a good IC player, or at the VERY LEAST, effective with the infinite. Second: ROFL at thinking mike G lives here, you really know FL huh? 3: I went 2-3 against shizwiz last tournament I fought him, I 2 stocked his falco twice in a row, he 2 stocked me with fox, and I lost another match against his falco. against keepspeedn I went 1-3, winning the first and losing the rest all one stock. My crew consists of lambchops, with a pretty good tournament record against lambchops, green mario, who got 7th at SmashAid 7th (tied with Shizwiz) and Noucles, who shizwiz and speedn will vouch for him and any of us to be good players.

And if you have any doubt on my skill watch this video and judge for yourself, I'm roughly 18 minutes in and then later one about 45 minutes in and an hour and 12 minutes. All my matches are labeled.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-200306809758712392&q=zp3

My reference to that match stands because had that been another wall that wouldnt go away (common in MLG stage sets) he could have gone on forever really. M2K has AR-vision.

now please, PLEASE, to avoid running the risk of acting like a completely ignorant tool and a scrub, come back with some facts and experience. I dont care what you have to say about it, you dont know what you're talking about AT ALL.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
also, notice how NO good players are behind this?

good people against this:

dope
noj
pc chris
ck
drephen

good people for?

NONE

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah I remember on the IC boards there seemed to be have been an unwritten rule that the Infinite was bad. Much like how some of the japenese players have this unwritten honor code that chain grabbing is bad. But wobbles came around and said **** the unwritten **** and just wobbled people.
Wow, what a bunch of scrubs. Honor code? Give me a ****ing break.

You do what you have to in order to win. Banning "dishonorable" tactics is a pathetic admission that you're unwilling to work harder for the win. And I am aware that 95% of you are probably better than I am at this game. Being a scrub isn't about skill--it's about your mindset.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I'm neutral on the whole banning thing, I've yet to come to a conclusion about it. However, my main concern is addressed to the people in this thread who are hating on wobbles, and blowing a technique way out of proportion.

I am no smash n00b, this is the first game I've went to a tourney for and been competetive in; I know about the game and do actually always argue for it. I know that it is not very similar to other fighting games, however, there ARE still similarities.

What's similar about all fighting games, are the philosophies and mindset you bring with you. What's similar about all fighting games, is that there will always be something cheap, annoying, frustrating...whatever.

Point here is, are Ice Climbers unbeatable because of the infinite? No. If other players can still beat Ice Climbers, why can't you? I'll tell you why, laziness. People don't wanna seem to work for victory; and the second reason, is because these people go in with the WRONG mindset. And yes, one stock is not much; sure, it gives IC the lead...but what it doesn't do, is insure victory; what it doesn't do, is make a crappy player win; what it doesn't do, is break the game.

And people say it's easy, then why do we not see it so often? This is a old technique, why is it when it's finally used on the big screen, do people have to moan about it?

It is ESPECIALLY hard to land a throw on someone who KNOWS that you are going for it. IC play represents that of the high risk/reward style; if they keep going for it, and keep messing up (like they most likely will) then they will pay a more severe price. They will be running into danger. So if a player lands the infinite on another good player, on the big screen, in the finals, having worked for it...he/she deserves the reward. And now he/she will have to work their *** even harder to get it again or even win the entire match.

Stop thinking that Smash is SO different from other fighters; because at the heart of the game it really isn't. It's just that SSBM is unique, it has a unique and different INTERFACE, and contributes to a different type of gameplay style; and that doesn't mean that fighting game philosophies can't be applied to the game.

you obviously have never been 4 stocked by a wobbling IC

and the same goes for me. but i play ice climber regularly who doesnt care to elarn to wobble and even with a ton of practice i will get grabbed atleast once a stock,

i mean people have these arugment about" just kill Nana" or "just seperate the two"

but those can work either way , cuz i could adivse wobbles and be like "WELL JUST DONT GET SEPERATED AND ALWAYS GRAB THEM.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Thanks for posting more **** that you dont know about. Read my post and ask wobbles if Zack is a good IC player, or at the VERY LEAST, effective with the infinite. Second: ROFL at thinking mike G lives here, you really know FL huh? 3: I went 2-3 against shizwiz last tournament I fought him, I 2 stocked his falco twice in a row, he 2 stocked me with fox, and I lost another match against his falco. against keepspeedn I went 1-3, winning the first and losing the rest all one stock. My crew consists of lambchops, with a pretty good tournament record against lambchops, green mario, who got 7th at SmashAid 7th (tied with Shizwiz) and Noucles, who shizwiz and speedn will vouch for him and any of us to be good players.

And if you have any doubt on my skill watch this video and judge for yourself, I'm roughly 18 minutes in and then later one about 45 minutes in and an hour and 12 minutes. All my matches are labeled.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-200306809758712392&q=zp3

now please, PLEASE, to avoid running the risk of acting like a completely ignorant tool and a scrub, come back with some facts and experience. I dont care what you have to say about it, you dont know what you're talking about AT ALL.
wait so the only good people you've played are florida people? ROFL. that's accurate results

you're right. mikeg isnt fl, hes ga. but that just makes yoru state WORSE. ROFLZ

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace

You do what you have to in order to win. Banning "dishonorable" tactics is a pathetic admission that you're unwilling to work harder for the win. And I am aware that 95% of you are probably better than I am at this game. Being a scrub isn't about skill--it's about your mindset.
no its not. a scrub can have the best attitude towards teh game but get 4-stocked by a pikachu and still be ascrub. thx.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
also, notice how NO good players are behind this?

good people against this:

dope
noj
pc chris
ck
drephen

good people for?

NONE
Hmm...

King
Tapion
Tink
Speedn
Wobbles
Chu (presumably)
Alphazealot, and apparently the majority of the Smash backroom.

GJ.

Aesir

Smash Master
So I'm a scrub because way back when whenever I looked at the ICs forum, I would some known ICs players saying "Infinite is lame don't do it" hence where i got the assumption they thought it was bad to do. Hell Chu was fully capable of doing it and only until recently decided to do it.

You seem to think I think its dishonerable, honer and competative play never go hand in hand if you think honor has anything to do with competative play just go and leave now.

Liek I've said before here and on SRK I'm only against this when its misused as a stall tact.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Hmm...

King
plays jigglypuff, never gets grabbed because she has infinite jumps
wisconsin. also, doesnt play agaisnt any ic's besides trail (like a year ago) and he doesnt infinite
is an idiot. i <3 tink to death but this kid says some stupid stuff sometimes
florida.
not good. he needs to use an infinite to win.
Chu (presumably)
plays ic. wants a broken move.

failure

also, i, and others, had a policy on this that it shoudl be left unbanned until it really affected tournaments. it now gave someone who isn't that great $700. time to ban thsi ****!

also
Alphazealot, and apparently the majority of the Smash backroom.
backroom is a bunch of people who paid to get in there or were given broom accounts cuz tehy post REALLY LONG UNNECESARY POSTS. and i could care lessa bout az.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
stop lightly tapping A you mean? OH the difficulty
You guyz seem to complain because technically executing the infinite (which consists of tapping A) is **** easy once you get the grab off, but this really doesn't matter here...

At a high level of play, a superior player will be able to flawlessly execute any combo he wants with his character... So the tech skill required in order to pull the infinite off really doesn't have anything to do here.

Also, Hank says that Wobbling would be like freeze glitch because you can't do **** once your caught in it. But remember that there's many combos in this game that you can't do **** about : YES you can DI ALL YOU WANT but if your opponent doesn't suck he will be able to **** you anyways...

That's probably the main reason why there's tiers in this game: Roy sucks cause many of his ''RoK-bos'' can be DI-ed off. Marth doesn't because a good one can adjust to DI and finish his combos.

Wobbling is not like Freeze glitch. Bring up another argument.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
you obviously have never been 4 stocked by a wobbling IC

and the same goes for me. but i play ice climber regularly who doesnt care to elarn to wobble and even with a ton of practice i will get grabbed atleast once a stock,

i mean people have these arugment about" just kill Nana" or "just seperate the two"

but those can work either way , cuz i could adivse wobbles and be like "WELL JUST DONT GET SEPERATED AND ALWAYS GRAB THEM.
But the thing is, even though it's very hard not to get grabbed, it's not impossible, why don't you understand this? If other people can beat it, why can't you?

You're just making me repeat what I've already said, you haven't really adressed my points. Even if you do get grabbed, that may happen when Nana isn't even alive.

If you get 4 stocked be a wobble, who's fault is it but yours?

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
You guyz seem to complain because technically executing the infinite (which consists of tapping A) is **** easy once you get the grab off, but this really doesn't matter here...

At a high level of play, a superior player will be able to flawlessly execute any combo he wants with his character... So the tech skill required in order to pull the infinite off really doesn't have anything to do here.

Also, Hank says that Wobbling would be like freeze glitch because you can't do **** once your caught in it. But remember that there's many combos in this game that you can't do **** about : YES you can DI ALL YOU WANT but if your opponent doesn't suck he will be able to **** you anyways...

That's probably the main reason why there's tiers in this game: Roy sucks cause many of his ''RoK-bos'' can be DI-ed off. Marth doesn't because a good one can adjust to DI and finish his combos.

Wobbling is not like Freeze glitch. Bring up another argument.
marth combos are NOT instant deaths. not only is it possible to DI out, but you can also DI the "finishing" move.

all an ic has to do is uthrow or basically anything at 999 to get that kill.

DOES ANYONE HERE EVEN PLAY THE ****ING GAME???????????

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Wrong. An IC cant wobble till 999 or his *** will be called for stalling.

Wobbling does not equal instant death in that case lol
no its not stalling, cuz hes doing damage to them. stalling would be doing rising pound, not attacking or approaching. even though it was a joke im too mad to laugh cuz i know that someone stupid will agree w/ ur joke seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom