• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2013 Stream Cance--IS BACK

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
I love how people said that they "Lost all respect for nintendo" And "are never buying a product from them again"....Good luck upholding the latter of the two.

regardless of the limited impact it may make, the only reason i was even remotely thinking about purchasing their new console was because of smash. if melee does not get streamed, which is most likely going to be the case, i won't be purchasing another nintendo product again. and that's a very easy thing for me to say. once again, i know nintendo doesn't give two ****s about little ol' me, but that's what is going to happen, regardless.

lost my last faith in this company. and this game will forever be my favorite console game of all time.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
btw i know i'm ****ting all over the boycotters in here but I'm also emailing/calling/etc nintendo anyway because melee deserves what they paid for

i just also know overswarm is right
he's not right
why do you think Nintendo put this on the 3DS
it's because the Wii U is doing worse than the Gamecube right now, and it's doubtful that it'd do better
and without the userbase to back it up, it won't sell as well as either Brawl OR Melee

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
he's not right
why do you think Nintendo put this on the 3DS
it's because the Wii U is doing worse than the Gamecube right now, and it's doubtful that it'd do better
and without the userbase to back it up, it won't sell as well as either Brawl OR Melee
I'm sure nintendo will regret their decision when 10% of the ~490 people viewing this thread decide not to buy a game they were already ******** about anyway

Schmeckle

Smash Rookie
Played my part and called in. The guy I spoke to seemed as if he was confused himself on why the stream is not happening. If you haven't signed the petition or called make sure you do so!

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I'm sure nintendo will regret their decision when 10% of the ~490 people viewing this thread decide not to buy a game they were already *****ing about anyway
this extends far beyond this thread
have you checked the internet lately, this thing's everywhere already
to make things worse, it reinforces the image that Nintendo is out of touch with gamers, something that has already been around forever

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
okay guys secret stream plans

we need to plant a team outside the venue, with a wire leading to the tent where we do the commentary.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
I think people need to keep in mind that the message this sends is bigger than Smash at Evo, and bigger than Smash in general. It's about Nintendo's general attitude towards how people share and enjoy their games. On one hand, it shows a vice-like grip over their products, how they don't want communities to develop and expand.
What's more, it also shows a disdain for competitive communities, in a sense that they don't want us to have fun in our own way. It projects an attitude that is entirely toxic.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm pretty flattered that we're one of the bigger singular gaming communities while constantly getting **** on by themselves, others and even the developers.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've already emailed them asking for their explanation. I know if we got a petition going, we'd get the signatures we'd need in less than a day.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I'm just going to quote this guy:
some dude on neogaf said:
What I take away from this is that Nintendo's network related struggles go much deeper than simply having friend codes.

It's this sort of thing which is, to me, more telling. It suggests they do not understand networking more broadly. This is a social event; it is a way for a community of people who ostensibly enjoy their game to come together.

They seem to view the developments of communal, online gaming as some sort of alien force to be exterminated, and I think this serves them a profound disservice.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
this extends far beyond this thread
have you checked the internet lately, this thing's everywhere already
to make things worse, it reinforces the image that Nintendo is out of touch with gamers, something that has already been around forever
yeah, it's been around forever, and what exactly has nintendo done about it? it's not like the internet has never blown up before, the company disowns us for a reason. like overswarm said, the community needs to change its image if they want to be supported by this particular company

that being said I hope they reverse their decision - just like everyone else i'm contributing to the internet blowup, but lol if anyone seriously believes a significant boycott is going to happen

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
CEASE FIRE, I SEE A WHITE FLAG.

Anyone here has the talent to photoshop the story into that pic of super mario world where Mario is destroying/standing next to crumbled Koopa Fortress with a flag?

pelotaz0

Smash Cadet
We are the best guys, i'm very proud of being a little part of this. We beat diseases, company's or whatever. We are the best.

Top Bottom