• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
So that's a Pac Man using all of his tools efficiently...

I'm scared, REALLY scared of the Pacman.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Abadango is really good. I watched him before of course but I thought MVD could at least take a game off him. If he places the highest out of all the other Japan players I wouldn't be surprised at all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, MVD choked. He had good stage and pace control, and even though he lost the fruit, Pacman still has troubles approaching reliably.
That could've gone a lot better.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Honestly, MVD choked. He had good stage and pace control, and even though he lost the fruit, Pacman still has troubles approaching reliably.
To be fair, he could have approached by running behind Fair hydrants. If anything, MVD should have lost the fruit faster than that

Edit: he didn't even side B DHD's pidgeon

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
good stuff abadongo. You can never sleep on pac man. The commentators were 100% right about abadango lurking. I've seen him in most of the stream chats in every notable local/regionals these past weeks. He came here to win lol.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
MVD's DHD vs Abadango's Pacman: that moment when your dog steals your sandwich at the BBQ and runs while you keep ordering "Drop it! Drooooop iiiit! Drop. It." to no avail.

BSP

Smash Legend
That was good, but MVD obviously wasn't familiar with Pac-Man. He tried to pick up a galaxian thrown from hand >.>

Hopefully that showed why I keep saying Trampoline is such a great get out of jail free card.

Actually, I think Abadango could've calmed down and remained on the other end of the stage. He can pellet heal off of frisbees, hit cans back, and place a hydrant when wild gunman come out to get a free bair launch after they shoot.

Pac-Man isn't relatively heavy. He's a tad lighter than Mario.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'll admit, I only just tuned in, been watching Persona, but customs seem to be running pretty well. Why was everyone freaking out about them again?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
John seems barely even custom reliant, he is mostly just spacing with the normal energy ball and powering up with deep breathing.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
OH MY GOD. WII FIT TRAINER JUST ****ING DEFEATED NAKAT'S FOX. THIS IS SO DAMN NUTS MY GOD.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
JOHN NUMBERS IS THE HERO WE NEEDED

He will take down ZeRo, calling it now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wish I screencap'd NAKAT's face at the end. I could almost taste the salt.

TriTails

Smash Lord
We interrupt you this EVO 2015 Smash Wii U tourney to show you an animated EVO logo that has been done proudly by our teams.

Speaking of which, is this normal? I hear match sounds in the background (And the winner is... Sheik!) but all I see is EVO's logo...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I just futilely hope these individual matches of unprepared people losing won't make people turn against customs.....
This is the same community that complained about the c-stick of all things in early melee days, ofcourse this'll be used as "evidence" that customs are bad.

Usually we just adapt as we get better but we've never had such an easy way to disallow things we don't want to learn so it's actually possible early public opinion could shape the future of the metagame.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Did Dabuz get sent to losers or did he get knocked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom