• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
We interrupt you this EVO 2015 Smash Wii U tourney to show you an animated EVO logo that has been done proudly by our teams.

Speaking of which, is this normal? I hear match sounds in the background (And the winner is... Sheik!) but all I see is EVO's logo...
Yes, that's normal. They're switching commentators.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
ofc, shofu uses the fact that Static Manny and Capt. Awesum beat Dabuz and Rain as factors for customs to be banned.

BiRdZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brock722
3DS FC
2535-4775-2786
I understand most people in this thread wants customs to continue to be a thing, but why are some of the people in this thread acting like the people who lost to customs are going to now assume they don't want customs? Before EVO a lot of top players said they wanted customs off while others didn't. The only thing EVO will do is show everyone whether customs will continue to be or not.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There are upsets happening everywhere, and the brackets don't update!
Still kudos to the EVO staff, but c'mon, I want to know!!!!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I climbed to top 128 before fallen melted me. Pretty satisfied, especially given my pessimistic expectations.

Dat John numbers hype though!

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I climbed to top 128 before fallen melted me. Pretty satisfied, especially given my pessimistic expectations.

Dat John numbers hype though!
I know Dabuz is regarded as the definitive Rosalina right now, and for good reason, but I find Falln's Rosalina a lot more engaging to watch. Maybe it's just me.

</tangent>

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Who's willing to bet that Capt. Awesum winning at all in this tourney will be an argument against customs?

D

Deleted member

Who's willing to bet that Capt. Awesum winning at all in this tourney will be an argument against customs?
I think this tourney itself will be an argument against customs. Even if nothing odd happened, people would complain.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
...and customs Villager looks like a Sheik counterpick. I'm liking this a lot.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Maybe if John Numbers says "I approve customs" Nintendo will force us to use them.

The dream is still real

TriTails

Smash Lord
CptnAwesum won.

*Sheik lands an F-tilt*
*Balloon explodes*
Commentaors: WHAT!?

Still, even Sheik couldn't approach easily . But when she does, she deals 40-50% of damage.

Why does this sound like Luigi vs Zoners MUs!?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pretty sure that sheik also didn't know the matchup. He never went below villager when he was recovering to hit him without getting hit by balloons. Also I'd like to remind you that this villager loses consistently to default zss at my locals :p

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
People just want to complain about Smash 4 saying that it will be the same as Brawl. Until another game comes out the game will be forgotten. Maybe this is true. But the game is pretty good. In Melee you don't see a Kirby win to a Fox. But in here, you actually saw a Wii Fit Trainer defeat a Fox. One of the worst characters in the game just defeated a top tier character. It's just plain amazing. I love the 2 games but I don't think Smash 4 deserves the **** that has been getting.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Why does this sound like Luigi vs Zoners MUs!?
To defeat the super-zoner a rushdown character won't do it. Try an counter-zoner. In patch 1.0.8 the "backward facing" bit was flipped on Villager's bair slingshot, which means Hylian Shield now blocks it.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Even if K9 wasn't prepared for custom Villager, you can't deny that is a good argument that at least some customs or combinations need to be banned. How the heck do characters like Ike/Ganon/Falcon get trough that?

Sheik couldn't, and crouching under some of that stuff wouldn't just lead you to get hit by the baloons rising from the stage?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
If Sheik knows the matchup she can handle custom villager. She wins the projectile war with needles and grenades. She can punish everything despite the sapling with bouncing fish and she can handle him on the ledge fine (vanish>everything).

I've seen people struggle with it the first time, call it hopeless and then come back and beat good villager players.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Even if K9 wasn't prepared for custom Villager, you can't deny that is a good argument that at least some customs or combinations need to be banned. How the heck do characters like Ike/Ganon/Falcon get trough that?

Sheik couldn't, and crouching under some of that stuff wouldn't just lead you to get hit by the baloons rising from the stage?
But it was an option he didn't utilize at all.

Also, that Villager doesn't even win his locals.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
And now AceStar is campaigning to ban customs.

Yeah, as much as I'd hate to admit. No matter the result, customs are going to be gone because famous players are against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom