• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2013 Stream Cance--IS BACK

nessokman

Smash Lord
regardless of the limited impact it may make, the only reason i was even remotely thinking about purchasing their new console was because of smash. if melee does not get streamed, which is most likely going to be the case, i won't be purchasing another nintendo product again. and that's a very easy thing for me to say. once again, i know nintendo doesn't give two ****s about little ol' me, but that's what is going to happen, regardless.

lost my last faith in this company. and this game will forever be my favorite console game of all time.
losing all faith because of one stupid stream is a bit extreme? That's when a little kid would call you a crybaby. Melee isn't everything, hell if they decided to never make another Zelda, I would flip into a super natural rage and teleport to japan to strangle Iwata, but I'd get over it. You'll get over this one stupid stream

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Lol I think shoryuken can't handle the amount of people trying to access their website all at once.

It's not loading for me lol.

Melee's on stream at EVO this weekend? Time to reconsider getting Smash4, maybe even actually get the game. How good are the GameCube controller adapters for that console? Do they connect to the console or the wiimote controller?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
We did it, guys! People are now using the hashtags #MeleeUnlocked and #ThankYouNintendo to express their joy at the fact that Nintendo is now allowing us to stream Melee at EVO!

Super

Smash Apprentice
And people thought community efforts were going to pointless... GO MAYLAY

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
good job all for getting on Nintendo's arse about the screwup!! Can't wait to see the hypeness that is Melee this weekend (and I'm a small-time TO!).

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I think we should all discuss working with Nintendo in future tournaments and streaming content so that further complications like this can be avoided and we can continue to grow as a community.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Been pretty jaded about Melee lately, but this absolutely incredible. Good **** to everyone involved, you all are AMAZING!

edit: Melee community has jumped through so many hoops to make this whole event happen. Feels like fate didn't want us as a major event at evo, but the community turned back to it and said "no".

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
So glad for the melee community. Also glad that I'll get to watch some of that melee action.

inb4armadacancelledhistrip

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why you always so logical OS? ily bb.
It makes the people who are not.... angry at the least. I find enjoyment in that. Plus it generally involves being right, which helps. I'm hoping Melee gets streaming rights back though and am contacting who I can to fix it (I donated to get it into EVO too) though.

You going to apex?
Prolly not, i don't travel much.

Yeah, that giant stick stuck up his *** must hurt. It's the only reasonable explanation for his incredible likeability.

I'm liked by who I want to be liked by.

But hopefully this all works out; any Nintendo letter saying "don't stream this" did not result from some anti-Melee plan. It's just against their basic company policies, one of 'em at least. Make enough noise and someone will be able to say "we cool".

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I bet this was Nintendo's plan along. Get everyone talking about Nintendo and Smash then show that they listen to their fans :D

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Just keep in mind guys, Nintendo backpedaling this time doesn't mean they'll never try something like this again. Be optimistic, but keep a degree of caution in the future. Now that Nintendo's shown a desire to do this, and you can bet that given the right opportunity, they'll try it again.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
social media just four-stocked nintendo in under six hours

the melee train ain't stopping til we hit vegas, we shall use the heads of those who try to stop it as comedy props

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Melee's on stream at EVO this weekend? Time to reconsider getting Smash4, maybe even actually get the game. How good are the GameCube controller adapters for that console? Do they connect to the console or the wiimote controller?

Wiimote controller, to my knowledge.

The Wii U pro controller is really nice to play on though. It worked fantastically for Ninja Gaiden 3. The button layout might be a little funky compared to what we're used to, but given the ability to switch controls it should work just fine. Makes short hop dairs a bit harder without clawing though if you're used to using the c-stick.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
What a ridiculous evening

Good stuff everybody <3

I'm an outsider in this community on the whole but I feel like we're all united right now which is amazingly cool

Never stop, Smash community

Top Bottom