• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo North: The Midwest Championships (June 22-24 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
On the Evo website it says...

" Registration!
June 11th - June 17th, 11:59 PM PST

Register Online and get a $10 discount on your registration cost!! Only $20 to register, plus $10 for each tournament. "

So I'm assuming since it's after June. 17th now the early bird discount is over.
I just registered last night for 30 dollars.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I just registered last night for 30 dollars.
Heh, either they forgot to change it or they're having problems with it just like they did with registration when it was first supposed to go up.

Either way, now's a good time to take advantage of it.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Is Evo North gonna get some really good smashers? East got Pcchris and mew2king, I don't really know where they are so whether the REALLY good smashers are gonna be there idk, and I don't want to find out round 1 the DAY of the tourney lol. "Hey Sync... your first opponent is King. Good luck... I heard you suck against Jiggs"

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Would anyone be interested in going to a pre-Evo tourney on Saturday, June 23rd near Carol Stream (around 40 minutes away from Evo North)? I figured I'd ask since a bunch of people are coming down to Illinois for Evo (and may not have anything to do the day before).

I was going to have a local tournament on Saturday night (the night before Evo) with some friends to get warmed up for the actual tournament, but some people ended up not being able to show, so I think I may end up cancelling it.

However, if enough people on here show interest, I'll continue with my plans. If anyone is interested, lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm assuming this is a ******* question, but the 8 person invite to evo world doesn't mean those are the only people (along with the winners of the other evos) that can play in worlds does it? Isn't it just that they don't have play in the first part of the tourney out there, or they get top seed or some **** right?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Sam and Jesi are coming! plus possibly 1 dmac from KC/Lawrence.

I was wondering where people were staying? At the venue or are any particular smashers being generous enough to house? And I certainly hope there are doubles...

I just registered today and I got $30 price for the tournament reg. and Smash event. even though it says it ended on the 17th....

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Would anyone be interested in going to a pre-Evo tourney on Saturday, June 23rd near Carol Stream (around 40 minutes away from Evo North)? I figured I'd ask since a bunch of people are coming down to Illinois for Evo (and may not have anything to do the day before).

I was going to have a local tournament on Saturday night (the night before Evo) with some friends to get warmed up for the actual tournament, but some people ended up not being able to show, so I think I may end up cancelling it.

However, if enough people on here show interest, I'll continue with my plans. If anyone is interested, lemme know and I'll see what I can do.
If this is the same tourny as Ace Madcap's...

Aww, it's bad enough I can't go to Evo, you can't cancel this on me too )';

Otherwise, maybe ya'll can combine 'em?

I'm playing SOMEONE in friendlies Saturday if I can't get a tournament going. I'm so smash deprived )';

EDIT: Ergh, don't know how I'd get to Carol Stream even if you did have it. Thats a good 30+ miles for me, which is a wee bit much as I just learned I won't have access to a car. Guess I'm out either way.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
If this is the same tourny as Ace Madcap's...

Aww, it's bad enough I can't go to Evo, you can't cancel this on me too )';

Otherwise, maybe ya'll can combine 'em?

I'm playing SOMEONE in friendlies Saturday if I can't get a tournament going. I'm so smash deprived )';
Yeah, I'm Ace Madcap. I just changed my name since Ace Marth already had the name "Ace" taken.

I don't know if there'll be a tourney for sure but you're more than welcome to stop by for some smash if you'd like. I'll still probably be having people over. Maybe...I don't know. Seems like everyone is cancelling last minute. If you're in the area and want someone to smash with, just let me know.

Why can't you go to Evo though?

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Never mind then.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I'm in Chicago till 'bout noon on Sunday, I'll have to leave well before the Smash part of Evo gets underway.

Don't know if you saw my edit before you posted - I won't have a way to get to your place if its out of reach of Chicago's public transportation.

That is, unless you or one of the others going doesn't mind driving 35 or so miles east to pick me and my friend up, and drop us back off afterwards. I can completely understand if thats asking a bit much, but I figured no harm in asking. Even if its just friendlies, I'd love to play some new people.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm in Chicago till 'bout noon on Sunday, I'll have to leave well before the Smash part of Evo gets underway.

Don't know if you saw my edit before you posted - I won't have a way to get to your place if its out of reach of Chicago's public transportation.

That is, unless you or one of the others going doesn't mind driving 35 or so miles east to pick me and my friend up, and drop us back off afterwards. I can completely understand if thats asking a bit much, but I figured no harm in asking. Even if its just friendlies, I'd love to play some new people.
Well I go to school at UiC and I just take the Metra train to commute to the city and back. That'd probably be the most convenient method of transportation. Only takes abour an hour to get here from Chicago and it'll cost only $5 (if you get the weekend pass). If you guys would want to do this and if we still end up having the tournament, then my buddy and I can probably pick you guys up from the train station and drop you back off.

I have to see how everything's going to work out first. Stupid last minute changes making everything hectic.

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Northbrook is my hometown, so if you guys have any questions about where stuff is, just drop me a message.

I'll be going as well

neko

Smash Apprentice
could anyone from cbus or cinci give me a ride.. maybe... possibly.. please?

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm assuming this is a ******* question, but the 8 person invite to evo world doesn't mean those are the only people (along with the winners of the other evos) that can play in worlds does it? Isn't it just that they don't have play in the first part of the tourney out there, or they get top seed or some **** right?

Jesi

Smash Ace
ash you're welcome to say w/ Sam and I and dmac if you can make it out! I think we're going to end up getting a hotel room somewhere?

Good Job at Pound Jiano ;)

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
i'd really like to get those questions answered before i register...

prize breakdown? top 8 get flown to worlds?
I don't think anybody here would know the answer to your questions. I think your best bet is to go to the forums linked to on the first page and ask there.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Tink and Drephen were the first two to post that they'd go in this thread, and they're pretty well accepted as two of the top-5 in the Midwest.
I guess Tink isn't going anymore :(

Thanks though, it's the stereotypical "If so-and-so REALLY good player is going than I'll go, just to watch the butt kicking". Kinda sad, cuz' when Tapion doesn't show up at our WI tourneys about half the people who were originally planning to go change their minds.

BigGman

Smash Journeyman
viperboy- i don't know the prize breakdown, but the top eight don't get free flights to vegas. they just qualify for the final 32 man bracket.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Is Evo North gonna get some really good smashers? East got Pcchris and mew2king, I don't really know where they are so whether the REALLY good smashers are gonna be there idk, and I don't want to find out round 1 the DAY of the tourney lol. "Hey Sync... your first opponent is King. Good luck... I heard you suck against Jiggs"
get deez johnz outta my face...

yea trail is gonna go.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm assuming this is a ******* question, but the 8 person invite to evo world doesn't mean those are the only people (along with the winners of the other evos) that can play in worlds does it? Isn't it just that they don't have play in the first part of the tourney out there, or they get top seed or some **** right?_____________________
sooooooooo

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Quoted from the Evo website:

"The top 8 finishers in each tournament at Evo North win automatic placement into the semi-final bracket at the world finals, completely bypassing pool play."

So no, they're not the only ones.
awesome, thanks bro, i really really didn't feel like reading the evo website =P

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, I had to wonder since we have Spectator tickets for $30 (which is only needed for people planning to eat and sleep at the church).

Cool!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yaeh, i missed out on reg. too :/

i might still come, check out the comp. registered and see prize break downs, then emergency register if it looks ok, lolz.

tink/big c, i'll be up there later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom